Is a 3 plate deadlift considered good by the average person?

I've literally never seen anyone deadlift 3 plates at my big commercial gym. I often see people deadlifting piss easy amounts that I'd use for my warmup, usually between 1 plate to 2 plates. I assume this would be very different at a powerlifting gym, but at a regular gym and by regular people, is a 3 plate deadlift really this rare? Or is it literally just my gym?

Attached: Florian-Munteanu.11.jpg (850x730, 211K)

dont compare yourself to mediocre ppl

I diddly a bit over 3 plates, like 3 plates for 5 reps (I don't do one rep maxes) , and it's pretty rare in my commercial gym.
Even the 2 dedicated natties do one rep maxes with 405, there's a strongman looking guy who shows up and throws 405 on for 3-4 reps. All pull conventional.
The frauds at my gym don't deadlift at all.

How much is 3pl8s ?

I can deadlift 3 plates and I'm 140 pounds so no.

Deadlifting is for DYELS and faggots

I think so, but most people aren't very committed so they don't really get strong. It will be uncommon, but few people would consider it strong, if that makes sense. In the same sense that being able to do 10 pullups in a row isn't particularly impressive, but most guys wouldn't be able to do it.

Jow Forums has warped your expectations. A 3pl8 deadlift is well above average.
>haha dude if you don't make 2/3/4/5 in 6 months you're NGMI
Meanwhile in reality the average gym goer is a 130lb onions who only does cheat curls and treadmill.

315lbs or 140Kg.

>tfw 345 deadlift and still look duel

oof

>counting the bar

Attached: kissapäärynä.jpg (1018x1024, 110K)

I never see mediocre or average people at the gym (apart from myself i guess). It's always beginners or super Jow Forums people who lift huge. There never seems to be any in-between.

>3pl8 deadlift is well above average
It's not

It took me 2.5 years to squat 225. 5 years to deadlift 315.
5 years to ohp 135 with off and on training.

That was with perfect consistent diet and consistent training.

I dont know how its physically possible to 1234 in a year.

Ik know one of the strongest and best built people in my gym and I only see 1-10 other people move the same weight that I do. Maybe only 2 people can move more than me. It's a pretty big gym.

I've only seen one person in my gym DL 3 plates

This has to be bait. I'm not even one of those "hurr 6 months to 1/2/3/4, do you even lift", but jfc 5 years to a 3pl8 diddly? How is that even possible.

They obviously mean compared to genpop, which it is.

>with off and on training.
>That was with perfect consistent diet and consistent training.
Uhmmm

Also
>ohp 135
Unironically achievable in 6 months, if you're not completely auschwitz dyel.

Attached: rmyt3.jpg (800x793, 41K)

Somewhat, but not really. Everyone is able to achieve 3plate diddy, but most people don't train diddy.
I remember when I first hit 3 plate I was extatic, It's the first milestone that I considered somewhat strong from what I started from. Then I passed it pretty quick and hit 4 plates in few months, without gaining much weight.

>2.5 years to squat 2pl8
>5 years to deadlift 3pl8

Lol wut, are you a woman?

>perfect consistent diet

This might explain things. Did you fall for the lean bulk meme?

This is the same for me. 1 incredibly based natty missing half his arm that pulls 4pl8, 1 natty who pulls 3.5, me who reps 3pl8 and only 1 rpider who pulls 5pl8.

I'll dead lift 1x12 1 plate, 1x8 2 plate, 3x6 3 plate, and 3x1 for like 3.5 plate at the Coast Guard Academy.

Some of the Cadets I've seen do 4 plate for reps, but they have young destructible bodies and I'm a Boomer.

For the average lifter in the gym it's okay

For the average autistic powerlifter and Jow Forums poster it's peanuts

3plate deadlift is usually a sign of someone who is genetically gifted for deadlifting, or someone who have worked out for a few months/1 year [depending on how skinny you are].
Within my first year i hit 407lbs.

