What's a good beginner powerlifting program?

What's a good beginner powerlifting program?

Attached: KK 939.webm (320x240, 670K)

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=What's a good beginner powerlifting program?&t=ffcm&atb=v139-1&ia=web
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SS + GOMAD

SS isn't optimal for powerlifting

duckduckgo.com/?q=What's a good beginner powerlifting program?&t=ffcm&atb=v139-1&ia=web

>First result is bodybuilding.com doing the each powerlifting movement once a week

His form is terrible

Lol

post body

>you can't judge form if you have a shit body

problem?

Yes, that's shit. I don't see why you shouldn't have higher frequency

Smolov :^)

General strength adaptations are the one and only concern of a novice, anything else is secondary
You can focus on powerlifting once you're intermediate

why?

why increase frequency when you can make gains quickly training movements once per week?

His form is perfect, this was discussed million times

Inefficient
Because strength is specific. Why increase the squat by 10 pounds a week when you can increase it by 30?

RIP in peace

Destroy the opposition by jamie Lewis

you can find the book for free, just google it.

>Why increase the squat by 10 pounds a week when you can increase it by 30?
Name one program that adds 30lbs to your squat a week when you're not doing complete babyweight
Protip: SS might have you go up 45lbs a week at the first 1-2 weeks if you're capable, but that's because you're likely squatting 95-115lbs at that point; show me one novice who got his honest to god squat max from 245 to 275 in a single week that doesn't have athletic history or doesn't weigh 400lbs

I never claimed you could do that forever, my point is that in the beginning, progressing the big lifts once a week for 5-10 pounds it just inefficient.

Squats 3x3
Bench 3x3
RDL 3x3
Row 3x3

Deadlifts 1x3
Incline 3x3
Front Squat 3x3
Chin Ups 3xF

rushing to put morr weight on the bar is the biggest mistake novice lifters make

Dude, 5 lbs to a squat 3 times a week is what 90% of linear progressions will proscribe. That's not "rushing" by any means

It’s only what absolute beginner programs recommend and it’ll stop working within a couple of months

>and it’ll stop working within a couple of months
at which point you're no longer a novice

But still a beginner as a powerlifter, so it brings us back to the original question

What? How do you figure that? When you're exhausted your novice gains, it's over. It's not like you can call yourself a powerlifter and magically extend how long you can linearly progress

Based

heavy compound lifts 3x3 with a caloric surplus.

If there is a lift, where you don't make gains anymore, you need accessory exercises, but that's specific.

wtf is based about that?

His form is alright as he rounds upper back, not lower back. Many top PLers do this to allow faster start off floor so your point is moot.

My point had nothing to do with his form, I was criticizing the argument that you need to look good to judge

sorry, meant 3x5

Why 3x3?

>3x5
sheep

I am aware, just wanted to point it out. Should have quoted different comment then. :(

>caloric surplus
Unless you're fat

>powerlifting
>caloric deficit

If you're fat, your first goal should be losing weight

Starting Strength, then Texas Method or Heavy Light Medium

>HLM for powerlifting

Ýou don't even lift. Who are you to judge what's efficient?

Not an argument. Address my points

> texas method

Yes, it's a less stressful alternative to Texas Method.
The Texas Method came from Bill Starr 5x5 which is essentially HLM

>it's a less stressful alternative
Dude, we're not 40 year olds starting powerlifting

Fuck off DYEL, post squat before you continue shitting up this thread

You'll be upping the weights on S/B/D once a week on either program, so what advantage do you think TM has?

Are you going to address my points?

TM is better for PRs

Not until you post squat weakling, but I'll check these double dubs holy shit

who even cares, you could add 30lbs a week for maybe 6 weeks max assuming you start with the bar and in the scheme of things thats no time at all.

Because the faster the progress, the better

If you're a beginner can you do advanced programs or if you're advanced can you do beginner programs?
Just a thought

>If you're a beginner can you do advanced programs
Yes, but it's not time efficient

>if you're advanced can you do beginner programs?
No, you'll make zero gains and probably make reverse progress. Periodisation is too short

>Have no experience in a topic
>Expect others to listen to you
Hahahahahahahahhahaha retard

If you can pull your max with perfect form then it's not your max you fucking DYEL

so do SS but add 3 times the weight each time

Jesus christ this thread

Just do 5/3/1 for beginners.

Attached: 1529695468473.jpg (492x330, 43K)

This lmao

That's still a three week periodisation which is retarded for beginners

>periodisation
is this the new meme word of the year

No because you amrap every day, so you set rep prs. That's safer for beginners than loading retard weight onto the bar with shit form.

