>2019
>retards still do 6-10 rep sets with heavy weights
>they still haven't learned that maximum hypertrophy occurs with 16-20 reps

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rFIh5o4X9s&t=2s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/#!po=0.555556
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post body

>2019
>retards still do reps

is this right or not bros?

OP IS RIGHT FAGGOT STFU

Imagine ever going above 5

that's endurance.
also the point is to build strength so that when you up the volume, you push around meaningful weight.

Attached: 1495106571710.jpg (600x315, 22K)

I would genuinely like to know more if there’s any legitimacy to the claim

go to /pol nazi

>post 2017
>lifting weights
Retard

This might reveal my tastes, but a guy I "know" says he got in good shape doing what seemed to be bro splits at 4x12. I'm not surprised he got burnt out eventually, but it did make me curious about the "science" behind reps/sets.

>2019
>people still dont do it the "BILBO's METHOD"

youtube.com/watch?v=3rFIh5o4X9s&t=2s

never improve goys.

>not doing 150 rep supersets

Attached: 96109BFE-0A67-4833-9190-A5D7721CEFD0.png (250x269, 79K)

What about myo reps?

F OFF TO POL NAZI

wtf

This. Who knows?

Here's what I do and it seems to make body fo exactly what I want.

Each of these rep ranges is TO FAILURE.

# of max reps that can be done

3-5 (overload) - This is heavy enough that you are really putting stress on body. Not just muscle, but bone, tendon, joints, etc. of surrounding area.
Typically ok to hit body twice a week with this intensity, but if nutrion system isn't good and not well rested, body may be slower to heal. May also become fatiqued and put alot of metabolic and CNS stress on system. This can put you down.
Need to take more frequent rest days.
Less muscle gains than strength training, as body needs to divert energy towards alot of recovery but over time body gets more reinforced. Less recovery is needed and rep range increases to strength training.
Need to be eating and sleeping ALOT of sustain body repair for extended time.

5-8 (strength training) - since support around muscles have become reinforced over time, can now work the muscle itself. Within this rep range, max strength gains occur. When you get to 8 reps, can generally move up 5-10lbs and start at 3-5 again.

8-15 (working) - becoming more efficient and proficient. Body still getting conditioned. The more you work muscle, the more your body pushes blood through it. Gets larger and result.

15-25 (for reps) - body has adapted and optimized to do the particular motion. You can just keep doing sets of these to gain size (increasing weight as needed)

+25 (endurance/technique training) - high endurance is literally cardio. But, that's good. You occasionally need to shock the paer with a flood of lactic acid to prompt it to expand blood/circulatory system a bit so it can supply fresh blood and take away waste faster.
Working on cardiovascular system is like supercharging a car.

Downside....cardiovascular system repair and improvement is more expensive for body to repair than muscle. So it slows down gains.
Also, body may cannibalize surrounding tissue (muscle or fat) to build it.

Wrong. 11-15 is the optimal rep number.

General logic for working out I follow per exercise/body part.

Attached: GainzFlow2.jpg (771x916, 108K)

Also dont believe broscience.

Read this and you'll know more than 80% of Jow Forums
>The effect of training volume and intensity on improvements in muscular strength and size in resistance-trained men

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/#!po=0.555556

Attached: 1567704635499.jpg (1589x1311, 750K)

is this a fucking meme?

30-40 minutes HIIT Prior to lifting idiotic

Doing it that long also defeats the primary benefit of doing it, shouldnt be longer then 20 mins.

Attached: 1568319977648.jpg (630x960, 63K)

You don't what size you dumbfucks. Bodybuilders and powerlifters look fucking disgusting, you want lean strength from low reps high weight. Lifting strength is primarily neurological, not muscular.

I go with a simple rule on Jow Forums:
>information in the sticky = reliable
>information from idiot anons in threads = 99% garbage

pls post body genuinely curious never met a bro who sticks to such high rep range

Cardio gainz should be prioritized above all.
The main reason people hate starting cardio is because they get "tired" or gassed out.
Just take a fruit smoothie, glucose tablet, honey, or maple syrup and walk it off.
After 5-10 minutes you'll find that body's energy is magically back, and you can do whatever lifts you need.

Think of it this way....if you ALWAYS go to gym with the handicap of cardio being done first, if you ever need a PR day, just skip cardio and you'll be at 110% power.
I do it all the time.

No. Just part of analysis of exercises and shit I've tried and gains differences.

Attached: Data.jpg (2450x1300, 576K)

Attached: wimplo.jpg (625x262, 55K)

Both are good

Reminder that reps per set don't influence hypertrophy so long as weight chosen is challenging for given rep range.

If you think I'm wrong, simply find an experiment that demonstrates this

Based pic posted by a tripfag. Like if the Mona Lisa was painted by Karl Pilkington