How long until noticible results?

How long does it start to take to notice serious results? A few months?

I've been lifting almost everyday for around 15-30min. Don't have money for a gym, use a Hoist V5 and some dumbbells, do a bit of variety.

I FEEL like I'm getting stronger, but I don't look it. I started off only being able to lift around 4lbs on the hoist, now I'm doing around 10.5lbs. Started at like 10lbs on dumbbells, now do around 20lbs although I do half the reps I did.

I tend to do 2 sets of 10reps of most I do. I usually do a weight I can get about 10 reps in and 11 is my failure rep. So it's a good weight.

Attached: based.jpg (1617x865, 467K)

Until you notice the results.

I worry if I'm doing something wrong. Seems like most people are able to get sligthly built in around 3 months and I feel like I've made pretty much zero progress aesthetically in one month. I FEEL stronger, but I don't really look any different.

How sore are you?
Are you going close to failure?

sometimes, if you do it right and start from 0, you can notice results at two weeks or even a week and a half

I guess it depends on where you started. Post body and I can give you a good guess. I started kinda fat and after 3 months and 25 lbs I looked way better. I gained practically no muscle and tiny amount of strength since I was on such a small calorie diet

Only slightly sore, some days pretty sore but I've been fairly good.
I almost always go close to failure.

Not particularly fit, my diet isn't bad at all though. I eat pretty healthy. I've just been extremely inactive for the past 2 or so years so it kinda stores. The angle kinda makes me look slightly fatter than I am maybe. I'm like 6', 160-165lbs.

I don't have before pictures, but I guess maybe my arms got slightly bigger. But it's extremely unoticable, and would be nice to see some tone.

Attached: 02.png (174x374, 122K)

8-12 reps for aesthetics
2-6 for strength
Just keep working hard user. Watch what you're eating as well. Here recently I just hit 17% BF according to a Navy BF Calculator and I learned that for me it was the dressing on my salads that were a huge gains goblin.

Attached: Funky Kong.jpg (620x350, 38K)

Attached: flex.png (172x339, 110K)

thanks chimpo user, appreciate it!

I would suggest dropping to 150 while lifting weights. Follow a real program and don’t skip stuff. After 2-3 months when noob gains end reevaluate where youre at. I would guess bulk since 150 at 6’ is small. You will look better in 4 months but it’s going to be underwhelming and a lot of work. To put it simple you look like absolute shit right now and you’re starting from the ground up.

2-4-8
2 weeks for you to see
4 for close friends
8 for everybody

Basically this. 4-6 weeks if your nutrition/sleep/routine are up to par

Thanks anons

Not OP but I like this rule. 4 weeks in right now. Thanks lads.

I dont think anyone besides me read your post because you are never going to see any results lifting 20 lbs for 2 sets of 10 reps. 15 to 30 mins a day? This is a fucking joke work out.

You are starting from completely 0 and doing hardly anything. You need to lift heavy as fuck, hard as fuck, with a barbell and big weights.

Don't have money for a gym? The fuck?

I am triggered by your post, fuck you

Ive been lifting 7 years OP.

Its a marathon not a sprint. By year 3 you will look good.

You won't notice any results until you do real training

Hes trying man.

OP, you're gonna hear a lot of hurtful comments. You do you bro. A 15 minute workout is enough, its 15 minutes more than everyone watching Netflix.

you need YEARS not months you dumb faggot

>I dont think anyone besides me read your post because you are never going to see any results lifting 20 lbs for 2 sets of 10 reps. 15 to 30 mins a day? This is a fucking joke work out.

>You are starting from completely 0 and doing hardly anything. You need to lift heavy as fuck, hard as fuck, with a barbell and big weights.

So how long should I be working out? How many reps should I be doing? No shit I'm starting from completely nothing.. I'm not going in lifting 200lbs you fuck. What I'm lifting now is pretty much my limit as I already stated. I'm lifting to failure. Usually my 11th rep is my failure rep at the weight I choose.

I do 2 sets of 10 reps for the 20lbs dumbbells... Plus the machine, which is usually 2 reps 10 sets each of vertical bench press, incline press, pectoral fly, lat pulldown, seated mid row, seated hamstring curls, leg extensions, abdominal crunches (with the pulley), dumbell squats. Sometimes various other things thrown in. All generally around 7-10lbs sometimes a bit less if I'm not feeling it that day and really need to go easy which has only been about 3 days in the past 3 weeks. Sometimes if I'm feeling good I'll do an hour, but my average is around 25-40min a day. Imo it's a very good workout

It's a hell of a workout for someone who has only been doing this for about 3-4 weeks.

