What type of body you get with only doing calisthenics?

What type of body you get with only doing calisthenics?

Attached: _99753528_gettyimages-576936648.jpg (624x624, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/sven_calimove/?hl=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Big Wings

Anthraniks body

fuck

Not the body in your pic

And they say Garoumode isn't possible irl. Think that guy is natty?

Attached: 153892389-352-k579869.jpg (352x550, 59K)

This guy is all the inspiration I need

instagram.com/sven_calimove/?hl=en

Attached: image.png (2048x1365, 3.12M)

A twink body

isn't that what girls want nowdays

Garoumode isnt possible just for the shape of his body and the bf%

A body with smaller muscles, but more balanced and all of them developed to a certain extent.
What's preventing from doing calisthenics and a bit of lifting?

All this delusional fags thinking you will get that body from calisthenics. Roidfags all of them.

what are some good lifting exc to combine with calisthenics?

deadlift and squat

>all women have the same preferences

What the other guy said, but glute bridges and hip thrusts.

This aint natty tho, good luck getting that big and shredded without juice while doing only cali

Deadlift, bench press.

Calisthenics will do everything else if you do it correctly - most people barely know how to lift weights correctly.

This. But in a very aesthetically pleasing way

Some do. I'm rather large for my height and my options aren't limited.

>What's preventing from doing calisthenics and a bit of lifting?

This. I do full body every monday and friday and bodyweight calisthenics on wednesdays.

Attached: athleanx.jpg (986x166, 32K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Chicken legs

The width OP has with scapulae protracted is what Garou has from lats alone

I'm gay so I've got no reason to make girls happy or something

>calisthenics
>biceps
>no pecs
How?

A big upper body and small legs. There is no such thing as challenging calisthenics for legs. Pistol squats don’t do anything and are a terrible exercise.

mirin that bicep, the lad looks like he only does chinups kek

Attached: 1568205812630.jpg (250x250, 6K)

resistance is resistance wether it's wieght or your own bodyweight. Calistechnics is really good if you're willing to learn new movements to make things harder, as long as you keep progressing to harder progressions (one arm pull ups/front lever and handstand push ups, planches OR do weighted pull ups and weighted dips) you'll keep progressing and gaining mass and strengh.
It can be tricky and it's not as easy as just using a heavier dumbell butyou can get really good upper body results. At the end of the day, the best is to combine weights and calistechnics.

Attached: 21227724_879587648858189_1050273521399234560_n-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 70K)

i would bet all my money he would get bigger if he jumped to weight lifting. This is the same argument brainlets make about old school lifter - "but they did suboptimal routine and got huge". Yeah, and they would have gotten even bigger with good routine. Truth is with good enough genetics, you can build huge triceps from jacking off. Doesn't mean its optimal.

Extremely mediocre upper body and chicken legs.

unironically curious, do califags bulk and cut like lifters or do they just eat maintenance?

I agree with your points, but there's a point to keep in mind, when people do calistechnics, it's often because mass isn't their main goal, they want to master moves like planche, one arm handstands, front levers, while having a decent mass. And heavy pull up and heavy dips are really good.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (604x607, 885K)

found a photo of you

Attached: a.jpg (620x349, 242K)

sure. i agree with you.

A man's body. It won't be your own.

>why yes, I do calistethics , what is your problem coping bloatfag?

Attached: Screenshot_20190721-164342.png (1080x1920, 1.68M)

>Muh size

Ever occured to you that getting bigger is a gymtard dream whose logical conclusion is roids and nobody outside of gymtard culture shares?

Not everybody wants to look like a giant ,slab of meat, there are people wanting porpotionate size, beast endurance and strenght
Literally kys, faggot

literally based
trash talking shredded and strong beasts is the biggest cope of the bloatcels
nobody cares about strength and size in a world where twinks and guns exist

>How?
he's the only real natural calisthenic youtuber who actually just do body weight and don't lift

I mean you will inevitably get bigger pecs from push-ups

>Pick the worst example
>He's the only XY Calistethics YouTuber that [just pulled the assertion that out for my ass]

Fucking hell gytards are so hilariously disingenuous it's fucking disgusting

Post body , fattie

Attached: Screenshot_20190910-141751-01.jpg (1080x1583, 561K)

>gymtard
i'm a calisthenicfag as well and yes i'm coping to feel a little better it's been two years since i started

Attached: IMG_20190906_111540.jpg (3120x2845, 1.51M)

>I will never have a slim aesthetic look due to my shit cromagnon genetics
>my options arent limited

>size
Sheer size only matters for bodybuilding competition.
It doesn't matter for
>Attractiveness
>Fighting
>Longevity
>Athletics

Do I think lifting is bad/useless?
Fuck no. Compound lifts & shoulder isolations are FANTASTIC ways to touch up a calisthenic physique.

