had to tell someone

Attached: eddie.jpg (550x382, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYR_SVd_gxk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

very nice, congratulations :)

Gj broseph, that's some serious weight

Post body

Unironically I just want to see what reaching those kind of strength levels looks like

Here's the video. Just look like a normal guy brah

youtube.com/watch?v=BYR_SVd_gxk

and what is your BW :)

Mehdi?

that last rep
KING

That's really good technique, a couple of tips if you don't mind:
Try switching the straps for hook grip for better upperbody activation
Bar could be closer to the body and get that weight up 5-10kg

102kg

are you retarded

I'm hooking in the video. No straps.

user, pls.

Routine ?

1 set of 5 once every week or two.

Well done user, Im proud of you!

I bet that last rep felt like ass, but it moved up so damn quickly user

anybody feel really light-headed or dizzy doing dls, maybe I'm holding my breath weird

Mirin, absolute beast

Nice. What's your 1Rm?

don't know never tried.

But my goal is 700lbs

thats not impressive, people can lift double that

Geunine question - should you really drop it fast like that? I've only started doing conventional DL a week ago, did RDLs before that and i've been trying to do a slow, controlled movement down. I thought DL is a lower back movement first, isn't that part where most of the back involvement happens?

>should you really drop it fast like that?
Yes, especially for a 5RM max
Lower it if you like, but you won't hit numbers like OP

Can't speak for him, but a 5RM usually falls around 87-90% of 1RM, so my guess is around 277 to 287 kg

Either way is fine. I used to lift at a gym that didn't allow dropping and I had to lower it slowly.

Both ways make you strong. I don't know if there's a greater benefit of using heavier weights with dropping or doing the extra work when lowering. It's actually not that much harder to lower it slower. 230kgx5 lowering is easier than 250kgx5 dropping for me.

>Yeah bro you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to use hook grip
>You should also have the bar closer to your body, that way you should be able to deadlift more
>My deadlift? 140kg for one rep, why does it matter though?

Nice I hit a pr of 200 x 5 today.

>tfw 3pl8x3 for the first time
My back was a little flexed so I'm worried I might snap my shit up, may do a deload

Good job buddy.
I hit my 255lbs The Press™ goal two days ago but I haven't had the opportunity to humble brag about it yet.
I'm going to use your thread for it.

Attached: 255lbs The Press™ Goal Achieved.webm (1920x1080, 1.23M)

So how does one get to a 255 OHP?
Routines/rep ranges?

My journey was really unorthodox.
I spent the best part of a year almost exclusively training barbell bench to get it to a 4pl8 single.
Also I train every other day, which is probably the most effective thing I did.

After I did that I started training OHP again so I had a really good base to start.
Usually I never went over 5 reps for a set and it was the first exercise in my workout.
I never followed a routine, I sort of do what Eddie Hall does and pyramid my way up to a top set of five.
Though he usually calls it when he can't rep out five anymore, I like doing triples and doubles.

So you got there without a program by just fucking around (no offense)?
What kind of progression did you have?

>tfw 405lbs x 3 dl pr
>tried to pull 440
>couldn't lock out

Attached: 1498530431138.gif (440x300, 1001K)

solid lift bro, strong as fuck. been stalling around 210kg 1RM. Any idea how to progress further or programs I could run ?

Gotta love it when dyel noobs give advice to advanced lifters. This is why I only shitpost here these days.

Attached: 1557945485818.jpg (590x350, 31K)

Based lanciafag

That's odd. Maybe you were just having an off day on your single attempt? You should easily have hit that and could maybe have gotten 450/455

You mean a 500, right?
He said 405x3

lol, that's nothing. I can leg press 300kg

>So you got there without a program by just fucking around (no offense)?
Pretty much.
I followed programs for my benching so I took the parts I liked about those and applied them to OHP (Smolov jr. bench, Cube Predator bench).

>What kind of progression did you have?
My max was 220 when I started so I put on 35lbs in around 5 or 6 weeks or so?
The other thing I took influence from was Rick Del Hagen's training, the 'Bugenhungarian' style of training where you test your maxs often.

Thanks buddy.

Attached: 32441b8f806bb8b6c557cd30579ff3c9.png (2262x1600, 3.3M)

Fuark. Hook grip. I can hook grip 170 kgs max. And I climb 7a. Have you tested your finger strength in a climbing gym?

>beltless
>with fucking wl shoes with heel raised