So a 3 plate deadlift is not good, but its not directly bad either. If you compare yourself to the average non gym goer its good ,but if you compare yourself to a regular gym goer its fairly average/bad.

The thing you have to realize about people going to the gym, is that they are HIGHLY RETARDED. For instance my friend joins me to the gym, and when im doing calculated programs that actually work and getting close to a 405 bench, he is still jerking off to doing like 2 sets of benchpress, then the rest of the time hes doing triceps and a little bit of biceps and taking selfies.
He doesnt wanna squat because hes bad at it, if hes going to deadlift he only does 1 rep and thats it. His first time deadlifting he managed to do like 340lbs or something, which is really great and shows his potential, but even after a few months he only SOMETIMES can do 340 because he never deadlifts for more than 1 set of 1 rep.
He doesnt even care to do any pull ups/lat pull downs. Its all about arms, a little bit of chest, and a little bit of abs. He will NEVER make it, even though he has great genetics for adding muscle, because he is fucking stupid.

If you go to a proper powerlifting gym, you will see people hit 405 within their first year, and more people than not (who are men) will be able to deadlift 495+. Simply because they work out in a manner that is going to stimulate strength.

If you go to the gym and you just look at what sort of programs/exercises/setsxreps people are doing, you will just see how little experience or knowledge they actually have.

Pathetic ngl

This is why I enjoy going to a shitty commercial gym full of DYEL pajeets: I look strong in comparison.

If I ever go to a powerlifting gym I'd get mogged by some chinese girl benching what I can squat KEK

I deadlift over 6 plates so get fucked retards

Another example of my retarded friends working out is friend #2, who started doing deadlifts with about 80kg, and when we worked out he managed to get close to 100kg (working sets, usually 5x5), but i had to start working out at my main gym instead, so he started working out with his other friends.
Like 3 months later, he is still deadlifting around 90kg for 5x5, even though he was able to do 100kg for 5x5 when he worked out with me 3 months prior?? Simply because he has so little experience and knowledge about working out. He could definitely deadlift 140kg+ by now if he actually pushed himself a little bit more.

Another example is my cousin who wanted to improve his benchpress, arms and traps and shoulders; Exactly those muscles that are my best features! I try to show him the exercises i do, the intensity, programs, etc.
But he simply shrugged it off and said he had found a program from a youtube channel (took a look at them; theyre on steroids lmao, anything works for them) and he wanted to copy that instead. Never wanting to progress his weights or take my advice... And as most people; he didnt want to squat because it was "weird" and a "female exercise".

Thats true! I go to a commerical gym because the closest powerlifting gym is like 45 minutes away.
You will get mogged by a lot of people at powerlifting gyms, but atleast you will get solid advice and progressions, so you can mog everyone else who isnt a powerlifter :D

Im a completely average schmo (5'10, 190lb) who has never really tried too hard with diet or lifting programs as consistently as I'd like. I didnt lift for close to a year when my first kid was born. First day back, I racked up 2pl for reps. Hit 3pl in a few months.

However, my bench really fell off. Def struggled with that. Always have.

On a side note, dad gains are legit for real.

>in reality the average gym goer is a 130lb onions who only does cheat curls and treadmill.
People always say this but every gym I've gone to, whether it's been at an apartment complex, at work, or some commercial gym, always has a lot of extremely jacked dudes who mog the fuck out of anyone who hasn't been lifting for at least two years

> Is a 3 plate deadlift considered good by the average person?

No, not even in commercial GYMs that is good.

4pl8 is when you are going to start turning heads.

>>I dont know how its physically possible to 1234 in a year.

Its very possible to reach those numbers in a year if you follow a good program/diet (and more so if you are willing to get a little fat)

Most people in my gym who pull 3pl8+ do it sumo; most hang around 3-4pl8, though there was this guy who used to pull 8pl8 but he doesn't come to my gym anymore

>deadlift 75kg yesterday for 3x5+
>left forearm gets tired at like the third rep
>gives up

what the fuck am i that weak? how can i strengthen my left foerarm?

