/plg/ - powershitting general

Sanduskys twink zone edition

Attached: download (4).jpg (225x225, 9K)

Would you qualify for this year's collegiate nationals at Penn State, anons?

Attached: 65521401_2451025638253902_8716727300797759488_n.jpg (593x960, 85K)

(And female totals so that Hank can feel included)

Attached: 65228450_2451024111587388_1195806375100284928_n.jpg (667x960, 88K)

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1524796330527.jpg (334x334, 88K)

>this is considered “improvement” by powershitters

Attached: 14701F3E-4828-4437-8035-39C61AFC0AD4.jpg (637x370, 49K)

post body/lifts, little bitch. i bet you won't.

Yes. Rather easily.

Im now more degenerate than using steroids

what's the fastest way to get my abs strong? felt a lot of 'pressure' on my lower abs today while pulling and dont want anything bad to happen. i've never done any kind of ab isolation which is dumb of me.

>i've never done any kind of ab isolation

lardlifters in fucking spades lmao

>RAW numbers higher than equipped numbers
OH NO NO NO NO NO how will elasticbabbies ever recover?
>The 84+ kg RAW qualifying total is literally just my best single competition lift
OH NO NO NO NO NO how will women ever recover?

Attached: Blonde Laughing.gif (220x259, 47K)

And now a threadly, but non-spamming, clearly relevant, specifically on topic, greatly informative, not copy/pasted (I change the wording slightly with each repost), 100% sincere and not trolling, high quality, and otherwise rule abiding reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. This is the only way anyone will believe anything you have to say about anything. And only if you demonstrate at least one of the following:
>A squat in excess of both 2.5 times bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A deadlift in excess of both 2.5 time bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press in excess of both 1.5 times bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A The Press in excess of both body weight AND 100 kg
>A body that Jow Forums won't roundly criticize (good fucking luck)
If you can't manage at least one of these, shut the fuck up, go to the gym, try harder.

Thank you.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

The following is a glossary of terms meant to help newfags understand the relevant lingo. It is not low quality or irrelevant copy/pasta:

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

I do roman chair sit ups. Ab wheels are also an option

>I do roman chair sit ups

lol don't lie, bitch tits. btw, why do you have bitch tits?

Attached: bitch tits.jpg (438x318, 20K)

>being reminded of the thing he wants the most but will never have, the incel compares his shit lifts to a small woman's in order to feel better about himself

what a fucking loser. you just know this unemployed retard hates being reminded that he's an incel, so in b4 he throws a bitch fit.

you are an option

Do you lift with a belt? Doing lifts without the belt is the quickest way i know. Ive had good results with slight decline situps for sets of 10 with as much weight as possible

it's how insecure, virgin manlets cope: they hop on Jow Forums and attack women because they're too much of a chicken shit to buck up to one IRL. bitch tits is a perfect example of that lol.

I did deadlifts today and felt them way more in my ass than my hamstrings
what happened?

I am just asking a question, then I am gone if the answer is actually good.

Can you do 5x5 and still call it a intense strength only workout?
Or is 3x5 or failure (1rep before ded) the only way?

I have started to prepare for a carb backloading so I wanted to know how and which kind of intensity we are talking here.

wrong thread. Pal

>I did deadlifts today and felt them way more in my ass than my hamstrings
>what happened?

you finally figured out proper form

>Can you do 5x5 and still call it a intense strength only workout?
I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. Are you trying to actively avoid hypertrophy for some reason? If yes, consider only doing triples, even if that is generally kind of stupid and you should do some volume, except for maybe during a "peaking" program going into a meet or the like.

If you just wanna know if 5x5 + calorie surplus works, it got me a 600 lbs squat and LMAO3plaet paused bench press at 228 lbs bodyweight.

>a small woman
>84+ kg
>mfw
Go to the gym, Hank. Maybe seeing a female other than your remarkably fat mother will do you some good.

Attached: Laffin Barreh.gif (497x280, 1.25M)

notice how the pissed off incel proceeds to completely avoid the subject, cry like a bitch and spout off about whoever the fuck hank is. i guarantee this leech will never find companionship or employment.

This is an 84kg woman. Small, huh? Totals over 600kg btw.

Attached: Screenshot_20190913_103945.jpg (435x887, 106K)

But the deadlift is a hamstring first exercise

>But the deadlift is a hamstring first exercise

oh hell, the retard's gotten loose again.

Attached: 1562835622920.jpg (570x587, 43K)

You're seriously telling me that the primary mover of the deadlift is the glutes?

>the retard can't believe that a movement where the target muscle group has long since been established as the GLUTES depends on that muscle group the most

no surprise there

So how does the deadlift end up heavier than the squat when the primary mover of the squat (quadriceps) are more powerful than glutes generally?

>(quadriceps) are more powerful than glutes

lmao ffs, just stop

Attached: 1549421409984.jpg (1024x682, 239K)

the quadraceps play a tremendous role in the deadlift

Proof: stiff leg has no quad invovlement and is much much harder. Does this mean you should trian quads for deadlift? Nope, the glutes, hamstring and back are limited not the quads

You misunderstand. I was laughing at Hank calling an 84+ kg woman small, because an 84 kg+ woman is not a small woman.

