Why do 95% of regular people who hit the gym look like absolute shit...

why do 95% of regular people who hit the gym look like absolute shit? All my buddies/co-workers/family members who go to the gym 3+ times a week look at best slightly above average fitness, no real muscle etc

Is it all because of the misimformation/broscience/ssupp companies? Or the fact that no one treats exercise like a science and are perfectly happy to source their information from clickbaity buzzfeed articles

I dont get it

Attached: previewfile_868450201.jpg (576x576, 86K)

Shit diet and they are pro'ally not as consistent as they claim.

because you are comparing natty amateur lifters with professional bodybuilders who use steroids and their photos are always staged with makeups, perfect lighting and photoshop.

This is a cope post

Going to the gym 3 times a week isn't enough. It takes lots of efforts to actually look like you lift

No Im going more off the fact that they look very slightly different from people who just don't lift at all, Im considered "big" and I lazily do a brosplit on and off

It has to be the misinformation, even the people here on a fitness dedicated board have no idea what theyre doing for the most part, and very few actually look at this thing like its a science

>bad diet
>stress
>sleep
>alcohol
>aren't on a good program
>don't track their lifts
>don't progress as often as they should

Of those factors, I'd guess diet and lack of progression (not adding weight to the bar, additional reps etc.)/shit routines are the two biggest culprits (assuming that they really are being consistent).

haha le funneh homosexual jungle man

If they looked good they wouldn't feel a need for self-improvement

inconsistency, whether it's diet, routine, or both

there have literally been people coming to my gym for 3+ years that look exactly the same now as they did when they first began

I’m constantly amazed by the amount of people I see in the gym who are constantly in there busting their ass who look and perform shit. Crazy how many “gym rats” are just spinning their wheels. Why do they even bother?

Bad programming. If you're not progressively overloading you're not going to go anywhere.

I put it down to
1) not enough protein
2) shit routines (or no routines)

Seriously have you ever looked around you at the people in the gym, most of them are just doing memes

Autism.

Most people hate routines. Idk anyone I've met at a gym who actually follows a program.

>misinformation
Yeah. Low weight for high reps to get toned is still highly popular. I've got friends who swear by it.

some people train for performance in a sport or personal health, not just looks

Mostly it's genetics. I've been lifting for 7 months and I look like have never been in the gym in my life. I track my calories and I follow decent routines (I did SS for 2 months then all my lifts stalled). When I try to bulk on small caloric surplus I only gain fat on my face and around my belly. Life is sad for my some people you know.

Almost 80% of the regulars at my gym are beer belly 45+ year olds so I see it first hand. None of them do any real routines they just go to the gym and hop on whatever machine they want for the day, then they hit the curls, and finally the elliptical before leaving. Everything is done with really bad form too like they swing their entire body while they do curls or pulldowns. Plus they probably eat really bad too and have beer every night.

Natty pill means all that work is merely to prevent regression. It's not so bad though... Much better than being sedentary and dying faster.

You’re way underestimating the potential of nattys. I’m not saying they should look like pro bodybuilders but they should at the very look like they lift. Especially before they make working out their entire identity.

They are probably full of shit, I only recently renewed my gym membership for the first time since april and before renewing again I hit the gym like once a month when they had try one week free weeks or I paid for one session, other than that I did calisthenics and people still call me big

Not eating enough/eating like shit/having no idea what they're doing. Everything already said basically

shit routine, shit diet.

I'm strong but don't look what you guys would call 'aesthetic' because I program for strength, not aesthetics. Also genetics.

I go to a commercail gym and out of hundreds of people there most of the REGULARS(which is like 15) i see all look "okay" at the very least. And most of these dudes are your typical bros who only MAYBE do squats for legs, don't DL/ohp and just do curls for half an hour. So their routine isn't perfect by any means, but they still go at least 3 times a week, they're consistent and that's the major key.

