Why is chess such a chad game?

Pic related is chess Grandmaster Magnus Carlson.

Attached: 3838.jpg (605x363, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xSTqYxQAQN8
youtube.com/watch?v=5gPlHPsehfg
youtube.com/watch?v=6ygQMw4rBHg
youtu.be/xXiVpFE3Zs0
youtube.com/watch?v=fiSnB00iitI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzOIU6sEL3Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grandmaster Levon Aronian

Attached: aronian-london.jpg (800x658, 356K)

Fuck I don't know but it's fucking chad indeed

Attached: Kasparov-Karpov.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

It's gay.

Grandmaster Baskaran Adhiban.
Even the Indians are chadjeets. Does the game just attract the genetically gifted or do you think those who play chess are more likely to lift and eat well.

Attached: D0-TFm6X4AA7wKS.jpg (800x1200, 171K)

baby boomer game

It attracts high IQ people who are more likely to be exceptional in other aspects of life, or at least be smart enough to eat well and take care of themselves.

It requires high IQ

Attached: 1568374615218.jpg (1000x2891, 1.25M)

Was waiting for this

The russian grandmaster looks how youd expect him to look

Attached: Alexander_Grischuk_3,_Candidates_Tournament_2018.jpg (279x391, 70K)

It's not

Attached: 20190726_184248.jpg (1057x1116, 251K)

I dunno but when will this fucker be dethroned

GM Vassily Ivanchuk has always been the ultimate autismo chess chad

Attached: ivanchuk.jpg (1280x720, 223K)

>agadmator
Based

>why is chess such a chad ga-

Attached: 1568375709994.jpg (2000x1925, 1.24M)

How is that a good move?

It's clickbait.

youtube.com/watch?v=xSTqYxQAQN8

Does he kill women and rape their corpse though?

He looks like half of his face has been mirrored to another.

Probably not a move, just a projection of control of the diagnol by the queen. Whites king is currently stuck in placs and there are no good moves to free it

Wtf I love chess now

Dangerously based

Btw he’s actually full Jewish, and not half as it’s said. His mum the nurse (Jew) got pregnant not by his husband but by another Jew I believe she used to work with or something along those lines. The resemblance is uncanny between Bobby and his biological father

Chess is a fairly anti-chad game actually.

Look up the biographies of the most famous chess players... They were very smart but losers in pretty much every regard most of the time. Why waste your superior intellect on moving around pieces on a board instead of starting a company or uncovering some great discoveries? Many of the greatest chess players were literal alcoholics or degenerates that were NEETs but just really good at chess.

Attached: 1567464075025.jpg (1280x1280, 270K)

perfect facial symetry. sign of a true chad

How can Jow Forumscels even compete?

Attached: TAL.jpg (200x257, 10K)

"chess is such a chad ga-

Attached: images (17).jpg (225x225, 14K)

>[Magnus] Carlsen's breakthrough occurred in the Norwegian junior teams championship in September 2000, where Carlsen scored 3½/5 against the top junior players of the country, and aperformance rating(PR) of about 2000.[13]Apart from chess, which he studied about three to four hours a day, Carlsen's favourite pastimes included playingfootballand readingDonald Duckcomics.[14]Carlsen also practisedskiing until the age of ten.[15]
Certified photographic-memorychad who makes $1million per championship and had a normal childhood

Ok ive been staring at that setup for an hour trying to figure out whats the play here and after watching the video i feel like a complete brainlet. How do they come up with these plays? How can I even compete?

Just because I lift weights doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Grandmaster level play basically involves autistic level prediction of every move that will be played after a move is made. Most of the time theyre just waiting for their opponent to make a small blunder so you can trade piece into the endgame and maybe end up with an extra pawn when the dust settles. Lots of games end in ties and when they dont they usually end with one guy seeing checkmate 15 moves away and resigning.

Rare exception. Most chess players in history were drunks and NEETs.

