Does Intermittent Fasting actually work?

Does Intermittent Fasting actually work?

Attached: 1445521453.jpg (586x524, 42K)

it worked for me, went from 215 to 178. the lower you get, the more hellish it gets.

But how can you be sure it was the intermittent fasting, and not just eating less?

It works for losing weight but is a gains killer

You're right. IF, keto, all these fad diets work because you're consuming less and drinking more water.

>drinking water helps you lose weight
lol

It works especially well with a ketogenic diet. It's a lot easier, you aren't constantly depleting and refilling glycogen stores. You'll be more primed to burn fat.

l-lol

What?

yeah. Looking at it mathematically, if you didn't eat 1 day out of a 7 day week, you could theoretically divide your passive caloric burn by 7 and subtract that value from all 6 previous days in order to get a rough idea of how many calories you are into a deficit.

Fasting once a week will put you anywhere between 2000 and 2800 calories in the red. That's almost an entire pound of fat. You don't actually burn that much of course, as your body is really good at holding onto energy when you haven't eaten, but it definitely helps. Calories in/Calories out is the most important thing to keep in mind when trying to lose weight.

Drinking water fills your stomach and reduces your appetite and chances are fatties would be drinking soda instead. All of which reduces calories. So yeah

>Drinking water fills your stomach and reduces your appetite
fucking bor science

water is a meme

No its not . They tell you in the military that if your hungry water will do

You don't fast for 24 hours usually so you're more looking at 1 skipped meal a day, let's say 700 Cal.
That's 1 kg a week if you do it everyday.

>believing the jew military
>actually drinking water made by jews
the jews convinced you to drink water, user. It's a jewish plot. They are everywhere on fit these days.

Why not fast for 24 hours? I do it every sunday as a religious gesture. Feels great. I take multivitamins and caffeine pills on my fast days and feel great. Why just skip 1 meal? I basically do that every day anyway.

no

yes

maybe

The only reason I do keto and intermittent fasting during a cut is because keto lowers my appetite and intermittent fasting makes it seem like I'm still eating a lot of food because I have to eat it all in a smaller window.

If I try to diet with carbs and eating meals all day, I get hungry as fuck.

i dont know but these debbies sure might

uhhh, what? That is true user. Furthermore a lot of times your mind confuses hunger for what is actually thirst.

post your sources

how does the mind confuse this? When I'm hungry I get a specific group of foods in mind that I want to eat. When I'm thirsty I get a specific taste of drink I want to consume. Never has this merged or been mixed up.

Intermittent fasting helps manage calories. I was maintaining on a 2k diet doing 3 meals a day. Wanted to a cut, but it was hard to while still wanting to eat multiple times a day. Started doing OMAD and now I have to be careful I don't go under my cut calories.

Not exactly the same as intermittent fasting, but same principal
>make yourself want to eat less
>easier time restricting overall calories

Works amazingly, will also help you curb your hunger and gain the skill to go to bed hungry.

>maintaining on 2k
are you a wamen or literal midget?

my mind is more intelligent than that user

is OMAD good for gaining weight the same as it is for losing weight?

is eating multiple times a day better than just once when on maintainance or slow cut calories ? (for muscle mass retention)

how much

if you can fit a daily calorie surplus into one meal i guess, and depends if you mean 'clean' or 'dirty'