Sweet potatoe thread

So yeah, on paper they are great, but how the fuck do you cook them?
Takes hours to peel them, takes hours to cut them down
do you boil it or throw them in the oven?

post your favorite recipes

Attached: nksweetpotato.jpg (595x335, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/microwave-cooking-and-nutrition
healthline.com/nutrition/is-olive-oil-good-for-cooking#oxidative-damage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just throw them in the oven like you’d do with potatoes.

Do you honestly think Jow Forums is the best place to find that out?

Throw them into a microwave

Oven with salt and olive oil. 30min@180C

They cook nicely in the microwave oven as well.

How fast?

>microwave

Attached: leripman.jpg (141x154, 11K)

>Takes hours to peel

Attached: 83B1E2F1A7634C7FBFBE2BD3930C3A07.jpg (640x577, 66K)

the board is so based today

I make my breakfast every morning (includes oats, but I'll skip that in this thread)
I pre-prep my lunches at the beginning of the week (no carbs in that)
and I make a unique dinner every night, protein, sautee a vegetable... and then for my carb I take 1/2 of a sweet potato and microwave it for 5 mins.

the only way eating well could be easier is if I had a personal chef

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 7.34.33 AM.png (368x1194, 293K)

Regular potatoes are way better.

I cooked some last night, what the hell are you on nigger? just use an ordinary potato peeler, they're not expensive and you cant disembowel yourself with those. if cutting is hard, use a sharpened knife or a cleaver, they're not expensive either and taking care of them isnt hard. i like to cut them into thicc sticks and add them to stirfries or crockpot meals. the former would be marinading chicken breasts to your liking, frying them in a pan until done, then remove the meat from the pan and throw in your sweet potatoes and other veggies, onions, brokkoli whatever. sear them for a bit, the add a dash of water, tomatoes or soup if necessary and put a lid on top of your pan. reduce the heat and let them steam or braise until tender. re-add your chicken, stir it around to make sure the meat is hot and you're good.
if you have a crockpot, heres an easy recipe.
take a kilo of chicken breast, a kilo of sweet potatoes, some onions and green bellpepper and half a celery root. make a marinade for the chicken by cutting up five to six garlic cloves and an additional union and mixing it with oliveoil, pepper, salt, paprikapowder, cayennepepper, organo and thyme. put everything in a mixer and marinade your meat in the paste. peel and cut the celery into thin strips, add those to your crockpot. take the meat and put it on the celery. peel and cut up the remaining onions into wedges and the bellpepper too, put them into the jar you marinaded your meat in and shake that thing to get all the marinade onto your veggies. put the veggies on top of your chicken, close the lid on your crockpot and set four hours on high. after two hours, you peel and cut your sweet potatoes and put them into the crockpot, they're fine just lying on top and getting steamed. close the lid again and wait for it to finish. before eating, take a large spoon or something like that to get the sweet potatoes into your sauce.
cooking isn't hard user, it just takes a little practice.

Attached: 58790405_2197223176993522_5302994008260078874_n.jpg (640x640, 53K)

Steaming preserves most of the nutrients

I usually eat them with chicken nugger and French fried

Literally just wrap that little bitch in foil and throw it in oven on 450° for 1 hour. Done.

yeah this dude is based, just put a little olive oil so the skin does not burn, and throw in oven until they become soft, eat the skin for bonus points

Attached: batata3.jpg (450x300, 25K)

>1hour
holy shit lmao you cook this shit twice a month and the bill will be 1k

>peeling potatoes
wtf bro, you're missing out on some hardcore nutritional gainz

>kilo

How can you stomach them? They're disgustingly sweet. Then again I can't handle sweets in general.

This. Wash and steam.

I haven't read the thread but:
>chop them into chunks (skin on)
>put on oven tray
>insert into oven 200 degrees fan
>wait 25 mins
>remove
>consume

Apparently the skin has a lot of the vitamins so dont cut it off bro

I had 2 methods.
wash them, ideally you have a scrubber brush.
slice into 8-12 pieces each and boil, or slice into strips and bake.

Sweet potatoes are one of the most anabolic root vegetables. I literally eat one every single day. Healthiest lowest glycemic index way to consume them is to rinse it off, stab it with a fork, microwave it for 6 minutes.

