/fast/

>tfw down 42 (250 to 208, 6'0) pounds in 8 weeks of water fasting Monday-Friday
Should I push on for another month before switching to lifting and OMAD? Goal weight is 150, and I'd like to be there by the end of February at the latest. From there I plan to try and slowly bulk back to 170-180.
How goes your fasts, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1562686818382.jpg (500x500, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mA2dVdZNTrg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Feel hungry bros

why are you fat fucks so impatient
you're gonna burn yourself out before you make it and waste even more time than if you just did a steady deficit from the start
guaranteed, you ain't special.

Holy fuck you cry louder than incels

Based and dubspilled

Attached: 1561698468258.jpg (507x720, 75K)

8 weeks of 5 day fasts is impressive man. But others are right that you should learn to consume a sustainable long-term healthy diet. Remember high protein and as low carbs as you can go.

So i tried to fast.
Lasted 3 days. I fucked up and drank some Fun Light instead of water the last day, and woke up next day with wrong body temperature.

I guess I would do a day of keto first, then coffee for breakfast, and then fast on next attempt.
Also feeling somewhat better.

Fuck Me. Been doing OMAD + High Fat/Low Carb for about a week, and fucked it up bad today. OMAD is way easier than IF for me, IF makes me binge eat, but I've been doing OMAD for a while with no trouble. I haven't figured out high-fat low-carb yet though. Ate this for lunch:
> 200g steak
> 200g bacon
> 2 eggs
> half hass avocado
> 40g Creamy Blue cheese (good quality shit)
> topped with about 15ml of mayo (also good quality/no sugar/good oils)
> 1 cup coffee with butter
> 40g blueberries & 60g strawberries for dessert
Ate this at 12:30pm, then had a speed cardio session (1km reps) at 5:30pm and I still hadn't digested this shit. Grease all down my neck, and next to no carbs for the run. Tapped out after the 6th rep, after my times had gone to shit. Got home, and stuck some fingers down my gob to get rid of the greasy filth all over my throat. About 1/4 of the meal came back up, and now I'm waaayyy under my calorie defecit goal for the day. Definitely need to do a more even split of carbs/fat for the amount of exercise I'm doing. But I feel like I fucked up somewhere, either with the proportions, or types of fat I ate.

I feel like I haven't done enough research on the types of fat I should be eating. Did I fuck up on lunch? Are some of those fats harder to digest, and leave a stickier feeling in your throat than others?

Dear Jow Forums,

In today's blog post;
I'm 6ft 330 pounds and I'm 48hrs into my first dry fast ever, have lost 90 pounds from my heaviest since I started dieting 6 months ago but starting to grow impatient so I decided to fast.
No Idea if I'm supposed to be taking supplements or whatever, just did it on a whim, saying fuck it and literally stopped consuming anything, putting the fork and the straw down so to speak.

I've found I'm actually not hungry, like at all. The only difficulty has been the slight urges to grab a drink of water but hasn't been too much of a problem. I should probably remove that full bottle of water from in front of me on my desk though. One thing with dry fasting I will note is it make it near impossible to take medication if your mouth gets too dry.

Don't know whether or not to break this fast by simply transitioning into a wet fast for a few days and then resume eating, fasting, so on.
Will be frequenting /fast/ from now on though as I feel great and this is really fucking easy. It's literally do nothing. Don't know why I didn't do this earlier.

>cutting without lifting
Start lifting now, ffs.

Honestly, just wondering. How come people decided to starve 'til death on this board? I thought IF was acceptable, now this moron says he fasted for 8 weeks. How do you guys survive?

I am on 18/6 IF and it's already painful as it is.

>Don't know why I didn't do this earlier.
Because worklife or social balance generally means you are averse to risking being meek for the first day or two of the fast.

Still novice, but the generally idea seem to be:
1. Keto for 2-3 days
2. Transition into keto coffee or fuck all
3. Start fasting
4. Ignore hunger for the first day
5. Eat vitamins and stuff
6. Survive on water
7. Start eating once you get hungry again

Its also a weird feeling once your bloodsugar gets ketostable, your guts feel empthy, but there is no hunger.

It's weird, 16:8 was painful for me, but OMAD isn't painful at all. I get only get hungry about an hour before it's time to eat, and that's it. Makes meal planning and cooking enjoyable again too.