And no not everyone has the money for a gym. When I can put money towards it I definitely will. This is better than me being inactive. I'm not expecting to get absolutely fucking ripped, but I sure as hell think this is great to start off with.

I'm also 6 feet tall and I weigh about 175 and i'm for sure smaller than you overall. when is the last time you actually got on a scale? serious question. trying to help

Attached: 1560483483814.jpg (900x900, 70K)

Even I'm not retarded enough to believe you need years to "start seeing results" fucktard.

Yeah thanks user, and completely agree. Better than doing nothing, and I feel as if I'm doing way more than most normiefags do when they "start working out". Plus a lot of these losers on here are probably 10x fatter than me so whatever lol

No clue, that's what my scale tells me, plus usually when I go to the doctors it's within 3-4lb difference from my home scale (which makes sense). So no idea..

gotcha. you look more like 180 to me but the doc knows better than me

its 6 months for noticeable results you DYELs

Whats a dial?

>start lifting weights yesterday
>first question on the internet is "when im going to see results"
>"I feel as if I'm doing way more than most normiefags do"
>calling others fucktards
>look like this
you are such a faggot

Don't even worry about weight or results right now. Form is everything.
When i first started i had thought my bench max was 70lbs, but after my gym buddy explained and corrected my form, boom 1 pl8 was easy. You'd be surprised at the weight you can lift with solid form.

Attached: 1568112318116.png (400x497, 248K)

ask a shredded guy D.Y.E.L. the next time you see one and he'll give you some awesome tips

Attached: 1510022936623.png (635x457, 302K)

Workout longer. Because you're using low as fuck weight, do more sets. With 20 pound DBs, you should be doing 10 sets of 10 reps for every exercise you're doing.

Volume is key with low weight since you can't go to a gym. Find a park or something and start doing pull ups and chin ups. As many as you can.

Stop eating like shit if you do. Track everything you eat, even during taste tests.

2 sets is low volume. You want be doing about 5 sets of 10 with the final set to failure. You need to build work capacity and the ability to understand what hard sets feel like. A lot of beginners with no athletic background don't know what 'hard' actually feels like so you'll need to coach yourself to reach muscular failure. You're too weak to injure yourself doing this with sets of 10.

The time to see any progress depends on a multiple factors and is impossible to guess. Just stick with it, you need to find enjoyment in the process not just the outcomes.

>So how long should I be working out? How many reps should I be doing?
You should research an effective work out plan. It should be centered around heavy compound lifts.

>All generally around 7-10lbs
>Imo it's a very good workout
>It's a hell of a workout
Is this a joke to you?

>and I feel as if I'm doing way more than most normiefags do when they "start working out"

Fucking around with some dumbbells for 15 minutes and expecting to see results.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OHNONONONONONO

Attached: 1565352560059.jpg (472x518, 107K)

I've been doing calisthenics for about three months now...
not even that much, just some push ups and pull ups and stuff every few days...
Weird thing is, I don't feel like I am making progress in terms of the workout... like, when I started I could do 8 pull ups and now it's the same amount maybe on a good day it's 9 or 10 but mostly still 8...
With pushups it's still 50 pushups, just like 3 months ago...
BUT my body changed completely, I went from skinnyfat to nearly ottermode...

Bodies are weird...

>Seems like most people are able to get sligthly built in around 3 months

why on earth would you think that

Because you are roid heads, start working out without roids and you see how hard it is to do 10reps over multiple sets. Its a tough workout for a beginner

...it's what pretty much everyone does

Attached: apustas blanketstaja.png (409x409, 157K)

HOLD THE FUCK ON WHY IS THIS MY GYM

its $60 a month for a gym where i live, user. im like you, started with 10lb dumbbells:calisthenics:65lb barbell and then i went into gym doing meme workouts. desu, do whatever you want but u should probably follow a routine like Starting Strength, thats the only one ive seen that looks decent but i cbf eating or following a routine so i do whatever i want 3x12 and hope i get gains