Are the raw and equipped totals swapped?

No. 74-93 are the most populated raw weight classes, so they have much more competition than equipped, which is niche in general

lads I'm fucked right now
yesterday was squatting and on the second rep of my heavy squat set I felt an immense pain in my knee
I came home and put ice on it because it was so painful I couldn't walk
Today it's the same. I can't bend the knee at all.

Is it broken? A tear? A simple injury that will go with some rest?

No one can tell without imaging. Go see a doctor.

I'm not gonna get an appointment and a referral for a scan any time soon. That's something that happens for long term or serious injuries, and for all we know this is nothing...

I was hoping somebody here experienced something similar (difficulty bending the knee).

There are too many reasons that could happen. Seriously, go to a doctor, you won't get a substantial answer here.

>I can't bend my knee
>I don't need to see a doctor, it's only a knee
Keep on keeping on, user. Enjoy your metal knee.

I didn't say I don't need to. I have enough experience with doctors here to know that I'll get a scan only for a persistent problem. If somebody "hurts their knee" they get ibuprofen and told to come back next week.

which is fair. Imagine if everybody who stubbed their toe was booked in for an MRI scan. Most injuries resolve by themselves.

If you caused enough damage to not be able to flex your knee and have immense pain, I doubt very much that you'll be sent home with some ibuprofen.

Not being able to flex your fucking knee is a way more serious cause for concern than straining some muscle.

Starting this year the totals are based on the result of the 30th placed person averaged over the last 3 years, so over time they'll slowly increase. The initial proposal was 15th placed person (pic related), but they were much higher than the old ones (last year's) and people complained. Last year's totals resulted in ~1000 lifters on five platforms over five days in Columbus, way too many people, especially in the 83 and 93 classes. Obviously equipped has less depth of talent so the 30th place person is shit, leading to lower QTs.

Attached: received_695746367527215.png (937x635, 47K)

>TFW my clean and press is 5kg lower than off the rack
Feels bad

Word, appreciate the explanation, Manlet.

what a tim to be 120kg fatty

The only reason I currently care is that the team I'm an advisor for had to choose tryout totals since it's recruiting season, I'm too old to actually compete collegiate any more. Think we went with 70% of those totals or so, so freshman have room for development. It's shitty because the school isn't providing any support currently and yells at us about clogging up the gym

you are over 27?

It's 25 or under

here its 27 lol
that means in the worlds you can compete against 27s

(Piotr Sadowski as example)
kek
usa fucked without soap

Oh funny. Well if we're ever good enough to send a team in the next 2 years I'll hop on it lol. I think Ohio and Midland sent the team this year, Midland is weird because they treat powerlifting like a varsity sport and have scholarships for it but also get rekt for steroids all the time

so as advisor you're telling this kids what to do or what

The position itself doesn't mean anything except that the school makes clubs have a staff advisor and my research position counts as staff, mostly I just help the executive board (coach, social media director, safety director, etc) and lift with them

>social media director
>for uni powerlifting team
dear god

Someone has to choose all fifty hashtags

>do it once
>copy and paste

#girlswholift
#memestrength
#ManletsRiseUp

Actually we just got sponsored by A7 and have a couple others lined up so they're doing some good work

>#memestrength
Based.

imagine that in 10 years time people are gonna get picked from high school by scouts to do powerlifting

I'm 98% sure Midland University already does that

madre dios

theres just not many college lifters in those weight categories. theres still mogging
I doubt it'll happen in america, unless their just picking up people already doing powerlifting. i doubt anyone is getting full rides, just not enough money in strength sports.

Paused or deficit deads for off the floor strength?

>sport grows
>more brands (A7, Stoic as example)
>they grow
>they cover athlethes
>$$$
as long people will get into sport and buy stuff from SBD, Stoic, A7, Titan etc. its likely it will eventually be a full ride
also all this money can push it to olympic too
beacuse as we know
>MONEY

Have yourself a hernia m8

Obviously they're a fringe case but

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-081347_Chrome.jpg (1080x2280, 610K)

Either. I prefer paused because deficits change the movement pattern somewhat

college sports have weird laws about who can be sponsored and what not. I dont know if an individual can be sponsored for powerlifting, but i do know the ncaa doesn't allow it. we had nike and powerade, but we still had to buy the equipment. its heavily discounted atleast. i bought romaleos through our equipment room for 100 when they sold for 200 usd
Girls are an interesting case because title IX forces a 1:1 ratio between men's and women's sports scholarships. just offsetting a football team gives somewhere around 50ish female scholarships. It doesn't even take in consideration if teams make enough money to keep their program alive.

>some Kloie
>Not MELO
>not LAWRENCE
>not buttener
>SOME KLOIE
wuddefug

Stop being obtuse, they have men's as well. And USAPL currently doesn't care about individual or club sponsors

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-082904_Chrome.jpg (1080x2280, 744K)

Damn who is that?

