Rhabdomyolysis

Sup Jow Forums

Just got diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis after a workout. Anyone hve experience with it? How long does it take to recover? Will I lose muscle mass?

Attached: th.png (439x279, 136K)

Your brain mass is at critically low levels already

The brain isn't a muscle so I don't care

Rhabdo is pretty serious, you'll be out for a few months (for that muscle group anyway, you can do other shit). What muscle, and what'd you do to kill it?

Attached: twosweat.jpg (400x330, 35K)

Triceps and pecs. I was a dumbass and forgot to bring water, figured I'd waterfall from my buddy when I was thirsty but didn't end up drinking much. Add that to a new routine and bam.

Was the new routine like 2000 reps? Or were you trying to go zero to hero? It's pretty hard to get rhabdo even if you're dehydrated, it takes a retarded amount of reps and all pushing through a lot of pain.

Are you sure you're not self-diagnosing?

Attached: Titanic_sized_Snatch.jpg (500x309, 180K)

I wasn't trying to go super hard, but my buddy was pushing me harder than I usually go, and apparently rhabdo is easier to get when you're not properly hydrated. Not self diagnosing, had blood and urine tests today.

That sucks dude. Rhabdo is pretty rare and the only cases I've heard of is untrained people doing stupid shit like 500 ghds or trying to run a marathon.

Good luck on your recovery.

Thanks man. Definitely learned my lesson about water, and about knowing when to quit for the day.

>for that muscle group anyway, you can do other shit
That's the dumbest fucking medical advice I've ever heard.
OP should listen to his doctor, and take his bicarbonate and dieuritic meds and chill. OP doesn't need to be doing anything strenuous until his CBC and kidney funtion tests come back good. I'm sure his physician already explained this, and hopefully OP isn't retarded enough ignore that advice.

It took me roughly a week before the pain went away. Make sure to drink A LOT of water for your kidneys.

>hopefully OP isn't retarded enough to ignore that advice
I'm not, I'm a fan of my kidneys. Sucks that I can't take pain meds because of them though,

That's encouraging, I've heard of it taking significantly longer for some people. I'm trying to, but I'm a college student and leaving the class to piss every 15 minutes isn't great. Better than the alternative though.

Aight I gotta ask... WTF were you doing!?!?!?!?!! I got diagnosed with it when I was going through army special forces Q course. They had us doing a brutal smoke session for 3-4 hours after a 55 pound ruck run. All I remember was doing one legged bear crawls and the heat radiating off the ground felt like when you open the oven to check on food. I'm not fucking with you it was that hot. I just passed out and got the ol' silver bullet in my ass. 102 temp and red piss comin out the my little pecker. I felt like a pile of dog shit for a month and all my lifts, run time and ruck times went to shit. Rhabdo is a gym bros worst nightmare.

>especially bad adductor DOMS today
now im sweating that i have rhabdo

I definitely don't have it as bad as you did. There's blood in my piss, but just enough to make it dark, not red. Didn't pass out either, honestly thought I just pulled some muscles until it started getting worse instead of better over the next couple days

i've been sore for a week and totally fine otherwise. but this is why people are confused how he got rhabdo. every case i've ever seen was due to something extreme, not just a hard workout.

I was really shocked too. I seriously think it was just the combination of poor hydration and my buddy pushing me really hard after I would've called it quits. Might be a genetic predisposition too, I've heard some people get it more easily than others

>ghds
What is this?

GHD sit ups, Google it

LMFAO
get what deserve...
I bet you were real extreme bro, ur like goku!

How long were you working out for user? Did you do any cardio? Were you outside at all?

You'd have to work yourself to exhaustion to get to rhabdo.

stop doing crossfit

My friend got rhabdo about two months ago and his lifts suffered a bunch and he still has not gotten back to where he was before getting it.

The fuck? How do we avoid this? I used to do a retarded amount of volume like Jacked and Tan 2.0, what's the limit to get something like this?

Haha you giant fucking retard. How fucking dumb do you have to be to not even know how to drink.
You'll lose tons of muscle due to being retarded.