/fat/ - Recipes edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For the caloric elites among us who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Attached: 3776422455555.png (251x201, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPklFFS85o
youtube.com/watch?v=yPVanF_koGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Forgot link

The people who rent our barns to put shove pigs in decided they were gonna start filling them early, tomorrow. Had to bust my ass yesterday and slat patch 2 barns in a row. Have to do another one today, I don't think we have enough slat patch. Gonna be a long day, I need to leave and just get there, once I start working it won't feel so bad.

I'm 5.8 lbs from no longer being overweight. Not being obese anymore was something, but I'm so close to not even being overweight anymore.

Attached: 1567885453429.png (1000x1000, 598K)

Confess.

Attached: confess.png (1229x1160, 58K)

Got back into doing the racecourse loop, did it as a bit of le /nightwalk/ when I felt I was treading water and then stopped when I felt like I was getting somewhere. I think it's about 7kms from my house and back, did it at a pretty brisk pace. Now that I'm settling into posting here and becoming more regimented toward weight loss I think I'll keep it up.

proud of you user, you're close to making it

Hey, well done, you're right there

1.95m 125kg M

I was 135kg when i started eating only once a day, balanced meals if not slightly caloric, around 1000-1200 calories. got good progress especially on high effort days, i usually just sit at my pc all day though.

Up until i hit 123kg and then flatlined for a week I was eating 1000 calories and i wasn't losing weight. Any idea why? even at BMR should still consume 2000 calories...

Currently on a hiatus for 2 weeks back up to 125kg eating 3 times a day.

Water retention maybe? Did you eat a lot of salty shit?

Looking for a volunteer for four months, I need to suck benis, I figure if I have benis in my mouth for most of the day I won't have time to eat in excess.

yuup, i like everything to be salty.

water weight, one week is not a long time, be patient

If you reach a plateau just eat more calories one day and then go back to your diet.

> Started here 350+ pounds
> Calculate Calorie limit using TDEE minus 700 (recalculate weekly)
> Was not having issues with 2400, 2300, Etc
> Now down to 2000
> Now there’s less room to work with
I know many anons here do 1500, 1200, lower, but I chose this way so I’d never have to worry about binging
It’s worked so far, but might have to start skipping breakfasts
> inb4 Breakfast?!? NGMI

>been eating clean and staying at a 1000 calorie deficit for 2 weeks now
>Never hungry, diet is high in protein so I'm full most of the time
>Every night i have dreams where I eat a lot of unhealthy food and i feel like shit until i wake up in the morning and realize it was a dream
Why do I do that?

Making solid gains
plateaued at 195
idk how to fix

First boxing class starts tommorow what can i expect anons

An actual boxing class or a boxing circuit?

acutal boxing class why whats the difference

IF and EC is an easy way for me to control my calories
currently 18:6, seldom go over my goal of 1500
>hormones from sleep compounded with appetite supression

Guys I am a little overweight and Iwished to go on a diet, I started the diet yesterday, my diet consisted in eating a little less than normal and drinking a little more, well from jesterday to today I've lost half a kilo (a little more than one pound) is this normal? I didn't expected to lose half a kilo in a day just by eating a little less

Attached: 1568099330447.jpg (540x653, 97K)

re-calculate tdee first

How much kg do you weigh, and did you eat a lot of salt? That could be water weight you lost.

You're cleaning the bad thoughts user, don't worry about it.

anyone tried shiratake noodles? Any good or disgusting shite?

When I started yesterday I weighted 78,4kg( 172,84 pounds) for, 1,72 m (5,6feet) of height, today I'm 77,9(171,74 pounds). Sorry in not comfortable whit the imperial sistem so I needed some times to convert the measurements

>Started doing the ephedrine/caffeine stack (I take 24g ephedrine/200g caffeine 2-3 times a day)
So fucking easy to not want to eat when doing this. Still have enough energy to function properly.

>Used to hate cardio now started using stationary bike at gym while playing Hearthstone or phoneposting on Jow Forums while listening to a podcast
Used to get extremely bored in 10 minutes. Now 30-40+ minutes goes by quickly.