Do I think the the constant "Oh noes Calisthenics is ''''''suboptimal''''' and you'r wasting your time" nonsense is dumb?
Yes.

Like, damnit, people, Jow Forums used to be better about this.
Then /sp/ & Jow Forums took over and all the knowledge got sluiced down the drain.

What people need to understand is that calisthenics is a sport and a preparation for sport and a way to gain more than just more mass.

You would look perfect with lower bf%

thanks but i wanna get bigger so cutting is not an option

Weighted calisthenics makes you aesthetic as fuck.

Attached: black panther.jpg (618x899, 113K)

What it came down to for me is, do I want to lift to get a good body, or do I want uber barbell strength? The strength tends to bring the bloat, but we're guys so there's ego too. Am I lifting to impress dudes or chicks?

What I found after I actually tried it is calisthenics done the way people are youtubing these days will act us get you a GREAT upper body, as well as decent strength (2plt bench for reps on first try). It's the movements, they're just better ways of working out. Adding weight using a progression or a weight vest is no different than adding a plate, and in some way more advantageous.

That being said, it doesnt really do legs or lower back, and the upper body strength gains will probably end around that 2plt bench without specialized (weights) training. This is the reason you see "weighted calisthenics" as well, or cali guys throwing on a dip belt and doing front squats.

I think you can get everything you need to pick up chicks at the bar as well as not embass yourself in front of the laddingtons at the gym. If you want to excel in strength past those gains you should use barbell, while keeping in mind the body most power lifters actually have.

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 49K)

>mass isnt their goal

Attached: 1555450154853.jpg (666x1024, 59K)

>The strength tends to bring the bloat
It will never stop amazing me how people actually believe this
Strength doesn't bring bloat but bloat can give you better leverages. You can absolutely lift weights and be lean. But if you gained some weight, even if just fat, you'd have an easier time lifting more. In calisthenics you want to be as lean to not weigh yourself down, but calisthenics on their own won't make you lean, your diet will

post body

>strength doesnt bring the bloat
I dont disagree with any of what you said, but in practice for 99% of zoomanons who fall for starting strength it will. Calisthenics has advantages like being more newb frenly, less accident prone, and orders of magnitude cheaper than a gym membership as well as easier to get to. Calisthenic movements for hypertrophy also emphasize things that arent immediately obvious to the novice lifter like mind-muscle connection or tempo. These are important concepts to understand using weights, but if you dont understand them in cali movements you simply wont feel the exercise at all. So, great lessons that can carry over to lifting as well.

Dips and pushups give you a perfectly shaped chest.
Also you get a nice vtaper from all the pullups and chinups.
Squatting 405 gives you trex mode and flat benching 315 manboobs lel.

Attached: täää.jpg (184x184, 6K)

Can someone post a decent guide to starting out with calisthenics? There's nothing on the sticky and I don't trust google or reddit.

Attached: 1566202488673.jpg (1336x2048, 288K)

Just do a 100 push ups a day within ~20 minutes.

>haha all i want to be an otter for a big bear

gtfo my board dyel

>what kind of body do you get from calisthenics
Your own obviously what kind of question is this.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houseki no Kuni - 10 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_02.35_[2018.06.16_22.21.27].png (604x1004, 657K)

you trust Jow Forums???

The very-in-tune-injury-free kind

>reeeeee fuck calisthenics do weightlifting
>reeeeee fuck weightlifting do calisthenics
what if you do both?

Attached: 1546810000973.png (212x238, 5K)

You are in the place full of adults who boast about going to the gym and not playing vidya anymore but never managed to leave their minmaxing RPG mindset behind

Then you have to reee twice as hard

what are your lifts? You talking like you have no exp in the subject

Do you do any weighted calisthenic exercises or do you only use your bodyweight?

most of my sets are just bodyweight but i do use a backpack filled with books it's nothing much really

Noooo, you have to pick a side and be adamant in that is the only true way, you're centrist scum otherwise

Attached: calisthenics.png (1920x1080, 76K)

Skin the cat is beginner? What the shit?
Is it implied that you don't do the reverse or something?

