QTDDTOT

last one is past limit... ask dumb quesions, get dumb answers...

Attached: qtddtot2.png (800x600, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/army-combat-fitness-test
1843magazine.com/features/death-of-the-calorie
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/general-programming/17875-wrestling-bear.html
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how good is pavel's "russian bear" program for building mass?

here's the routine
> deadlift or behind the back deadlift : today's work weight x 5 reps, 90% of 1st set x 5 reps; 80% of 1st set x 5 reps x as many sets as possible
> ohp or bench press : same as above
> lat pull down or curl : same as above

Attached: PTTP.jpg (192x263, 12K)

What are Battleropes good for?

Attached: Snu Snu Mayan Edition.webm (640x800, 2.99M)

What are the benefits of lifting past twenty reps doing compound movement?

Aren't they supposed to be a form of HIT? So in terms of muscle building:
Probably some back/shoulder, but generally speaking fuck all.
In terms of fat burning:
Good

Why do all retard dogs have that head structure? I have a beagle jack Russel terrier mix and he is unforgivably stupid with that shaped head. Maybe intelligence is genetic or something. Luv muh dog tho

I can't unsee the chimp maxillary prognathism

Do I need to start counting calories when I'm a few lbs away from my goal weight? Doing carnivore/keto and I'm either just slowly losing weight or I stopped. Goal weight is 140 or 145. I see abs forming a little so is it just a matter of working out more? I do moderate excersizes 5 days out of the week. 5'6 148 right now, female with a little fat pooch on stomach

I've been trying to add squatting to my daily routine before going to bed. 50 reps, 1 set. I really like the idea of having a nice round ass, even as a man. The problem is that I'm not feeling anything in my glutes, but my thigh muscles (in the back right underneath my ass) are on fire. What am I doing wrong, or is it supposed to be like that?

Has anyone successfully gotten rid of man boobs? Is surgery the only way? I would appreciate some anecdotal advice

Attached: 9B974874-17DB-4427-88D9-5A07E176C37C.jpg (640x426, 18K)

How's this for cutting?

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/army-combat-fitness-test

what bf% am I?

Attached: 0910.jpg (828x1154, 129K)

i just got blueballed for the first time in my life and it fucking sucks. i can't sit down and my balls look bruised and are stiff as fuck that it hurts just to flex my quad.
what should i do? is it dangerous? sex or masturbation aren't possible because of pain and i don't want to pay some old dude to diddle my balls

Attached: 1565391324227.png (256x443, 124K)

Been out of the gym for five months now. How do I get back into things? Should I go right back to my old program?

27ish

Are stomach vacuums a meme or are they actually useful? I take public transport a lot so I usually do them while waiting for the bus. Will they actually carry over to lifts in the gym?

How can I loose water weight quickly?

22-25

Thoughts on the Arnold Split?

Attached: arnold split.png (947x2100, 488K)

It's pretty good (obviously)
But it's way too much volume for a natty

I have a shitass old crusher. It long does fuck all for my crushing strength but I wonder if there are any exercises to effectively increase pinch strength.

Does this article read like C O P E?

1843magazine.com/features/death-of-the-calorie

Can anyone give me a sold Hypertrophy routine to run for my first cut?

I have a home gym and can do all barbell/dumbell lifts.

I'm guessing PPL just take off all the machine bullshit?

I have a small home/dorm gym, but can't deadlift. What can I do instead?

deep squats, glute ham raises, romanian deadlifts, good mornings and front levers will cover all of it I think. Maybe deadhangs too

>only real gym anywhere nearby is $200 a month and the size of a fucking 7-11
On the topic of fake gyms, how is planet fitness? That's cheaper and closer.

Is "muh cortisol" a meme? I was told not to do workouts past an hour, but I added 4 accessories to my routine that pushes me to 90 -100 minutes, and my lifts have gotten better.

