Rucking

Does this provide any fitness benefit or is it entirely bad for you?

Attached: peakperformance.jpg (900x600, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armytimes.com/news/your-army/2015/05/19/2-9-infantry-to-conduct-last-manchu-mile-march-in-korea/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you will be a good goy for fucking your boy up for them

It's good if you only hike or do walks with weights.
Running with weights will fuck your joints up.

Nah man the risk for reward isnt worth and will screw your body up.

I just did a 12 mile on one of the harder courses and my body is entirely fucked up. Is there any chance I made some gains or was it all just detrimental to my body?

If you're going to be rucking in the near future, best begin doing it at some point.

better than vaping

You will absolutely make gains
You will gain slipped disk, and many back pains

Im currently in the military and after 5 years finally sucked it up and decided to go to medical for the constant physical pain i am ALWAYS in (not exaggerating there is never a time i am not hurting)
im sure hiking for miles with 90+ pounds on my back is a strong contributor to this

Kek

I call bullshit. how often you do ruck marches?. How many miles at a time?. Be specific. Medical will want to know this shit too. Don't give me no twice a week ten mile shit.

you'll get alot better at rucking. RIP to your knees/back/shoulders/hips/ankles/etc

Imagine how bad the men of ancient military forces had it once they were old and retired. Or did they not carry as much as a modern soldier? Smoothbore-era soldiers had a decently sized pack, heavy coats, and hard boots all made of natural materials. Antiquity armies were more barebones but had metal armor. Medieval knights had a small baggage train and mass infantry didn't have that much shit.

doing anything with a ruck on is only good for fucking your knees and back

I highly doubt they carried everything on their backs. People back then were smarter, they used mule carts, and other means for transporting equipment.

Im not greenside any more so not any time recently
As often as everyone else did it, so at least once a month in full gear. What exactly do you think Im bullshitting? The pain? What do I have to gain by making that up on Jow Forums?
thank god we live in a time where we can get treatment for our fatigue and injuries

>As often as everyone else did it

I barely ever did it. I wasn't infantry though. I was a bradley rider so we were like mechanized infantry. Answer the damn question man. Give me a number. Depending on what base you went to also you may not have seen any hills. You really got it easy if you did it on flat road. How many of these years did you do this shit for?. Even when you changed units?. How long was the march?. 90 pounds of gear ain't too much. We had to basically carry that shit around at all time in Iraq between our rifle, six loaded magazines, armor plates and clothes/elbowpads,kneepads, kevlar. I don't think you're making it up for attention on Jow Forums. I think maybe you're convinced yourself that exaggerating and lying by NOT telling the facts makes your story true.

it makes you better at rucking, but other than that it destroys your body fairly quickly when you start rucking with real weight and not bitch ass crossfit 45lbs and a water bottle
>t.grunt

Anything the military does is dumb. They are training you to overcome hardships and possible die. Not to actually be better at anything. It's all mental training. While this could apply to daily life, as it should if you're a man, the physical aspect is garbage. Was an airborne sapper for four years.

well the classic case people point to as the ultimate heavy infantry on the march were the Romans, but even they had dedicated slaves and mules, 1 per every contubernium, which was 8 soldiers. so, they would carry a fair amount, but not as much as the meme would suggest, legionaries were not crushing 20ks with 150lbs on their back on the weekly. I think the main problem with current military thinking isn't so much the weight, although it is too much, but the pace. A ruck march is not a slow trudge with gear or even a normal walking speed, rucking is walking as fast as you possibly can, for hours and hours at a time, no matter the obstacle

>I wasn't infantry though
shut up POG lmao stop coping, im a grunt and we ruck 10ks on atleast a monthly basis. my average field op in a sniper platoon I ruck atleast 5k insert and exfil with around 100 to 120lbs on my back depending on weather and how much water I have to take. stop being such a chode

are you the bitchy liar? or you some other lying sack of shit?. Just want to be clear what I say.

fuck off with your synthetic benchmark bullshit. Go to Iraq for a year (if you don't go awol, or start shooting up heroine trying to get discharged to get out) and see if you can hang with the real hard shit.

I do about a 6mile hick with 15-20% of my body weight added to my pack every other day. It helps if you get some time on a stair machine after lifting I’ve noticed. I need to invest in a weighted vest because the pack I use isn’t doing favors for my upper back. All in all I’ve had good results for cardio and muscle mass. I’ve been doing it to help cut weight and get my body fat %down. I would recommend but I wouldn’t try running with that much weight. Too much stress on joints.

