After 5 pullups i get tendonisis for 2 weeks

If you cant do even 1 pull-up you are a failure as a man

>If you cant do even 5 pull-ups you are a failure as a man
ftfy, maybe should even up it to 10

20, faggot.

>pulllets not even managing 5000 pull-ups

fix your form

18 in total fat boy

Last session of pull ups, I did 3 sets (7,6,5) with an additional12.5kg.

Chin ups tend to hurt my right bicep.

I hate talking about pullups because there are so many fucking variations (infinitely many ways to grip factoring in grip distance) and ways to cheat that you’re never talking about the same exercise with another person.
I’ve met lanky ass dudes who’ve claimed to be able to do 50 pullups but their form is a joke and they use momentum to swing up and weigh like 150 pounds or something.
I wish there was a standardized pullup but i guess the million ways to cheat is why nobody takes body weight exercises seriously.

>non-weighted pull ups

Attached: aiportraits_1563624532.jpg (512x512, 15K)

David goggins did like 5000 pull-ups and you can't do 1
>Not gonna make it

Home gym shitface here. What's the best bar you trannies and mudskins?

Attached: 1564437913545.jpg (393x393, 106K)

why 20?

I don't give a shit about David Goggins. Tell me how many Wayne Goggins does.

I have been doing inverted rows. I think I neglect them because they're not progressing and they're not progressing because I neglect them.
Not having much luck getting higher reps nor mastering more difficult progressions.

>can pull up to 160lbs
>weigh 200 lbs
God damn it if only I could weigh less ;-;

Tell me how many Mrs Goggins from Postman Pat does.

It's a nice round number, and I can only do 17, so I've still got something to aim for. Almost every man should be able to do 20 pull-ups.

There is a standardized pullup: you hang and pull yourself up without swinging and doing dumb shit. Also when you hang don't just drop your body, you have to pull your shoulders down. Then you begin the exercise with your legs stiff or crossed, whatever helps you to go up and down straight.

Do 3 sets of negatives (i.e. jump up to the top and slowly lower yourself down) a day, every day. In the beginning you will be sore and your negatives will be comically short, but if you can push through you should be able to do one in a matter of weeks.

After you can do one, do sets of ONE pullup throughout the day until you get to 10-20+ total, per day. At that point you should be able to do a set of three or more easily. Once you can do sets of 12 from a dead hang, add weight as needed.

Attached: whatsurexcuse.jpg (720x720, 204K)

I'm a bit afraid of pushing it with negs because the first time I did them I fucking fucked my arms.

why? start doing them weighted user, it's great.

How so? Did you injure yourself, or were you just really sore?

Well in my case I was too weak and the sudden jump and drop would pull my shoulder and elbow too much. Now I do negatives with a step ladder

Easiest shit ever
>be fat
>can't do one
>abandon attempts completely
>lose 30lbs
>can do 5 reps

I do weighted sometimes, but I still can barely do 5x10 unweighted, so there isn't much need to do a whole lot of weighted. Also, with the 20 reps, I am referring to a single set max.

if you're too weak even for negs you can try dead hangs or fully leg assisted reps

I did Scooby's "walk the plank" method and I wasn't ready for it. Was coming down with force slamming my arms "open." Could not straighten my arms for days after.

Yeah but then you intentionally weight yourself, can't win!

Do chin ups. They are easier and the progress carries to pull ups (but no viceversa). Also, just lose weight. Even 10lbs matters a lot when hanging from a bar

Started this routine last week.
twentypullups.com/the-training-program/
Couldnt even do 1 pull up. End of week did 2 pullups on my last set.

Any other chads here can do 1 armed pullup?

who here 17RM

>tfw finally got to 3 sets of 3 pullups
i'm working on it, ok?

Great, keep going!
How much did you do when you started?

It's probably bursitis not tendinitis

I can do 25 in one set so not me

>dropped from 205 to 196
>Can barely do 1 pull up

It`s progress right?

Just little gain in pull ups greater than 10. Add weight.

It looks far cooler doing them with 40kgs hanging off you than just doing more of the same.

