I've recently been given a job as a gym manager

I've recently been given a job as a gym manager.

I've seen anons here complain over the years about crap gym staff so any ideas on how I can not be shit would be appreciated.

Attached: Spaceist-CEO-black-leather-desk-960x500.jpg (960x500, 43K)

Stop pushing fucking PTs in our faces
Fire all the manlets (especially Asian ones) and replace them with hot girls who wear yoga pants.

Attached: 433C729B-8E39-4CA3-9D3B-FB6ABE3B1C33.jpg (1618x901, 199K)

Buy calibrated rogue weights :)

If you have the moolah. That is

Also look into giving us a water cooler or two depending on the size.

i don't expect staff to do anything except lifetime ban people who don't follow normal gym etiquette

Two words: white only. The closer both staff and clientele approach this, the better the experience is for everyone.

>toss me!
I'm a 5'8 manlet and that got a laugh out of me

Make sure there's an equal distribution of plates in the appropriate places and ban anyone caught just leaving shit on the bar or lying around. Hate when I've got to hit up three or four racks to find shit because Spencer or Pedro can't fucking put their weights back.

I would agree on this, it's almost unheard of that any guy under 35 wants a personal trainer unless they're serious athletes and then they usually already have another trainer assigned to them outside the gym.

This is completely untrue. Live in Melbourne, Australia. I see young guys getting personal training all the time. Mostly rich chinese but still

I agree, as a person of color

Oh really? I've never seen it at mine but we're at different gyms so there's that. Where I am its' basically all white and barring a "free training session" I've almost never seen it happening.

Where you are maybe it's all new rich guys and it's not a big expense. I'm guessing you're at a Goodlife or something?

I get lowkey insulted when personal trainers try and give me training

I'm fucking stronger than you faggot, fuck off

They are just trying to get work man, don't take it personally or anything

Its a helms deep reference

In my experience being very obviously stronger than them keeps them from bothering you except for general banter.

>let people know if their form is shit
If they get mad tell them to gtfo
>don't mate yourself look "busy"
Some shy fag might be looking for a spotter
>don't make people wait for whatever reason
>don't throw Ransom advice for no reason

Trainers need to stick to preying on the new, dumb, skinnyfats. The people who have been going for years don't need or want your services, and they won't be paying for it.

Keep the bathrooms clean and the drink fridge stocked
Hassle people about cleaning up their weights
Implement a ‘you’re not their coach’ policy, that is, tell your staff not to give form advice to people unless they’re one of their clients or in immediate danger of hurting themselves
Order some fucking change plates

>Stop putting the music at the loudest level, if you can hear it with headphones on then it's too loud. Anyone who wants to listen to music can bring their own headphones.

>get bumper plates straight away, not for cunts that drop the weight but because it makes it easier to load and unload the bar when one plate is slightly larger than the others
>hurrr durr if ur to weak blah blah, I DL 6 plate and don't want to row the bar every time

>issue warnings for people who don't return their weights, after a few warnings terminate their membership

>fire any PT who uses bands or bodyweight exercises for men

>leave me the fuck alone, if I have headphones on it means I don't want to talk about how spending £5 more a month gets me free Yanga water

>have monthly challenges for women and men based, things like who can generate the most power on a rowing machine for 2 minutes or who can push the sled 50m the fastest etc.

>have a board displaying the current gym maxes, either based on weight class or put a ratio of weight lifted to bw

>make yoga pants mandatory for all staff members, especially males

honestly, you're doing a great job, that's why I keep coming back.

Keep it up! the tip jar could be a little more discreet though. I always feel like I'm being watched for how much I'm putting in.

>have monthly challenges for women and men based, things like who can generate the most power on a rowing machine for 2 minutes or who can push the sled 50m the fastest etc.
>have a board displaying the current gym maxes, either based on weight class or put a ratio of weight lifted to bw
my gym actually has this and it’s based af, motivates me to lift cos I want to get my numbers high enough to get on the board
1.8xbw bench is so far a away but I’m coming for it

having monthly challenges would be a great motivator, i second this

Workout in your gym. The best gym that I went to was one where the owner trained everyday in it. You'll be aware of any problem that way because you will experience them yourself.

Monthly chalenges and gym maxes are fucking based ideas

ive got to agree on this, i absolutely hate people just leaving their weights around despite how rarely it happens but i feel that its the responsibility of the staff to confront the lazy weight hoarders.

just pissed me off so badly once when this new staff guy tried to coach me in deadlifts, just looked at him and thought if he was either retarded or just trying to make fun of me since he was a total stick, either way just feels rude to come up to someone like that and try to coach someone when theyre a total twig

if anyone comes up to me to correct my form, i expect you to be bigger than me and have some constructive solid advice to provide or id just assume that you want to gobble down on ball juice or youre some bitter goober whos not happy with his job.

not much else id hope to receive from anyone working at a gym, im there for myself

ive thought of this before but just feels autistic to ask staff to provide, however some stats of best lifts in the gyms or hall of shame with "milky beard guy" / "guy who hook his socks on the barbells up for drying" list would be a total bro gym
yoga pants for men
no thx goober, nothing more uncomfortable and sometimes hurting than something thats snug down there

however i somewhat agree with firing staff that just dont belong, they should represent the idea or goal of the business.

> fire staff who put up "dont do this at the gym"
> put up monitors on the gym showing arnold COOMing scene on repeat