If your tryna be the highest on the OML and get that jumpy boi, rangey boi, or combat scooby slot boi. I have to because these frail officers do enough of making sure they go there way but theres nothng they can do when u dominate them on that and the PT test

Literally the dumbest thing you can do for fitness. I ain't trying to be the best at rucking.

y'all niggas ever heard of the manchu mile? armytimes.com/news/your-army/2015/05/19/2-9-infantry-to-conduct-last-manchu-mile-march-in-korea/.

I did my year in Korea but wasn't crazy or strong enough to do this shit, but knew a guy that did it twice in my unit.

They marched with less weight. A lot less weight.

>soldiers are literally treated like human cattle

At least you get good retirement after 20 years :D

its a really fast way to fuck up your ankles and back

don't do it

>couldnt make it into the military
>proceed to call everyone a goy to cope

Shut up pig. Go carry the saw.

>What do I have to gain by making that up on Jow Forums?

I see today is your first day here

stop larping as military, trumper

There's no reason if you aren't planning for military service or do backpacking/mountain climbing. It *will* fuck up your joints if you go past 40-60lbs for extended use.

Attached: jocko-bio-image-2-500x500.png (500x500, 63K)

Military is what people do when they can’t make it in the real world lmao, just like lacrosse players who always say “couldn’t make the team huh? Better luck next year.” When anyone criticizes it, when lacrosse is literally the most entry level sport much like soccer

>fuck up your knees and ankles beyond recognizability
yeah great for you, user
do a 5mi ruck every morning

>claiming authority on an anime forum for having uncle sams fist up your ass
you won, user, congrats

Fuck off pog, stop lying. Get back to the motorpool and fix my track

Endurance exercise makes you better at endurance exercise. It doesn't really have any benefits beyond that like resistance training does.

Not only that but endurance is specific to particular movement patterns. If you take an elite hiker who doesn't ride a bike and put them on a bike they will have less endurance than mediocre cyclists.

You get to enjoy VA benefits for giving away your knees.

Its fucking terrible for your joints and feet. Where I was stationed they made it mandatory every week as well and you had to do 12 miles every quarter. Somehow people were shocked when I got out and didn't re-enlist fuck that shit.

God those lose straps... they make me angry. I fucking hate softskills.

If you don't do preheb work as a soldier then you're a beta that deserves chronic pain.

It’s good for one thing, rucking

You got better at doing a 12 mile with shit on your back.

That's it.

t. couldnt make the team

You're a retard and you're damaging your body for next to no gains

bad psoture and fucked joints is a risk.

post blue cord.

why do murkan grunts always abbreviate fucking everything, WDMGAAFE

just walk as fast as you can for 20 miles instead

Rucking is fucking awful. It’s debilitating exercise that only trains mental toughness.
The problem is most militaries don’t train for strength, rather only cardio and other group based PT. This is hilarious as they expect people to be able to carry heavy loads with dogshit shit packs without any background in strength at all.
It gets even funnier considering they are pushing women into combat roles only to have them go down with stress fractures in the legs. No lead up training of squats or deadlifts to get the required musculature or bone density, just go for a run and do some situps and burpees.
If you want to do something similar thats actually positive get a good civilian pack and go hiking, climbing , canyoning or some other outdoor activity.

>12 miles every quarter
Nigga we did 12 miles every Wednesday with a full weapons draw. Light infantry is just a meat grinder.

Shut up boot

Longer words cause memory overrun.

Ask an old infantry man what rucking does to the body.

>10ks on a monthly basis
>infantry

uhh ur unit sucks balls

I once went hiking with ~20kg/45lbs backpack and I am never gonna do this again. Walked 23km and totally fucked up my hips and knees so I can imagine that rucking is even more shitty.

I got some sweet ass gains from rucking, but it hurt way too god damn much for me to ever do it without the government forcing me to.
I'm all good now though. I don't know what everybody's on about with all this talk of it fucking you up. They probably break easy because they've never done squats and deadlifts.

Had to do the 70km marsh in Finnish military in 2012, at one point the pain in my shoulders was so brutal I could not get my gear off myself, lol
Full combat gear helmet weapon etc, and a huge backpack full of crap like coats, clothes etc. Only for the extra weight as I didn't use any of that during the walking. + Had to carry these 30-40L water containers and land mines between some checkpoints

That *is* the real world, you're the one that took the blue pill and live in a fairy tale.