Mirin
Routine?

Is it okay to mix weights and calisthenics? I like doing dips and chin-ups.

workout A
12x3 normal push ups without standing up between sets
12x3 wide push ups without standing up between sets
12x3 wide elevated push ups without standing up between sets
12x3 close grip push up weighted
12x3 wall handstand pushups
12x3 inverted rows weighted
12x3 close grip pull ups weighted
12x3 dips weighted
12x3 bar triceps extension
workout b
is just bulgarian split squat 20x2 each side
then some normal squats and an 12 minute ab routine i found on youtube
then 12x3 hammer pull up
12x3 chin ups
workout c
12x3 pike push ups
12x3 pullups
12x3 inverted rows weighted
12x3 dips weighted
then i hold a handstand on a wall as long as i could
12x3 bar triceps extension
12x3 close grip push up weighted
i do each just once a week i'm sure you could find better but here you go

Do weighted calisthinecs for size.

>what are weighted exercises
NGMI

>Pistol squats don’t do anything and are a terrible exercise.
cope. you probably can't even do a single one.

Hello Satan
I can pull off 2 pistol squats but I heard they are great for fucking up knees so I do bulgarian split squats instead
Please advice

Most of this seems redundant

for you

throw something about hamstrings and lower back in there my dude, what are you doing?
I guess the handstands count for some of it but still

Like Nightwing or Spiderman.
comic characters were actually based on circus performers real world users of gymnastics.

Attached: 87.jpg (416x634, 154K)

any suggestion is welcome but i forgot to mention i do some glute bridges on workout b i guess those work my hamstring a little right ? and on rest days i stretch and do back bridges or whatever it's called

idk man i don't have weights so i'm trying to do what i can these workouts except the first one don't even take an hour i actually feel like i'm underworking

>Skin the cat is beginner? What the shit?

I could do skin the cat easily before I got even my first pullup. Maybe my manletism helps.

Ah yes ofc
Leg curls too or some variation

Skips his push ups days. No tits

Do you go from one exercise to another and then repeat it 3 times during your workouts or do you first finish your 3 sets before going to another exercise?
Also how much time do you rest between sets?

Ottermode at best, twink mode at average. These shredded calisthenics guys telling you that it's possible to get their amazing physique through bodyweight workours are outright scamming you... for IG follows or to make you buy their programs.

Some of them clearly roid, but even taking that out they ALL do "weighted calisthenics", and most of them lift as well.

>inb4 cope
Dont be a poorfag retard. "You can get [professional results] by doing [cheap/lazy thing] and look just like me" had been a staple of the fitness industry for decades.

>Maybe my manletism helps.
Nah. It's easy for non-fatasses. Doing it for more than 5 reps however is quite hard for beginner
t.6.1

Dude's short, they both are. But even taller cali dudes like FitnessFAQs and Austin Dunham have perfectly achievable natty physiques.

i finish my 3 sets before going to another exercise . just 30 seconds on the first 3 push ups variation or it's too easy then i start taking 2 min between exercise and 1 min between sets

Attached: 1445481803324.jpg (500x500, 41K)

>Austin Dunham
>natty
doubt he's been getting a little too big lately out of nowhere

I wonder if more people started taking r/bodyweightfitness seriously after he stopped being their subreddits poster boy?

I used to think this was before I started doing actual sports. You can look incredibly good without ever stepping foot in the gym (though I don't deny those guys may be roiding).

apparently he hasn't been doing this stuff for too many years. looks more like TRT to me. it's certainly natty level when you start younger, but not randomly deciding to do it at practically middle age.

If you're doing calisthenics you should still lift weights for legs and do some chest exercises. Pretty much everything else is doable with only calisthenics

Advanced dips and modified push-ups are not sufficient?

what did he mean by this ?

I like Red Delta Projects bod, it seems pretty realistic for only calisthenics

Attached: twink transform.jpg (300x168, 10K)

My chest became huge from dips on a straight bar with focus on the negative.

god pls be tru