Purpose

do most people seriously lift to attract women/have a good body?
does no one care in the slightest about athleticism and strength?

Attached: gains.jpg (800x1200, 83K)

Who gives a fuck if you're buff sitting at a desk doing data entry all day? Most people that lift don't even use their fitness outside of the gym.

It makes me more confident.

No, lots of people do it for strength, myself included.

I literally only care about strength, but strength at a reasonable size. I have no intention of being a ballooned up powerlifter

Gymcel bodies often look disgusting. Can tell they lift but aren't /athletic/ at all. Guy in OP looks like actual athlete and noble man. Take up long rucking and trail running to not look like a gym freak that cant climb over a wall

Yes
No

this unironically

Attached: 1566928383729.jpg (480x960, 30K)

I do it, because I don't want to become an invalid when I'm 60.

I care about how I feel and that's about it. A gym body used to be impressive. Now it's the norm and expected because of ungrateful, unappreciative thots.

I got into it for women. Found out it doesnt fucking matter and if anything it's a hindrance. Kept going because it makes me feel good.

I lift because I enjoy the act itself as well as sculpting my body as close to perfection as possible. I honestly couldn’t care less what women want. They can be won over with personality, manipulation, or money with almost any body type.

Attached: A3B5788A-CC4E-4105-98BF-735D9838263A.jpg (480x480, 89K)

Fuck women. I want to show the world what I've achieved through discipline. Discipline is freedom and I'm better than 99% of you who can't put down the coke and cookies because of it.

This. Its about taking control over your life and making yourself into what you want to be.

Also I havent been depressed since I started, thats pretty nice.

I like to not be completely wiped out from having to move something heavy around, shovel snow, etc. Aesthetic is nice but I like not being a weakling, especially with how pathetic the average person is these days, and they aren't getting any better

"sports" and "hobbies" other than aesthetics are a cope

no one cares how fast you can run, far you can throw something or how well you can kick a ball into something. all that matters is having a juicy, shredded, aesthetic sick cunt physique

you'll be strong lifting for aesthetics

only your ego cares if you can only bench 250 on an aesthetics routine vs 275 on a strength routine. complete waste of time if you aren't in a sport or getting paid for it

as long as i keep going i can't fail

I mainly lift because it’s a nice autistic hobby. Looking good and strength I value equally. If it wasn’t enjoyable I wouldn’t loft though because I’m tall so I don’t need much help to look good.

>no one cares
That's where you're wrong.

I care.

>I’m tall so I don’t need much help to look good
Thats just not true. Height isnt enough to compensate if you have shit face, frame, and are fat.

Tallest dude I know is a khv for those very reasons.

I want a good body for myself but at the same time I want to bulk and get physically strong enough to do the shit I want to do. Not to mention my coordination and motor skills are shit so I’m hoping training will eventually help me to be better in those regards.

and only your ego cares if you go to the gym or not. complete waste of time if you aren't in a sport or getting paid for it

Thats a narrow perspective. I life because a good man ought to care for his health. I want to emulate the good man.

>no one cares
until you are in a situation where you are expected to be physically dominant over others but get embarrassed by everyone. Such as a friendly pull up contest at work where the smallest guy demolishes the buff guy and everyone asks why the buff guy even works out. Or when you have to carry some items off the truck and onto the campsite but get winded easily where as the big fat guy carries nearly half the items off the truck and onto the campsite no problem. Just look at joshua vs ruiz, people wonder why joshua is even considered elite after getting clocked by a fat guy.

Oh well I’m not fat and have a decent face. Being short would make it easier to be a khv for sure tho can’t deny that

For me, yes. That is 100% the sole reason. Nothing else could make me want to eat this crap and lift this crap again and again and only drink water and protein shakes

>Thats a narrow perspective
>I do it for health reasons
>bodybuilding
take the cardio pill then. Cut out all gym memberships and start swimming or running

>not seeing the irony in the post
Can't tell if you are trolling right now. But you literally don't need to go to the gym to be "healthy."

