What is the point?

Why are you doing it? What's the point of getting physically fit if it's all just for some petty vanity? Is that all there is to your life? Is that all your body is for you? Just something to show off? Is that all you're worth to yourself and others?
You're spending countless hours with diet and exercise and for what? To look good? does that actually FEEL good? What skill has your body been crafted by? What purpose does the perfect form of picking up a barbell from the floor really net you? What about the perfect form for a punch, a kick, the cut of a sword, the swing of a hammer?
These old statues you worship are people representing the power of action and of skill. What does your body represent? A gym membership?

Trust me when I say that people can easily tell when someone has sculpted their body to look like someone of physical ability vs someone who's had their body sculpted by their pursuit of physical ability.
The ONLY excuse is if you're actually training to win contests of sculpted bodies. But you're not, are you? You're trying to meet women.

Nothing is more boring to hear than you got your abs and your pecs from purely a gym routine with the goal of getting those things and no real reason other than to look good for the sake of looking good.

Attached: cae6dd8cbab177e4ed9a83be580140e2.jpg (236x523, 21K)

When I didn't lift my back and knees hurt all the time, I had pre-hypertension, and if I drank too much I pissed the bed.

So don't do it, idgaf.

>What's the point of getting physically fit
so I can cuddle with cute boys, you faggot

Attached: 1055905722.jpg (819x894, 93K)

I do boxing competition so none of that applies to me.

Bruh i beat the shit out of my body 7 years as a paratrooper. I don't want to feel pain anymore.

>what is projection

there is absolutely no point to being alive in this modern era

I don't even lift, I always looked good, I just come here for the humor of it.

because race war is coming up

You could easily make that argument about any era.

Pure, unadulterated, literal, absolute, unwavering COPE. Post body, you pathetic weakling.

>all that autism
I lift to look good and feel good. you make excuses to cope with looking like shit and feeling shit. never improve faggot

Attached: 1567855598304.jpg (2063x3095, 2.99M)

to party

Attached: 1550205527545.png (1426x276, 87K)

>Vanity
>Self-worth
>Various inconsequential value assessments
>Worship, blah blah
Disregarded.

>Trust me when I say -
Nothing you are saying is providing any value. You are dishonest with others and with yourself.

>Nothing is more boring than -
Reading another post of internalized guilt over not achieving what others have, and which you cannot.

People like things. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean we will not stop liking them and cultivating them for whatever reason we want.

OP is not only a faggot, but a disingenuous retard willfully incapable of understanding the existence of personal preferences.

Absolute Sage and fuck off.

It is my responsibility as a servant of God to be in the best mental and physical shape as reasonably possible so as best to serve Him.

>1 Corinthians 6
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Attached: pepecross.jpg (499x499, 92K)

Amen.
God bless!

You could have probably worked out for the day instead of thinking about this dumb shit and then writing it. At least I gained something. Stay pitiful.

Based Christ-poster, will I make it fellow man of the cloth?

Attached: IMG_6352.jpg (1946x2471, 1018K)

Honor the Lord and you will receive ever lasting gains in the Kingdom of Heaven

Dude our time on this earth is limited. Im pretty much not doing anything else, and I like training lifting heavy weights and getting mires from chiks.

I was showing off my new tattoo to my ex gf at a reunion with a bunch of our friends and she pinched my bicep while giving me "fuck me" eyes, shits cash dude.

We're all gonna die eitherway so you might as well make your stay in this planet enjoyable for as long as you can

>Why are you doing it?
I’m enlisting

I started lifting to be bigger than any of my exes potential new guys, but I fell in love with that heavy ass weight, and I am on my way to gainsville. Getting mires from really young or really old women currently, need that middle sweet spot

OP btfo

I just don't wanna be a slob and/or physically weak, that's about it. The muscle aesthetics are nice to have as well as a skinny guy.