Non-pro athletes train for well over an hour natty, but they're not constantly broken down, so I'm wondering if this is just another piece of broscience

Sweat in sauna and have less salt, lots of water

>$200

Bullshit

whats a good lower back exercise that isnt dl or good morning (or any other bb movement for that matter)

the center of my back at the bottom of the lats is still pretty sore, and last thursday i tried deadlifting for the first time. did I pull too much weight or something? or is this normal?

First of all I'm socially retarded., I'm also retarded in general but that's besides the case.
There's a cute girl at the gym who seems to always be near the squat rack doing those weird leg exercises women do when I'm squating, she one time helped me put away the discs after I was done and she was going to the squat rack next and I said thanks which for whatever reason made her blush and said "no, thank you" very softly (maybe she was already red from being at the gym), naturally I felt awkward as fuck and left to do bench press far away. A few days ago we were in the same situation and she grabbed one of the 20kg plates instead of the smaller ones from the bar and said "this is so heavy you must be really strong" and I naturally again just smiled and left. Today I was deadlifting and she had to be nearby and made some small talk.
This means literally nothing and I'm overthinking this whole thing, right? Once again I'm retarded so plsnobully.

Just started kickboxing. What's better overall long term for conditioning, swimming or running? I'm assuming swimming since it's far easier on the joints.

Recommend a routine to supplement martial arts/wrestling? Not tactical barbell please, I want to lift more than twice a week.

Swimming is a lot better than running. I would also do jump rope or ladder routines over running as well, because those will compliment your footwork.

>started exercising a month ago
>shit now smells stronger
Are these events both related?

Attached: fat coon.jpg (300x420, 77K)

HIIT drills are generally better for conditioning. If you can do it on grass or soft track, sprinting would be great and shouldn't accumulate as much joint damage over time. Heavy bag work for intervals is also great. Basically whatever isn't steady pace because you'll find yourself working more in bursts during sparring than steady punch drills and kicks

If you changed your diet then of course, high protein diet seems to make shit smell worse.

Thanks for the advice!

My gf is fat and I'm trying to get her to the gym, what's a good routine for her? I was thinking 3 times a week where she trains twice legs and once arms and back

Can someone rate this routine? My MA instructor gave this to me but it looks wack:
day 1:
>Squat - 3x4-6
>Front Squat - 3x6-10
>SS Leg Extensions 3x10-15/Sissy Squat 3x20-25
>Hack Squat 3xF
D2
>Bench 3xf
>Incline DB Press - 3x8-10
>DB Fly - 3x8-12, 1xf
>SS DB Bench Press 3x8-12/Push up 3xf
>Single Arm Incline press - 3xf
D3
>Dead lift - 4x10
>Pull up - 3x8-12 weighted, 1xf bodyweight
>Narrow Grip Rows - 3x8-12
>DB Bent Over Row - 3x10
>Inverted row - 3x15-20
D4
>EZ Curls - 3x10-15
>DB Concentration Curls - 3x10-15
>Bicep Curl - 3x10-15
>Cable curl - 3xf
>SS DB Tricep Extension - 3x10-15/Skull Crusher - 3x10-15
>Tricep Pushdown - 3x10-15
>Dips - 3xf
D5
>Russian DL - 3x10-15
>Walking Lunge - 3x6 (per leg)
>Glute raises - 3x12
>Hamstring Curls - 3x15
D6
>Seated Military press - 4x10
>Lateral Raises - 3x15
>Front raises - 3x15
>Machine press - 3x15
>Flies - 3x15

What counts as a fasted state? I haven't eaten since 10, its now 3:45, and I'm about to run. Will I still get cardio benefits, even if I feel hungry?

I'm heavy for my height (5'10 185) and sweat like a mofo when I do cardio, would it be inappropriate to take my shirt off while running at the gym?

not even joking the fastest way to fix it is bust a nut.

cutting is diet, not exercise.

...that's it? That's the whole routine? Looks like shit.

If you can do 20 reps of a compound exercise you aren't lifting even remotely heavy enough. Compounds should max out at 8-10 reps per set, and that's already pretty high up.

blame breeders, they have irreversably fucked up the genetics of dozens of breeds of dogs by inbreeding for a century.

you should be counting calories, yes.

