/fat/ Realization edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For the caloric elites among us who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise) liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard
Previous:

Attached: afaafas.jpg (682x1023, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gofile.io/?c=VcvDAb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What made you realize you need to lose weight? I've posted this one or two times in /fat/ threads but the realization hit me when I found out I weighed like an average ogre in D&D, silly motivation but hey it worked, lost 40 kg so far

Attached: ogre weight.png (724x236, 327K)

Better than my disgusting motivation
> Started needing to lean my shoulder against the wall and push against it to be able to wipe my ass properly
> The fact that if I kept growing I was going to lose the ability to clean myself properly kinda horrified me
It should have happened much sooner

kinda know how you feel, at 144kg I always wiped my ass standing up and had to spread them cheeks like a whore just to wipe properly, nasty shit

I never had an "I need to lose weight" revelation. Mine was an "I want to lose weight" revelation. I was certainly overweight at the time, but I wasn't nearly at my fattest and it was specifically a matter of "want" over "need". I always knew "needed" to lose weight when I was horribly obese, but I never cared.
All that aside, I honestly can't recall a specific reason or trigger for wanting to lose weight after being fat and depressed my whole life. I feel like I just decided to do it all of a sudden.

Confess your sins and receive penance

Attached: 0C6FB522-292A-4B73-B43C-77A1FEB12F7E.png (205x246, 8K)

No sins to report. Today I've refused both free fast food and free chocolate cake. The last few weeks have been hellish for my appetite and mental health in general, but I really need to make it. One month left before vacation.

As a super fatty getting back into lifting since exercise is much easier for me now, is the goal of the workout to make myself sore, IE DOMS? Or should I just be lifting enough so that its hard, but I don't intentionally overload my muscles and require multiple days off?

Ate a piece of gum, didn't add the calories.

Attached: 1513282067965.jpg (720x540, 115K)

I realized that Wal-Mart didn't sell jeans in my size.

Do those weight loss belts work? The stretchy ones that go around your belly? I got one a few years ago and never tried it.

you guys think 2000 calories a day good if i want to lose 2 lbs a week

im just running 3 miles at the gym 3-4 days a week, stopped lifting 7 months ago due to injury and now im a fat fuck

Attached: 1546030442013.png (464x369, 44K)

Good work user. But health is not just physical. Take some time to address your mental health and relieve stress
Add them!

Lol no.

You are not moderately active based on that activity. I'm betting closer to 2300 TDEE based on manlet status. Try 1500 and see what happens.

thanks

I had some plums instead of salad for dinner, said I would only eat one, ended eating 17,

17 plums?!? Log those calories! Do not fail again tomorrow. Let this moment of weakness guide you to greater strength

RIP your ass next morning, prepare for a shitstorm

Those must have been some angelic plums to just drill through 17 of them.

lost control and already eat all my calories for the day, now i have to feel hunger until tomorrow

Finally went to obese BMI to overweight

Got another compliment for my fat loss yesterday and I'm starting to like myself in the mirror.
Still 3 months more for goal body though.

Attached: ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u1.png (550x550, 206K)

When is the absolute best time to weigh yourself to get an accurate reading? I'll weigh myself one day and the next it'll say I'm 12 pounds heavier than the last several times I weighed myself. I don't get it.

Attached: 1538290670417.jpg (645x773, 82K)

Lol I did the same thing a couple years ago, bought a bag for the week and ended up eating it all the same day.

I do it in the morning after I take a piss, without drinking any water first.

I'm always trying to work on the mental health, though it's not easy. I'm considering going back on medication after my vacation. I just really don't want meds to fuck with my weight.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x149, 94K)

post dinners

Attached: C1.png (1470x827, 1.42M)

wats dat??

You'd have to eat or drink an insane amount of stuff to gain 12lbs in a day, even if most of it is just physical mass.

I bought a baby spring mix from my grocery store yesterday, HEB. It has enough in it to feed 5 people a salad. I told myself I'd portion myself out with it, but ended up eating the whole box. Was so disgusted with myself, and still sort of am, but then read the back of it. The whole box with all servings added up is just 100 calories.

Trying to lose weight/inches, should I have a good amount of protein after doing a cardio workout?

>steady loss
>still feel the bloat, especially in evening

fried veggies with butter and shoyu and one cooked sweet potato

I've lost 900grams(2 pounds more or less) in 3 days!!

Attached: 1568194731908.jpg (631x1105, 204K)

Just 14oz of mercury will make you gain 12 pounds.

Carbs are more important, if you take the cardio serious. If you're just doing some 30min-60min jog or whatever, then it doesn't matter.

DOMS don't matter and are definitely not needed. You'll most likely not experience them after your first weeks.

Set you activity level to zero and get a fitness tracker to track your burned cals. Or approximate the burned cals with 400 per workout hour.