>Thinking agadmator is based
t. brainlet

>thinking agadmator isn't based
cringe

>read this thread
>go to youtube after
>there's some video about chess recommended to me

Based and forestpilled

Attached: come, i will show you my dark forest.jpg (799x1006, 233K)

I'm not too good at chess but I think it's a checkmate if the dark squared bishop moves g5, rook takes knight at d2 (which is being protected by bishop) and then Queen f2 after king tries to run away

You can be a based Jew there is nothing inherent that demands you must behave badly and be a rat fink.

I'm pretty sure chess players don't wank, that's why their faces look so high test

>Be genius
>Could make a billion dollars by starting a revolutionary and disruptive new business
>Could contribute to various fields with world-changing discoveries and be noted in history forever
>Could build a huge legacy and make sure your grandchildren's grandchildren never have to work as they inherit your huge amount of wealth

>INSTEAD spend it studying how to move pieces around on a chess board in a rather irrelevant and obscure game that most of the population does not give a fuck about

What's the fuckin point lmao.

Attached: 1568170099707.png (427x576, 310K)

>implying chess players are geniuses

media illuminati are behind everything man

Might as well play tictactoe.

what a lad

Attached: Capture.jpg (720x96, 18K)

google (or use startpage) "cognitive flexibility" and what it means
then google "fluid intelligence" and what it means
Strategy games increase cognitive flexibility (except the mobile game garbage). Civ IV and StarCraft especially. Pretty sure that chess affects you similarly at higher levels.

>chess gamechad
>Not picking poker
>Not playing poker in 2019

Never gonna make it

Attached: chadofalltimes.jpg (660x438, 35K)

Protip: You can't. Ever. Sorry.

youtube.com/watch?v=5gPlHPsehfg

youtube.com/watch?v=6ygQMw4rBHg

You're better off doing something more applicable though. If you wanted to make an impact in the field of mathematics for example it would be dumb to spend countless hours playing StarCraft.

what about CivV?

>If you wanted to make an impact in the field of mathematics
Maybe they just want to play starcraft

you can master deity easily in Civ V, meanwhile it's common to give up on the noble difficulty in Civ IV. much more challenging

You'd be ridiculous if you really were this blind to what I was implying.

this is true. He was also a total nutjob. I recommend the movie "Pawns Sacrifice" and this youtube video
youtu.be/xXiVpFE3Zs0

>Playing poker in 2019
>Not cashing out before Black Friday
Absolute retard

>Black Friday
> 8 fucking years ago

Attached: you.jpg (214x236, 8K)

Yeah, good luck making any money beyond grinding live mid-stakes games in Vegas. If you weren't so retarded you'd be retired and taking it easy now.

oh well, i gave up on Civ V after two games so i think i should just get used to being mentally challenged

If the mother is Jewish the child is too. That's my understanding at least. He loved America and human dignity more than his lineage

generally speaking you always get better at what you do regularly.

i've tried to kill myself a couple times. soon...

nah bro there's always a way out of a problem

This is a lie.

You should find the letter he wrote to the kike newsletter that was attempting to appropriate Fishers' name into being a Jew. Stating that they only begun writing about him being Jewish after he became famous. After he came out openly saying he wasn't Jewish, ((they)) went on to claim that his parents where either both or his mother only was Jewish, which became gospel to the public. He consistently states that he's family was never Jewish.

Based Jew. Forgoing his linage for the American Ideal.

Oh yes

How the fuck is this Jow Forums related you dumb fucking faggot

Based go poster

And I got made fun of for going to the chess club as a kid

>dat feel when 2300 fide rating , 6'3" and good looking

Attached: monica-1993-paris-696x1044.jpg (696x1044, 114K)

>Greatest chess player in history
>IQ higher than Einstein
>Jewish
>Hated Jews
really made me think

youtube.com/watch?v=fiSnB00iitI

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (190x253, 11K)

Genius tends to come across as lunacy to average minds.