Compound lifts and mountain running would be the ultimate pill, need that better bone density and strength to make mountain peaks.

I know bodybuilding != health, I was using lift as a general catch all term.

I lift for the same reason I do any self improvement, to move towards my concept of an ideal man.

Ngmi

>!=
god damn, its always the nerds that get autistic with something as simple as lifting.

There is point to nothing. Today on street I saw people as machines act in factory line, automatons on printed algorithm. Did not anticipate home at work and it held no sway, stayed late and drank sweet coffee as just bitter liquid, put music but felt no excitement, anesthetized soul. Breasts of colleague were sacks of flesh and thighs are but fat. May I not wake up to sunrise and friends weep for what I could have yet felt in life.

this

there's just something so satisfying about knowing that I can run under a 5 minute mile and squat twice my bodyweight. It's just satisfying

but that's wrong. I care. Basing your whole self worth on other people is a terrible way to think of yourself.
If you wanna be shredded as fuck then all power to you. I just wanna deadlift heavy.

Attached: 1567908019555.gif (456x242, 2.14M)

Needs to start training legs wtf

can you use english, please?

I actually started lifting with the ambition to get strong but after plateauing on squats twice (165lbs and 225lbs) (I'm 190lbs BW @ 6'5) all while gaining a bit of belly fat I know I'll just be a weak fuck all my life. Switched to a PPL this week and will just enjoy getting joocy.

Man lifts to attract a mate and reproduce. You may think you’re doing it for some other reason but you’re not. You have no control over the reason you lift.

At first it was to look good, but now I chase the PRs

First was a 500 DL, then I blew past it to 550 before I knew it so now I am eyeing 600

It's also nice to know you can bodyslam 90% of people who might give you shit

>avoiding adversity and trying to overcome it
this is probably the most important thing that people avoid when in the gym.

why arnold's neck look so weird?

this is some real grade school level thinking

based

I want to be able to lift anything above my head for shits and giggles.

>t. necklet

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

But if you lift for aesthetics you will still be stronger than everybody who doesn't lift.

>still be stronger
its not even about strength really. My work is involved in a kickball tournament and on my last game on sunday, there was a really buff looking guy on the other team. When he went up to kick, everyone started to move back expecting the ball to go flying. When he kicked, it either spun out and stayed at home base(foul) or it just skipped along at a somewhat fast pace. Then everyone realized this guy was all show and no real athleticism. Even the skinny and fat guys were kicking the ball further.
Don't ever put yourself in this type of situation if you are buff. I'd say this is the only downside of looking strong

The real red pill is competing. Nothing will make you train harder and stick to your plans than having a real concrete goal

I lift to attract women and also have the ability to mong niggers and assorted shitskins

the REAL red pill is to be competitive with everything but not show you are competitive. Outlift your friends but dont make it publicly known you were trying to do this. Try to talk to more girls and get more numbers than your friends but don't publicly make it known you were trying to do this. Do this with everything that matters to you but at the same time dont get autistic with this shit

I love flexin' on the mirror

Attached: cbnxsd0e3kj21.jpg (684x952, 87K)

Do people still delude themselves into believing that picking up heavy weights and putting them back down in very strict ranges of motion is some feat of athleticism?
>I lift for myself
is the PEAK of cope. There's nothing wrong with lifting to be more physically attractive. Thinking otherwise is proof that you have so little going for you that you fear being judged as "shallow" so badly you'll jump through unnecessary mental hoops just to avoid it.
If you really give a shit about athleticism, you should be training, in conjunction with strength, flexibility, speed, endurance, coordination, balance, etc. Yet you don't, so shut the fuck up about your moral high ground.

i gave up on women long ago, i just go to the gym to work off energy that would otherwise go towards a mass shooting

I lift to serve my country. I want to be the best soldier I can possibly be.

>does no one care in the slightest about athleticism and strength?
I do, that's why I don't bodybuild or ever cut