I lift because I’m very into esotericism and i believe that i need to expand my mind as well as my body to ultimately influence my soul. Also your Interpretation of “vanity” is a clear projection. It’s much more mentally healthy to be proud of your body than develop some shitty coping mechanism like you.
>you do it for girls
Any average guy can get girls. I like reaping the fruits of my labor by watching females fawn over me rather than try to impress them. Also it’s biology you fucking nu male, bigger alpha men get more women. Go watch some zyzz and start living life or go jerk off to your futa hentai you fucking onions boy. Sage

I don't do it for me. You ever have to hand your child back to someone after 30 seconds?

Attached: 1566928383729.jpg (480x960, 30K)

PRs are really fun to hit. I've never gone for more than five reps since I actually started lifting.

If you’re getting mires from young and old women. You need to look closer because I can guarantee that women your age are mirin.

Because using and pushing your body is the natural state of the human being. Life is so soft and easy with modern conveniences so we must choose to do something that pushes our body a bit,. Everyone has the drive or else your genes wouldn't have survived all the wars, plagues, disasters, etc. With this in mind, it's a choice nowadays. You can Spend a small bit of time feeding your natural hunger or be weak mockery of your body's natural state. Get fat and strong, thin and ripped, whatever, just do something.
So there's your answer limp wristed, transvestite, cock-sucker.

I think I would be, I'm just home from uni and I live in a family town. I go back soon so it will be the true test of my summer work

yeah if you’re a retard

I lift to be better than these people

Attached: E9C2EB02-241F-47E4-8DE9-CA6EF28F419F.jpg (640x838, 102K)

i want to be a dinosaur bros

Attached: coomer.png (1786x1084, 692K)

Wow, OP's a real faggot.

I want to tell people not to cut in line, and for them to just do it cause I look to big to fuck with

Also I want to be able to pick people up when I fuck them, I'm 6'3" but don't have the stamina to maintain that yet.

Went from 315 obese down to a slim-ish 220 and now I'm looking to bulk up and hone my cardio.

After that I want to join an mma gym and beat up corrupt elites in my small town as a form of vigilante justice.

Attached: mApOCWC3Oc3sxvxtAqZ1QyT0GfMwnqLo4GBrAyqnBeU.jpg (766x767, 78K)

What kind of retarded cope thread is this? Nobody is making you go to the gym so don’t need your distorted justifications or excuses here. It feels good to be physically fit. It feels good to know your body is strong. It feels good to improve the vessel you will live every day of your with.

This post was made by a low motivation nihilist-tier retard that is so plagued by today’s instant gratification that they probably never put any serious time and effort into bettering themselves so results to armchair sophistry and negativity. Pathetic.

thank you for your service, goyim

NGL, I started lifting a bit before HS because there was a girl I liked
Never got anywhere with her. Wound up going to the same uni and asking her out twice. Both times went about the same; yes, then closer to the actual day she's "too busy". Honestly she probably wasn't BSing me; full class schedule and a bunch of other stuff. Whatever.

Long before I wound up asking her out it became more about just feeling better in my day-to-day life. I'm sure you all know what I mean, even if you're at a desk job. Feels way better actually doing stuff too, one thing I really noticed was once I got some trap development from shrugs, my shoulders stopped hurting wearing a backpack all day (had always been a problem since I started school as a kid)

Now it's basically the only thing stopping me from an heroing. I don't really have any other pursuits where I'm accomplishing something and can say I do it entirely for myself and because I want to. I don't really get a sense of meaning from work or anything else. I just look forward to working on my body; lift heavier stuff, do more before getting tired, do new things like muscle-ups, etc.

I just want to look at myself and be proud instead of feeling disappointed and ashamed.

Based religious poster

What's the point?
> Health
> Confidence
> Being an example to my children
> Maintaining good physical activity is key to a good mental health. Mens sana in corpore sano should ring a bell you inane greek statue poster.
> Being usefull in an emergency
> Making my wife proud to walk alongside me. Making her feel protected.

You're insanely retarded.

