Moneeeeeeeyy

Why the fuck are Dumbells so expensive?
the are just a fucking tube with some metal plates on them
>inb4 go to a gym
I dont have access to one
can anyone link some cheap adjustible ones?

Im seriously thinking about going /diy/ mode and building the myself

Attached: gold dumbell.png (850x450, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NmVaKl7j-Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=DZHny0z7Ke8
youtube.com/watch?v=basTk2geBnY
youtube.com/watch?v=PrXwFBixKTw
youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Power blocks classic. $300. Too much? Start saving fag.

>hurr why are adjustable dumbbells so expensive
>do my work for me i'm a fucking retard

Look for them on Craigslist and Facebook market place. I literally only made a Facebook for the market place feature. The heavier weights are harder to find but I’ve managed to get 15s-100s over the years for cheap. I’ve gotten benches, power towers, plates, anything you can think off for stupid cheap to create an awesome home gym.

why should I spend 300 bucks on an object that does nothing but wheigh a certain wheight?
not worth it buddeh

>I don't have access to a gym
>Dumbells are too expensive
So what did you come here for, just to whine?
Your only holding yourself back with your excuses you pathetic piece of shit

capitalism

Yoo ghust weiyt teel eye ghet mei hnds un yu, u mys-speling fargot

thanks for the advice buddeh

Attached: tumblr_inline_o8iq32WJyX1tj9g22_250.jpg (250x291, 25K)

You know you can always do bodyweights right

Fill a a toilet paper roll (pic related) with sand and duckduck tape the ends closed.

Attached: rolls.jpg (1920x1080, 436K)

Make some out of concrete

>why do I have to pay money for a certain amount of a material and the work involved in fashioning it into the end product?

Attached: DWyRNafU8AE9M3a.jpg (1200x1000, 190K)

This. Concrete is very cheap and easy to use. If you can’t figure out how to make them, you’re ngmi

I'll second this. I've mixed concrete for cashies and I'm retarded.
It's not hard.

I'm a poorfag and managed to save enough money to buy some weights. They're indeed ridiculously expensive for what they are, but come on.

They also have a lot of permanence compared to other things.
Yes it's just heavy shit attached to a handle but it lasts a lifetime or more.

2x10lb
2x15lb
2x40lb

Thick grips
Ankle weights (2x5lb]
Chains and carabiners

That's enough to get 5-100lbs easily.

Attached: Adobe_20190908_161512.png (887x1761, 2.94M)

>I literally only made a Facebook for the market place feature
I'm sorry, but why do people like this so much? I tried it using a friend's account and it seems to be the worst of both craigslist and Facebook, where it's all the horrible pictures and vague descriptions of bad craigslist posts combined with facebook botnet shit.

All you need is a pullup bar

Attached: 1539582719483.png (2516x1244, 239K)

Making a Virgin vs Chad meme to justify your own fitness goals is pretty virginal.

I was told weights are so expensive because you can sell them for scrap for 50 cents a pound.

go full ghetto gym
everyone can make it brah

Attached: P1010053.jpg (1024x768, 162K)

Attached: 1382807513_9846.jpg (500x335, 44K)

Attached: BujV3uNCAAAKkro.jpg (600x450, 61K)

Attached: 260.jpg (1053x800, 182K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NmVaKl7j-Ig

youtube.com/watch?v=DZHny0z7Ke8

youtube.com/watch?v=basTk2geBnY

youtube.com/watch?v=PrXwFBixKTw

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

Holy shit that's so fucking deppressing. Get a job and get real weight faggot

Try a goodwill or whatever second hand store you have around. Might find a decent range of pairs for less than an adjustable set.

Dumb bells are expensive because a mass of metal itself is pricey.

Metal is fundamentally pricey. Forming that metal into a particular shape is pricey. Then shipping those fucking heavy things out to you requires a certain amount of energy, which is inherently costly.

Why is this hard to understand? 50, 100lbs of anything costs a decent chunk of change. Constrain it by density and you're looking at more.

Litterrally go outside and pickup heavy stones

based stone lifting chad

Attached: Untitled-design-26.jpg (940x788, 500K)

this is fucking nuts, how do they learn all of this?

The density of stone/concrete compared to iron is shit.

Concrete 0.087 lb/cu in
Iron 0.284 lb/cu in
Lead 0.409 lb/cu in
Tungsten 0.708 lb/cu in

Here's a visual given identically sized DBs (unless my math is horribly wrong).

>doesnt workout with tungsten weights.
NGMI

Attached: weight.jpg (503x517, 38K)

You can add lead shot to a concrete mixture to adjust the weight

>doesnt workout with osmium
ngmi

Just buy 1" iron weights. 2" weights are great, but they're not good for home unless you're going super-deluxe with a dedicated weight room. If you want to use dumbbells, you'll want 1" plates, and you can get good training out of a 1" barbell, even though you can't do heavy squats and deadlifts.