There are skinny Mexican teenagers diddlying 3pl8+ at my gym

at my uni gym, i've never seen anyone pull more than 4pl8 but staff might be stopping people who attempt it (there are a couple guys who look like they deadlift regularly but i've never seen them do it here). i did see a guy c+j 185lbs and get scolded by some latina lardass (not staff just some roastie) so it wouldn't surprise me too much if the same type of people complained for other heavy compounds

wtf, how are you turds so weak. I started at 26 yrs old, 68kg and within a year my max was 4 plate double overhand diddly at 72kg bodyweight. You just need to work out harder and work on flexibility.
top guy at the gym ive aeen can do 6plate . He is at least 110kg bodyweight tho

I’ve been training for 11months and my best lifts are 145/benchisforpowershidders/335/375
Gonna attempt 405 on my one year liftiversary

If you did any beginner strength program, started with a 45lb squat and 95 lb deadlift, and added an average of 15 lbs a week, you would hit a 265 squat and 315 dl (for reps) in under 4 months. Almost any man can do this. That's all it takes, and it shows just how little discipline and patience most men have today.

How does he deadlift while missing half an arm? Genuinely curious.

Grab the bar on the center knurl

depends on bodyweight, for my bodyweight (160), 3 pl8 is strong

if you're some 6'4'' guy you better be deadlifting 4pl8

Kek I don't even train deadlift and I can do 3.5 plates for 5
Y'all hungry skeletons need to bulk
PS not a fattie 5'11" 187 lbs

That sounds about right. Did you start on a beginner's LP program? If so, at what point did progress slow, and what did you switch to after? I'm at about 120/160/200/250/300 for reps for ohp/row/bp/sw/dl and it's definitely getting harder to add weight now.

Yeah I've seen fewer than 10 people dl over 3pl8 whereas I've seen many dozens do less than that. Only seen 2 guys do over 4 plate.

3 plates is like 142.5kg?
Yeah, I can do that.
With plenty of warming up, and 1RM, but I can do it.

I'm a fat cunt though.

I did SS two days a week for the first two months got me to like 95/155/225/235 for reps, then I started doing SS three days a week, progressing SQ/DL on Monday and Friday and doing light squats and rows on Wednesday. This lasted another 3-4 months and got me to 120/190/315/315 for reps. This is where I was stalling and had to move to weekly progression

I also did lots of DB bench/latpulldowns/curls on M/F if I still had energy. There was no real method to these tho

I saw someone squatting 210 kg (465 lbs) in my gym the other day.

Commercial gym, I had never seen anyone squatting more than 3½ pl8 before that day.

i lift at a commercial gym and have been lifting for 10 years.

As i recall, deadlifting 3-4 plates will look like TO THE AVERAGE NONLIFTER/ CASUAL GYM GOER "ok he's pretty strong but what a retarded exercise, why is he doing that? he's obviously a douche"

to an EXPERIENCED LIFTER:
"lmao, weak little faggot. keep up the good work though"

its not until you start hitting 5 plates and up that literally everyone in the gym will have respect for you and not question why youre doing that exercise

this goes for:
1.5 plate on OHP
2.5 plates for reps on bench
3 plates on squat
^^^^^^^
and this is for normal gymgoers.

anything below 2/3/4/5 is seen as weak by people who actually lift consistently for years

drug addict pinners don't (you) me

This is basically true, I go to my university gym and all the actually strong guys are at least like 405 squat for reps 275 bench for reps and 500+ deads for reps. I'm starting to get there at 365 highbar squat, 395x10 deadlift, and 255 bench. I'm one of the only people who's actually in between weak fucks and the strong guys

took me 50 years to hit 1/2/3/4 im telling you guys Jow Forums has your brain all warped up expecting these numbers fast

50? I bet you're taking steroids kid a REAL NATTY takes a MINIMUM of 100 years to hit 1/2/3/4