Your points are nonsense born out of inexperience. There's nothing to address. Nobody can add 30lbs to their squat every week.

Attached: 1565127736887s.jpg (233x250, 8K)

>Ya all my lifts went up by 240lbs after 2 months because i realized all of these programs were inefficient despite me having never lifted before.
this should work out for you, good luck.

You're both retarded

fuck user
I haven't been keeping track of my amrap numbers, is it really that important

> powerliftingtowin program
unironically
pic related

Attached: NEWPNP2.png (750x702, 35K)

I mean you're still getting the work done but progress will be slower if you don't progressive-overload by trying to hit rep prs often. Use a phone app to keep track of it for you, on android "Five3One" is really good.

Monday
Comp squat 3x8
Opposite stance DL 3x10
Squat accessory
20 mins cardio

Wednesday
Comp bench 4x8 (1 paused, 7 TnG)
Front squat/high bar squat 3x10
Bench accessory
20 mins cardio

Friday
Comp deadlift, 3x6
OHP/DB bench/incline bench/CGBP 4x12
Deadlift accessory
20 mins cardio

Pick accessories based on weak spots; feel free to change them as needed, start with hack squats, a tricep isolation, and glute bridges. For supplementary lifts, try to work at around RPE 7-8. Add weight to main lifts each week; once you fail to add weight two weeks in a row, for that lift and it’s supplementary lift start adding weight and cutting a rep or two each week in four week blocks, resetting back to the original rep scheme with a higher weight in the fifth week. Add a deload week before resetting if you feel beat up, do your week 1 workouts with 2/3 the weight and one less set for each lift. If competing or just wanting to test maxes, do a peak week with high intensity and low volume 2 weeks out, then a rest week of low intensity and low volume week of the comp. Your peak week will include your opener for each lift, and you are allowed to try for a small PR if you feel good, but you are not allowed to miss any lifts.

Now go lift and stop worrying about your programming

Attached: mHfacHp.jpg (890x590, 93K)

>progressing the big lifts once a week for 5-10 lbs
Both of those are wrong; you progress like this:
>Squat: 3 times a week; 2 times every week or 3 times every 2 weeks at late novice
>Presses: 3 times every 2 weeks for each
>Deadlift: 3 times a week for 2-3 weeks, then 3 times every 2 weeks, alternated with power cleans; once every 4 sessions at very late stages
In terms of weight, it's "as much as *reasonably* possible"; a 115lbs untrained girl might add 5 pounds every session, going from 45 to 75 in 2 weeks, while a 175lbs young guy who has previous athletic experience might add 15lbs a session to a 1pl8 squat, getting to 2pl8 in 2 weeks -- the claim that everybody adds 5-10lbs a session no matter what applies to Stronglifts, a different, and also garbage, program

pick up weights you pussy, thats the best starting program

That's even /nobelt/? Fookin NICE

Attached: 1567925350450.jpg (724x720, 37K)

Novice program generally doesn't matter but if you want focus on powerlifting you should focus on the SBD and leave the curls at the door. GSLP is probably the best for that and then do more incline or flat bench instead of OHP.
>b-but my balanced physique!
You want to min-max 3 lifts then you got to min-max those 3 lifts.

For the intermediate you generally need to build up intensity from a volume block. There's lots of powerlifting programs, I'd probably go with RTS systems intermediate programming. If you want to get serious you should get a coach but powerlifting doesn't pay anything so that's really only for people that want to become freaks.

>just do this secret program and you'll triple your strength gains!
Do you high school kids still believe this shit? You could have said powercleans/OHP were a waste of time for a powerlifter but you went full retard instead.

Came here to post this

Hepburn method

A:

Squat 8x2
Bench 8x2
Abs+Arms+Delts

B:
Deadlift 8x2
Military press 8x2
Abs+Arms+Delts

Add a rep every next workout till you reach 8x3. Then reset and add 5/10 lbs to each lift

>just do this secret program and you'll triple your strength gains!
That's not what I said at all; are you retarded? The original post I was replying to had you squatting once a week and adding 5 pounds. Squatting 3 times a week on something like SS adding 5 pounds would be triple that rate

lmfao @ powerlifting

Why?

5/3/1 is fucking retarded

Just do SS you retard. You don't even know what efficiency is

SS can be improved for powerlifting. Ditch powercleans, replace OHP with incline

5/3/1 has produced world class athletes, you're the retard

Post body

>5/3/1 has produced world class athletes
Who?

Oh really? Please provide details on why it is retarded, I am very curious to see what reasons you have

Let me guess, you are a beginner/intermediate lifter who didn't like the linear progression model

Greyskull.
Best in the game.