Be me 26, 6'0 185

>be me 26, 6'0 185
>close to goal after 2 years of lifting
>6 figure job in big city with no debt
>small but close group of bros
>interesting hobbies (building furniture, gardening)
>proposed to qt 5'9 gf last week
>still unsatisfied

Is this it? What's there to do after making it Jow Forums?

Attached: 5690119-adult_gon_anime.png (638x1080, 700K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4AOxCzHOYso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>focusing on an end goal, trying to achieve some notion of "arriving"
youre never going to make it

Leave humanity behind

if you're close to your goals after only 2 years in the gym you need to set some higher standards my guy

Your goals are materialistic

Yeah, you’re probably unfulfilled because you’re a manlet
>t. 6’3 manlet

Based and Alan Watts pilled.

figure job in big city with no debt
please tell me how. My financial gains are poor

Just don’t go on a shooting spree

>6 figure job in big city with no debt*

this t b h

Maybe I've been looking at it from the wrong angle this entire time.

Didn't go to college. Got my IT certifications during high school and landed a summer internship for a nonprofit (was a volunteer intern). A week before the internship was up my supervisor put in his two weeks and the company gave me money to stay. Did that for a few years until I did some programming self study. Currently working in cyber security.

You need to become a God, user.

here OP, here's how you become satisfied

youtu.be/4AOxCzHOYso

Attached: 1567951037047.jpg (622x464, 175K)

were you a code monkey or something more based? asking for a friend

nice story, but no major company is gonna put you in a decent position in cyber security with no education and a few certs. minimum for those positions are a bachelors, for a high paying position a masters. you're probably fat too bro.

I work as a pentester and didn't go to college. A lot of tech companies don't care about the degree if you are able to showcase your skills to them effectively.

Original guy who said you won't make it. Here's what I really meant:

All you've achieved is good -- whether or not the destination is what you desired (the main flaw), you've proven to yourself that you can identify goals and work towards them. The problem is thinking x amount of work will eventually make you happy/fulfilled/etc. That doesn't work. Find what makes life worth suffering through and gives you a sense of meaning or purpose. Everyone's is different, but you also won't find it on Jow Forums -- most people here are lost and angry. Save your six figure salary and backpack in the Alps or Himalayas for a month, consider having kids, volunteer to dig wells in parts of the world where locals need to walk 10 miles just to collect water, etc. Read philosophy and history, even stuff you might think you disagree with, and see where it takes you. More humans have lived and time has occurred then you can fathom, and it's worthwhile to put some of those experiences into your own mind.

Good work on getting financially secure and developing your body -- that all ultimately supports and nurtures your mind, the truly most important thing.

Good luck, user.

Attached: mzfexXy.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

Web dev for a couple of years so yes.

You're right it's not a major company. At the same time I work out of San Jose and no one cares what kind of education you have when applying to places in Silicon Valley.

that's cause most start ups fail, thats why standards are so low.

Have kids and try to raise them well. You haven’t really made it until your kids are grown and just as if not more successful than you are.

While there is some base level of materialistic things you should have to be comfortable once you have if you keep expecting to reach some sort of end goal like completing a level in a game then you will be unsatisfied, falling into the trap of chasing some end goal that you wont reach.After all its human nature to always want to improve your current situation. In my opinion the way to deal with this is learning to appreaciate what you already have and living in the present instead of thinking what could be different.If you want to read then look into things like stoicism and budhism since those guys were all about that kind of life. Dont know if that will help but atleast worth a shot

This. Journey not destination. There is no such thing as "happiness", it's a meme created by advertising companies. You don't think of sadness or anger as ultimate, end goal, final state emotions. There used to be an emotion called "joy" but Madison Avenue painted over it and sold you a lie. You will never be content no matter what you do, realising this liberates you from mental anguish. If you have achieved your goals, find new goals.

Honestly, you don't really need a college degree. As long as you're the owner you can appoint yourself to any position you want.

Thanks, user. I'll definitely see what I can do to reevaluate where I want to take this tiny existence.

Having kids does sound appealing but it's not on my calendar (at least for 3+ years).

Please tell me you don't really think people begin startups with the mindset of
>we have a high percentage of failure so let's make sure we don't get the best prospects to increase our chances of success

> You don't think of sadness or anger as ultimate, end goal, final state emotions.
golden words, thank you user

Attached: albarn-damon-image.jpg (300x300, 19K)

>big city
>gardening

Does not compute.

>not playing competitive sports

get on it.

please don't marry at 20. I'm sure she's very cool and you have gotten along really well, but at 20 you've only began to meet real people. Marriage isn't this ball and chain like boomers think but still, drastically changes the day to day .

looked back and saw 26... you're good

Get some form of college degree via night classes or something so that you can still be marketable if/when the company you work for goes under.

>There is no such thing as "happiness", it's a meme created by advertising companies.
Based and Don Draper pilled

Attached: 35243523452.jpg (736x1104, 214K)