I am already on Keto + IF but I think starving for days is just unnecessary. Wouldn't your lifts suffer?

Painful as emotionally painful I'd say. Sometimes there are stomach cramps too but they are manageable. Food is an important component of a social life. It is not nice to pass every occasion to eat.

Anyway I do not believe I could 160KG DL and not eat for weeks.

This lunch is absolutely fucked. How fucking fat are you that you can pummell all of that in one sitting? Also why the fuck do you have dessert with lunch?

Personally though I'd replace bacon with something else. It's so fucking salty and just shit quality meat.

Bruh.
I am doing a prolonged fast and train for a marathon.
And lift every second day

And I must say, my legs are feeling Shakey and weird.
And I feel like everything is grey.
Is this just my body adjusting to ketosis?

I don't like it, but I spend most of my time nowadays lying in bed and trying to find joy in life.
Thank God there is meaning for me though.

This thread is full of morons. Long fasts have way more benefits than just weight loss, also intermittent fasting doesn't give you all the benefits long fasts do.

i just got over a terrible cold and the whole time i was thinking about how i would never complain about feeling shitty on a fast ever again

Does chewing gum break the fast?

Yes. It releases insulin and makes u fat. Just like diet sodas and shit

Really? Just had a single wrigleys stick :/

>Wouldn't your lifts suffer?
Yes. While you are on fast you don't get more protein, so you can't build more muscles.
Sure the body salvage some of the stuff you eaten before entering fast, but its its insignificant.

The aestetic idea is to decrease insulin resistance to get more control over your hunger, while also moving towards the physique faster.
There is also some health benefits, but in the grand scheme of science they are not that well researched.

Link to literature plz

Attached: Bayex_searchingforsauce.jpg (685x600, 122K)

It won’t do anything noticeable

Whats better for lifting OMAD or a fast cycle?

If im going the gym 5x a week, is it advisable to put in a day of complete fasting, rather than IF?

this.
t.exfat

Going really well OP thanks for asking.
>started at 220lbs
>1 month in down to 200lb
>goal is 185lb but month 2.5

My maintenance is 3000kcal so I'm consuming 2300 a day with 150g protein a day.

I haven't been on here in a year. I got married last september after losing 80ish pounds through keto and fasting. 6' even and was down to 200 pounds. After getting married, buying a house, getting a new job, I fucking gained back 60 pounds. Anyway, I'm like 30 hours into my fast now and probably like 60 hours in keto. Already lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks just starting(water weight but fuck you).

I missed you fucking homos so much

Attached: Fuck.jpg (1080x737, 70K)

Hot anecdote:

I've recently been enjoying the fuck out of extending the nightly dry fast (i.e. the period of sleep, when you neither eat nor drink anything) for at least a couple more hours after I wake up. Waiting for that first cuppa water feels super refreshing and honestly makes the rest of the day golden.

That's not fasting you weak willed faggot

coom

That's not fasting. That's just removing the connection between night of sleep -> eat breakfast/eat coffee

Your body is mentally conditioned by when you eat breakfast/lunch/dinner/supper, or if you even eat those meals. And its only screaming if you go far below what you need to eat.

2 months
3 days
1 week
2 days
1 month

is anybody noticing a pattern

>people fast until they hit their goal and then stop

Whoa never knew this

Wtf is coon

Yes. One day fasting a week vs single attempt fasting.
Nevermind dry start vs wet start vs morning coffee first day or just a dose of keto coffee. Or prestarting with keto diet for 4-5 days to avoid the glucose burnout feeling like shit

Fellas can a 5-7 days fast fuck my gallbladder?
saw this video and got pretty scared
youtube.com/watch?v=mA2dVdZNTrg

Try eating beef liver and onions -- stuff like that. Or a bunch of cabbage with some beef. Bacon is good but I don't think you've earned that if you are eating a meal a day and trying to lose weight.

Do you want a free lunch? There is not one. Mostly things worth it involve some pain, adjustment, or discomfort. You don't know what you are missing.

It may take your mitochondria 4-6 weeks to become fully fat adapted. At that point you shouldn't have energy issues if there is bodyfat which can be mobilized and used as energy. Until then, it takes some adjustment. Consider that all the ultramarathon (100 or 200 miles) runners are keto adapted as fuck.

Welcome back. I had a bit of a 6 month alcoholism and fast food flare up...so I'm up 30 lb from goal weight (not so bad, considering), just getting back into it myself.