So many people are completely clueless about nutrition and just eat fastfood/frozen foods or easy carbs. Don't follow even simplest routines and just go to the gym and pick whatever machine they like today.

I feel like most of the newbies and people who don't know what they do are ego lifters as well and do their reps with wrong weight and absolutely terrible form, barely even targeting the muscle they should. There's this boomer i often see who has a huge gut and ONLY does pullups(in a gym...just go to a park lmao, it's free). He's like an example of all the things you shouldn't do - half reps, swings around with his whole body, no pauses, etc. He should be losing weight and doing negatives/assisted ones, but he struggles like a fat retard every time, does like 4 "reps" and walks away like he owns the world. Never seen him progress

>poor diet
>poor routine
>poor consistency
>new to lifting

I agree man. At my work place theres like 10 people who “lift” and honestly non of them look like it. I’m a little fluffy so I’m not crazy lean(20ish percent bf) but I clearly look like I lift and people comment about it etc. my diet isn’t amazing but I eat 200g of protein a day, 8 hours of sleep a night and have a solid routine (ppl)
I think people just don’t train hard and eat terribly

Consistency is the most important part. People lie about going to the gym and that's why they look like shit. If you go to the gym for like 2-3 years consistently you'll make good progress even if your routine and diet is sub-optimal. There's a big difference between eating shit like chips and McD every day and just eating normally, like a soup and a sallad. You might not get all the protein required, but just for health it's much better.

People's definition of "going to the gym" or "dieting" usually break down to "in the past month i did that once"

Terrible consistency. Literally every shitter goes to the gym 2 weeks and then skip it a month.

It's the diet.

Because most people have horrible genetics for bodybuilding and will never leave ottermode
Not me tho I have good genes

It's not enough protein. I know dudes who lift like 5x a week, and they aren't betting that big because of low protein

Cope
Genetics > all

It's diet and most people having no clue as to what to actually do at the gym.

Eating McDonalds and then going to the gym to go do 10 sets of bicep curls at a low weight, like 50 ab crunches, and then 30 minutes on a cardio bike isn't going to do much for you in terms of actual progressive results.

It’s more likely retarded programming

I spend 6 months dedicated to getting buff and all I got was fat. I've been skinny all my life do to bad genetics and now I just lost all motivation for keeping up the lifts. I know people who only go to the gym 2-3 times a week and are shredded af. Meanwhile guys like me who go practically every day get zero gains do to genetics. I just don't wan't to do double the effort for half of the result.. It makes it impossible to love fitness

It's mostly routine I think. Diet probably less important for beginners than you guys think. Normies will go to the gym and either do random shit with no plan and no progression, or they'll do 8 hour arm day they saw on buzzfeed while natty.

they dont do compounds, the focus biceps

Most people aren’t doing this. They are following some meme routine just like the sticky here tells you too. Where does Jow Forums get off thinking they know about fitness when most are dyels.

Because like most things people do no research first, they may have a goal in mind, but they think just by going to the gym they will gain muscle or lose fat, that's only one part of the puzzle

>why aren't all people who come into the gym 3 times a week to hop on the treadmill for 20 minutes ripped?

Most people who "work out" have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Just look at Jow Forums. This is a board where (you would think) most people have an above average knowledge or at least interest in fitness, and half the people here have no idea what they're doing either.

Very few people bother to drop below 15% BF, if you aren't defined then you look like a dyel

To be fair, a big reason for that is that industry THRIVES on misleading people and constantly contradicting itself. It's like that "never eat sugar it's bad, also sugar is an essential energy source and great for you" diet post, except with exercises.

There's this dude who goes to my gym at the same time as me who i'm 99% sure watches Athlean-X religiously. Always does stretches for half an hour, facepulls, then does stuff like weird calf and triceps exercises, hip thrusts and leaves. Never seen him near a bench or a power rack. Visually, his progress has been shit. And here's a thing - it's really easy to get lost as a beginner. If you're not sure about your form and there's a 15-minute long Jeff video where he tells you that your hands are gonna fall off if you put them in a slightly different position during OHP you might get scared and not do it at all, instead doing one of his "alternatives" which isn't nearly as effective as regular compounds.