DIET. EAT LESS. IT'S NOT FUCKING GYNO

your quads are the primary muscle utilized in a squat. If you want your glutes to be worked you need to do a different exercise.

to my knowledge they're really only for presentation.

very cope

Diff poster, but I live in LA and unfortunately a claim like that isn't bullshit. There are dozens of Personal Training gyms that are retardedly expensive.

cortisol is real but you shouldn't have to worry about it unless you're being totally reckless.

it's just DOMS, you're fine.

You basically need any food not digesting or being absorbed by your body. Typically this is about 8 hours after the last thing you ate.

Yes christ do not remove your shirt at the gym, that's disgusting

is squatz and oatz just a meeme

You get cardio benefits by doing cardio, fasted or not. The reason people say to do cardio fasted is because it's supposed to trigger more of a fat-burning response as the muscles try to get their sugars from quick sources, which will typically get refilled by breaking down fat tissue later on. That's a broad strokes explanation, but doing cardio fasted or not will benefit your ability to do cardio.

However a fasted state would be closer to 8+ hours of no eating (i.e. upon waking)

Don't take your shirt off, m8. Let the sweat do its job

i would rather do chest back legs shoulders+arms split. or arms on fifth day if you are ok with once a week frequency.

So last workout I was able to bench 135x6.

Todays workout I had two bench press sets of 5, I increased the weight to 140. But I could only do 4 reps on the first one, and 2 on the second one.

So next workout what should I do? Keep at 140 or deload?

>...that's it? That's the whole routine? Looks like shit.
Yea
Allegedly it's a good program but I'd like to hear more reports
> startingstrength.com/resources/forum/general-programming/17875-wrestling-bear.html

Does sedentary TDEE assume walking or not? In particular I'm curious if I should be eating more to compensate for the 200+ cals I burn from walking each day.

Actually glute ham raises don't emulate anything the deadlift does but you should be doing them anyway. And the good morning is just a riskier rdl with less carryover, no need to do that
Depends how intensely you train and how many times a week. An hour six times a week might be too much, where an hour and a half three times a week would be fine. If you're making gains keep at it, but if you stall look at recovering more
Reverse hypers
For the first time it could be nothing (it's easy as shit to get doms when starting) but you should be mindful of your form. Doms usually happens during eccentric load, meaning your back muscles elongated, which means you might have rounded (or moved from an arched spine to more neutral). Either way, be mindful of your back, keep it tight
Ask her to go for a beer/protein shake after the workout next time
Dump x1
If she doesn't want to go on her own, she's most likely not worth trying to get her
But in any case, SS
People seriously still do brosplits? Anyway, training a bodypart once a week is bad. It would be better to do half the exercises of each workout but do 2 workouts every day
Yes you fat shit. Get a couple mire shirts with you and hit and changing rooms if it's a huge issue
It would be very inappropriate to remove your shirt there even if you were lean
Yes but it's one of those memes that work
Rest more between sets and try to finish your total reps anyway
If you're trying to lose weight, better undershoot than overshoot

It's an okay version of bro split. Everyone will tell you the most obvious thing - going 6 times a week, yet only doing each bodypart once isn't good. You should be hitting each part at least twice a week for best possible gains. PPL or PHUL is a much better investment of your time.

>If you're trying to lose weight, better undershoot than overshoot
Opposite issue, I'm trying for a 500 surplus.

You could try raloxifene depending on how long the tissue's been there, if it's solid you're probably fucked though. It's hard to source right now, but it is possible.

>Depends how intensely you train and how many times a week. An hour six times a week might be too much, where an hour and a half three times a week would be fine
Full body routine with 4 compound lifts, and 4 minor accessories: face pulls (thanks jeff), some curls, some tri work, and an ab/core movement. Then I end with 10 minutes of HIIT conditioning.

