Is keto just a meme?

Can you gain muscle and lose fat while doing keto?

I've been bulking for the longest time, used to be bone skinny, now im average or some would say skinny fat. I need to keep gaining muscle, but i don't want to look like a fuckin degenerate fat skinny fuck anymore, I can't even fit in some of my pants anymore.

Even if I can gain muscle with keto, is it gonna be at a slower rate than if i just straight bulk? Cuz then im not doing it.

Attached: fd15e05ee38e23f79338fc95bd3be933.jpg (750x1000, 64K)

I tried it and it made me sick. To be fair though, I'm vegetarian so I essentially had nothing but eggs. It sucked.... a LOT.

With meat I can imagine it being much better, but I still think it's more or less a meme.

You could try a regular diet, if you're skinny fat like you claim I'd cut. Cut at -300/-500 from your TDEE for 2 months, then eat at maintenance for a month, enjoy eating more and getting your lifts up a bit in that time. Then rinse and repeat until you are at a place you are comfortable to start slow bulking.

Keto is a meme that ripped my asshole apart so hard that i felt like a faggot

Fuck keto.
One meal a day is what you want. Get 3000 calories in in that one meal. Just force fed yourself, the first days will be shit, but as your stomach stretches it becomes easy mode. If you can't into one meal with all that in the beginning, have two meals - but keep pushing until u can 1 meal with 3k cals. Eat this meal minimum 6 hours before bed otherwise the insulin spikes will compete with your HGH and lessen gains.

You're an idiot.

Carbs are highly addictive so I prefer a keto diet so I dont crave food. Keto + fasting is the way you want to go for building muscle because of the hgh spikes while fasted

So I can get in shape by eating at Pizza Hut every day?

I used to pretty much do this before but i'd just end up gaining weight

any advantage gained from a keto diet is purely because of the increased consumption of proteins and fats. most people are deficient in at least one of the macro nutrients.

Keto is ultimately a fad diet, but the ideas of a lot of protein will work well for someone working out. Sadly you need carbs to maintain high rep work. Can you get stronger on it? Sure, if you're weak right now there's room to get more neural efficient with some movements like the deadlift, but you probably won't add lean tissue. Any diet on a defecit is gonna work the same though, providing that you hit your protein goals.

>skinny fat
Is there anything more pathetic than being too afraid to admit that you’re actually just fat?

Is it too hard to keep that level of body fat %?

Dunno lol

Youll lose weight but good luck building any muscle. Youre depriving yourself of carbs so your body will have trouble replenishing your muscles' glycogen stores and fats are not a good source of energy for any high-volume lifting

All fad diets are a meme. Just eat what your body was designed for, which depends on your particular ethnic lineage. If you're European, that basically means paleo + dairy + grains/tubers.

>Vegetarian
>eats eggs

Retarded

Correct, but incorrect to assume that no muscle cannot be created on a deficit. If you can work around glycogen depletion through sheer force, you can build muscle. It would be incredibly difficult and I would jusy suggest cycling between clean bulking and keto to grow muscle and stay lean.

7th day of keto here. Went from 157lb14%bf to 151lb11%bf. My workouts are hell and I need go drink water all day until I finally get around to making electrolyte suppliments this week.

>157lb14%bf to 151lb11%bf.
you lost 6 lbs in water weight

I lost most of my weight as water, but more importantly I lost 3% bodyfat. My goal is 7%. I'm going for lean, not for light. I use a home electrolysis bodyfat measurement.

>Can you gain muscle and lose fat while doing keto?
Yes
>Is keto just a meme?
Yes and no

It's a popular/trendy thing like every other low carb diets (these are a dime a dozen and all work by mostly the same principles) which makes it incredibly easy to lose glycogen (around 500g-1kg weight for your average person, plus a ton of water retention) within a few days which creates instant results which is often great for fatties. It also tends to lower appetite if you're not doing a lot of exercise.

I've ran keto strictly for 6+ months, I've ran low carb non strictly for at least 5 years and I've ran regular shitty diet and strict fitness diets, both medium to high in carb, for the rest of my life. I'm also type 1 diabetic so I get to track in real-time the effects of these diets on my a1c and blood glucose over time, plus the effects on my lifts. I ran keto for maybe 150kg through to 200kg deadlift and squat, then went back to regular low(ish) carb for 200kg-250kg+

What I've discovered is that, in short, keto is great for losing initial water and glycogen like any low-carb diet but when controlled against carbs timed around a training window just can't compare/compete. It's not a huge difference but if you're training competitively or doing something like endurance running/rowing/most types of cardio you're almost certainly going to benefit from training with carbs on board

Keto is fine, just don't think it's any better or worse than any other diet for weight loss, or a magic pill for anything, and don't rely on it for gains
P.S. It's really good for your teeth

Attached: 52157565.jpg (562x640, 68K)

Also ignore idiots like this if you're doing any kind of training

It's a meme in that people treat it like an actual, honest-to-God complete diet. It's not; it's just the most effective way to cut weight quickly. If you're not careful, you'll bounce right back as soon as you start bulking.

t. former ketard