I feel you user, I gained a lot of fat recently and I lost all of my progress. I now weigh 195 and I can barely move on the bar. We got this!

Good job, user.

>started lifting a month ago
>literal skellymode so i only had to pullup 125 lbs when i started
>up 6 pounds, up from 1x3 to 3x5
I know I'll hit a wall eventually but it feels good to gain weight but gain progress in pullups in unison

>Also when you hang don't just drop your body, you have to pull your shoulders down
Is this really important? I always hear dead hang so I just hang from the bar, but I can't get a single chin up or pull up like that; meanwhile, I can do like 1 pull or 5 chins when shrugging my shoulders, but I didn't do it much because I thought it was cheating

How long did it take for you to reach it?

I'm no expert, I can't even do one of the cunts, but the way I've heard it is the dead hang part is "shoulders up" and you're looking to pack your shoulders back and down in the movement.

got my first wide-grip pull up in this week, albeit from standing.

Been losing weight by running/diet (mostly diet) for 18 weeks,
lifting alongside that for another 9 of those 18 weeks with only light freeweights (100lbs on my bar maximum),
really slow overhead presses helped me.

This guy is right. It is slow cause its new, but keep at it!

working my way to a one hand pullup

in a row or total lmao

Started in early July not able to do a single one (and only 1-2 chin ups). Last night, I did three sets of three, both pull ups and chin ups, staring from dead hang, no kipping, no cheating.

But I still feel weak.

thought i could do at least one, so i ordered a pull up bar. i just tried now and i couldn't even do a single pull up. i could go pick up the bar, but what is the point if i can't even do a single one lol

The vast majority of people can't do overhand pull ups because they involve muscles in your upper back that don't get used much in every day life. Just work your way up to it by doing Australian pullups, reverse pull ups etc.

I’ve been not working out and bloatmaxxing for about 7 months. Went from lean 170 to fat 225 and I can still do 15 good wide grip pull-ups.

Same. I just started taking ibuprofen... been lifting still but haven't done any pullups

I do 3 sets of 5. Could probably do more but my left elbow always fucking hurts after

Do the firefighter program please. Welcome to master race, you're welcome

I have the same problem now
Apparently it's due to weak extensors or shit form
The best rehab is high rep low weight chinups or high rep low weight curls (blood flow to the tendons accelerates healing)

The more you do the easier they get. You might have under developed muscles you don't use otherwise that need strengthening. Everyone should get at least 10 unless you're 40%bf or something

I CAN'T DO A SINGLE PULLUP ITS FUCKING INFURIATING

I can do 3 proper pull ups and one meh. So 4 totally. For 3 sets. After this my body kinda just gives up and I can't even do one. I can however do 5-7 chin ups after all the pull ups and assisted wide grip pull ups.
It's been like this for 3 weeks now. Haven't progressed at all. Should I just keep at it. Or change something?

If you don't have a wife, at least 2 kids, a house, 2 cars and a job to support all of that, then you are a failure of a man.

I can do 25 at 165lb bodyweight. I usually do sets of 12 though.

will you be my twink wife?

All you 10+ pull up fags what are your stats on Bent over row and lat pulldown?

I do 3x10 pull ups, 205 bodyweight
I don't do bent over rows
Lat pulldowns are 3x10 at 170 lb

I can do 5x8. I've never tried weighted.

I can do 10 but only 6-7 of those would be with a really good form. Should I start weighted in sets of 5-6 reps already? Or just do a real fuckton of sets in good form range?

I don't know when the fuck to do these, u guys superset em with lat pulldowns?

I can do 8, cannot do 10 for the life of me. Weigh 164, bent over rows are 160 right now though I could very easily do 180. Pull downs are only like 150 3x5.

>first set 10 reps
>second set 8 reps
>third set 6 reps
>next sets - can barely get 5
Am I the only one like this? Should I rest more between sets? I could wonder around gym training my 10 lightyears stare for 5 minutes and nothing changes.

I'm a faggot and can only do 8 reps at most, how could i improve Jow Forums ?

facepulls