Is this bait?

Am I cucking myself by doing 12-14 reps?

Attached: fe5f55aaa1568eef672680b108532e72e75fde33df274f0568d29cc87f16cbff.jpg (877x727, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LS7ib84kwPU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

if you honestly think reps play a bigger role in muscle gain than literally any of the other factors out there, not only are you not going to make it, you're a complete fucking retard

No i don't think like this, i was just asking if doing 12-14 rep rang is holding me back from more gains.

Yes, what you should be doing is sets of 5 clean reps where you cheat the 6th then have a spotter help you through the positive but let you control the negative for 3 more reps
I started doing that with one working set per exercise and I’ve made massive gains with no plateaus for a long time

so if you do 6-7 reps you literally get no gains?

That's interesting, why not just doing 9 clean reps tho? Is it different?

FUCKING THIS

This is why I think it's bait, there's no way this is possible. No idea about the rest of the graph.

it’s WAY different, look up Mike Mentzer and buy his book from Amazon it’s like 30$
Alternatively you could just watch this
youtu.be/LS7ib84kwPU

Never tried anything similar desu, ill look into that thank you very much.

If you could 14 reps the weight should be higher.

This, assisted reps after your clean set of amounts reps are so fucking good to do on any exercise.

based brainlets

The thing is i work my way from 10 to 14, when I hit 14 on all the sets or more than half I decrese to 10 or 12 and repeat.

I forgot to ask, should i do this on all working sets or just 1?

Haha I remember that thread

Do 1 working set per exercise, and only do a few exercises per body part, for example:
>dumbbell bench press
>incline barbell press
>pec dec
That’s my whole chest workout, 3 working sets, and my pecs are fuckin huge, it’s all about quality over quantity. If you don’t have a lifting bro just ask some random dude for a spot and tell him not to give you assisted reps until you hit failure. Obviously do 1-2 low intensity warm up sets with 6 reps before your working set as well you gotta be safe

12-14 is generally not a good rep range but it entirely depends on the muscle group. Your type two dominant muscles (more fast twitch muscle fibers) will benefit from including some exercises in the 4-8 rep range. Everything else should be 8-12, this is common knowledge

Damn this is really interesting, btw I realized now I kinda do something similar but only with curls. My last reps are always slow negative and with a cheat positive, works great desu.
Thanks, really.
True and it's hard to know what type a specific muscle is so I stick with 10-14

No problem bro
We’re all gonna fuckin make it

Attached: B383E8BA-38C8-4B60-8F6A-0AB8AC4167EB.jpg (1100x1100, 56K)

Post brain

>True and it's hard to know what type a specific muscle is so I stick with 10-14
No it isn't. Your biceps, forearms, lats, traps, glutes, hamstrings, lower back, calves and front thighs are all at least slightly fast twitch dominant. If you're not paying attention to your muscles and how they differ from one another you're not getting the most out of your workouts. Also 10-14 is not a good rep range for most muscles, one exception being your abs. For any of the other muscles I mentioned above, include some exercises in the lower 4-8 rep range, ideally at the beginning of your workout

you should do reps for feel if you can
that's pretty much what every top guy seems to do
plus i guarantee if you push to 14 when you usually stop at 10 for some weight, you'll get more gains in that instance.

To paraphrase Arnold, never stop a set just because you hit your target reps. Keep pushing, faggot!

Yes except Arnold was on juice

Bear with me user brainlet here, how do i differ when I work my muscles? Which one get tired faster or something? And what do you mean by this
>include some exercises in the lower 4-8 rep range, ideally at the beginning of your workout

Just do a fucking program dude, don't listen to the brainlets on Jow Forums. 90% of advice here is given by dyels

I get what you are saying and I do this all the time when I have more power I always push 2 more reps, but I guess this is wrong for a natty lifter.

>t. Brainlet pussy

Post body, unironically.

No, it's science. 6 or 7 reps do NOTHING

Let's just chill and have fun, no need to get aggressive and use the post body card

If you make a retarded claim like that you better have the physique to back it up.

I'm really not sure how much more I can break this down. When you perform an exercise you should no what muscle(s) you are targeting and adjust your rep range accordingly. If you do a back day for example, and you start with deadlifts, that exercise is primarily targeting your lower back and hamstrings, so you should do it in the 4-8 rep range for maximal results. (Not necessarily every single workout, as de-load weeks and such are important too but you sound like a beginner so I'm starting with basics) Follow that with a lat exercise like bent over rows or lat-pull downs, which should also be performed in a lower rep range. But again most exercises should be performed in an 8-10 rep range.
If this is too complicated for you just find a program online, follow it consistently, and start tweaking your routine as you learn. Watch some fitness youtubers if you like, a lot of them are garbage but some like Jeff Nippard have some pretty solid science-based advice.

I'm not that guy lol

I got you, thanks sm for the help user

So I wont get ANY gains doing 6 to 7 reps?

>most of the thread is taking the graph seriously

Neverending summer

Thanks for video, did my back and biceps today with burst and slow ass negatives. Actually had to go down in weight because I failed much faster. I'm burning

Are you guys really this new?

>doing sets of 8
>super heavy, brain turning to jelly
>lose count and rerack the bar after only 7 reps
>get no gains for the set
THIS IS BULLSHIT BROS

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

Attached: lemagicnumbers.jpg (470x595, 201K)

Attached: 1559504530924.png (1373x833, 59K)

Guess what, literally zero experiments can show any difference in hypertrophy based on rep range so long as the weight is set to be challenging by the end of the set

>t. 7 repper

Wow. You haven't doing 6 or 7 rep sets, have you?

Attached: rep range.png (710x266, 7K)

Kek

Attached: UrF1U.png (710x266, 3K)