Behind the neck press

Can we finally conclude on this lift?

Is it really that dangerous to do if you aim for higher rep ranges(10-15)?

Is it only dangerous if you have shitty mobility?
If yes,what do you work on to fix that?

Attached: c955fe12e8422937be79d036f1635938.jpg (1224x850, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/stretch-with-weights-to-build-muscle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try it, if it hurts don't do it, if it doesn't hurt go for it.

Does behind the neck press target muscles that the overhead press doesn't?

The answer is it’s fine, you just need mobile shoulders/t-spine. Also god damn does the pump from this exercise feel good.

Work up to an 8-10 rep max on it and you’ll feel it

It used to be really popular, but a lot of people got injured doing it. There's absolutely no reason to bring back a shitty lift that history proved was a bad idea.

the benefits are simply not worth the potential injuries, especially since there are much safer exercises targeting the same muscles.

>t. People who don’t BTN press

Is the OHP dangerous? would it be dangerous with dumbbells?

just do it on a smith machine with safety clamps on if youre so afraid or lack experience with form

switching each rep with behind the neck and in front gives the most amazing pump ever, totally cooming pumps

Attached: heu.jpg (848x1200, 308K)

Mobilitylets, when will they learn?

If your mobility is really that shit, OHP at least 2x a week for like 2-3 months before you start to get them used to going overhead more

OHP is safe as long as your legs and core aren't shit. If you have to arch your back to get it to full extension you need to work those more. OHP is one of the safest lifts, but maintaining form is a bitch. DB overheads are fine, but I recommend the Arnold Press as a supp to strict OHP if you're going to be fucking around with db's.
Your joints physically are not made to hold weight in that position. It's not a matter of mobility, it's a matter of performing a function that our muscles and bones aren't designed for, your pump might be sick from it, but it's not healthy in the long run. Do them if you want to be yuge, but don't complain when you're 40 and have fucked up rotator cuffs.

I OHP everyday, 2pl8, and you're a tard. Stop suggesting people do lifts that they're not supposed to be doing on a biological basis.

Attached: 1568284645412.jpg (1361x1080, 140K)

explain to me how joint arent made to hold something behind your neck over you shoulders instead of in front of your chest, we've probably transported several tons of resources since before teh stoneage this way

stop bullshitting people please

worthless exercise with less rom and in a weaker position thus allowing to use less weight

Just normal OHP bruh

started doing them to work on my mobility and strength in that position because I'm trying to learn how to snatch. felt like i was going to rip my arms off at first but adapted pretty quick. because of the better position I can nearly btn push press as much as ohpp now, strict its a lot harder than ohp though.

I bet you guys think leaning back on The Press will give you a hernia too

Great exercise. Hits the delts AND traps in a way front side presses can not. Do them fag! DO THEM!!!

been lifting for 10 years natty.

I OHP 2 plates for a 1rm

Behind The Neck Press™ feels amazing. yeah, you can fuck your shit up and LOL if you do.

grab a bench, go to a power rack. place the safety bars right below your max range of motion, and press. there is no other exercise that gives me a good should ligament stretch like the BNP™

you Presslets® should only be using a 10 or 25lb on each side. i only use a 45 on each side and hit it for 8-12 reps

This. If you can do more than 8 with good form, you aren't lifting heavy enough

nice power rack idea, gonna try it tomorrow

What's the benefit? Cutting out upper chest?

Too hard to balance a barbell behind the back without it falling backwards and you dropping it. The only time I go behind the back is the db french press with two hands.

100% The Stretch™

no other exercise gives me an overall stretch in the shoulders. and yes, it eliminates the use of your chest

incline front raises?

literally what?

Lie on a bench like you'd do incline press but do front raises instead. Keep your arms internally rotated at the bottom for max stretch

Basically this, the movement seems more suitable for advanced lifters only.

You're imbeciles. I shouldn't have to explain to you, from a basic anatomical standpoint, why bearing weight at the limit of our rotation and joint strength is bad for said joints and skeletal connections. You're just absolute retards for trying to argue that. Go ahead, get huge from doing your retard lifts, I'll keep OHPing 2pl8 and we'll see in a decade who still has full ROM in their shoulders.

>never use the full ROM of your shoulders
>expects to keep this full ROM
>thinks 2pl8 one on each side

Not that guy, but you're fucking retarded. I hope you break your rotator cuff

>implying the orientation of the Radius would have absolutely any effect on the stretch of the anterior deltoid
STRONG retard. learn your anatomy you fucking moron before you ever come at me again

>his ligaments arent strong enough to control weight
poor little fella. thats the worst part about juicers. they have weak tendons and ligaments

Try it before calling names

hard pass, I'm an adult so if I do front raises I'm going to be standing up and not worrying about if I'm at an incline or if my forearms are the right way lmao

the absolute state of this board

Attached: 1568109629690.jpg (924x607, 37K)

Weird flex but ok
t-nation.com/training/stretch-with-weights-to-build-muscle
Check the delts part, since you don't want to try it

why are you linking a guide to stretching? are you retarded?

>can't put 2 and 2 together
Ok, at least you're adult

Commit soduku

Attached: 1553511649867.jpg (184x184, 15K)

hahahaha pls explain
pro-tip: you won't

>what does stretching has to do with stretching

Retards ITT literally defending this shit exercise lmao. Anyway, do it if you think its good. One less retard in the gym taking up equipment (because he fucked his shoulder up) lmao.
Do it! LOAD IT UP AND TEAR RIGHT THROUGH THAT ROTATOR CUFF! You're literally doing every non-retard a favor, thanks in advance.

>implying we were ever discussing stretching to begin with
>inb4 "y-y-you said BNP gives the best stretch!"
yeah but its not a stretching exercise you fucking retard its a working set that gives a good stretch

>t. has piss weak ligaments and cant control weight
>t. mad about it because he can barely 1pl8 OHP and is too embarrassed to put the 25s on the bar

>ad hominem
Nice. Now do the BTN Press. Thanks

if it hurts, dont do it, i personally do a thing where i do 1 rep of regular, 1 rep of behind the neck, gives me a very nice pump and weirdly enough if i warm up with that i can keep my upper back tighter on heavier sets of regular pressing

Attached: 405920fb-498f-44e2-85eb-040351ea7f99.png (384x436, 159K)