>If i'm too lazy to go to the gym i just do home ab and full body workouts with 20lb dumbbells following along to Scott Hermann
Core workout
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYPklFFS85o
full body
youtube.com/watch?v=yPVanF_koGc

It's working bros. Hit 85kg this morning.

Attached: fRV1AZ.jpg (500x663, 179K)

No, I don't consume salt, I use pepperlings instead of salt

Nice. I only do about 3k a day.

Boxing circuit is just a group of people doing boxing as cardio without really paying much attention to form beyond what's needed to not break your hands. A proper boxing class they should show you how to properly move around and take a punch.
Basically if you're doing a boxing circuit, they'll run you until you can't hold your arms up anymore, and if you look like a tough guy, they'll pay special attention to you and make you do pushups between rounds instead of resting and stuff. You'll mostly be doing rounds of shadow boxing, punching bags with another guy on the other side punching back, or doing mitt work, taking turns holding the mitts. If it's a proper class, you'll start with that stuff, and then move on to footwork and sparring with the teacher paying closer attention to those sparring. Unless it's just a solo class of course, in which case the instructor will just make you combo a bag and sidestep imaginary punches until the time's up.

I have to reiterate bros, do this shit. It will work for you as well. Im so happy im finally making progress

Ok user you probably lost water weight, it's not actual fat but it's excess water that your body holds onto because you either don't drink enough water or you eat too much salt. You said you drank more so that's probably why. Keep it up!

I binged on dominos yesterday and I’ve gained back all the weight I had lost I’m NGMI dude

Attached: DE9C31C7-C736-4334-B6E5-5A2D339F3959.gif (267x200, 20K)

I have to train today at the pool but I didnt bring lunch and I need to eat something cheap, what should I do? Is a banana and a yogurt enough?

>drugs
ngmi

Why user? I'm beginning to make it, it really works and it's destroying my food addiction / unhealthy relationship to food. It's like how people take medication to become and act normal then get used to being normal and can replicate it without medication.

yeah,add some oats or nuts in the yoghurt and you're golden

Where are you going for boxing?

I'm impulse buying more garbage than I used to
still making phenomenal progress but getting so sloppy is hurting my confidence

Attached: IMG_20190910_100539.jpg (991x676, 279K)

>midway to the goal weight
>simultaneously feel too fat, and too small
>even tho i've bulked up and got some solid lifts
What do? Cut 20 lbs more, or continue recomping with small weight loss. Started this about a year ago. Still a bit above 20% body fat

Keep cutting in my opinion. I've fallen into this meme far too much and i unironically cucked myself out of losing weight.

I made a new gym friend who is extremely shredded and I asked him for advice and he told me that you'll feel weak and small but that's just your brain cucking you into ruining your progress. I believe him and I won't stop cutting until I have visible abs.

And that's been my situation recently, I'm looking at myself and think "damn im dyel and not even lean worst of both worlds" but I'm consciously realizing it's a cope so I'm looking at my past pictures and seeing how much better i look than when fatter.

Thank you bros

so bored of chicken and broccoli lads

for something completely different try pork and spinach

Try this

Attached: hb7vqhh.jpg (625x5000, 504K)

I'm just one bro but yeah I've decided to finally commit to something in my life. I looked at my self in the mirror and made a sober analysis and made a goal and wrote it down. I am now fully committed to it, i think you were in a similar position as me ("yo-yoing" back and forth for a long time always being either kinda fat or really fat)

pork sounds good but what are the calories like? i can't even remember the last time i ate it

looks fucking awesome

pork loin is around 120 cal/21g protein per 100g.

Some cuts are lean as fuck.

will it rip my asshole apart ?