>6 years of being good goy zog bot in a light infantry battalion.
>literally all my joints are fucked, seriously considering flying to panama to get stem cell therapy so i dont feel like 60yo boomer anymore
>got a pretty comfy payout tho so i can live the premium NEET life i always dreamed of
so no, dont do this autistic shit.

Attached: FB_IMG_1518058158361.jpg (480x632, 30K)

it only makes you better at rucking

but the people here are probably subject to retard tire strategies for rucking

you don't TRAIN rucking with weight heavier than 45-50 lbs area, definitely not around 80-90, if you're doing an event with it then that's fine, or going on missions is fine too, training is the idea that you are doing it regularly 2-3 times a week for months at a time, missions or events will only be intense for a small period, and missions will vary in how much weight you pack

you should also not ruck on roads, or any hard surface for that matter as that will only serve to hurt your joints

ideally, if you are thinking about rucking, you should work on dirt roads or cross-country areas with weights not to exceed 50 lbs, there is also really no need to train for anything above 6 miles, if you can keep around 10 minute mile pace for 6 miles, you will be better than most people, and this will carry over into 12 milers, which may or may not be in formation

the usage is almost entirely for the military, which has higher standards for rucking depending on the unit you are trying to go to, but it has more usage for SOF stuff, which will have you doing aforementioned events and missions, which you just need to train for using said aforementioned techniques of doing it on dirt roads with weight not exceeding 50 lbs with an ideal pace of sub 10 minute miles for distances not to exceed 6 miles

you also need to avoid ruck-running, this is the worst thing, the whole point of a ruck is that you are keeping a good pace, pace is the thing you need to work on

make sure you also do proper hip stretching and leg stretching before this

if you are a civilian the only use for rucking is in a bug-out scenario where you foresee yourself moving across bad terrain and you need to carry your stuff and your weapon

cont.

there is no real excuse for getting 'fucked up' while doing this provided you are training by yourself and following this advice, but given that the military attracts mentally retarded children who are then put into positions of power, you are essentially subjected to public school type of situation where the idea is to push through the group as a whole with as many people passing, and no fucks are given to long term consequences or individual soldiers' progress (contrary to outsider belief, keep this in mind if you are considering joining that no fucks will ever be given to your personal progress by your leadership)

my advice for this type of situation is to just check the block and move on, training on your own time is the only way to improve my friends, good luck

cold-weapon era warriors generally relied on formation and a lot of preperation, and weren't required to be as quick on their feet as modern day soldiers. so they almost always had carts and shit to carry things for them. they probably had a small pack filled with some personal effects, but not much more

>Smoothbore-era soldiers had a decently sized pack, heavy coats, and hard boots all made of natural materials

they didn't carry as much, especially in the case of riflemen in the napoleonic wars

the weight that we carry now exceeds the weight carried in vietnam, when we factor into things like special equipment like the Javelin system we really get into how shit our lives are compared to prior armies

It's good cardio and trains you're body to carry weigh for a distance. If you aren't running, it won't be too harmful. If you ever go hiking, you will need to carry gear, so that has a direct carry-over.

My MMA coach got the stem cell therapy for his knees. Said it was expensive and took a few months to heal, but it did him a world of good.

Thread

Fuck female officers. When my ruck looks like that l get my ass chewed or smoked but she gets some dumbass photo taken. Im so glad l got out.

The real question is how fast did they have to carry that shit?

thats good to hear about your coach user, from what ive read its $10k USD but more than worth it fixes my glass ankles and fucked legs desu.

Holy fuck POGs are faggots.

enitrely bad for you. the only reason military guys do it is cause it gives an army a tactical adv to move heavy kit over long distances without the use of MT. It will fuck you up in the short term if youre unlucky, and long term if you're lucky..

>Can't make it into something everybody gets into because the jews are always accepting willing slaves
Huh?

i dont know if anyone else unit was autistic enough to try and impliment a "light mortar" platoon but that was possibly the most intense thing ive ever experienced rucking 100lb of shit plus an 81 tube over endless miles during a 5 week ex was fucking pure tourment. if your wondering how we carried the rounds every other swinging dick in the battalion had to carry 2 bombs and hump through our pos and drop them off if they needed us to do fire mission lmoa. so happy im out.