It would take more than a full ride scholarship to convince me to move to nebraska lmao

I didn't say they don't have men on scholarship, just its easier for women. It even says that its one of the few schools that offer full rides for powerlifting. The number one in their weight class makes sense. do you know the stats for the top 20?

You said
>i doubt anyone is getting full rides
I posted someone getting a full ride
you said
>Girls are an interesting case
I posted a couple dudes getting em. That's it, I'm not trying to argue its a billion dollar market or something

It's still relatively early in the """"sport""""" and they have massive growing pains, we'll see what happens. I think one of the issues with sponsorship is that everything is so dang cheap and long-lasting that you have to sell novelty shit (see bar grip shirts) or really high quality products at a high price point (sbd belts) to make a lot of money but its not like shoes where you can release a new pair every year and have the same people buy more

So i was wrong about scholarships, and i conceded that when you presented a women, should have clarified. Doesn't discredit the thing about title ix though which was more to say youll probably find more women on full rides than men. The schools i cound find that offer full rides aren't exactly where id want a degree from either thou.

Powerlifting was bigger i fell in the past, and If anything, its shrunk. Was the mountaineer cup in 2000 the last time espn had it on? Youre on the money about the products thing though. Cant take the golf approach, and its not a good spectator sport either

Yeah very true about it being bad for spectators. The current wave of raw competition is definitely expanding though, but I think USAPL needs to sort out some big deals. Oh well, I'm fine if it stays niche as long as it doesn't disappear entirely, fucking kids in their full SBD™ suit taking all the racks for 2plate sumo deadlifts

>kids in their full SBD™ suit taking all the racks for 2plate sumo deadlifts
The future of powerlifting is SIR's new year comic tier if it gets more popular

>open facebook
>first post from the jugg ai group pops up
OwO what's this~~
lmao

My consolation is that unlike some weird niche team sports, if powerlifting becomes rejected again then I can still keep doing it. It might actually be worse to say you're a powerlifter now that it associates you with the zoomer WE KHEMMIN #sbd #a7 #girlswholift squad

Attached: OwO.jpg (364x390, 29K)

i'm pretty interested to check some regressions as more data comes in from this cut. I'm trying to utilize more consistent data that excludes the weird dips and get a more accurate reading of the rate of weight loss. I'm at 1100 kcal deficit (on paper). There are days when I feel like the same amoutn of calories is too much or not enough by a small amount and it shows up in the data later, so I know my activity coefficients that are built in maybe aren't perfect.

I've had a huge boner about the idea of utilizing a smart watch to track activity kcals and use regression data to match that to a slope for activity coefficients for the classical energy models (catch-mcardle etc).

I wish i could crowd source funding to pay myself to do these things lmao

Attached: bodyweight.png (724x378, 18K)

I've used my fitbit for weightloss before to hit a "perfect" -500kcals, it was alright but not super consistent, and I'd probably be overeating a lot of days (I think it was off by a fair amount)

These days I'm just at a low activity coefficient (1.2 I think?) -500kcals. We've got all sorts of metabolic carts here and the guy that came up with double labelled water is still around so I should really convince someone to tell me if the fitbit is accurate or not

Attached: calories.png (975x374, 14K)

I know my garmin was useless for total calories. It however, did what seemed to be a very good job tracking individual activities. Weightlifting, running, swimming, skiing/snowboarding etc it all seemed very consistent to me. Which is why I was thinking if I can get my basal correct, I could correlate an activity coefficient to the total activity calories burned. It would be novel, and maybe not work out at all but meh, it would be fun.

>double lablled water

what

Attached: 2017 cut.png (848x538, 31K)

It's a way of measuring energy expenditure (TDEE), essentially you give a dose of water where both the oxygen and hydrogen are an uncommon isotope so you can track them, then hydrogen only leaves the body as water but oxygen can leave the body as CO2 or as water, so the difference between how much labeled oxygen and how much labeled hydrogen is left in your body is related to how much CO2 you lost = energy expenditure. Not as accurate as direct calorimetry (sitting in a temperature and gas exchange controlled box) but much more useful

Attached: dlw.jpg (469x307, 48K)

ahhhh shiiiiit that's fascinating. I love that kind of shit

Yes or pass? Looks midget to me but im lonely this friday night

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-184721_Tinder.jpg (1080x1920, 586K)

ahh perfect uni talk that we wont really ever use in our work
marvelous
next one from baldy
>How to make peniciline
just in case any of you fuckers lost a limb or something

Needs more quads, but still it's yes.

Do you plan on starting a family with her? No. Who cares how fucking tall she is?

I have never been lonely and I've been alone for almost 4 decades.

how are you holding there master 1?

I like them tall and im picky

ok fuck it im going to shower my dick and wash my degenrate tattoo

A very nice and friendly person

> that thing
> woman
lmao u drunk

>german
>nice
JA! JA! JA!

Shut up polak

It's an extremely common technique if you read obesity and energetics studies, brainlet

Jawhol, Herr General! eine schuld vergeben, bitten! ich bin am Ende, es ist aus mit mir!