Imagine watching a movie about an anti-Semite that was written by a Jew and thinking you were getting a truthful story. They even went as far as to cast him as a scrawny, whiny manlet when he was actually a 6'1 chad, just to fuck with his image.

>playing solved games

The antithesis of chad

embaressing

Most chad game and only game you should play

Attached: FABE20CC-C296-4876-A2CF-D24AE08A68B6.jpg (590x512, 75K)

Litteraly me
>go to youtube
>watch ted talk about chess
>go in Jow Forums
>first thread is a chess thread

His content is honestly brainlet tier. He just plays through a game providing very little actual analysis.

guy's a legit badass

Chess is a crappy tactical turn based RPG developed by a bunch of monkeys.

Right away you'll notice Chess has no storyline. Instead, all you notice is the the White army and the Black army are fighting each other over
a battlefield. Note the "a battlefield," because Chess only has one story map.

As for the actual combat, it's extremely dull. Each unit can kill another with only one hit. This means units with a real good movement
ability dominate the field (more on that bellow). There aren't even any combat animations or anything that happens in combat. One unit moves
on it's space and "captures" it, and the piece is removed from the game with no form of action or special effects.

Yawn.

Chess has shitty class balance. The Queen is flat out overpowered while your actual front line units, the Pawns. can't do shit. I think the
developers were afraid that no one would use the female character so they buffed up her abilities really high but now theres no point in using any
other unit.

The rest of the units suck. Rooks can only move in 4 directions, same with Bishops. Boring. Also, whats up with the Knight? It has the most bizzare
combat abilities of all the units. They're retardly hard to use cause they jump around like retards to move and attack. The devs should have named
this unit Ninja, since Knights didn't jump around like that in real life.

Worst part, is the king. You see, the devs decided that if your king gets captured, you instantly lose the game. W-T-F? This wouldn't be a problem,
except that he can't move for crap. Seriously, the most important unit in the game can only move 1 space a turn? Good luck keeping him alive while
every other unit in the game dances around him.

Unbalanced classes, lackluster gameplay, and not to mention repetitive 1 hour+ games. Chess is not worth the time or your money.
Buy Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea instead.

3 out of 10.

Baste

For one it would be check.
Everywhere the king could move after that it would still be compromised either by the queen the lawn or the castle
Still, the mastery would be in the setup

Based and redpilled

Easier to learn, yet even harder to master. Great choice.

Also more boring, especially to watch and analyse. Chess is an aesthetically beautiful game.

Because there's money in it, and they enjoy it. Why are you wasting your time on a homoerotic subsection of a mongolian basket weaving forum

nowbpost nakamura oh no no nooooo

Who here team chessbrah?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzOIU6sEL3Q

fuck yes. Cool dudes.

Complete chesslet here, John Bartholomew, hanging pawns, chess network and that ginger GM has some really good recaps of his own games but he is like an archetype chess players. awkard, sickly looking, not funny. Good though.

Fuck on out of here and post my boy Grischuk more

Attached: 05.jpg (449x600, 70K)

Go is such a 2-dimensional game.

Future world champion, boys

ChessNetwork is wholesome as fuck.

Double 8's, never lie.
Fellow chess bro

Kek

Because it requires a very masculine mind, and people who are hyper-masculine in one way are usually hyper-masculine in others

There's very little to no money in it you idiot

The FIDE world championship prize is $1 million, soon to be $2 million. The top players make comfy livings. Sure, not comparable to mainstream sports, but it's not bad for a board game.

The best.

How many people can win $1million dumb-dumb?

There are dozens of smaller tournaments throughout the year, and it's not just first place that gets a prize, dumb dumb. All of the top grand masters make comfy livings playing chess. They can also make bank selling private lessons.

I highly doubt that most of them make good money. It's not that popular of a sport. You aren't guaranteed to win tournaments, there will naturally be a lot of people who don't and you have to pay for your room and board.

Lel despite what he says, you can look up both his mother and biological father, and both a clearly jewish. This doesn't have any bearing on what he says btw