Pic related is the result of 1 sweet potatoe a day

Attached: Tricep.jpg (1908x4032, 3.71M)

>don't skin
>cut up
>put in Instant Pot
You DO have an Instant Pot, right user?
>add water or chicken broth
>close top
>hit "steam" button
>enjoy soft carby goodness that turns you a healthy Donaldine orange

Attached: 1567873393864.png (1480x1078, 1.73M)

>Cut them up in circles, leave skin on
>Baking tray
Add lots of olive oil
Put potatoes on the tray
Add Salt Peper Paprika powder
Put it in the oven, temperature should be around 180° degrees
When there soft pull them out

Done

>that desi girl

Attached: 1561842641147s.jpg (250x182, 5K)

>roiding for this

OP and other doubters heed my words. You are now one with potatohood. Just stab it full of holes with the husk on. 4 puntures down the potato length wise around the whole thing. 16 total. Bake on 400 for just over an hour about 70 minutes usually. Cut it open lengthwise again and mash the inside. top with honey, kerrygold butter and some cinnamon

>Takes hours to peel them, takes hours to cut them down
Maybe if you have down's syndrome

these fuckers tastes like heaven deep-fried

they turned you orange

Pressure cook the mufuggas do death. If you put them in the oven it will be an hour before you eat it

scrub well and wrap in wax paper so you avoid the endocrine distupting jew and microwave for 8-10 min and eat with a steak knife and a fork and salt and pepper and butter you absolute mong

I just cut them into smallish chunks and boil them, only takes 8-10 mins.

Microwave for 10-15 minutes based on size. Sprinkle cinnamon on them after you peel and mash. Gtg.

Toss it in water. Boil until soft. Done.
Don't throw them in the oven, because at that point you might as well be shoveling sugar.

Boil whole potato for 12 minutes then slice and season and onto the BBQ for 6 mins on each side fucking presto

You have to be 18+ to post on this board.

> he cooks sweet potato for 1 hour
Just prick them a couple of times with a fork and microwave them for 9 minutes.
Scoop them out with a spoon and voila

IDK if bait or complete retard poster

Slice em just like that and toss em in a pan. Goes good with steak.

>Don't throw them in the oven, because at that point you might as well be shoveling sugar.
I'm a boiling kind of guy but I am sorry I can't take this post seriously bro.
based and simple pilled
I enjoy eating them boiled with vinegar and salt

Nigga where the fuck do you live that your gas or electricity bill would break the bank for baking a motherfucking sweet potato now and then?

My oven is electric I bake sweet potatoes like that 3 times a week minimum not to mention everything else running off electricity in my house, and my bills never been over $70 a month since I've owned this house in 5 years.

Attached: 1445481374--awkward_moment_seal.jpg (1000x667, 107K)

Glycemic load and index explode when you bake them.

post body
Im sure yoiu haev the typical body of the autist who cares about this stuff

dice, boil. Don't even have to peel them.

Can you eat them everyday?

As I've been eating 200 grams of sweet potato everyday, but it seems to have a high level of vitamin A.

Sort of like 2,000% rda of vitamin A. Look up and see it possible to have vitamin A toxicty.

You first, tardo

Attached: tenor[1].gif (248x380, 1.5M)

carotene in sweet potatos needs to be converted first and conversion rates are weaker the more carotene you eat so even if you eat 10000% of vitamin A a day everyday you ain't getting any toxicity from it
it's mostly the synthetic retinol-like vitamin A in supplements that causes problems.

I always use sweet potatoes to make skillets. So I bake them first with a bit of olive oil and skin perforated. In a pan add oil, saute onion, garlic, bell pepper and other veggies of choice, and then add the sweet potato. Season with salt pepper oregano (I add cayenne though not for everyone). Super adaptive, you can add bite-sized chicken pieces, sausages or shrimp and any veggie that you can think. Fast and easy, one of my favorite stuff to eat.

>Chop up two sweet potatoes and two or three pears
>Sear four chicken thighs in a lightly-oiled pan until the skin stops sticking
>Take them out, drain most of the fat, throw in chopped shit, cook until they soften up some (Deglaze with white wine, scrape chicken fond off the bottom, add sage and optionally some chicken stock
>Put chicken back on after the wine reduces a bit and put it in the oven at 375 until the thighs are a safe temp
>Take out and squeeze a lemon over the top
Shit was fantastic

Attached: sweet_potat.jpg (1021x1920, 320K)

carign one iota about glycemic index. what year is this again

Peeled and chucked into the oven.
Usually cook them alongside squash & carrots

I doubt your gains are from them but skin is looking great bro

make incisions so that it doesn't explode, cover with a wet paper towel, nuke in the microwave for 8-9 minutes

literally nothing wrong with cooking potatoes in the microwave

based and carotene pilled

8 or so minutes in the microwave at 600 watts. Cut in half to cool it down faster. It basically peels itself.
Warning: hot.