Do not take advice from blacks.

In context its about 120-150kg landwhales producing gallstone from weight reduction and diet.
Outside of context I haven't tried lemon tea yet.

Basically he is full of shit, since he doesn't attack the mechanism that makes gallstones possible.
For gastric bypass you reconnect the stomache/guts via surgery to reduce its ability to absorb nutrition, and thus setting a artifical cap on what you can acquire from food. But that is still basically a diet, on top of complications from not properly filtering your food trough your eating organs.

where in any of those posts does it suggest they hit their goal

oh fuck it, you're too dumb
it doesn't

About 65kg, and 16% BF. Trying to hit race weight of 60kg. Having dessert because I needed at least a little carbs, as I train twice a day almost every day.

Thanks for the advice though. I also think I used too much cooking oil.

Ok. Where TF can I find some beef liver? I'll do my own research. Thanks for the advice.

Any good butcher shop and even some grocery stores. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is very nutrient dense and quite filling. Cheap too because people don't eat much organ meat these days. Good luck.

Is something like Ancestral Supplements decent at getting beef organ nutrients? Obviously won't be the same quality/amount, but still good?

Attached: 1567032024665s.jpg (190x250, 4K)

I'm 42 hours into an attempted 72 hour fast, how do I stop thinking about food constantly? I'm not even very hungry, but all of my thoughts are on food.

41 hours into a 120 hour (5 day) fast, feeling good. Gonna be single digit body fat by the end, and it'll be literally double my previous fasting PR. Stay strong, lads.

Do something mentally engaging. I'm a programmer, so I have that baked in; but if you can force yourself to take on a cognitively heavy load, it will displace the thoughts of food. Read. Do math. Play a puzzle game. Musician? Learn a difficult piece. You got this.

>being this dumb

I thought it was implied, but extending the DRY aspect of the fast was the main gist. Maybe fasting really does make you a fucking retard. Who knows.

>I thought it was implied
There is no sarcasm or implied body language once you have a 2000 signcap.

You could have salvaged the post by saying something like when you start the fast, because the post merely says that you go to sleep, and skin breakfast/morning hydration, which the body really doesn't care about outside of mental conditioning or hard labor.
But such is imageboard faggotry.

The most likely benefit is that you go towards Keto since 7-8 hours sleep + time since last meal + a few hours in the morning do add up. Stable bloodsugar is the most amazing thing.

Idk i think a lot about food when I'm on my 6 day fasts, it doesn't really matter. Just don't eat lmfao.

How much weight can i lose in 5 days?

or you could just OMAD like a sane human being and not fuck up all your organs

WUSSUP WIDDAT

Attached: a3237172119_16.jpg (700x700, 84K)

can i lose 3-4 kg in one week with omad?

maybe if you are omading on vegetables, but not sure why you would want to do that

you arent losing 4kg of fat even if you are dry fasting

This LP never shipped

Need to lose around 10 lbs of fat, u sure fasting wont use my muscle mass? I absolutely hate CICO, I get too hungry towards the night. Rather suffer 1-2 days than 2 months.

Hey fasters, I am a fat as fatass female. I am 5'8 and have lost a lot of weight. I have been doing OMAD, keto, and extended fasting here and there (3 days a time either once a week or every two weeks).

I am wondering if there are people doing OMAD and how much calories are you getting?
I do not feel bad and I also lift weights at the gym MWF. I am only getting like 800-900 each meal and just tonight I ate 1200 and felt like I was going to explode.

Also, how long should I be in keto for?
I have not done a carb refeed since I started.. back in May.

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 11K)

all you had to do was follow the damn train cj

just eat one large size meal per day. it can have pretty much whatever you want in it, like meat, starch, carbs, some snacks, water etc etc.

if you dont wake up lighter the next day, then you have to eat less food and or remove the highest calorie offenders like sugars, carbs, and butter/cheese.

i am currently eating about 2000 calories per day and still losing weight... good luck senpai

22 days into a 100+ day fast. I wasn't able to fully overcome my food addiction on my previous 45 day fast so I'm just going to go indefinitely. Feeling good at this point.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (852x1181, 80K)

Weights stuck for 3 days. Am I overreacting or should i cut more calories?

nice user, triple digit fasting days is ascension...make us proud boi

>break a 2 day fast with milk
>milk hits my stomach with what feels like a splash

Attached: 1498796798275.jpg (540x540, 20K)

Not any safe amounts.
Fasting + 2-3 smaller jogging trips and some activity trough out the day is somewhat peak.

