OK, bros, I joined the gym last week. I need advice on which routine to follow

OK, bros, I joined the gym last week. I need advice on which routine to follow.

I was following the C25K program and Starting Strength (pic attached).

But yesterday my trainer gave me a new routine.
my trainers routine:

Running 10 mins
Cycling 10 mins
Pushups 3x10
Assisted Pull up 3x10
Butterfly 3x10
Military Press 3x10
Air Squats 3x20
Lunges 3x20
Barbell Curl 3x10
D/B Extension 3x10
Battle Rope 20 secs, 5 rep
Floor Sit up 5x15

I weigh 81 kg, height 6'0ft and over 20% bodyfat
which routine do I acrually follow ?

Attached: 69877507_1157423677779526_8318897442380578816_n.jpg (3024x4032, 1.91M)

Oh, And my waist is 37 inch
hip 42 inch
and neck 15 inch

Your trainers routine sucks dick. Did they tell you how to progress on weights? The only reason I could imagine to do their routine is if you aren't flexible enough to do the compound lifts or can't lift an empty bar. Fire them.

Similar question (posted it in /mag already but whatever)
I will start boxing next week and have question for you anons... how do i incorporate lifting in? I will box once a week and fitness 2/week. Im considering Upper A Upper B and fuck legs mode. Anyone have similar experience? (Hard college so dont have time for more gym)

didn't tell me anything. I filled up a form and he handed me this routine. Do I stick with my current routine then ?

Not this anyway. Do some strenght shit for a few months like SS, SL, Grayskull, Ivysaur etc. Then switch to PHUL or PPL

he gave you a routine you can do at home, while the routine in your picture is something for a gym.
did you pay for a gym membership to do a home workout in public?
find a trainer to teach you the compound lifts.

>sit ups
meme exercise

i would recommend using grayskull, not SS. worked better for me, anyway

>cycling for 10 mins

what a fucking joke if you get on a bike you better not get off for at least an hour,its like doing 1 push up doing it for 10 mins lmao fucking noob get on my level

Ignore that idiot. Stick with your routine until you start stalling. Always, always focus on strength first, then only switch to focusing on hypertrophy or endurance or whatever AFTER you have decent lifts. Invest in strength first, then use that strength to reach your goals faster. Wait until you are at least near 135ohp/170row/225bp/280sq/320diddly for reps. This is the approximately where your progress will start to slow on a beginner's LP program. After that you now have a decent strength base and can do whatever you want and will ultimately reach your goals much, much more faster in the long run.

Your trainer is a fucking idiot OP.

Find a trainer who can at the very minimum demonstrate a 3pl8 squat.

That is a perfectly respectable conditioning routine. If you're looking a conditioning routine by all means follow it. If you're looking to build strength or mass stick to what you started with.
I'm noticing a trend for personal trainers to build routines just to smoke their clients. Make them tired, make them think they're doing something. For all I know it's customer driven, maybe normies don't like paying a personal trainer to tell them "do these 4-5 simple exercises, start with the bar" so they come up with 10 different exercises that you'll feel after the first day.

Attached: 1566840165288.webm (480x480, 2.88M)

Judge my routine please, I tried to mix strenght and volume workouts in a 4 day split

Attached: workout.png (1063x544, 22K)

>this
greyskull all the way... it's like the best shit you can do

DO YOUR HAMSTRING CURLS

really very bad. shit frequency

This?

Attached: Phraks-Greyskull-LP.jpg (800x689, 151K)

That's a fantastic beginner's routine. Don't be afraid to skip some rest days or add extra sets after a few weeks if you feel like it's too easy. I did a variation of the this but did 1/2/3/1/2/3/x while only increasing my lifts by half as much. My strength progressed at the same speed overall but I'm sure I burned way more fat and gained more muscle mass due to the increased volume. Overtraining is a lot harder than people think, just eat a shit ton of meat and get enough sleep and you'll be able to handle way more volume and frequency than most people think.

One i was thinking of starting. Got any good alternative to chinups? I don't think i could even do one in my current state. I know there is like assisted and all that shit, but i'd honestly just rather do something else.

Judge my routine

A
Snatch 10x2
Squat 1x1, 1x4, 2x8
Incline press/incline db 1x14, 2x8
Curl 1x14, 2x8

B
Power clean 10x2
Clean pull 1x14, 2x8
Single arm front raise 1x14, 2x8
Seated shoulder press 1x14, 2x8

Rest

C
Clean 10x2
Superset
Pull up 1x14, 2x8

Front squat, 1x1, 1x4, 2x8
Superset
Push up 1x14, 2x8

D
Clean + 2 jerks, 10x2
Snatch pull 1x14, 2x8
Curl 1x14, 2x8
Seated shoulder/front raise 1x14, 2x8

>I don't think i could even do one in my current state.
Why? Are you fat or just weak? If you're fat, then yeah maybe focus on losing weight and just do curls for now. If you're just weak, then don't worry about it, you'll be able to do them in no time with some solid effort. Start by doing negatives on your chinups days. As many as possible as often as possible, but give yourself as much rest time as you want, even if it's like 5-10 minutes. Do this until you can do say 5 sets of 8 negatives. By then you should be able to do one real chin up. Now try to replace your first negative of your first set with a real chin up. Then do the same for your second, third, etc until you've got one real chinup on each set. Then do the same to increase it to 2, then 3, and so on until you can do as many as you want. The exact numbers aren't too important, just remember this basic progression pattern because it works. Anyone can do chinups. Unless you're fat, then you've got bigger problems anyway.

>i'd honestly just rather do something else.
You only say that because you think they're too hard right now, but nothing compares to chinups for building bicep size and strength. Don't avoid them. Just google "can't do chinups" and you'll find a hundred routines similar to

Is something like this really enough for a beginner? It looks like it could be done in like 20 minutes.

Do bro splits

It's plenty for strength, and if you can do it in 20 minutes then your weights are too low. Also it's meant to be modified by adding accessories. After a few weeks it felt like I could do more though so I did it six days a week, but I rotated ohp/ip/dips/ohp/ip/dips for chest/shoulders, and instead of adding weight on chins and dips I did 5 sets and added more and more reps. I also did core work daily and eventually I added calf raises and some forearm/grip work. It ended up being a very balanced routine for me and kept my strength symmetrical.