What's a good exercise routine for kids under 12? I don't want to get them into weightlifting yet obviously...

What's a good exercise routine for kids under 12? I don't want to get them into weightlifting yet obviously, but I'm paranoid that they will take the path that I did (overweight gamer kid for all my teenage years)

Attached: 28z22tqgk3u11.jpg (518x767, 83K)

get them into martial arts it will keep them in shape

Boys: swim swim and swim
High diary high legumes they’ll be beasts. I swam everyday since I was 6 and at twelve I was a head taller than my peers and my rib cage was disproportionately gigantic.
Also red meats twice a week
Girls; gymnastics/ballet. No idea about diet desu

>I don't want to get them into weightlifting yet obviously

Why is this obvious? Get your kid comfortable with doing various lifts of modest weight with kettlebells/dumbbells, benching the bar etc. Just twice a week or so. They'll see substantial improvements in strength and get comfortable handling weights. Then when they get older and puberty hits they'll be able to lift hard and fully maximize their gains.

fpbp

Just don't turn them into dopamine addicte like you and they won't become subhuman like you. Don't give them video games or sugar, teach them why such things are bad.

Anything they genuinely enjoy and have friends to share their fun.
Actively fight bullying

I frequently take my kids out to the family farm on the weekends, they love to climb trees and help my dad carry buckets of water out to the chickens, etc. Any outdoor activity where they can run, jump, climb, etc will be good for them. Honestly I’m not sure how conducive most kids hormonal profiles are, pre puberty anyway, to building muscle. But keeping them active will keep them healthy and strong, and will cut down on behavioral issues as well. Kids that are physically active and mentally stimulated are too tired to act out as much.
>t. 30 y/o boomer with a son and daughter both under the age of 4

Judo,bjj,mma, karate or wrestling.

Also swimming for girls. If your girls are into it I suggest dancing. I danced for 12 years, and it keeps you incredibly toned (and is fun).

This ideally. Any sport they take an interest in would be a close second. Preferably both, as doing better at both will motivate them to get in better shape. Teach them all the basic calisthenic movements. When I was 5/6 years old I thought push ups and running were fun, and I could walk on my hands. I wish I never stopped doing those things. I can't even imagine regaining that kind of shoulder stability and balance and coordination now. But when you're a kid and you're just showing off for fun it seems so natural and easy. God I'd give anything to go back in time knowing everything I know now. I was well on my way to becoming a Chad until my parents divorced and I ended up being raised by video games and a single mom. Don't let that be your kids. Don't force them to be fit eithet, but teach them the value of it in terms that are relevant to them, and get them excited about how awesome it is to be fit from such a young age. Have your boys watch the original dragonball o something, they'll want to get strong like goku and krillin and see how hard they train to get stronger and how much fun it is.

Single moms are a cancer. When my god son was 5-6 and I saw what he was fed + the lack of exercise I told his mom that eggs and bacon would make a good breakfast and that football/rugby would keep him fit and bond with his friends. To this she said that bacon had “too much fat” (keep in mind he was feeding him DONUTS every morning!!!! I told her they are pure sugar but she paid no heed), and no sports because he’s fragile and he might get hurt in contact sports. Fast forward five years later the kid is basically pre diabetic, overweight, retarded with low attention span, etc. A shadow of what he might have been (his mother has very good genes, but nonetheless she’s unfit to raise a child alone, let alone a male)

Any sport that they are interested in is good. 12 year olds don't need to workout for it's own sake. I used to do a little bit of everything, most of which I want very good.

I would belly flop into a pool of
Aids infested needles just to put
my name in a hat with 1 million
other names for a chance to caress
your beautiful legs while wearing
gloves.

My son is very young but is already excited to "play monkeys" like I do when he's old enough - pullups, chinups, dead hangs, dips in a homemade backyard setup I have. I do this while making silly monkey noises for him; he loves it. He already likes to go with my wife to a very steep hill in a local park to do Nordic ski spenst style hill bounding exercises, which he refers to as "playing bunnies" because she yells "boing! boing! boing!" with every bound (which he of course then mimics) and then makes a silly face and pretends to eat lettuce at the top of the hill.

Basically just don't train your kids, just play with them and make it challenging and fun and don't take it too seriously. Health and exercise is pleasurable, and it's brain poison to take that away with too much structure at an early age.

>>I was well on my way to becoming a Chad until my parents divorced and I ended up being raised by video games and a single mom.

As if the ghost of an entire generation cried out in terror, and was suddenly silenced.

Attached: obiwan.jpg (1920x816, 167K)

Note that if you weight them too much you’ll compress the soft tissue in their spine and prevent them from growing. Also make sure they eat a lot of food and get a lot of sleep, both of which are currently undervalued in my culture.

Based and good dad pilled

Single 33yr old boomer mom here~
Ever since my kids were young, I always included them in things like nutrition and sport. Just treat them like they’re human, don’t forget fun. I play football with my twelve year old daughter on a regular basis, it’s enjoyable for both of us and a great opportunity to get to know what’s on their minds while improving interpersonal relationships. My 8yr old daughter plays soccer in a jr league with her friends and loves it. I make it a point every evening to go on a ~45-60min walk on the beach, another great opportunity for communication and playing, shit, we were having races last week and my 8ry old asked why she gets tired running fast but not jogging and they both happily learned about ATP and I walked it into how nutrients from food are used for energy. There’s a lot to learn from kids, just be there for them, trust them, but guide them with encouragement and understanding. Shame is probably the shittiest thing you can do to, encourage, but don’t press, and lastly, have fun too.

Get him into wrestling. I think boys like wrestling more than weird Asian rituals. It's basically how regular boys play but they actually train it. Since you're on Jow Forums you should generally know enough to help him eat to grow and get him into weights early so he can be more jacked than everyone else. Every other combat sport he can pick up after even college, but wrestling dries up by then. Since it's supported by schools they also have a group to be a part of that wouldn't necessarily happen if they did any other combat sport.

I don't know what age is "okay" for them to start lifting but I assume 16 is fine. I don't think there's a hard number looking into my past and seeing big kids doing weights just fine. That "stunts your growth" meme doesn't make sense because then the optimal time to lift would be like 25.

Get them into sport climbing
Its good for their upper body strength, without having them endure overload since its always bodyweight exercise...

And of course its great fun

based user, you turned out alright after all

Attached: 1565344815845.png (400x397, 244K)

>Single 33yr old boomer mom here~
There are no women on the internet, for a good reason. It is imperative that you understand this.

I saw this pic in a motivation thread earlier today. It told me what I already knew, but the look in that little kid almost makes me cry, and long for kids myself.

Attached: 1568253448914.png (1080x1298, 1.03M)

>What's a good exercise routine for kids under 12?
Masturbation

This. Just exercise and they will want to do it with you. Children copy what you do, not what you tell them to do

Dont worry we have a lot of coom to give you what you long for