More like having 2 big yoyos between being skinnyfat and fat. Had a smaller one too, but that was easier to fix. It's always when life gets stressful. And the first half of last year was a long kick in the balls.
This time i used that to my advantage, focused on lifting, got some nice muscle in the process, learned so much. Most importantly for the long haul, i've changed my relationship with food.
Gonna do 3 months cut, one month maintenance, until abs.
Pork tenderloins are great, and as for the cilli, from my own experience making it, might take a lot more to stir periodically. I got more recipes i found on an imgur album here. Tried out this one too.

Attached: ua5Inp4.png (845x1040, 584K)

Depends on how much pepper you put in there. I tried to make it not too spicy, and my friend that hates spicy food liked it. Another friend said, it hurt his ass, but only a little bit. I might make it spicier next time, because i like a bit of spice, but when making it i kept in mind all the people i wanted to invite over to try it.
For this pic, sardines worked better for me than tuna (i made a 50/50 batch)

Attached: Wceq8ni.jpg (1092x612, 231K)

fucking love fisherman's eggs,smoked kippers are also great instead of sardines

Attached: ace.gif (250x192, 281K)

I hate this style of cooking
>just throw everything in a big pot then go at it with a spoon
no grace

I mean, it's Jow Forums not /ck/, somewhat simple things for beginners. You didn't bench your current 1rm in your first few months of lifting.

Attached: kvqKTUs.jpg (600x4047, 663K)

it's just cullnarily boring, the last bite is the same as the first
with a decent meal there's some variety, pick your meat, your grains, your veg and savour each flavour
imo of course

Anyone here essentially eat the same thing everyday?

it's happening
had to get beef mince instead of turkey though

Beef is alright, but turkey is leaner so you can eat more, and that's sorta the point.

yeah unfortunately turkey is really rare to see in my country

I joined a gym last night. I forgot how great the burn feels. Did two and a half miles on an elliptical and a bunch of lifting for about an hour and a half. Gonna do it all again and maybe try intermittent fasting.

>start exercising so I can feel better about myself
>Go for a run
>Can only think about how stupid I look, how much I hate myself, how it's not worth improving myself
I-it gets better, right guys?

Attached: B938DA2FEAAE421C8FC73385D7E16B34.jpg (720x960, 68K)

Yeah. The more you run, the less you jiggle, which means the less you look like a fat boy running. Keep it up!
PS- no one cares about how you look.

Yes bro it gets so much better. I used to be 290lbs and am now 200 and muscular and people treat me so differently. Try live with your parents or a friend for the next 2/3 months and concentrate solely on eating very little and walking for 3/4 hours a day. Don't run, it will exhaust you and make you want to eat. Just walk, and eat very little whilst drinking plenty of water and getting lots of sleep. It will fall off in no time. Love you husky bro x

>ate sugar for the first time in weeks
>Heart is racing
>Feel like I'm going to have a heart attack
Ok it's not actually that bad but damn I can't believe I used to do this every single day

relativism
I was gonna say tolerance but people might think I'm the carb=drug autist

Run at night and at least then people can't recognize you
Inversely do what I used to do and buy the most obnoxious clothes possible for when you go out running.
If you are going to look like a jackass may as well go the whole way.
There's a perverse pleasure in having people look at you funny

my autism is useful for once

Attached: output.webm (359x231, 233K)

>There's a perverse pleasure in having people look at you funny

This is the solution to worrying about what others think of your looks.

Should I lift weights while I diet? I'm disgustingly obese (280) and looking to drop down to at least 215.

If yo gained all the weight back from one meal it must not have been very much, right?

yeah, lift 3x a week and also throw in cardio one hour 4-6x a week and the weight will melt of you

TELL ME IF I FUCKED UP
I have been on a keto diet for a week and a half that usually leaves with me with some shitty salad for lunch while I'm out because everything is off limits and no restaraunt is friendly
I'll Tl,Dr the rest and just say I went to a buffet and got one big plate of food
Said food was all baked or grilled chicken, pork, collard greens, green beans, roasted jalapeños, etc

Did I fuck up? I can't count my calories at a place like this so I'm kind of panicking now, I ate "right" but it was a big plate of food and after eating so little normally I feel like I'm going to vomit

ended up with 4 servings, 816 kcal each and 64g of protons the way i cooked it. if i did it again i'd definitely track down chicken or turkey mince, but it's pretty damn tasty. also i'm a terrible cook and didn't fuck it up so that's nice.