He has to be a pretty shitty believer then, because Jeff, like anyone else with a clue, tells people constantly that the big lifts are non negotiable.

this

How many of them are actually doing some sort of resistance training, and how many of them are going to just sit on a fucking exercise bike for 20 minutes?

I fucking hate this.

Sound unironically comfy.

most people barely put any effort or thought into their gym routines. They just do whatever they feel like and leave. Add a subpar diet to this, and of course they’ll never make significant progress.

depends completely on your routine, full body 3x week can be more than enough

Jeff says a lot of things. For people with no knowledge, their attention bias will gravitate towards his demonstrations, not his asides. So while maybe he does say that, he's almost always showing that 'one weird trick' to achieving some random thing.

low t + stress + little sleep time .

also u comparing amatures to roided fags

Well, yeah. If you aren't buying his programs that come with the basic instruction videos, you shouldn't use his channel as your exclusive source of advice. The entire premise of his channel is to be a That One Weird Trick channel ot get people to buy his programs (that do come with a lot of instruction vids, I've been told). If you want basic instructions, there's half a billion channels that do that already.

Attached: 1566511998446[1].jpg (1080x792, 101K)

You stalled after 2 months as a beginner? You must be exceptionally fuckin weak. Linear progression gets just about anyone to 1/2/3/4 with maybe 2 deload weeks

You can build a program from his nearly endless videos if you know what you're doing. Yes he is selling his program and whatnot but for all the ragging on Jeff people like to do, the guy is giving great free info every week

check your diet fatty

95% of people are not dedicated to the gym.

im 28 and have been going to the gym for 10 years straight now. I guarantee 95% of people ITT havent been training that long. consistancy is key and most people are inconsistent

yes it is. and upper/lower routine 3 days a week will do just as good as a bro split.

LOL @ everyone who thinks weight training is the biggest factor to looking good

dedication means shit when u have women lvl tests ,there are plenty of articles on how many males suffer from this,whole fucking onions meme appeared because of this .

they treat it like a prescription. "i'm going to do strength training for x minutes a day today" proceed to quarter goblet squat and machine curl

Most fucking gym goers definitely are not following routines that are any good. Literally just ask the typical gymcel what their splits are and they'll give you a deer in the headlights look.

Same. I'm convinced it's because people don't eat enough. My past bulk I went from a 150kg to a 220kg deadlift in three months. I've seen other dudes go to the gym in the same period and just lift the same amount of weight over and over again.

Just use TRT then. It's literally legal for olympic athletes to use TRT, so why can't normal people?

hop on TRT you fucking retard
>I dont have insurance
get a fucking full time job faggot or on Obamacare. there's literally no excuse

He probably didn't eat enough and got shit sleep. That fucks up most people here as far as I can tell.

>occasionally see a tubby guy who is reasonably strong at the start of my gymming
>two years later my numbers are exploding harder than zimbabwe's inflation, he's still tubby and reasonably strong

If you look like shit it's because you have a shit diet

Simple as

Because they know they look like shit so they're there to improve

I don’t know why user, but I’m not complaining. Why not let them waste their time and make zero progress so that you can look better in comparison?

Because most normies don't do a brosplit. They waste forever doing shitty stretches, half-ass it on two machines, then barely pedal on a stationary bike for 15-30 minutes.

Have you actually seen your co-workers lift?

In my gym it's because they're too obsessed with cable flies instead of real exercises. Always with the fucking cable flies, I don't get it.

You dont even know how old he is plus hes 7 months in. Do you guys actually come here to be helpful or to just shit on other people because it makes you feel better about yourself.