Spin-lock handles work fine. They're annoying, they rattle and you have to retighten on every set, but fundamentally, they're adequate. Unless you really ignore the warning signs, they won't drop plates on your head or your toes, which is what's most important to avoid with dumbbells.

Here's my recommended buying order:
1 spin-lock dumbbell handle
2 10 lb. plates
2 5 lb. plates
2 2.5 lb. plates
2 1.25 lb. plates
more 10 lb. plates: up to 8 in total
1" barbell (don't go too cheap, try and get one rated for at least 250 lbs) with spring clips
more 10 lb. plates: up to 20 in total
2nd spin-lock handle
1 long dumbbell handle with secure clips you need a wrench to take off (you can get ones you can load to about 200 lbs)
barbell stands
bench

Apart from the bench, you can pack all of this away under the furniture even if you're living in one small room.

I'd like to emphasize that you don't really need the stands or the bench. They're just nice to have for obvious reasons.

One substitute for the bench is a strong bucket or stool with a foam pad. You can kind of crab walk your upper back onto the pad, and then do a pullover to get a dumbbell into your hands. This is okay for one-arm db bench press, and of course, pullovers. One-arm db bench press is underrated. With two hands to manage the dumbell, it's convenient to start and finish sets with heavy weights, and you get a good abdominal workout stabilizing yourself.

Without stands, you can of course just clean the bar to do overhead press, and you can also learn to do what I call a "popunder", which is to start the bar up like you're doing a push-press, and then duck your head under and catch it on your shoulders with a knee dip to soften the landing. You can fairly reasonably move the heaviest weight you can push-press this way, which gives you a decent squat workout at high reps, and it's much easier to do in reverse, so ending sets is possible. It does take coordination though, so you have to practice it a bit for it to be safe.

With a 1" bar, you're generally limited to about 250 lbs anyway, so not having squats stands isn't such a big deal. Deadlifts maxing out at 250 lbs isn't ideal, but you can do power cleans and high pulls, experiment with a wide grip, or just do more reps.

All in all, it's enough to get far stronger than most men ever are.

Shipping and handling. Everybody wants dumbells, ain't nobody wanna lift them.

>Doesnt poison himself with toxic precious metal costing ~$400 per ounce (31g) and twice as rare as gold.

Plebeians

>Without stands, you can of course just clean the bar to do overhead press, and you can also learn to do what I call a "popunder", which is to start the bar up like you're doing a push-press, and then duck your head under and catch it on your shoulders with a knee dip to soften the landing.

Hey jerk, what's a clean?

>Doesnt poison himself with toxic precious metal costing ~$400 per ounce (31g) and twice as rare as gold.

Plebeians

>>you can of course just clean the bar to do overhead press
>Hey jerk, what's a clean?
I don't know what you're trying to say.

The popunder isn't a clean or a jerk, it's a way to get the bar from the front squat position to the high-bar back squat position. It does start like a jerk, but I don't like to raise the bar to full overhead before lowering to the back shoulders. It's dropping from a higher height, so it'll fall harder, and you're more likely to injure yourself.

Anyway, if you don't want to do that, you can learn the steinborn lift, in which you stand the barbell up on end (you'll need something tighter than spring clips for this), and then tilt it onto your back shoulders in a wide sumo stance. This works, but I don't like to bother with the tighter clips.

With the 10 lb plates, if you take a wide grip for deadlifts, you're basically doing full squat depth anyway, so maybe you don't need squats at all. I think this should be a very effective exercise (especially if you accelerate it into a high pull), but I don't find it to be a comfortable one.

>botnet
based Jow Forumsentoogirl (male)

i made some serious gainz with just an 80cm swiss ball, a pullup bar and 2 dumbells. fuck paying for the gym. and yes they do have out of proportion arms and a girlie bubble butt, they look fucking retarded desu

>yeah bro everything is always fairly priced is the us of a!
You are a neocon aren’t you?

Projecting this hard over a meme is even more virginial

Stupid tripfag posted this picture before. I just didn't want to reply to it.

Buy some olympic db handles and some plates, dude.

50$ bucks will get you started with a okay set of adjustable weights and enough weights to get you out of being a beginner. In short, the fuck are you on about?

>this is fucking nuts, how do they learn all of this?
The ripped off the OG white Australian guy.
youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

They're not, and if you buy decent ones, they should last you literally a decade or longer.

Why are so many of you poor? I thought you Jow Forums and Jow Forums fags that crossboard on Jow Forums were high IQ and talented individuals?

Attached: 1555564310512.png (1906x1402, 830K)

Iron costs money dipshit.

Attached: iron.jpg (840x554, 142K)

>it’s not faiiirrr why did they make it so expensive why can’t everything be free?
Go back to leftypol faggot

High IQ and talents can't make up for laziness and/or lack of desire to adapt to the world (instead of insisting on the reverse).