Try IF or 24-36h fasts

motivation loss hit me again

Set a proper fitness goal other than fat loss. Easiest ones are running related. If you keep it moderate (doing a 5k or 10k) your knees won't explode. No better feel than running an organized race. Doesn't matter if 10k or a marathon everyone will cheer anyway, especially when they see that you are a fatty struggling through it. Just don't fall for meme obstacle shit.

Anyone else here an emotional eater? How do you deal with it? I find it easy to combat boredom eating (anytime I try to boredly snack I do jumping jacks instead) but when I fall into an emotional slump I find it so hard to not just eat away the pain.

Has anything worked really well for you guys? Or do I need to suck it up and waste time at a therapist, I'd prefer not to end up on meds but if it's between dropping the 55lbs I need to or not I'll do it.

Be strong fellow fatty, all our sacrificices will be rewarded

theres not much to do besides substituting the pleasure of food to pleasure of losing weight and becoming more aesthetic

Have you tried eating fresh veggies? There is no feasible way to overeat on them. Or drink a cup of coffee to suppress the appetite. Or just do more cardio for more burned cals and dopamine gains.

In my opinion you should see a therapist, but I'm just a complete stranger on the internet my opinion isn't very qualified

if you jog for more than 30 minutes you're a fag

I had been stuck at 142-144kg for about a month usually because I diet well during the week then ruin it on the weekends.
I finally got to 139.X just 6 days ago and I'm already half way through the 130s.

You can make it.
Just set small realistic goals that you can achieve in a week or two.
Stay focused.

Attached: 1453096610113.jpg (213x150, 25K)

Ok fatty :^)

I do drink coffee and cardio in the morning and that definitely helps. The crash always seems to come at night. I'll definitely try veggies, pick up some bell peppers and broccolli. At least that can help in the interim.

Honestly, deep down, I know it's the answer. I'm still coping with a suicide in the family, it's been two years and the crashes hit me hard. I've just known people on SSRI and they seemed like zombies. I still wanna feel something.

Am I weak for getting spicy coconut curry chicken and aloo saag for dinner?

In my opinion you should do what you believe it's the best for yourself. You look like someone who has a strong desire to live, you want feel alive, don't you? If it's a very important decision for you take your time to think about it, talk to someone who cares for you like a relative or a friend of your. When you will be ready take your decision. godspeed user

ate maintenance yesterday for the first time in... hmm, now that I think about it, that's probably the first time in my entire life that I've eaten as much as I needed to, no more or less
It was a lot of food though, at least relative to the past 8 months, so I didn't eat much today
bread might not be so evil after all

I have always worked out for strength over aesthetics, and always thought "i can just cut later".
When i actually become undoubtedly strong, no one actually gave a fuck (who could have guessed lol). Turns out i never truly did it for myself, i did it in hopes that other people (especially women) would like it.
Fast forward a couple of relationships, and i realize i cant get/keep a girl. Im seriously too ugly now.
I thought i looked fine, until my friends took pictures of me from the side/profile and i lacked the carved in jawline beneath my ears and that i started to develop a double chin (sort of) as well as my face looking rather flat.

Its fucking hard though, because one of my favorite things that makes me feel great is to eat carbs and watch some silly youtube videos.
So i have to stop eating as many carbs, which is doable for a couple of weeks, then i start getting depressed because its fucking boring to be ugly and fat AND not get to do one of my biggest joys.
So to cure that depression i eat carbs and im happy again, for like a week or two then im back to the depressed state because i failed and im still fat... Then the cycle repeats itself.

Its fucking terrible, i wish i was stronger mentally.

stalling time, sucks

Attached: P3.png (1920x828, 185K)

Nigga im 5'5 and 135 lbs 12%bf i eat 1500 cals

Broke my 2 day fast with 2 lunchables,cookies and twizzlers

can you upload that spreadsheet somewhere for us to download?

gofile.io/?c=VcvDAb

>when u realize the traffic in /fat/ has slown down significantly because many fatties here have already given up

If you're reading this, remember why you started. Hold on to those goals, and stay determined. It's time pay the debts we owe our bodies. We're going to make it bros.

Attached: 1567656104856.png (1080x750, 557K)

or they graduated
don't be a pessimist

>Been on a strict diet for just over a month now
>Taking ephedrine and caffeine everyday while doing 30+ mins of cardio every other day

>Food I used to devour and greatly enjoy a month ago no longer tastes as good
>Can barely get through my "cheatmeals" because I like the "idea" of the food more than the food itself
>Literally just think about how it was a waste of money and that I should have eaten something else such as fruits or a high-protein food as I mostly eat now
Am I breaking myself or am I becoming a new person? I literally don't enjoy it anymore, I don't like it.

Attached: 1568331561570.png (633x758, 158K)

I'm almost at 50 pounds down I ain't stopping anytime soon

Or they hit their goals and left. I like to think on the positive side.