So far I've responded well to the volume, but I get that little nagging cortisol voice in my ear lately

My upper back and neck muscles are so fucking tight, my neck cracks when I turn it left or right lately. If I do OHP at the weight I’m supposed to, my neck and head get locked up because of the stress it puts on my neck and upper back muscles. What do I do? Sometimes day to day my neck is so tight it causes eye strain.

Attached: BA8EFA0A-B09F-413F-87BC-C71EE94F2A02.jpg (304x264, 39K)

Book an appointment to a doctor, that is not normal.

Can I test my rep maxes on deload week? I'll only do singles ramping up to it.

Attached: rippefuark.jpg (480x365, 123K)

I started lifting and hurt myself, because i overdid it. Felt reaaally great right after, although the next day i was stuck in a C3PO stance. I exercised on saturday and am still stuck. How long will this last? My pee is not brown.

Attached: 71LFpKcZjGL._SY879_.jpg (417x879, 60K)

What would happen if I ate at a surplus on some days and deficit on others? Would it be possible to combine a cutting and bulking cycle this way?

Sorry for the retarded question guys.

What's wrong with me lads? Why can't I have sex? I don't have poor hygiene or anything just feel like a piece of me is missing that makes relationships happen.

what supplements actually make a difference? I use creatine and beta-alanine im wondering if theres anything else thats good?

I keep injuring my back on squats, should I just go to the leg press or something?

you'd just be maintaining your weight.

Did you hurt yourself as in you injured yourself doing a lift and felt pain immediately after doing the bad movement, or are you just sore?

Depending on how much you would eat in the surpluses and deficits, you would either slowly cut, slowly bulk, or maintain. Weight changes are more about longer term numbers rather than a day by day thing. If you ate at an average of 500 calorie surplus one week, then 500 calorie deficit the next, you would essentially break even (depending on tdee and all that)

Disregard women, acquire aesthetics

Vitamin D is almost always a plus to add. If you're not good on eating fruits/veg, vitamin C supps aren't bad to consider since muscle growth depends on a strong immune system. Other than that, it's mostly nit-picky details that most people on this board are nowhere near needing to consider (i.e. shit like BCAA intake and nitric oxide supps)

You should fix your form. Get some videos of you lifting, ask for form critique, study proper form (tons of videos and articles out there) and deload until your shit is fixed

why

No man I'm just really sore. I'm not even sure I did anything wrong, I just think I did way too much, as I've said I felt really fing great after I did it. I'm a potato couch so i've never felt this sore ever, and I cant get my arms past a 90 degrees angle. I've searched here and there on the internet and this seems to be normal when you're a lazy fuck like me. I just want to get back to it, I felt great right after I did it. I really want to progress and be able to do more and more, but I'm afraid I'll injure myself if I do it while having my arms stuck.
Then again I've never exercised much so I dont know anything about it except from what I've read on the sticky. thanks for your response man

Yeah, that's totally normal. You should definitely be going back because for one, continuing to exercise will help with the soreness in the short-term, and 2 the more consistently you workout the sooner you stop getting sore from it. If you find yourself unable to maintain good form because of your soreness, just work with a lower weight until you are no longer sore

Is it a bad idea to lift twice a day?

is there an optimal amount of lifts per week for maximizing gain growth?

Depends on what you're doing. Can you max squat twice a day? Very unlikely. Can you spread out a moderate amount of volume over two daily sessions? Sure. It depends on what you're doing and where you're at in terms of strength level

It depends on your strength level and how you responded to training. Some people respond very well to high-volume routines, while some need moderate volume and high intensity in order to grow. If you are a beginner, your main focus should just be consistency over optimal planning

How the fuck do I fix a sciatica without going to the doctor?!

Attached: 44535vg525vbq.jpg (1059x1324, 133K)

this is reallygoing to make me sound fucking retarded but here goes

if i self-correct my posture and push my chest out, is that how my chest is actually supposed to look? or am i supposed to look good even with curved shoulders?