Attached: _20190910_211700.jpg (3411x2253, 1.29M)

Won a trip to California in a month's time, need to lose as much weight as possible

>I've been dieting for 2 weeks and junk food is utterly revolting to me now, can't believe I ever liked it
I dunno why but hearing this always pisses me off

Best recipe for fatties:
1 gallon water

Buddy, you'll be fine. Just do a little extra cardio to drop back into ketosis. How many carbs do you usually eat per day?

>collard greens, green beans, roasted jalapeños
should be fine, everything you mentioned is relatively low carb and although 20g carb limit ensures ketosis for 99% of people there's a lot of people that can maintain ketosis up to 60g.

5 months. 50lb. from 225lb to 175lb. Feels good, and it's strange that I never had to change what I eat really, just my habits. Could still eat fast food, could still have starbucks twice a week. Just had to make sure I only got one thing at fast food joints and didn't get something too sugary from Starbucks. Might go for another 15lb but might coast for a bit and see what happens.

Anybody else using my fitness pal?

Attached: EC0FDC1C-A8FA-4320-B936-6BF4BD9C379C.png (750x1334, 143K)

I don't know, I am forbidden from eating legumes, gluten, dairy, sugar, most fruit, so next to none for some crash course nonsense a friend got me on

I mean it worked I lost another 10 pounds last week but goddamn it's restrictive tl,Dr no idea how many carbs I eat, though I manage around 800 calories per day, I know that

Sure
Here's yesterday

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-155755.png (1320x2048, 232K)

Should I be worried im not reaching my calories goal? It seems like so much to eat and I wanna lose weight, I don’t feel hungry at the end of the day or anything.

Idk
Eat smart and if you think you've eaten a reasonable amount, call it done there. Don't keep stuffing your face until you reach your calorie goals

The exception to this is if you are lifting heavily and/or trying to reach a very specific desired weight/bfp where you need a specific caloric deficit per day to get the right physique
Other than that, just do what feels natural, see your calories goal as more of a limit and less of a requirement

That's just me though

Oh, and obviously if you go over your calorie limit for some reason, perform the requisite fasting, self-flagellation, and confess to father in this thread of your sins so that you may be absolved to be able to eat food the day after next

you lads getting your protons?

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-221425.png (1080x1920, 125K)

Skip Dinners.

The guy above is right
Skip dinners and double your caloric deficit

Jump Rope. Bag Work. Running. Bodyweight exercises. Pad work Depending upon your coach it could be MIIT, or HIIT. When my lard ass started It was purely cardio and bodyweight exercises, along with typical boxing drills.

You should do research into Keto and take your diet into your own hands my guy. I think its tough to not know why you're restricted and to not know what this diet is doing to your body. For instance, you'd know you arent fucked, or at least you'd have a grasp as to how fucked you are. It's alot of work but you get used to it once you start memorizing how much carbs and calories certain staple foods have. Ive done keto before with great results and I am in keto again

is it inconceivable that he has a better idea about what works for him than you do?

Went from a BMI of 32 to 23 in ~10 months. If I can give any of you starting guys advice it'd be to avoid putting yourself on the path that turned this cunt into a dicklet human table.

Attached: 1563521362342.jpg (960x1280, 357K)

Yes, but it worked for me, ergo it will probably work for him

How much more should I lose before I start bulking. 15-25lbs?
and ex obese chest extra stomach skin sucks ass

>Human table
>32
Bro I'm 40.57
Do you even obesity bro

you're twins? what do you actually know about him other than his species?

Thanks, it was a really long day, but I got through it.

Attached: 1568083953170.jpg (2590x3624, 597K)

>5'6 165 down from 260
>Chest and shoulders looking nice
>Gut and thighs a nightmarish hellscape of loose skin and fat that's only going to transform from fat to more loose skin

A special kind of hell, lads.