Para mi, I got this frozen meal one time that had them in it, and I don't like them either, but it had a turkey gravy all over the sweet potatoes and it muted the flavor and made it pretty damn tasty in general.

all these people ITT "cooking" their food on a microwave
unnatural

Attached: 1526217839921.jpg (900x900, 331K)

buy a fucking pressure cooker, fill it about 2/5 or 1/2 of the way with water, close, when it starts making "tssss" count 10-15 minutes (larger potatoes = more time), turn of the heat, depressure, serve.

Waay too complicated, why not just nuke it?

You're delusional if you think that orange twink is roiding

>buying into the lies
health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/microwave-cooking-and-nutrition

microwaving is one of the best ways to preserve nutrients in cooked food

Attached: 272d3f1985fbb13fd8701390fa2c8723.jpg (640x628, 40K)

Why the fuck would you be taking a picture in a Target bathroom you disgusting bottom-feeding peasant

are you supposed to peel them? I just cut them up and cook them

I eat three a day.

>Boil a pot of water
>insert spuds
>wait about 30 minutes
>remove spuds and cut off ends, slice down middle and remove skin
>place spuds in a blender with almond milk and cinnamon
>blend until creamy af
ENJOY BITCHES

>post your favorite recipes

cut them in cubes and boil them, while you do this have some pan heat up with olive oil or coconut oil, fry some thick cut bacon there(cubed or in stripes), beat some eggs furiously
now, strain the water off the potatoes, throw them into the pan with the bacon, sautée a bit and transfer to a plate, on the same pan make some scrambled eggs.

can add onions and/or garlic when you begin frying the bacon but I literally do this everytime I cook so I'm trying to change things up

just had this with protein powder on munchies,pretty good

this except 9 minutes in the microwave

forgot to add, outside the obvious salt, use cinnamon and nutmeg

Sweet potato oven fries are delicious.

you literally just stab the potato with a fork and throw it into the microwave? wont it explode?

>olive oil during high temp cooking
Literal cooklet

Fucking EMBARRASSING

troll
healthline.com/nutrition/is-olive-oil-good-for-cooking#oxidative-damage

this guy knows what's up. I do this and eat sweet potatoes almost daily

>looks like sweet potato
holy shit you actually are what you eat

Attached: 1400982052188.jpg (600x814, 95K)

I just wrap them in tinfoil and put them in the oven.

Anything other than microwave is too time-consuming and the result is practically identical. Why bother with the ovens and crock pots?

I eat a sweet potato everyday, can't imagine wasting all this time every day, when you can just stick it into the microwave

microwave then blend with whatever you like

cut them into thin slices add black pepper & olive oil then put them onto a George Foreman for 20 minutes 10/10 would recommend

Sweet potatoes are the best.

I literally just prick them with a fork, place them on a pan, and pop them in the oven for 45mins. Then I mash them up and it's good for a week at least. Just reheat in the microwave.

Cinnamon and marshmallows make them even better but I just eat them plain. They're still great even plain, and super healthy.

>early 2000s mom blog memes

Attached: 20190901_172437.jpg (1185x1185, 540K)

My favorite...
Wash the sweet potato. Dice it up as is into cubes (I eat the skin with this method), toss in olive oil, season with salt&pepper and cinnamon. Bake at 400 degrees until it easily smooshes with a fork. That may be 30 minutes.... I can’t recall, Top with grass fed butter.

If you’re in a hurry, wash the potato, poke a few holes in it with a fork, microwave 7 minutes (more for a monster sized one). Don’t eat the skin with this method.

Instapot 50 bucks new at walmart
Used much less
Cook all sort of good stuff faster
make meal prep faster and cleaner

Fried sweet potatoes are so fucking good. But yeah they are hard as fuck to cut lol. I mean, someone in this thread suggested using a sharper knife but I feel like my knives are plenty sharp and it's still a pain in the ass.

I would suggest microwaving them. I haven't tried it yet but next time Iget them I'm gonna do that and maybe make them a semi-regular part of my diet.

If you really hate the skin just eat the inside out of it and toss it when you're done.