I've been about vegan for about 4 months or so now and I feel perfectly fine...

I've been about vegan for about 4 months or so now and I feel perfectly fine, but previously I was going to try the Carnivore diet for a month and see how I felt. Is being vegan really that bad for you? Veganism is evil and gay seems to be the new underlying sentiment on Jow Forums, now that Jow Forums is the new /b/ (board that draws and influences most new users), and to me that alone sort of gives it away as self important everything experts stuck at the peak of Mt. Stupid. The reigning arguments in every single thread where veganism is mentioned seem to be:
>Slave diet
Appeal to emotion
>liberals and basedbeans
Appeal to emotion
>muh b12 supplements bad, muh epa/dha supplements bad
b12 and epa/dha are inherently vegan. Cattle are supplemented b12.
>muh something something jews
and other non-arguments. That's not to say, there aren't some valid arguments, but I'm wary of most of them as they typically don't hold up under scrutiny.

So what are the rational arguments to veganism? Arguments that aren't "I want veganism to be wrong because that confirms my bias."

Attached: 1568320990642.png (2000x1333, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full
sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091118072051.htm
researchnews.osu.edu/archive/betacarotene.htm
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/71/6/1545.full
youtube.com/watch?v=iRLx0kRlgC4&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Go try it dawg! It's the healthiest diet!

if you ask a question about veganism here you're just asking for a shitstorm of brainlets. do your own research on it. read some studies

>So what are the rational arguments to veganism?
You have to take big pharma pill and powder supplements in order to just stay alive, or in order words it's by definition a deficient diet.
I just eat eggs instead.

>So what are the rational arguments to veganism? Arguments that aren't "I want veganism to be wrong because that confirms my bias."
Sure

Vegans are deficit in B12:
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

Vegans have weaker bones due to lower calcium intake and vitamin D3 levels:
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278

Vegans have less gains compared to non vegans:
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full

Vegans are deficient in omega 3s:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928

Vegans are deficient in iodine:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354

Vegans are deficient in iron due to the fact that iron from plant sources is less bioavailable than iron from meat sources:
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606

Vegans are deficient in vitamin A:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full
sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091118072051.htm
researchnews.osu.edu/archive/betacarotene.htm
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/71/6/1545.full

>lives in the middle of the ocean, on an actual Island with limited space
>less than 2% of diet is fish.
This source is full of more shit than OP would be if he ate all those sweet potatoes.

/thread

>mom I posted it again!

Attached: happy-kid-at-computer-e1405694752493.jpg (400x299, 19K)

Attached: 7F5D17CB-2B61-47DE-BF6E-8A05873C1CB0.jpg (400x300, 52K)

Just eat a balanced and varied diet instead of doing nonsense like veganism or carnivore diet.
Humans evolved to eat a lot of different stuff.

>I cant disprove or offer counterpoint so ill just spergpost.

You can't get vitD from anything but animal sources. The lab-made analog is just that, an analog, and your body does not process it the same as D3. Same with DHA/EPA, and B12. Don't get me started on BCAAs and full proteins or hemeiron vs non-hemeiron. This is all basic biochem. Veganism has been scientifically disproven hundreds of times. It is not healthy. We did not evolve to be herbivores or frugivores. Stop attempting to argue with billions of years of nature.

>d-do your own studies...
>here's a bunch of proof it's bad for you
>n-no not those studies...
It's so fun bullying these fags.

Yeah not sure wtf this data came from. One of Okinawa's most famous dishes is slow cooked pork. I live in nipland and ive never even heard of okinawians eating sweet potatos. Should mostly have been fish and rice if you were poor.

My favorite is when you point out that the body recognizes the differences between synthetic analogs and the real thing, or how carbon chains effect the difference between ALA and the other Omega 3's, and they have nothing. Not one goddamn thing to say. Because it's imutable fact.

Half of 4chins is shitposting and the other half are just uninformed. Be assured. A plant based diet is the healthiest way to eat. All the blue zones in the world are places where they eat mostly plants and grains as opposed to animal meat and derived products. I’m not opposed to some meat. But it shouldn’t be a major part of your diet at all. I basically save all the times I eat meat for when I’m out at restaurants or dinner parties and don’t want to make a fuss about meat free options.

You are supremely deficient in a wide array of trace minerals and vitamins, and you are not aware of it due to your ego. This is inescapable. Your lab-grown supplements are not saving you.

This isnt veganism then. Reducing animal product consumption to a reasonable amount verse eating absolutely no animal products is two different arguements.

this is well formed bait, very subtle. I approve.
but veganism is a deficient diet, and causes more harm to the environment/animals. if you don't care about your health then sure, do it up.
youtube.com/watch?v=iRLx0kRlgC4&t=0s

Counterpoint: take a b12 pill.

>just take medication bro haha

Nothing personell, kid.

Attached: 816VvpiHRKL._SY606_.jpg (342x606, 35K)

I can understand vegetarianism, but veganism seems like a weird ideological group rather than just a dietary decision.

Attached: 1567244928159.jpg (373x406, 23K)

That's not real DHA or EPA, this has been proven multiple times.

Why would you cuck your body like that? Isn't there a story every other day about how parents malnourished their child by making him eat vegan? What do you think it's doing to you faggot?

t. "natural"

Attached: prepoststackarticle-1000x500.png (1000x500, 201K)

B12 vitimins are not vegan. They are synthisised by farming microorganisms. Which is animal labor.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

your infographic is full of shit considering that okinawans are known for eating a lot of pork

>healthy diet
>diet where you have to rely on synthetic pills and supplements to not have vitamin deficiencies that can lead to illness or death
choose carefully

Don't try to argue basic biology with these people user, these are the same fucktards that get flu shots every year.

Just eat fish, chicken and eggs.

IT'S WHERE FISH GET THERE DHA/EPA CONTENT YOU ABSOLUTE BRAINDEAD NO IQ NIGGER

I don't do that what so ever and I've not gotten sick once since going vegan. Try again.

I lived in Oki for two years. They love their pork and seafood.

Welp. I guess we never have to have another vegan thread again...

All of these subject texts do not match the studies.

saved and /thread pilled

Attached: alexjonescheers.jpg (293x264, 14K)