Should a slightly overweight beginner look to lose fat or gain muscle?

Should a slightly overweight beginner look to lose fat or gain muscle?

Attached: Adventure.png (852x944, 70K)

both

If you're a beginner then you should be able to do both at the same time.
Just don't be a cardio bunny, high protein diet, calorie deficit.

gain muscle, thereby losing fat

Attached: Brainlet.jpg (558x614, 18K)

Workout while cutting (eat 1750 calories a day). Once you're to a good BMI, bulk again while continuing to lift. Repeat this while getting stronger

>eat 1750 calories a day
You have no idea how fat this guy is

A little progress is better than no progress. It's easier for recovering fatties to have small goals they'll attain than huge expectations they'll likely go back on. If he just cuts out snacking, soda, and sugary foods he'll probably be under that just off his 3 meals

this, you can recomp as a beginner - ask this again in 6 months

get fucking big, then worry about losing that fat.

Realistically, you're probably gonna need several shots at both to get a good rhythm, but it's easier to cut to low body fat when you're a swole boi already, but easy to pack on mass anytime

i spent a ton of time trying to cut when i first started out, went from 210 -> 150 with several relapses. still couldnt see my abs even though i wasnt even hungry skeleton mode

now im tryna get big, so ill have some actual muscle when i cut again and i wont be a twiggy boi.

My point is that if this guy is a midget, 1750 might be maintenance, and if he's massive it could be like 1000 less than he needs. That's why the -500 exists as a standard rather than a set number

You should be looking to buy another pizza and giving up.

If you're a beginner you should read the sticky. After you're done reading the sticky ignore all the nerds and virgins who will tell you to cut down to Auschwitz or bulk 10lbs every month. Now its time to find a lifting program(can be found in sticky or google) and start lifting. After that look into your diet. Don't worry about cutting until x% bf or bulking to y weight. Just worry about eating good food. No sugar or processed shit. A lot of veggies and protein.

Not OP, but I read through the sticky and was looking to stick to the 5x5 training. What would be ideal on a weekly basis? Like strength training MWF and cardio TR? I don't really know what days you're supposed to let your muscles relax.

>Don't worry about cutting until x% bf or bulking to y weight.
Retarded. If you're fat you need to lose weight

If you're obese yeah. If you're overweight than you should just worry about lifting first.

No, there's no reason why you can't do both

Than cut down to 10% bf from day 1. Nobody will stop you. Just know that you'll make less muscle. Its not a game of wrong or right. Everything has a cost so if you wanna cut on day 1 know that you'll be paying the price just like you'll be paying if you don't want to cut.

>You'll make less muscle
When cutting, then you gain it later. This isn't about the best you can do in the next 3 months, it's about the best you can do for the rest of your life

Or you could make more muscle now and cut later when you've got all the early beginner gains without worrying about being 10% bf

>make more muscle now
Most fat people would rather not be fat

>Slightly overweight.

Post body.

Gaining muscle increases your energy expenditure and raises your BMR. Fucking brainlet.

Gaining fat will also increase your BMR

-500 is cringe tier. Anyone on a proper cut should be at 1000+ calorie deficit a day at least.

True. Which is why I find it so crazy that fatties manage to ever increase their food intake to maintain their size.

barely eat, workout.
get low bodyfat and be skinny asf
then clean bulk (google tdee) to desired weight and eat at maintenance (google tdee!)

You'll never be able to workout on that unless you're actually obese

Why not? If you want to loose body fat than do it quickly. Why anyone would want to drag it out for as long as possible is a strange concept.

YOU HAVE TO LIVE IT

Attached: D3DDC46B-6896-4B34-94CB-091344D26580.png (365x250, 191K)

You'll have little energy and will end up losing lean mass

So your answer is because YOU don't have energy other people must not aswell? Why would you loose lean mass? If you get your protein and exercise your muscles they will not shrink.

>If you get your protein and exercise your muscles they will not shrink.
You can't just lose all fat, it doesn't work like that.