We can't actually judge unless we how it looks

I've been lifting consistently for about 1.5 years after going a few times sporadically when I was younger.

I got great results but I recently went through a rough month and a half dealing with my cat slowly dying of a respiratory cancer. Barely got through work everyday. I know... it's a cat, but fuck.

Feels like I lost almost a third of my gains but I can't really tell exactly how much muscle weight I lost since I also gained a bit of fat. My body naturally leans towards a skinnyfat build if I'm not lifting.

Will I gain back as fast as I lost? This is so demotivating after actually trying to be serious about the gym for once in my life.

Assuming the amount of days is no issue to me, would you guys pick PHUL or PHAT?

Finished week one of c25k but it absolutely murdered me and I my cardiovascular system was telling me to go fuck myself the entire time. Should I re-do week 1 and try to hit my stride before I continue, or push on to week 2 even if I might fail like a bitch?

fair enough, i;ll do it when i get back from school
just for the record, I'm skelly and i know it, I just don't know if I need to correct my shoulder posture or if I'll just look like a retarded bird

Wtf am I supposed to eat for cutting? Everything has fucking 100000000000000g of fat and carbs in it. Do I just eat 100 chicken tenders every fucking day wtf

My pressing today felt significantly harder on my left side. I thought it might be because my right is stronger but I've never felt something like it before

feels like Brazil

If my tdee is 2k calories and I'm trying to lose weight, am I hurting myself badly by only eating about half that? I switched my diet to much more satiating foods, and now I hover between 1-1.5k calories typically. I'm not too concerned with performing at the gym, I can bench my body weight (208lbs bw, 215 bench) but I expect that to suffer, for example.

Eating that little will result in muscle loss, so yes

Am I making it? 6ft / 150 lbs

Attached: P_20190910_173910_1.jpg (2936x3862, 862K)

That's fine, I guess. I try to pack each meal or snack with protein, to help. For example, todays total calories are 1024, and 103g protein. Is that enough to help while cutting or does it not matter at such a deficit?

But why? Just eat more.

Why don’t premixed protein drinks have BCAAs? I can buy powder with BCAAs and protein and liquids with protein or BCAAs, but no liquids with both. What gives?

When calculating protein for chicken breast do i use the raw weight or the cooked weight. Anytime I use a site to figure it out I put in raw chicken 20 oz and it gives me x amount protein I put in 20 oz cooked chicken it gives me the same amount of protein please help

I'm just not hungry as much anymore and am trying to lose weight anyway, might as well capitalize. I just don't want to hurt myself in the long run is all.

What kind of drink should I drink?

What kind of milk should I drink?*

Tiddie milk

what weight should i stop bulking? went from 280 to 165 over the course of a year, started lifting, and ate at maintenance for a few months. now ive started slowly clean bulking. so what weight should i get to before i start the cut for next summer? i was thinking 190-195.

What’s your height and bf%, gives us a lot more to work with.

Based, now it’s time for winter bulk. Focus on shoulder, traps, lats and neck.
Go for filling things with complex carbs, proteins and some fat. Oats, rice, chicken instead of fattier meats, and pretty much all fruits and vegetables will fill you up while barely denting your calories in.
Cut out/limit: butter, olive oil, liquid calories, cheese.

i would estimate my BF is around 23%, height is 5' 10"

Never got an answer in the last thread, or I’m just retarded and never saw one. Triceps exercises of any kind cause my elbows to seize up and make a popping/cracking sound when I finally get them to release. They seem to do this whenever I’m supporting any weight with my elbows bent past 90 degrees. One of them even became fucked up while I was holding the barbell during squats. What is causing this, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

How do I grow my fucking arms?!
I'm doing curls, skullcrushers, rows and close grip BP every other day. I have noodle arms. Should I just start curling every day or is this going to snap my shit up?

190 seems like a reasonable target, although you can always start to cut again if you start feeling too fat.
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
Bulk and get strong in general, don’t get caught up and wasting time doing curls everyday. Weighted chinups, hammer curls and machine rows will help a good bit though.