>tfw 460 deadlift and still look duel

oof

I've only been going gym for 6 months so I can only deadlift 110kg for reps. People look at me weird because I'm skinny as fuck and do deadlifts since only fatties deadlift at my gym.

i'm dling 135kg and i've been working out for literally 2 months
i'm 6' nothing and 188 pounds. idk what the average is for my weight and time spent, ive done pplxppl since i started tho

I'm at a quasi powerlifting gym. It's a mix, but still has the town's reputation as being the most serious gym. I can do 3.5 plate deadlifts for reps (three....) and it's one of the best in the whole place. Only guy who does better than me is this Thor character who can do 5 plates. The rest seem to do between 2-3, and it's only natty lifters doing it. All the roid heads never deadlift or squat.

Tfw go to a 24fitness. Tfw 57kg gf pulls lmao3pl8 beltless, tfw other 57kg girl hit 380 in a recent (tested) meet.

Most scrawny cucks think 315 is alot though.

I have never seen a girl squat or dl over like 185 lbs lol

I've been in the gym for two years, deadlifting for 1.5 and just hit 200kg for 5 a few days ago.

What the fuck were you doing?

The most I've seen someone deadlift at my commercial gym is 280kg (or 617lbs), but he seems to be an anomaly. He's an 84kg powerlifter so he's really strong for his weight, but most people at my gym are bodybuilder babbies that do lower amounts for reps.

Seems like you might just be at a worse than average gym.

My gyms got the numbers for max bench/deadlift/squat and weightclasses marked on the wall and you just gotta ask staff if you can test for one of them.

When I go theres 3 guys who can bench 285+
3 guys who.can deadlift 4pl8+
And maybe 6-7 people who can squat 315+ including one older chick who squats 315 and one giant bugman who has no idea what hes doing but could probably be strongman material with a little training.

sumo doesn't count

How did it take you that long to get 2pl8s? It legit only took me 3 months. I’m not even meme’ing here

I diddly 515 at 6'3 / 180lbs dude, reconsider your shit.

Bruh I OHP'd 1pl8 on my first day at the gym. What the fuck? Your diet and routine were absolute garbage if you think that that progress is reasonable.

Use straps and train your forearms on the warmups and with grippers.

1/2/3/4 or go home bruh.

Trying to teach your friends how to lift is so so frustrating, I just threw the towel after my dyel friend told me I'm wrong to do progressive overload instead of liting what you feel.

Wth, bro. I squated 225 on my first week and Diddy 315 after a month.

What is 1/2/3/4

Always see it but not sure what it is

DO NOT USE STRAPS YOU FUCKING RETARD.
Start doing forearm curls with the bar, start doing curls with the bar, start doing skullcrushers with the bar, and stop being a pussy and letting go when you get slightly tired. You need to work for this shit, it's not a matter of being tired, it's a matter of you being too fucking lazy and too goddamn stupid to realize that you should be working your forearms, triceps, shoulders, back, neck, core, etc. if you want to do full body compounds. Do accessories as I listed above, and focus on pushing through "tired". DO NOT use straps or gloves or anything else. You should never, ever have to wear gear for any lift. If you're wearing gear, you're not strong enough to perform that lift. That's all there is to it. If you can't diddly 1.5pl8 for reps, back down to 1.25 and work up from there.
>tfw went from a 2pl8 to 5pl8 diddly in six months
Stop being faggots and start fucking working out. DO ACCESSORIES, DO NOT USE STRAPS.

t. bloatlord

>Bruh I OHP'd 1pl8 on my first day at the gym

Attached: ZTW2Ixh.jpg (608x811, 216K)

1 pl8 OHP, 2 pl8 bench, 3 pl8 squats, 4 pl8 Diddy.

That's what you get when your parents are normal people and encourage you to play sports from a young age.
t. haven't done less than 20 pullups since 6th grade, and not a DYEL lanklet

Lol bro almost no one cares about strength training. Think about it this way, only a small portion of the population goes to the gym. Within that already small portion another small portion. actually cares about strength. It's easy to figure out why 3pl8s seem a lot of weight to most people.

