Bands for hypertrophy?

Can I get good results doing my curls, triceps and lateral raises with bands?
I have no access to DBs at the moment.
Rep scheme will be 5-6 sets of 10 reps

Attached: Resistance-Band-Exercise-Elastic-Band-Workout-Ruber-Loop-Crossfit-Strength-Pilates-Fitness-Equipment (800x800, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

x3bar.com/
youtube.com/user/JamesGrage
casall.com/tool/tools/rubberbands
youtube.com/watch?v=xf9QQBc_7e4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10 reps sounds piss easy.
Do them till failure.

My experience is that they're better than nothing, but in general working with high-resistance bands is awkward as shit. Use them in conjunction with bodyweight exercises.

Bands are shit because the assistance varies through the motion. Also the direction of force of tension in the bands can change, unlike barbells which has a constant gravitational force.

Why do you need DBs? Plenty of very strong, big dudes got so without touching DBs.

I'm doing niggersthenics but wanna add some bodybyilding-style high volume hypertrophy work

Ok well the things about varying tensile force and direction through the ROM are still true.

Also, additionally, a new truth has been revealed: you are a niggerfaggot.

Just because I'm doing niggersthenics to get more cock from the boys, doesn't make me a niggerfaggot.
And what's all that gobbledegook in your first paragraph? Are YOU trying to get some cock, you faggot?

I don't have barbells either because the faggot ass gyms require bank accounts and credit cards, and I'm anprim as fuck

No, you can only gain muscle if you spend $5k on a home gym, or hire a top tier physical trainer at an exclusive, expensive gym.

In prison, we would fill a garbage bag full of water and tie it to a broom handle... As long as you are stressing your muscles enough, you can grow.

>Failure

Never, ever going to make it. What a faggot.

did you hoop that shit, homie?

post body

Attached: 413a.jpg (900x1118, 287K)

Attached: DDe9jmjXYAAaPQ2.jpg (646x595, 42K)

Bump
What an excellent thread

Excellent for recovery & muscle building. You should also do weights for maximum effectivity regarding hypertrophy.

What the fuck is the context of this?

Brapper

Attached: 1538523908003.jpg (315x391, 29K)

I'm not a homie. My house got raided because I was growing weed... This was in California. 15 years later and there are stores doing millions of dollars of business selling the same thing, and I am still a convicted felon. Thankfully, the governor is handing out pardons to illegal aliens that hire contract killers and doing whatever he can to fuck over citizens.

Check'em

Attached: 1564254635891.jpg (598x600, 148K)

Bands are god tier, if you know how to use them.

Best 500 dollars I've ever spent.

x3bar.com/

Lmao

Excellent, you started a thread I had in mind!

My view of bands is that they are the best out there there is. The reason they are not much wider used is because there they are still relatively fresh on the scene, and most people are still associating muscle building with gyms and free weights, and also the simple fact that there is almost no way to make money with them.

I used to train hard in the gym for about 4 years until about 17 years ago. I trained 3-5 times a week, had a very athletic body - hot girls would essentially make advances on me quite often (had no game at the time though).

Now I am on track to get ripped again, but I am training ONLY with bands. I train in a public calisthenics park in the center of my city here in Germany (Hamburg), I train 3-5 times a week. I do full body work outs; I run in a slow pace to the park for about 16 minutes for warm up, then stretch my muscles with the lightest band for about 8-10 minutes.
Then, I move on to a full body workout, where I simulate practically ALL the machines I trained with back in the days.

Bands for me are the perfect solution: you can variate the resistance in multiple ways (tighter grip, stack bands, length of movement etc.) and most of all, you can switch the exercise literally within seconds. I.e., if you have your training plan in mind, then you don't waste time on changing weights, waiting for/going to a machine when in a gym etc. You can pack a lot of very exhausting exercises into just one hour, that would normally take 90mins to 2h in a regular gym.

As for results: I am now in my 4th month of regular training and am very satisfied with the results. However, gains have started coming in in high gear only since I also started supplementing with Creatine and Proteine shakes.

There is an excellent guy on YT who has uploaded plenty of high quality vids about bands, you should definitely check him out:

youtube.com/user/JamesGrage

Dis guy gets it

The YT channel show exercises with band alone to cope when away from the temple ?

