I'm getting my eyeball lasered in about an hour

I'm getting my eyeball lasered in about an hour.

I'm nervous, lads.

Attached: prk-procedure.jpg (1000x471, 119K)

dont do it

PRK is really outdated. Enjoy your 2 week recovery!

I was actually planning on getting this done soon.

How bad is your prescription? What procedure are you getting done?

>One risk reduction due to no flap
>Greater treatment area than lasik helping with night vision problems/glare
>TransPRK available, literally newest and best approach

Explain how.

It'll burn like hell for a day. You'll cry and not be able to do anything and the vikodin they give you will knock you out after.

Follow all the instructions they give you, and you'll not only be fine, but it'll be one of the most amazing thinks you'll be able to do yourself.

Fag, PRK is the procedure in which your eye really heals instead of leaving you with a fucking flap in your eye.

Especially Trans-epithelial PRK. Read up on it, you'll appreciate the approach so much better than traditional LASIK and PRK.

Unfortunately Americucks do not have it available to them. (Been done in Canada and Europe for ages though but FDA is taking their time)

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 4.16.02 am.png (1462x1226, 392K)

Had it done almost a decade ago. The procedure is completely painless, and over super quickly. I was all really easy, and you'll probably get a chill pill anyways.

Listen to follow every instruction to a T. I had to administer multiple eye drops 7 times daily building off over the 2 week healing period. It will get tedious, it will be uncomfortable, but do it.

The pain afterwards was never more than a minor annoyance for me, didn't ever need any painkillers.

can confirm, had transprk done february of last year, perfect vision now with zero side effects and am qualified for diving operations in my country's armed forces which wouldnt be the case if i did lasik due to the flap it creates (pressure differentials at depth will fuck your eye up if you did lasik)

I actually haven't done it yet but I'm planning to do it by the end of this year.

TransPRK seems truly based. Anything you have to mention? How did your recovery go?

recovery was horrible for me personally but i was an outlier in terms of recovery period, took about 6-8 months to recover fully and the pain during that period would fluctuate from near non existent to excruciating, but looking back it was well worth it considering how much safer (and better) of a result you get from transprk long term relative to other methods which carry significantly more and nastier potential side effects

with that said though the recovery was not fun at all and if you're in a position where you work with bright lights and environments with plenty of particulates in the air you might want to reconsider transprk for the moment becaues you have the potential to be like me in that the recovery takes absolutely ages

however a large reason for my longer recovery period was how bad my eyesight was prior to the surgery, so if you don't have god awful eyesight the recovery will be by default shorter as the laser doesn't have to work as much on your eye

Dang I've heard a lot of people say their recovery was just slightly longer than regular LASIK... What was your prescription? I'm -3.50 in both eyes + astigmatism. My work is mostly on the computer and I can work from home for recovery.

Dilated pupil size? Any night vision glare etc issues? Are you 20/20 now?

i should point out when i say the recovery took 6-8 months i mean that it took that long to have no discomfort whatsoever anymore, my eyesight was great and i could go outside and do everything like normal after 3ish weeks

yes im 20/20, don't have any problems like that currently however i did have minor night glare for the first 6 months, i had -4.00 and -4.75 nearsightedness

the computer was impossible for me for like 2 months, but i was an outlier so keep that in mind

Do you know your pupil size? Kinda worried about that part as your pupils dilate at night... and if they're larger than your treatment area you WILL get messed up vision at night.

Its great dont listen to the s o y boys.
Wife did it and went from blind to eagle in one day.

hmmm, idk about that, they never mentioned anything about that during the briefings i had before my surgery if memory serves me right, i dont have messed up vision at night if its some solace, i'd talk to the surgeon about this since it seems like a technical question where individual decisions should be made as im assuming pupil size varies

Oh no no no. He went for PRK! He doesn't even know about SMILE! SMILEchad here. No sides and 20/10 vision.

Attached: manlets.jpg (1095x730, 215K)

>SMILE
Does that incision in the eye ever heal, or does it stay there forever like in lasik?

Minimal research on SMILE though.

Did it last December. The procedure itself is harmless and fast. If you are nervous, they give a syrup/pill to calm you down. Your eyes will be dry for a day or two and sensitive to light, but that's it.

Feeling afterwards is amazing, totally worth it.

Attached: lasik-surgery.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Hope it turns out and well and you lose the glasses user
I'm too scared to do it, at -9.00 and -6.00 with cylindrical, I'm pretty fucked without glasses but surgery carries increased risk

Isn't this like the pussiest surgery one can do at this day and age?
I'm sure we're not far from DIY surgery shades or smt