How the fuck do you become obese? I eat 2,500-3,000 calories a day and weight only 138 lbs. I don't do cardio at all...

How the fuck do you become obese? I eat 2,500-3,000 calories a day and weight only 138 lbs. I don't do cardio at all. And it's not that I have good genes, my dad is an obese fuck and he eats the same as me.

Attached: obesity-2295[1].jpg (366x600, 27K)

Metabolic rate is highly variable among the general population, can be up to a 30% difference between individuals in the same age group.

sugar and bad fats inb4 ternodinamics

My guess: fat fucks equate food to happiness on a mental level. To the point that they release more seratonin upon eating than normal people. Assuming normal people are still the skinny ones.
I ain't got funding so I can't prove shit.

As you get older your metabolism will drop. Better watch your diet boyo because when you're 27 wageslaving for Scholmo staying up late nights doing work. Next thing you know you've got a gut and if you've never worked out in your life it'll be harder to get it off

But I love eating lol

How I became overweight for the first time: *physically tiring job
*poor cooking skills
*McDonalds two doors down from my workplace

Oh I forgot the other part of it:
*eating rice and beans a lot
*drinking a lot of soda

I can cook but I usually won't, or only cook simple stuff.

It's not about lacking skills. It's about lacking time or motivation to do it. Cooking elaborate meals every day becomes tiresome fast.

They drink all of their calories

It blows my mind too. I am at a point where if i dont eat 10 donuts and 2 pizza pies my lifts are gonna stall and i still cant seem to gain weight. Love the giant poops. Maybe they are toilet phobic and store the shit permanently

Wanna get fat? Drink 5l of beer/day. Go

That's less than 15 beers. I'm already there.

I'd say it's both. The more shit you know how to do the more you can be like "It'd be really easy to make X and then I won't be temped to eat shit tonight."

Not everyone is 7 feet tall. Manlets exist and that TDEE would be TURBObulking for me

Actually I am quite a manlet and I still can gain weight

Are you sure you’re counting right?

I’m 6’3” and bulk on 1800 calories a day unironically

Yeah today I ate around 500 grams of cooked spaghetti, 500 grams of cooked rice, 100 grams of meat, around 200 grams of different vegetables, four big croissants stuffed with dulce de leche that must be around 200 calories each, and some fruits. I'm sure it's around 2500 calories at least

Lol last time I got munchies I ate 7000kcal.

Because I'm 5'8'' and a considered a manlet. Takes about 1400 calories daily just to maintain weight with low exercise (akin to about 6-8 miles of walking a day for my job).

Attached: Very little progress.png (1152x648, 708K)

Before you ask, I'm about 240, and basically look the exact same as a year and a half ago.

some people genuinely have fucked up hormone profiles

i think it has a lot to do with with how much your mother ate while she was pregant with you. if she didn't eat much your body is wired to think that food is scarce and stores everything as fat. if she ate like a hippo your body is wired to think that food is plentiful and therefore burns all of your excess calories as quickly as they come in.

look up obesity rates among the generation that was conceived during the dutch starvation winter.

I'm shorter than you and probably eat more calories yet my BMI is 25

You are probably much more active than I am.

Attached: reverse progress.png (1193x628, 376K)

You want to post a source?

Not really. I lift some moderate weights at home but I'm an underemployed slob. I only work 6 hours a week, half a year. And I don't do any cardio at all

Damn man. I feel you. How old are you?

The only exercise I do is walk for several hours. Doesn't do that much except keep my heart rate slightly elevated. Basically keeps me from living a sedentary life. I haven't lifted a weight since I tried february 2018, and I fucked up and almost got rhabdo because I thought I could do the shit i did in the Army.
I spent a week sleeping on the couch taking 2 different muscle relaxers and an antihistamine. Best week of my life. Ever spent 4 days straight asleep?
Now I'm scared to go back because that was the worst pain of my life. I couldn't even extend my arms or sleep because my muscles failed to relax.
I am going to try to go back this year, I'm just building up the courage and detailing a regime that won't fuck me up.

Do nothing for 2 years but sit at a computer, smoke, and eat fast food with with a large soda for every meal

Damn. Lifting won't really help you lose weight though. You probably need to eat less calories and do cardio. You should still lift but because it's good for you, not for losing weight

Yeah, I need to do cardio or something high intensity to actually get to my 2012 self. I just prefer to lose weight because I like having large muscle, when I used to actually have it. Lost my abs, but least my arms and chest (never had to worry about legs cause I was obese in high school) began to look yuge.
Less calories means I would need less intense exercise, especially since I've structured it to that TDEE thing, puts me at 1600kcal, for 1-2lb loss per month, but I've gotten to the point where I NEED to exercise to continue losing weight, even at ~1400-1500kcal I am neither losing nor gaining any weight. I've stayed at that regime for a year and a half and I am basically the same weight, anywhere between 138lb-245lb, it fluctuates weekly.

I don't get how people even manage to eat over 2000 calories

(a) Randle Cycle Effect, fat + carbs/sugar in any equivalence is the most obesigenic thing possible from diet due to its inflammatory and insulin based response
(b) the reduction of tolerance with age to carbohydrate metabolism
(c) the reduction of BMR with age, I suspect largely due to muscle loss which is aggrevated more in the elderly because they don't eat enough animal based protein(the only real protein that counts)

> I eat 2,500-3,000 calories a day and weight only 138 lbs. I don't do cardio at all. And it's not that I have good genes, my dad is an obese fuck and he eats the same as me.

He may simply not be as active as you, and you may have a higher BMR as a younger lad. This difference over time can and does affect people. Impossible to know with so little data from your annecdote.

