Ok Jow Forums tell me how cringe and memeworthy kettlebells are bc I don't think I saw them mentioned ONCE since I...

Ok Jow Forums tell me how cringe and memeworthy kettlebells are bc I don't think I saw them mentioned ONCE since I started lurking on this board

Attached: 20190129_045406.jpg (4128x3096, 3.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKx8xE8jJZs&t=1002s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>needing affirmation from a vietnamese child-fucking forum
NGMI

Heard this exercise is good.

Thinking about getting s heavy one specifically for this exercise.

Attached: kettlebellswing-1457030481.gif (1080x1080, 685K)

These are great. I also use kettlebells for walking lunges and OHP.

Kettlebell swings don't bend your elbows I think I'm gonna do a lot of those until mine stop hurting. It's been days and they still hurt from I guess too many pull ups. My kettlebell (24kg) has been collecting dust so this is a good excuse to get back into it. It's nifty to have a kettlebell in your toolbox.

Attached: pullups.jpg (628x471, 62K)

Can confirm, swings are great for core muscles and cardio

They're better than deadlifts
>builds all the same boring but crucial muscles as deadlifts since it's a hinge movement
>gets cardio out of the way at the same time so you don't even have to consider anything but lifting iron
>lower learning curve
Swings really are the greatest.

It all just looks like momentum?
I want to, what weight should i buy for just starting?
6'2" 159lbs

I can't think of literally one thing a kettlebell can let you do that either a barbell or a dumbbell can't let you do more effectively.
>Strength training
Barbells and dumbbells are better
>Power training
Do power cleans, power snatches, high clean pulls, box jumps, broad jumps, and probably a lot of other shit, instead of kettlebell faggotry
>Conditioning
Run
>Looking like a complete faggot weighing 165 lbs in a TAPOUT shirt pelvic thrusting a mutant shotput
Kettlebells

Every man should start with 24kg. That's what that Russian fucker Pavel recommends. Shit will feel heavy then when it gets to easy you can go 1 arm. Read Simple & Sinister.

I use them to warm up for squats and deadlifts, doing a set of 20 swings as soon as I get to the gym warms me up and shocks me into gym mode when I don't feel like lifting. I only progress the weight when its started to feel way too easy currently using 28kg for my warmup swangs. They're also good for farmers walks because the handles are a lot fatter than the dumbbell handles for extra grip gainz

If I had to travel for some reason it'd be cool to have one in the car, you could do a decent emergency workout with a decently heavy kettlebell. Swings, ohps, getups, I guess you could do one arm floor presses

Comrade, just how new are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=cKx8xE8jJZs&t=1002s

Listen to Pavel, and get stronger.

I prefer barbells for every other compound movement lift I do, but the first time I used kettlebells for farmer's walks instead of barbells I never looked back. Compact size so I don't slap equipment or other people by accident on the gym floor like what would happen every so often with barbells, and better grips than dumbbells or plates.

you have to catch the weight dude, it's a bloody workout. I started with 16kg at 182cm 80kg and it was kinda heavy for me for moves like overhead but swings were alright

24kg was too heavy for me, I started with 16kg :(

Pretty new, but I do listen to Pavel. After half a year of just kettlebells (I already bought them and I prefer working out at home) I found out that my chest is nonexistant

Comrade, might I suggest you read the Naked Warrior by Pavel.

The book outlines a bare bones body weight routines that focuses on the one armed push up and the pistol squat. The book could help you with the home gym set up. I will admit, kettlebells mainly focus on the posterior chain, so finding a modality to focus on the chest would be a wise idea. Personally, I think your next step should be to find yourself a second hand Olympic Barbell and weights to add to your home gym set up and start working floor presses for your nonexistent chest.

Attached: 987.jpg (1200x1306, 344K)

Thank you Comarade for your advice

Happy to help. We are all going to make it, especially you comrade.

Attached: 1467425604810.jpg (780x1133, 100K)

if your goals involve lifting heavy weights or getting big, it's quite literally useless

He will be deaf afterwards.

What are push ups, what are floor presses?

This is the reason I have kettlebell basically. Swings are really good and can help you with back pain if you do them properly.
Also two kettlebell snatch looks really manly.

idk man. i'm not big enough to mess with cardio and all acessory bullshit like kettlebells

>comrade
>Not Jow Forumsomrade

Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here.

This is one of the hardest workouts I ever done

Attached: wr.png (721x656, 266K)

>>Conditioning
>Run
Kettlebells are superior for training anaerobic capacity for combat sports

only advantage I can think of is kettlebell movements require less learning than barbell alternatives

Kettlebells are awesome, it's just that Jow Forums is full of DYELs who think having large muscles would make them attractive to women.
This.
Can confirm, you basically get the benefits of deadlifts and cardio in one compact exercise.
Source?

I have a 35lb one and i haven't built my muscle with it

He's right about the tapout thing. Kettle bell swings are good for explosiveness in combat athletes so they can heem big meathead powerlifters

It's just a weight, how can it be cringe?
As long is it's heavy everything is fine, just don't see it as a replacement for dumbbells or barbells.

Just got done with a workout with my 48kg/106lb kettlebell. I do a lot of 2 handed swings with it for cardio, working my way up to 1 handed swings with it.

Everyone should have at least a 24kg-32kg kettlebell lying around at home or in their apartment. It's great for cardio, explosiveness and for strengthening the posterior chain

Attached: 1487960227614.jpg (500x645, 235K)

turkish get ups or banded kettlebell swings only.

Do you keep your shoulders pulled back while swinging?

Yep, with heavier kettlebells the set-up is a little bit more important.
Feet shoulder width, squeeze glutes, tense abs, look straight ahead and pack/pull back shoulders into a stable position.
I notice that if i get lazy with the shoulders in later sets the kettlebell is more likely to pull me off balance

kettlebells are pretty cheap and you need almost no space for your workout, so they might be a good choice for the budget user

can i build a strong core doing these?

Yes, swings build strong backs, glutes and abs, they're actually more of a core than leg exercise.

Absolutely you can user

thanks buddehs. what would be the ideal weight for a total noob?

Depends on your level of fitness. If you have a sports store nearby, just go there and check out kettlebells (even if you buy online afterwards), rule of thumb: if you would have a serious problem carrying it to your car without assistance, it's too heavy for you. You could also buy more than one, if it turns out you have to start with something like 8 or 12 kg, you will progress quickly to higher weight.

Absolute noob level kettlebell for man is 16kg (8kg for woman).

When I started without any lifting prior to this I went with 12 kg

Kettlebells are legitimately great, it's just that most here only care about aesthetics, which you can get with KBs, but is beside the point of them.

16kg is what the untrained man should start with

he recommends 12 - 16kg i think

>cardio
can i get away with just doing this for conditioning with light weight? will it fuck with recovery?

If you're over 70kg (185lbs) then go with 16kg, if you're a small manlet like me, start with 12kg.