If you really overdo it, you might strain any organs that has to filter the fat your body mines from the fat stores. But for a healthy individual its likely whatever.

OMAD doesnt fuck your metabolism, does it?

Does Monster Ultra break my fast?

Depends on how glucose heavy the meal is. But generally your guts get too full to allow you to really do that.

I'm taking ostarine (no sides) for the next 12 weeks. Going to try and recomp. I still need about 40Ibs to lose. Should I fast for 24s or 48s, and should my refeed be 1500 or 2000 cals? Thanks.

would this break a fast ?

Attached: Snapchat-1406879885.jpg (1386x2688, 900K)

72's. And your refeed should be 1200 kcal max.
You have about 30000 kcal for the week. Make them count.

Will it? There is only one way to find out.
Mine survived 3dl of Pepsi Max, but not 1l of diluted funlight squash. Essentially it had too much aspartame, and triggered digestion.

thank you bro. all i wanted was for someone to handhold me a bit. i got this shit.

Do you guys crave sweetness that much that you can't be without it for a couple of days? You shouldn't be fasting when you still can't control what goes into your mouth outside of fasting.

I'd also like to add that drinking anything without proper mineral balance is just going to make the fast worse. I avoid this by drinking as little water as I can. Days when I'm fasted I might have some water in the morning or not at all.

>get stomach ache pretty often
>nausea everytime I eat
>occasionally eating will trigger a strong fight or flight response, sometimes causing panic

decided to do a 3 day fast to see if that help clear my system out done one before but using lemon juice and electrolytes make it a lot easier and smoother right? also what're the chances a 3 day fast actually fixes my weird food problems?

a 5 day split might help. Look at Elliot Hulse's programme.

Good going fatty keep up the good work!

>Elliot Hulse's programme.
I thought he turned into one of those meme internet gurus? didn't he do a thing where mens scream dance then put makeup on each other? or should I only listen to his fasting related things

how long can i keep a protein shake mixed with powdered peanut butter and milk in an airtight jar in a fridge?

Until it starts smelling rancid. You'll know when.

fellas can i make snake juice with only 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sodium bicarbonate?

Tastebuds takes somewhere between 10-14 days to do a complete change off. They simply experience so extreme wear during normal life, that the body feels that new tastebuds every 2 weeks is worth the effort.
What the similar number for the sensors in the guts or stomache is, i don't know. But 3 days shouldn't suffice. Maybe 5.

Digesting with normal eating cycle of a lot of foods means that food takes 10-14 hours to get trough. But that changes a lot when there isn't new food to digest.

How to balance fasting with an active/physical job?

my first day at amazon warehouse i fasted all four days. try 48s

Give yourself 2-3 days to adjust.
I.e keto for lunch on friday, water with salt for dinner, and then stay on the fast.
In some ways you have more energy on fast, because it never decreases.

Just ate a high carb meal before starting my fast, am i going to lose any weight.

>doing omad
>eat a big carvery meal, lots of bacon, potatoes, chicken breast wrapped in bacon, vegetables and orange juice
>feel actually full for first time in long time
>go from 119.7kg to 120.4kg

fuck me

Attached: EC3eQjKWwAEtrAA.jpg (400x363, 20K)

Forgot to add: gravy, lots of fucking gravy. I know, don't drink your calories but it just tastes too nice.

Lads I need info about fasting and IF and kidney stones, I'm prone to that shit. cheers

Stop eating high oxalate foods, get enough vitamin K2. Fasting shouldn't make an impact.

shut up fatso

OMAD is just 23:1 IF

I just started my first fast since probably February and about 16 hours in the hunger pangs got replaced by a really satisfying empty feeling. Feels good bros.

JUST FOLLOW THE MONEY AND THERE WILL BE AN END TO THIS HORROR

Attached: Screenshot_20190911-203647.png (1440x2560, 2.57M)

I'm impressed someone found a way to monetize the absence of eating.

You're a fucking rube if you bought this shit.

Fasting is a meme I finished a 3 day fast and ended up losing only 1 pound. Not worth it to feel like shit, have my gym efforts be impacted, and constantly be thinking about food unable to focus.