Attached: 1566445196358.png (905x766, 701K)

Good bait. I ask you - what's the point of anything? Life is only a series of self-inflicted distractions before one dies. Lifting happens to be a very worthy distraction.

cept I lift for strength

Young one about to do what you did.
Will still do it.

No, I'm actually, factually, competing in bodybuilding shows. I do it because I have the genetics for it, so I'm taking full advantage of the card I've been dealt, and I'm fortunate enough that what I can excel at is seen as something of value.
Also this

Bad bait-

I do it for mai waifu.
I know what I'm fighting for.

Attached: 324701dc62c8f8d133f86fad02ed3239.jpg (789x1650, 907K)

My vanity is certainly only vanity, but it is not shallow. To deride the pursuit of bodily and personal aesthetics as necessarily shallow is the excuse of lazy and ugly men. Being honestly vain about your body, your skin, your hair, how you dress, is redpilled and everyone should embrace it.

I want to be perfect, flawless, implacable. Strength is the only thing that matters in this world; the only way to be a moral agent is by actualising your will.

Ultimately, the body is a thing to be ruled, and as Aristotle says, all things exist in a kind of hierarchy, and it is best and moral that the superior rule the inferior. When the body rules the mind, both the body and mind are ugly and disgusting, when the mind rules the body, both are noble and beautiful, and work towards a common good.

Attached: Sci-Fi.jpg (720x986, 171K)

I m sick of this kind of thread, fucking cope harder faggot

You've got a dog's brain, got it.

Narcissism is a trait, not a strength, of character.

user these are just interim times, I feel humanity is going to propel fast and hard within the next 50 years, we’re like the hangover of the old world

Attached: socrates.jpg (400x500, 54K)

I lift because Im weak, theres not much to it dude

>does that actually FEEL good?
Yes.
Next question

Whats the point of living if youre going to die?

I only do it because it takes a few hours a week and it makes me not feel like constant shit all the time.

Who's your favorite director OP?

I'm gonna guess Francis Ford COPEalla judging by your post.

Honest vanity and narcissism are not the same and if you can’t understand this you’re a literal brainlet

*mogs all dyels*
Doesnt even lift

Attached: 1568367249102.jpg (800x552, 105K)

Lifting is good for your bones.
Cardio is good for the heart.
I do both because I'll feel better than if I did neither.
Looking better than when I just sat on my ass all day is a very nice side effect.
Your entire post looks like its attacking something elusive to make yourself feel good by looking good in front of strangers on the internet.
You think you sound wise but you don't have the actual wisdom to back it or authority to trick people into believing. Your post is a dyel on synthoil.

Attached: 1565057570473.png (429x561, 362K)

>countless hours with diet and exercise
I mean it really only takes up an hour per day, not that much of an investment. Plus it refreshes your perspective, whole outlook on life becomes shiny and new after a good lift

Attached: 1558181988528.jpg (1080x1080, 165K)

I want to be healthy and mobile for as long as possible, and I want to be a capable fighter. Looks are a byproduct.

monke :^)

There’s no point to anything so I do something rather than killing myself. That’s why I lift

What's the point of writing an essay for a shitpost? Is that all there is to your life

based and christpilled

you can either die, live miserably, or try to live less miserably.

I don't really want to die.

I'm running away from depression and oneitis
It's a great cope, and if I were to stop I'd likely kill myself

Nah i just like to shut mental pain with physical pain. It's better to hit the gym than to cut yourself and drink

lemon key :^)

The real redpill: there's very little point to most pursuits.

Whether you're trying to get rich or have a successful career or get good at an instrument or learn to speak a foreign language or read a lot of books, the actual benefits are really rather modest compared to the dick-swinging involved.

Yeah sure, having some money is good, just as having enough muscle mass to walk around and pick shit up and be able to move in an emergency is good.

But let's be real, the extra effort to pile up $10M+ or get insanely jacked is really just to swing around your penor and say fuck you to everyone else.

I don't want to feel ashamed to take off my shirt in public. I don't like what I see in the mirror.