Under 200 lbs for the first time in over a year.
Feels like im gonna make it bros.

just the swinging of the pendulum

Drink lots of water and reflect on why you binged? Stress? Boredom? Spend 5 minutes thinking about your goals and how binging would make them harder to achieve. Godspeed.
Fair enough. I recommend medication. It can make weight loss harder, but not impossible. And ultimately your mental health needs it.
Blessed encourager
Not the best food to break a fast on. Log the calories and go eat fresh vegetables and grilled chicken.

should i weigh my rice before or after i cook it to count the calories?

Before.

the thing is, i should add, i cook for multiple people, so i'm not just cooking for myself. i cook a pretty large batch. so i can know how many calories are in my cooker in total, but its a bit more difficult to know how many calories in getting with my serving.

sorry if my questions are retarded. im just now getting into this and my food scale from amazon hasn't even came in the mail yet.

myfitness pal have options and calories in grams for cooked and uncooked rice

I just can't stop eating. How do you give up the only thing that really keeps you happy? I enjoy exercise, but it doesn't matter when I just keep wanting to eat. I fasted recently and went about 40 hours without food, but once I eat I just fall right back into it. It's also causing every single problem in my life, but it's just so hard. Has anyone else gone through this and found a way out? Obviously I know to just stop eating all the time but it's a literal addiction.

Remember this you fat fucking bastards, nothing is driving your body to your fridge to binge. that is all on YOU, YOU HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE IN THIS. FIGHT IT YOU FAT FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT.

Attached: fuck.jpg (474x472, 17K)

nothing is driving a crackhead to do drugs too, pointless

thanks, i guess i'll try that out. measuring shit raw and just cooking the exact amount i need would be easy if i didn't need to cook for multiple people.

I'm not up for giving you a crash course in psychology
not that it would benefit anybody anyway, putting it under a microscope doesn't change what it is

what kinda shit did you eat most often as a fatty

I suppose I do go out a lot more than I should, that's definitely the biggest issue. I know all the changes I NEED to make, but I'm just stuck and can't consistently do them. I guess I'm just asking how people drastically change their lifestyles.

the only problem ive had so far with dieting is counting calories. meticulously weighing food and calculating calories as accurately as i can has taken a bit of the fun out of cooking. if anyone has any hot protips they'd recommend for cooking/weighing out food/counting calories, i'd love to hear it.

I eat two PB sandwiches in the morning because they keep me full for the day and I eat little throughout the day

eat processed food straight from the packet
no counting, just scan

If you're already ugly, why destroy the things that keep you bigger but happier? At least you're lifting and not becoming a piggy like those HAES women

lol, i mean you're not wrong. that is one of the saving graces of processed garbage - knowing EXACTLY what i'm getting. if only every slab of meat could be the same.

i dont post here bc im not fat anymore, you just have to endure the pain and eventually youll be normal again

My life spiralled downward due to multiple factors entirely out of my control. After getting blindsided fucked over a million ways in rapid succession I turned to weight loss as a coping mechanism because fuck at least I can control my diet, right?

90 pounds later I'm still an incredibly depressed trainwreck waiting for the other trains on the horizon to join the crash, but I'll look at myself in the mirror and feel a little bit of pride every now and again which is nice I guess.

>Time to deload AGAIN
I fucking hate eating 1600 calories a day

so, the rule of thumb to lose weight is to eat approx 500 cal less than my TDEE, right?

>weight and bf% aren't descending linearly
well shit.

yes, 500 cal = 1 kg a week
i prefer to use 1000 cal as deficit = 2kg a week

Wrong, 500 cal is 1 pound, which is around 460g

What's a good routine to get into with a new gym membership? So far I'm thinking four times during weekdays and spend a weekend day swimming. What do you think?
Another question I have is about whey/protein powder (whichever it's called). Is that necessary? I got a couple friends who are also fat fucks and one insists that the stuff is essential to work out with. I don't really see the point as long as you keep a balanced diet and watch what you put in your food hole.

It's time to fast, fatties!

I just binge ate and I’m feeling like I’m about to burst. I’m freling tempted to just purge it. What do?

Attached: 0B92E5A6-BEE6-47EA-A152-FE90C41AF0FE.png (825x991, 932K)

I ate an entire bag of these and now I want to die

Attached: GUEST_16367951-4744-482f-82ec-f78f43d11a62[1].jpg (488x488, 54K)

breaks my heart knowing most of you will never make it

Staying with roommates might be one of the best things for weight loss. All of them are pretty fit folk while I'm a chubby fucker so I'm pretty insecure about eating like shit around them. I'm sneaking through to the kitchen about to throw myself together some serious shit then I clock one of them and just put the kettle on and have a cup of tea instead. Even switched to 2% milk because I was the only fucker with a red cap in the fridge. Don't think I could have had more than 300 kcal these last two weeks. Mad

Being over 250lbs and wearing 2xl shirts became normalized to me. A bunch of Anons here got disgusted by my weight and i realized just how high it is compared to a normal human being.

>Don't think I could have had more than 300 kcal these last two weeks
what the fuck does this mean? Just tell us how many calories you ate.

Just cut back on the sodium for a few days user, assuming you're following your calorie limit all the damage will be fixed in time

Like 300 brah