Wow holy fuck what a monster

Damn bro I hope my progress is as good as yours. My goal is 150kg deadlift in my first year of training.

Those are some pretty high standards bro

This is a big city problem. I'm from way up North and everyone I lifted with just wanted to be strong as fuck, we were all basically shooting to be superhuman. I watched my buddy, feet planted bending over the edge of a roof, pull my other (185lb) friend by his wrist with enough force and fluidity that the kid landed on his fucking feet on the roof. Like, he straight one-arm rowed an entire person. That was the kind of shit we were going for. I moved down to the SW and in a much bigger city and all these faggots want to do is go in to target their lats so that they look like they do something other than sit at a desk all day.

>Few months
Thanks user. I needed this. I was wondering why I wasn't doing 4pl8s for reps after the first month. I got to 3pl8 pretty quickly and stalled.

>Diddy 315 after a month
How? Is that even possible?

There's nothing to do in Alaska. That's why all they do is lift

Not Alaska, Minnesota. Hyper-liberal terrorist recruitment state. We woodsboys wanted our super strength for the impending Sharia law in the Midwest. I wish we had lived in Alaska.

And with that goal in mind you only deadlift 3pl8s bro? Cmon man I'm just a clueless dyel but that doesnt sound impressive at all

I did 3 pl8s for 3 reps without ever really deadlifting prior at 140 lbs bodyweight. Then again I struggle to squat anything over 1 pl8 for more than 5 reps so ig it's pretty subjective.

I'm this guy dude. I don't know anyone else in my height/weight range that can diddly as much as I can with good form. Take my advice or not, I'm still shooting for superstrength.

I Diddy twice a week and added 10lbs every work out. I started at 225 though. I wasn't straight bones when I started lifting.

Sumo?

eat more twink

there's no fucking way you can use enough leg drive to deadlift 3pl8 but not squat more than 1pl8

Shoulder-width. Don't fuck around with stupid footwork, that's only going to throw your hips out. Same thing I tell people when they say they had to start with wide-stance squats because there "legs aren't built for it". Hard truth, due to numerous factors, the muscles required for a shoulder-width stance squat are just un- or overworked, and they need to start at a weight they can perform that lift at, and then move up. Foot position changes outside of a natural ROM is fucking stupid, and in some cases like sumo, cheating.

B-but my 3 pl8 squats. I'm going to have to drop 90lb to get perfect form.

you may be right. it's probably a combination of shitty form and lack of confidence in my squat. I also hurt my back squatting all the way back in like 8th grade and it has never recovered right.

It's honestly not that good. I also went to a commercial gym for a while and the most I ever saw was like 275. When I started going to my university gym I saw lots of people doing 405+. Not even big people- just average size athletes.

The simple fact is that most normies at gyms either go because they’re following the herd or because they want to look good. The majority of non-sport lifters don’t care about their numbers.
My own experience: 3pl8 is not a lot on deadlift. I hit 325 at 5’10” ~154lbs when I was 17 and strength training for sports consistently for about a year. Now I’m 6ft ~160lbs and just getting back into lifting after a half year off. I pulled 275x5 at the gym the first day back. Most serious Pwr lifters at my uni gym pull 4-6pl8

Attached: 40455FDD-D215-4847-A068-98194EC92959.jpg (1052x1244, 264K)

yeah for people who have been lifting for less than 2 years

you are still "non-lifter" status if you have been lifting for less than 2 years unless you have great genetics.

you can say you actually "lift" when you are 1/2/3/4. anything under and you are absolutely no different than non-lifters

Then you drop 90lbs. Do you want to be super strong or super gay?

>tfw lifting for a year and half
>2/2.5/3.5/5
Make your kids play sports and go hiking , faggots.

Your friends sounds like a pretty cool guy. You in the other hand sound like an autistic mongoloid