You started at 18 when other people are out enjoying loves and have to start working. It's all about priorities. You have 10 years exp at 28 and probably look great. Just know theres a sacrifice you made for that. Life experiences, potential financial gain, etc.

You can still experience love and have a job if you go to the gym dude. It's literally like 2 hours of your day lol

Stop the memes I've been going for 7 months and these are my lifts
45/70/100/130
and I look like shit but I don't care. I took the permabloatpill and I know I'll look good when I cut in like a year. I need to be strong first then I can focus on looking good. I remember starting off and benching literally with 6kg dumbbells. I was subhuman and still am, yet people in the gym all just bench 60kg for 10 reps and call it a day. I eat like 200g of protein a day.
I know my lofts are shit for 7 months but I was literally just a stick.

you act like working out is an all day thing, it isn't, you also act like you must eat oats and rice and beef and nothing else for 365 days out of the year, as long as you don't go crazy about it you can have junk sometimes. It's really not the sacrifice people make it out to be

I 100% guarantee you sit on your ass playing on your phone or computer for AT MINIMUM an hour a day

this is some next level cope holy fuck

Despite all the info available for free everywhere most people are still completely clueless about fitness.

Also normies are really scared of lifting heavy and limit themselves to machines and accessories. 1/2/3/4 is the bare minimum for Jow Forums standards but normalfags feel intimidated by weight and 1pl8 bench is already impressive in their eyes, 2pl8 squat is never ever because muh injuries and shit.

>why do 95% of regular people who hit the gym look like absolute shit?
they're not taking steroids + have average genes

Yeah, people shit on bro split, but it's not like a typical bro that uses it is a dyel. Just because it's not optimal doesn't mean it doesn't work, as a beginner you'll get good results on bro split as well, just stay consistent with it. Any routine is still better than just going around aimlessly and picking machines at random

whats a good non meme program or are the meme programs good. bro split is best?

Also how to get 4000 cal a day while wagecucking?

lmao at all the people saying protein, unless youre a professional top level athlete you literally never need more than 120g a day, its amazing how deeply ingrained the supplement companies bullshit has made itself

supplement with a mass gainer powder

im coming off a rhomboid injury so i haven't lifted much in 6 months. best regimen?

pls be in kg

I feel like people here think you either eat chicken breast, rice, greens and oats every day or you shove pizzas and burgers with soda down your mouth. There's a middle ground, you know, majority of people are in it(outside US at least), i've been lifting for a year, but i still ate a lot of same stuff i do know, i just ate chicken breast/quark/greek yogurt less often and had like a cookie with my tea once a day.

It’s always consistencies. My two coworkers have been going for the past three months but they drop to one time a week or just skip a week and they have both made zero progress.

It is. Even though it is, it's still shit. I know I'm weak. You don't need to tell me ;_;

>who go to the gym 3+ times a week
Have you considered that maybe theyre lying, just like the fat chicks who say they only eat 500 calories a day and gain weight just from looking at food

It's why I like Conjugate. It's an autoregulated way to lift as heavy as possible on a given lift and then enjoy the rest of your gym time bodybuilding.

100% wrong

Just keep at it bro, you'll make it if you wanna

95% of people who go to my gym only use the stairmaster and treadmill
Then do some meme stretches and sit-ups

this is about as true as saying siet plays no role in muscle growth.

>bad diet - 10-15 smokes a day, 4 cups of coffee, chicken or burgers for lunch and dinner, one cup of yogurt, 1 protein shake with 2 scoops I make with melons, blueberries, strawberries, almond milk
>stress - not much
>sleep - check
>alcohol - 9-10 beers a week
>aren't on a good program - home gym
>don't track their lifts - Doesn't track
>don't progress as often as they should - progress as best as I can
Age 39
Excuses - zero
Do I look like I workout?

Attached: IMG_3180.jpg (4032x3024, 938K)

where is the heart attack delay machine?

He's internalizing the problem - that's literally the opposite of a cope lmao