What is the best advice you ever received for building your chest?

What is the best advice you ever received for building your chest?

Attached: 8fc4f5276a006610ea00e9e28bd9336a.jpg (540x534, 68K)

Flat bench is pointless. Incline is where it's at.

just looked at arnold in his best years of having a really meaty chest and his favourite of dumbell chest flyes is actually really awesome but I would say i enjoy the pump better from incline dumbell chest press

somehow i just barely feel a chest pump from bench press at all in comparison to either of those 2

and yes, i feel that bench press is the most stupid exercise ever

Bench more, add more bench variations, weighted dips, and incline chest flies.

pic related is my chest. I consider it a strong point of my physique. I do a lot of heavy flat bench and high volume cable and dumbbell flys till failure and I get insane chest pumps. "feeling" and contracting your chest in all exercises is crucial.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-21-17-47-50(1).png (1189x1080, 1.2M)

Reverse grip hits the upper (aesthetic) pecs the hardest even more than incline, and can be easier on your shoulders; just don't push it without safety bars or a spotter.

UGGGGGH AAAAAAAAAAH IM COOOOOOOOOOOOOMING

Switch to dumbbells

Just do the damn flyes

incline dumbbell bench first every single time, ditch the barbell.

when you grip the dumbbell, hold it so that the thumb side of your hand is all the way against the plate on one side like so Io--I instead of I-o-I

do a BIG cable fly dropset at least 3x week, made me see huge gains in my chest and helps you really feel and contract the muscle

do all these and I guarantee your chest will get bigger

Bench press every other day

3 sets of 10
2 sets of max

>i feel that bench press is the most stupid exercise ever

guess how i know you've got a shit bench, faggot

Attached: 1544922362901.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Thanks for posting this whore

Attached: 1568096271466.jpg (623x466, 151K)

i knew someone was gonna post this

im going to be perfectly honest with you, it took me many many years, far more than anyone would expect but im still powerful in bench after ive trained for so many years but its still just an exercise thats too much based on technique and form

the pump and contraction is minimal compared to a majority of other chest exercises

Two heavy chest sessions a week. Include dumbbell work and hit both flat and incline bench. Pushups everyday. High number of heavy sets. I usually hit around 12 sets between incline and flat bench on a chest day. Set rep ranges from 3-10.

And do your weighted dips.

b-b-b-BASED!

tl;dr version: "i'm a faggot with a shit bench who insists on avoiding the subject"

Dips and dumbbell flys.

tell me this, is bench press mostly about technique & form and not about your actual strength ?

simple yes or no question

I've never received any personal advice about how to go about building my chest.

why that grip instead of the regular way?

Mirin

Attached: 42E22EA6-7CA4-48FA-9241-A78CCE07DD8C.png (530x492, 13K)

It most definitely is a test of chest strength and anyone strong knows this. Just because some people take on retarded form to hit higher PRs doesnt discredit the whole exercise.

Progressive overload and VOLUME > INTENSITY

cable flies really ache my chest. Made more gains through that than incline dumbell pressing, i start touching my chest more

lol

bench press volume (good form)

would you advise on supersetting db flies with cable? I currently do flat bb, incline db and chest dips.

>still avoiding the subject

lmao, DEFINITELY a weak faggot with a shit bench. this ass wipe probably struggles with 95 pounds.

Attached: 1505688544371.png (830x770, 1.3M)

Read the fucking sticky and stop coomposting

Benchlet detected.

I've got to agree with Hank on this one, you're a tard, do flat bench and stop worrying about "pump." And post body.

It takes fucking ages, just keep doing it.
-Scooby

post body

barbell flyes

ring dips and chest press machine at the end of every workout until failure.

Wait so if I do 100 bp reps of the barbell I’ll see better gains ? GEE MISTER i wonder why no one listens to you

Since this is a chest thread-

Does doing flat bench with the J-shape form help with hypertrophy? Or is it mainly a powerlifting thing to help get bigger numbers?

because it puts more tension on the chest throughout the entire range of motion, try it a few times, you should be able to feel the difference

yes

Just watched 2 YT videos of Larry Wheels and Buff Dudes doing flat bench, seems like they generally just keep a straight bar path unless going for a 1rm, so sounds like bigger numbers.

How much you bench?