Jow Forums Skincare

There's always talk about bodily gains and social gains but what about skin gains? I'm getting more and more bouts of cystic acne every time I go to the gym and work up a sweat. Every time it results in acne scars and pits and my body isn't recovering like it once was. Any tips? Does ingesting collagen supplements help?

Attached: imageService.jpg (350x350, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kiehls.ca/
youtube.com/user/YellowyCream/featured
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have back acne since teenhood. After tking one of those really strong medications a lot of time ago, all my shoulder/chest/face acne disappeared but not my back acne. I'm inclined to believe there are some times you can't just win against genetics. It's one of the prices for being high test.

Use a gentle cleanser after every workout dumbass then put on a light moisturizing lotion.

I use the Effaclar series. I don't have acne, but I still use the anti black pores, acne prone skin products and I've repeatedly been told that I'm glowing. I also use some Korean products

Here's my routine:

>Morning
>effaclar gentle face wash (anti black pore, acne prone skin, this goes for everything)
>skin food strawberry scrub
> effaclar toner
> missha time revolution essence
> effaclar moisturizer
> effaclar anti blemish balm with spf 30

Before bed:
>effaclar wash
> effaclar toner
> missha essence
> miesha tome revolution serum

If can put the effort and actually do this everyday you will thank me years from now

Attached: ED9oUfLXsAUNMx8.png (426x339, 189K)

Stop drinking soda, dairy products and anything containing high fructose corn syrup.
do it for two weeks and see for yourself.

Bros how do i get rid of after zit dark spots

I recently lost around 60 pounds, and i have minor loose skin.
Is there anything i can do to reduce this effect?

micro needling. Also the further loss of weight will tighten it up.

>scrubs
>good for your skin
>essence

Should just be
morning
gentle facewash
toner
serum
moisturizer
dedicated broadspectrum sunscreen

night
gentle wash
toner
serum
moisture.

different serums for night and day so you can use one with retinal at night

Reccs for brands for these? Mainly toner and serum

Attached: 1566753064266s.jpg (187x250, 6K)

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Vitamin C Serum

>Do that
>Still do drugs
kek

So two moisturizers, isn't that excessive and do you look shiny all time?

Shea butter before bed and/or depending on the humidity level.
The ordinary AHA+BHA formula once a week.
Healthy diet, coupled with home made chicken stock (with extra chicken feet for a collagen boost). Have the best skin of anybody I know.

Add a cod liver oil supplement. And put a clean towel over your pillow change every 2-3 days.

i use skincare on the magic pickle and he looks great

>people actually eating this bait

collagen is produced by the body, when you take it it doesn’t affect collagen production, nor does it end up in the same places as when your body produces it

Morning:
>wash face in shower with shower gel
>Shave with Barbasol Cream
>Ice cold face wash
>fin.

Evening:
>Warm wash with hand soap
>splash with cold water
>Cetaphil lotion
>fin.

I dont break out much but Ive got a lot of scarring, I should probably add some Benzoyl Peroxide to reduce this

I didn’t know anything about skincare but I know a cute Korean girl that is vain and obsessed with skincare, so she picked out pic-related for me.

Morning:
Wash: Caudalie Cleansing Water
Spray: Caudalie Grape Water
Serum: Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass
Moisturize: Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream
Anti-redness: Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Camo Drops
UV Protection: CosRx Shield Fit All Green 50+

Night same as above but no redness or UV protection.

Once or twice a week I use a VitC+Hyaluronic+RetinA serum.

Attached: FB7BE5FC-425E-467C-BAFA-185B9C192869.jpg (1604x2048, 463K)

Las weak on one of these threads a femanon told us about glycolic acid. I ordered some and did a face peal on Friday night.
I have never had a clearer forehead or smaller pores on my nose. Not a single bit of acne anywhere on my face as of tonight.
So if you're out there femanon. I just wanted to say; post tits.

Attached: 1568058892508.gif (250x158, 1.99M)

Every time I get out of the shower I comb back my hair and rub aloe vera gel on my face. Fruit of the Earth is a good brand for it. You want to avoid bands like banana boat or Australian gold, because they contain alcohol which dries out your skin.

I'm that user. I used thayers witch hazel with rose water for toner and instanaturals skin brightening serum in the morning and anti-aging serum at night.

I wash my face with a warm washcloth and always move upwards. I do this a few times a day and eat clean and haven't had any acne for a while now.