CICO might bite you in the ass if you prolong it for few months. Your body tries to combat what it essentially sees as starvation, cranking down your BMR. Individually this is variable, some people will notice the weight loss stopping quickly, others will have a much longer window before incurring the body's wrath. Easy way to get a resting metabolic advantage is to avoid the Randle Cycle effect. Meaning avoid combination of fat or carbohydrate in any equivalence. This means high carbohydrate or high fat(keto) to effect this. Though sugar metabolism of carbohydrates is inferior to high fat, but will still net you results if you're switching off the "Standard American Diet".

"Standard American Diet" which was designed with malice of forethought to suppress peoples resting metabolic rate or BMR. This to effect metabolic syndrome which can then be farmed via pharmaceutical symptomatic treatments.

The more weight you put on, the easier it is to put on weight and the harder it is to burn off

No one can eat 3000 calories daily without getting fat. Not unless you work out like an animal.

your had probably eats at work or something when you don't. just a small bag of chips or a soda could be the difference

?
I'm 6'5 and 3000 calories is enough to maintain 195 lbs. If I want to be bigger forget it

I can eat a 7000 calorie meal inside an hour no trouble. But I'm extremely lazy and don't cook so eating that amount of pizza/fast food gets really expensive in a hurry.

Should have added 'unless you are 6'2+', thanks for pointing it out.

First things first, most people that say they can't gain weight (or lose it) don't count calories properly and don't eat consistently. Now that this is out of the way: mild forms of hyperthyroidism are actually not that uncommon. Again, chances are you don't have it and you're not eating enough if you're a skelly - much like most fatties probably don't have hypothyroidism and are just eating too much - but it's a possibility. When I was a child I was diagnosed with mild hyperthyroidism and as a young adult I went to a doc for that reason again, but since my hormone levels were still in the normal range and I was only slightly underweight I never received treatment. That said, this obviously doesn't mean I can not gain weight, it just means I have to eat a lot more and be consistent with my diet.

Lmfao try 2500-3000 calories a meal 4 meals a day
>t. used to be 380lbs

>2,500-3,000

Attached: 1567342929975.jpg (480x480, 46K)

You have to eat like that consistently, if you eat 3000 one day and 1500 the other day its gonna balance out. Also stop exercising

Sodas,sauces,sweets and shit.
The caloric difference beetween some tipes of foos is incredible when you start paying attention to it.
Fucking mayo has 800 cals per 100 grams .
Most tipes of bread have bettween 300-500,so you can essentialy double the caloric value of a sandwich by just puting a large spoon of this shit.

And then just imagine a guy buying premade french fries and diping them into mayo for a movie snack...

>The caloric difference beetween some tipes of foos is incredible when you start paying attention to it.
This. When I started counting calories last year I got quite shocked. I never bothered to do it before because I was lazy.

oats in the morning takes 3 minutes
chicken breast and broccoli in the evenings takes 10 minutes and then ten seconds to season.
'Can't means 'won't' every single fucking time.

This, I'm 26, 96kg (211 pounds for amerifats) and eat ~2500 calories a day to maintain. Maybe 3000 on weekends if I'm active.

>2500 to maintain
that's perfectly normal

>How the fuck do you become obese?
Have some secret hidden flaw in your genetic makeup that affects how you experience hunger, satiety, or whatever.

Have a slow metabolism (if your metabolism is slow by a few calories a day this adds up over a lifetime).

Be short but get served normal people portions.

Receive emotional damage that you cope with using food.

Care about other things more than being skinny.

Eat garbage all the time (some people have it harder than others when it comes to making good food choices totally independent of their internal conflicts).

Get old and don't make a conscious effort to change your eating habits.

Have the wrong friends/family.

Be allowed to get fat as a child, thus fucking you for life.

These are the real reasons why people end up fat as fuck. Muh willpower is a nice answer, and sure, every problem listed above could be overcome with sufficient willpower, but if people had sufficient willpower to not be fat they wouldn't be fat in the first place. Society sets people up to fail, and most people do. That's the real answer. The easier it is to get fat the more people will be fat and the fatter they will be.

We've got the same genes as people who lived 1,000 years ago. No meaningful evolution has taken place. All of obesity can be and is properly explained by environmental changes, not human changes. Addressing those environmental changes is both the most effective and the only solution to obesity. Now you know.

I wish people wasted as much time on moral panic when it came to people who choose to be politically misinformed as they do on people who choose to be fat, but in modern society being a retard is acceptable but being obese is not.

>I eat 2,500-3,000 calories a day

Wrong

This is pretty accurate. Eating shitty food literally changes my mood than SSRIs. It's constant hell staying in shape.

Ask your dad lol

This is only true if you don't account for physical exertion and difference in body mass and length for people between the same age group.

In fact for people with similar body composition and physical activity there is only a minor difference of about 150kcal in the 95% of the population.

There are two main ingredients to morbid obesity:

1. incompetent/abusive Baby Boomer parents
2. the Standard American Diet (SAD!)

This applies to most German men and they’re not fat. I also abuse wheat beer (only 1L a day though), schnitzel eod, calories in calories out is true to an extent, I don’t care what anyone says the main and sole reason Americans are that fat is because the exorbitant amount of sugar. You can eat like a pig but as long as it’s healthy foods (, even grain) you won’t get obese, just slightly overweight

I’m 6’3 and my daily intake is 3000 kcal to maintain, and I track it religiously. (I train 3 times a week, weight lifting). Your frame must be as narrow as my dick

>the main and sole reason Americans are that fat is because the exorbitant amount of sugar

This is true. There is HFCS and sucrose in everything, even our processed meats (goodbye sausages).

The only way to dodge it is to buy nothing but raw ingredients.

Checkt and mired

Attached: 1567311046873.jpg (1280x720, 88K)