What to do when you feel like you’re not progressing?

Basically I’ve been working out for 4ish months but I feel like I’ve hit a plateau. Any advice? Should I take creatinine or something before a workout to give myself more energy?

Attached: 8F89C327-60B8-4D74-8EBB-8F87C671526D.jpg (1574x2100, 537K)

Bump

Yes, take creatine. We'd really need to know your training routine and height and starting and current weight and shit like that to offer any more useful advice

>hard way
You've only been lifting for 4 months, rome wasn't built in a day... stay consistent and eat to match your goals
>easy way
Roid pussy

I’m 148 5’8

Then I'd gain a lbs per week until you were 160 lbs, and reevaluate. I dunno what your routine is, because you refuse to tell us, but if you've been doing SS for four months it's probably a good time to start some weekly program, or The Bridge, or some such early intermediate scheme.

come back in 8 months and cut that fat

Sorry I don’t really follow a specific routine, I just follow my week chart which pretty much goes
>Chest/shoulders
>back
>break
>arms
>legs/core
>break
>break
Can you give me some advice?

>i dont follow a specific routine

What routine is best in your opinion?

Bump

diet is your problem. carrying too much bf and eating enough, giving you that bloated skinny fat look and soft chest.

you can either eat like a mad cunt for the next 4 months and go full bloat to 170lbs while adding 50lbs to all your lifts to build the muscle base, then cutting back down to 150 with heavy cardio/hitt/sauna.

or you can lean out but stay the same weight, but cutting your diet to just healthy food while eating more, and adding 2 days of cardio a week to shed the bodyfat.

you simply dont have the genetics to autowin, you carry fat in your stock, chest, hips, and you're a wristlet which means your bone structure and frame are not godlike for absorbing weight gains. if you roid you will look like your typical small guy with a complex. your best bet is to decide what your goal is.

>twink mode, need to be 145-155 but super leaned out im talking 10% bf or less
>otter mode, can carry up to 12% bf and be 165 but you need to build up your chest and back to hide your girl hips, and you have to learn how to stand without full knee flexion (weak tendons, hamstrings)
>fuck you i do what i want bloatmaxx - just eat 4k a day and lift, you'll look like a gorilla.

Fuck man honestly I don’t even know about this working out shit anymore. I honestly thought I didn’t look that bad but now I feel embarrassed as fuck.

>5’8
Dude it's over for you I'm sorry

Don't stress mate, just keep at it, you don't have an awful bod, just a bit extra weight in the tits.

Start running if you haven't already, fit will say it kills gains but really they're fat monsters so dont put too much stock in what they're saying :)

The best routine is that one you can stick with consistently. However when you compare routines with each other a certain routine might have an edge over the other, but the most important thing is to hit every muscle group consistently, and progressively overload. When you notice a plateau in a certain lift, try to come up with accessory lifts for it, researching online like you are doing now is good.

Furthermore i can only give you my experience with the format I follow which is PPLx2, but this requires you to hit the gym 6 times a week. You can still follow a PPL format and do it once a week but lets say its less efficient then doing upper lower split 3 times a week.

In the 9 months I have been consistently doing PPLPPLx and sometimes switching it up to PLPPLPx after deload weeks. I noticed alot of muscles growth but a more slower growth in strength. For example I have been stuck at 38kg-40kg dumbell benchpress for around a month already. I notice progress in better reps and better sets but its slower compared to a strength based program.

Taking creatine is very wise as its one of the most researched supplements in the industry and its safe to use. Furthermore try to eat clean and sleep well. When trying to hit new PR's dont feel bad in doing longer rest periods. Usually for big lifts I do 3-4 mins of rest and when trying to hit a pr I lengthen it to 4-5 mins. For smaller lifts i do 2-3 mins of rest.

You look good. Just stop going on this body dysmorphia fit forum

to most girls you would look normal, they would prefer you to lose 10lbs of fat and gain 10lbs of muscle and look like a sticc twink with wide shoulders and narrow thin hips. female attraction is all about your face.

but Jow Forums is about giving you long term life advice about building your body up to some minmax mode where you gain the most from what you have to work with. at 5'8 140s most athletic guys have visible abs and a very thin upper torso with the bulk of their weight and muscle in their ass and legs. unathletic guys (eg the avg person) carries the weight in their upper body with thin weak legs. i was just trying to explain to you that your results won't be the same as the extreme transformations you see online where a guy who already looks good just adds muscle effortlessly because of the genetic kiss. you'll have to be very patient and diligent with your diet, just look at your parents or grandparents in younger photos to see what i mean. people were also naturally leaner in the past due to better access to natural foods.

Thanks guys I appreciate the knowledge and help. I think I’m going to start using creatine and continue bulking for a bit then I’ll start cutting using a ECA stack. Do any of you guys have any experience with ECA by any chance?

Thanks for the advice. I think I’m going to go bloatmax mode and just bulk up to around 165-170, then go on a hard cut. Any tips/advice you recommend for a cut? Can I still build muscle or at least save it?

Do 531

>i don't follow a program
>i don't eat properly
>i do some brosplit bullshit

Gee, no progress op? Shocking.

in the bulk try to eat clean but up the portion sizes, milk is good as a filler to water, you'll have to drink a lot anyway to avoid digestion issues. work up to eating more progressively, you wouldn't try to squat 405 cold, neither should you double your food intake overnight.

work on building your legs, heavy squats, pistols with weight, hip thrusts, this is where you are weakest, and all further training will require you to have strong hips, legs, lower back.

in the cut, avoid unnecessary salt and sugar. you will have to pick one or more of: swimming, cycling, running. you should be doing 20mins of HIIT cardio a day during the bulk, and 40 minutes during the cut. in the bulk you'll eat twice as much per day as in the cut, where you might come down to 1 big meal a day with long periods of fasting.

it should be 3 months up and 3 months down. take 3 photos of yourself, one now (full nude), one 3 months from now (full nude) and one 6 months after the cut (full nude). avoid fixating too much on your appearance until the photo day comes along, the changes will be subtle but significant. we are redistributing fat and changing the composition of your body, we aren't going to be changing your skeleton or adding height or anything ridiculous. just leaning out the top, bulking out the bottom, and creating a more aesthetic line.

Do SS

why does it always look like no one trains chest on this board