If I have a 20kg plate on either side of the bar, am I lifting 20kg or 40kg?

If I have a 20kg plate on either side of the bar, am I lifting 20kg or 40kg?

Attached: 1567937906823.jpg (600x600, 46K)

You should quit.

This is clearly to mentally taxing for you as a sport.

Around 30kg in my opinion

How many hands are you using? How many bars?
What Latitude/Longitude are you at?
Are they one mould, or adjustable?

Have maths

well the bar weighs about 20kg too

nice thread

Attached: 1404063247732.jpg (200x296, 22K)

>How many bars?
Why does that matter? should i count the weight of my arms since im raising them too?

If I walk around with a 20kg plate every day, can I become an alien?

Well the bar is the leverage so it helps you to lift the weight and actually makes it a lot easier. Next time try bench your standard number of plates and you'll realise how hard is it. So it's more like 40kg (weight on the barbell - 20kg of the bar

I think he wants to know what fitizens count in when referring to the weight of their lifts

Do your arms finish the movement on a higher plane than when they started?
Yes, you're lifting them.

Your latitude doesn't matter, you fucking retard. You need to consider altitude. Jesus fucking christ, this board is so fucking dumb.

It depends on your rotational torque which is a function of your height above sea level. That's why for better gains elite olympic athletes train at high altitudes. Global warming throws a kink in all this due to the rising sea levels that mysteriously don't affect China due to CRISPR. The west is losing the olympic race and we only have SJW tranny nigger faggots to blame

You're lifting 60kg since the bar weight something too

wrong. You don't include the bar. Just like the olympics

>Does the bar weight something?
yes

>Do you lifht the bar?
yes

>So you lifht the weight of the bar, therefore you should include that wieght to you lift right?
nO bEcAuse tHeY dOn'T IncLudE iT In ThE OlymPics

That's how retarded you sound.

You include the bar which weighs the same as a plate, so that would be 3pl8. OHPing the bar is an accomplishment here.

No

If you OHP 1pl on each side you OHP 135 lbs. it's that simple. If you barbell curl with the bar only you curl 0 lbs? that your logic?

>D) Not enough info
Your math problem sucks. You didnt factor in the weight of the bar, your own weight, and the weight of your feels.

You're lifting lmao 1pl8.

>he can't even press the bar
As expected of Jow Forums.

wow, this brainlet cant even

Counting the bar is cheating.

absolutely hilarious post. Thumbs up!

For a long time I didn't count the bar.

Turns out it adds 20kg to your lifts.

>can’t use “too” properly
>warns others for taxing their minds heavily

>nice bait
1pl8 is 20+bar+20

Holy shit, so I'm actually benching 22.5 KGs !

But bars come in various different shapes and sizes. This question sounds so simple but when you dive in it, it actually becomes quite complex.

Bar only is not 0lbs, it is 0pl8 though.

Radical right?

You add up both sides and then divide by 2 bro. You average it out. That gives you the weight youre lifitng

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-28-21-55-10.png (720x1280, 531K)

Was referring to an oly bar, got a standard bar at home which is probably closer to 15 or less.

Just incase some poor fucker reads this thread and it's their first time on Jow Forums:

You should be lifting with a bar that weighs 20kg

1 plate/pl8 means that you have one 20kg EACH side of the bar for a total of 60kgs

You might see that a lot of people's goals or frame of reference is something called 1/2/3/4 this means:

Overhead Press 1 pl8 = 60kgs
Bench Press 2 pl8 = 100kgs
Squat 3 pl8 = 140kgs
Deadlift 4 pl8 = 180kgs

Convert it to lbs and it it makes more sense because it's 100+, 200+, 300+, 400+ , not a burger so can't be bothered.

Always include the bar, and remember it's not 2 plate because there's two plates, it means two on each side. How the fuck else could you do a three plate?

yeah but the plates get lighter when they drill the hole in them

fuck you nigger

You are lifting 60 kg or 1 pl8

When one lifts 40kg they also lift 20kg.

You're lifting a 5kg school bag on your way to the bus and it's your first day in 2nd grade

>and the weight of your feels
Fuck, no wonder I've been stuck on 2pl8 for so long now

Are you lifting on land or underwater?

I haven't gone to the gym yet, but I've been doing dumbbell chest presses that are 15kg each, so 30kg. A 20kg bench press sounds too easy, but 60kg sounds like it would crush me under the weight.

what do I do?

They do include it in the olympics tho...As pic shows, one plate is 25kg+20kg bar+come change.

Attached: oly.jpg (600x401, 26K)

my guy, it's not like 20 kg plates are the only plates there are
there's also like 10 kg, 5 kg, 2.5 kg, etc.