>uses muh jews to cope for the fact that he isn't masculine

yikes senpai

Was just gonna say, that’s fucking traaaaash if true. The way this read I’m more inclined to believe it’s a troll

We don’t even have lacrosse where I’m from but every person makes fun of it

lacrosse is to skinny white rich boys what soccer is to skinny Mexican fuck boys

>the real world is fighting for Israel not pursing your own ambitions

Lol good little goy I pay your salary

>POG ever opening his mouth about rucks
>"we were like infantry but" - every POG ever
Fucking shut up, christ

I have killer stamina, running 5 min miles, but my first ruck was brutal. After 6 years of service my shoulders are my favorite part of my body. Even after I got out my shoulders are awesome. I do miss those 12 mile rucks and finishing before everyone else, eating wendy's, then passing out waiting for the last man to finish.

>not wanting to go kill muslims and niggers for free
>making it
pick one

>females rucking
anyone who's been in the army/marines knows this is bullshit

Attached: 1559435758263.jpg (960x720, 217K)

Not him but we do at least a 6 mile every week, and a 12 mile every month or so. Definitely been feeling it this last year. Infantry life will absolutely tear your body apart, we're just not built to move at the speeds required of us with the weight we carry on foot without any negative effect.

>Jews hate Muslims more than whites
>want whites to risk their lives to kill their mortal enemy
>be so brainwashed by Jews you think killing people in desert huts protects midwestern families in any way shape or form

How stupid are you?

Rucking is fucking useless. I did that for a little less than a week for training in the military. It hurts your back when you wear it constantly

>It hurts your back when you wear it constantly
a lot of the weight should be seated at your hips. you're not wearing the pack correctly

Those are technically gains

a lot of the weight should be seated at your hips

almost every infantry unit will haze you to death if you wear the wait belt. Plus, it gets in the way of your TAPS pouches and other equipment mounted to your IOTV. Your best bet is to learn how to pack well and to crank your shoulder straps down to the point where your arms are going numb, but your back and knees will get busted up regardless

>almost every infantry unit will haze you to death if you wear the wait belt
they never hazed me. whenever anyone gave me shit about it i just told them they're retarded for not wearing it

>Plus, it gets in the way of your TAPS pouches and other equipment mounted to your IOTV
it didn't for me. our psg had us run bounding drills in full kit to show us how shit should be work correctly. granted, this was without the ruck but we never had issues with the lap belts. they're there for a reason and if you don't use them you're a retard nigger

>work
worn*

What unit are/you with? I'd fucking love to be in it. Every unit I've gotten to, my lap belt is immediately tucked behind the frame and buckled out of the way. I've seen a few new guys come in and try to wear them which immediately earns them a rousing spot of corrective action.

i was in 4bde 1id 2-16 infantry light infantry before i got out . i just did my 4 and got the fuck out of that bullshit. at least i got a deployment in before i left. some guys with rocks in their heads thought it was hard to not wear the lap belt but i just laughed to myself about it and let go like water off a duck's back.

my recruiter told me i'd hate infantry since i got a 99th percentile on the ASVAB but i wanted to play soldier and be a cool infantry crunchy. what a mistake that was, they're all complete fucking morons and i couldn't relate to any of them on a personal level. i'm not saying i'm a genius but jesus fuck they're idiots

>if i'm in pain that means i'm harder than you!
morons.

>I was a bradley rider so we were like mechanized infantry.

People who say shit like this are the reason we have such a disdain for POGs. We have a shitty fucking miserable job, you chose a more cushy job, there's nothing wrong with that, so stop trying so hard to act like us.

Attached: 1478950480806.png (409x325, 164K)

>hard to act like us
there's nothing hard about moaning to yourself how much marching 12 miles while staring at the ground simply because you have to do it. you must be new to the military, because you grow out of that mindset in a few years

If you run:
Terrible for knees but good for everything else
If you walk or hike:
Good overall assuming you've got strong legs and your knees don't get ruined

Imagine being in 2-16 and not 1-28.

I'm all for women doing the same shit as men, but they've got to carry their own weight. this looks like some quality equestrian feces right here

It's not very hard at all, you're correct. It's also not very hard to refrain from tacking on a "we were basically infantry" at the end of a story about your MOS. The way half of you guys talk about it, you'd think you all desperately wanted to prove yourself as "one of the boys" when it comes to grunts

rangers > black lions

just kidding. they're both gay faggot units for fags