>All these tweens that think "no acne" automatically means "good skin"
Start taking better care of your faces, you fucking fools. When you hit 30 and you don't have a baby face anymore, you'll regret not doing more to stem the advance of time

Attached: muh-no-acne.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Kiehl's has some useful stuff.
kiehls.ca/
>hurr but it's so expensive!
Beauty isn't cheap hunnie, but here's what you can do
>go into a Kiehl's store, tell them that it's your first time
>they do all sorts of tests on you to determine your facial skin type
>learn about what kind of facial products they recommend and suit your needs
>get a bunch of samples
>leave and look for other, cheaper places to cop them
Their dark-spot correction and eye care are pretty one-of-a-kind though so I'd say they're def worth the price.

Attached: red_beryl_he's_right_you_know.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

>So if you're out there femanon. I just wanted to say; post tits.

Underrated post. Had me in hysterics.

But real talk, Fuck all your cleansers, clear skin is simple. Don’t eat heaps of carbs/dairy. Get regular sleep and excercise and for the love of god learn to fast. If you are reading this and have a face full of acne, I literally challenge you to fast for 48-72 hours and then your skin will look 10x better. From there it’s an elimination process of re-introducing food to figure out what flares you up and what doesn’t

I'm 29 with great skin. I forgot to mention I sauna 3x a week which probably does the most for my skin.

i'm not that femanon, but i'm happy a fellow femanon was able to help you out. helping my guy friends with their skin problems is one of my main joys in life.
make sure to wash your face after a workout so sweat doesn't linger on your face. acne comes from irritated skin so i recommend using a gentler cleanser like the krave beauty hemp cleanser(only available online) or cerave hydrating face cleanser after workouts and at night, followed by an exfoliating toner on a cotton pad every night (wishtrend mandelic acid toner), a clay mask twice a week and or leave a dot of it on acne spots overnight (innisfree volcanic pore mask), cosrx oil free moisturizer every morning, night, and any time you wash your face. if your cystic acne is really deep i recommend seeing a dermatologist to prescribe you something stronger. i had some under the skin acne issues a few years ago and using epiduo really helped me, but you have to make sure to moisturize and keep the skin barrier healthy

anyone has some resource where i could learn about skin care for men from more scientific, or at least well reasoned out perspective. Instead of individual opinions on what works and what doesn't.

Pills won’t do anything, cut out processed foods, eat less chicken and high omega 6 foods, eat more fish and high omega 3 foods
Only cut out milk if you’re lactose intolerant

men and women's skin isn't too different, some mens skin is a little thicker than womens. i wouldn't get too focused on gender, more skin type (acne prone, oily, dry, dehydrated, combo, etc). once you figure out your type, liah yoo has alot of science based advice youtube.com/user/YellowyCream/featured

thanks!

should i wash my face after the gym? I have skin type that's kinda oily. I heard that washing skin more than twice a day actually increases irritation - acne.

Its also a matter of skin healing vs dryness.
There is a reason men often develop these really rough skin tones from lack of maintenance, while women got uneven face tone from too much makeup.

I heard the same

wash twice a day gently, and time it for when you are the dirtiest.

foaming cleansers are very bad for your skins barrier, but if you get a gentle cleanser that is ph balanced, you can wash your skin after the gym and at night. some i recommend are the cosrx gel cleanser, krave beauty gel cleanser, or the cerave hydrating face cleanser. remember even if you're oily, to moisturize your skin! your skin is producing oil because it's too dehydrated and wants moisture

collagen has unusual amino acid profiles though, it's like 30% glycine
example from some food website: 200 calories of gelatin has 12 g glycine, 200 calories of chicken breast has 3 g glycine

I've never had a problem with my skin and never had acne. I started using CeraVe daily cleanser and after 2 days of morning+night washing my forehead began to peel. Does this mean I have dry skin or something? Do I need a different cleanser or no cleanser at all? I use Olay broad-spectrum face sunscreen moisturizer 2x a day as well which gives me no problems.

Is it possible to improve the elasticity and tension of your skin or is it just a one-way street that you can only halt?

what the fuck is the harm in dairy products?

there's none. for white people.

Collegen peptides in powdered form are worthless for skin the overwhelming majority of it goes straight to your joints which is not bad in of itself. You need a solution drink which can be isotonticly absorbed into the blood. Collegen peptides in the blood activate your fibroblasts by tricking them into thinking your collegen fibers are damaged and synthesizing new ones. Joint health supplements are fine but are no good for your skin.

Bpc 157 and retin a. Hgh if you're rolling in cash

Being a nigger but I reckon that’s harmful regardless of if you drink milk

You could drink soured milk or kefir instead, since the bacteria culture that makes it into its consistency is easier to digest.
Beyond that: Blessed be the pastures of our lord and savior, possibly some Indo European