OP here, thanks for your detailed post!
My main workout is also at a calisthenics park: pullups, pushups, inverted rows, leg raises, windshield wipers, neck curls, supermans, hill sprints. I do 2 rounds, lately weighted with a cinder block.
The hardest thing to teain is shoulders (it's easy to hurt yourself on handstand pushups prodressions.) To be honest, the number 1 thing I want to his with the high volume bands is deltoid lateral raises.

The bands feel different from free weights and stress the muscle differently, so I want to find out other anons' experiences with them.

No, he teaches you that it doesn't take a temple to get the same results. He has a very successful body building past and then was forced to switch to bands initially for rehab iirc. He is now training with bands exclusively and teaches you everything you need to know about the basics.
The good thing about bands is that you can try stuff out on your own and invent your own exercises.

Meh it's okay. I wish the bar was longer.
Thinking of building a deadlift platform with band attachments and just using some 2" bamboo rods as a DIY poor man's gym for around the same cost as my x3 bar system.

>The bands feel different from free weights and stress the muscle differently

That's where the full beauty of the bands kicks in: by varying the grip length, the band length itself (e.g. by twisting them around a pole) or changing the length of the motion, you can fine tune the resistance very very exactly to your need.
And don't get turned off by their unspectacular looks; with thick bands, you can get a hell of a lot of resistance to work with!

BTW, I use the 3 long rubber bands from swedish company Casall, the black the grey and the orange one:

casall.com/tool/tools/rubberbands

I bought them because the shop was nearby, any other vendor will surely do the job as well.
I usually take the grey one for stretching, the black one for the first 1-2 sets, and then the orange one for the final exhaustion set, depending on the exercise.
Alternatively, I combine the black and grey or orange and grey band for max resistance.

Also, I bought myself some nice functional gore tex sports shoes, trousers and jacket. Training outside when it's raining has become my favorite since then!

What about adding bands to barbell exercises?

youtube.com/watch?v=xf9QQBc_7e4

These things always snap. Luckily it's like

Had that happen to me twice, once with a very heavy band. I surprised me that it didn't really hurt much.
This was also how I learned that there really is a difference between cheap and more expensive bands. Where cheaper bands get tears at various places which ultimately result in breaking of the band, my new and expensive ones have no tears at all even after 4 months of intensive usage.

Yes, you can. The stuff that the other ann said that the resistance varies through the motion is through, but this can be a help to you in order to focus on certain parts of the movement..
If you want to train more evenly you'd have to perorm the full movement, then repeat it holding the band already stretched and only complete the first part.

The bands also offer you alternatives that aren't possible with db and bb, because you don't have resistance exclusively against gravity.

You'll have to get creative, but there are many ways you cn train with bands, combining them with bodyweight and whatever random weights you may have at home, like books, waterbottles and so on.

Which ones do you use? I've just been buying new ones every 3 months after I wear through all the different resistances.

Bought one of these with the metal springs too, but found it useless

Attached: chest_expander_1.jpg (425x425, 29K)

Yes, I got similar ones and never had any issue with them tearing, even though I sometimes double them up and twist "handles" for better grip.

Laugh if you want but it works

I got two one low and the other middle resistence, to practice dips and pull up

It's just the price man, it's boomertastic

I'll start using them for better eccentric movement on my isolation lifts next time

isn't that just a bunch of resistance bands with a platform and a bar to hold them?
You can buy those things separately for much much cheaper

they are good, but buy a pulley bar or hook pulley bar to use them, because is hard to hold them in the hand to doing exercises.

i use them mainly for triceps pulley, biceps curls, and back row, in my home gym

Can you explain the pulley stuff in more detail? I have the bands and agree it's a pain in the ass to hold them.

sure, pic related is what i call pulley bar, i use one of this for triceps pulley with bands.

But you can use another types of "pulley's bar", like the one you use with one hand to do crossover for chest or lateral raises in pulley, and the one in V shape you use for row.

Attached: kroon-mb-08.jpg (1000x667, 82K)

nice, thanks for the reply man. I'm assuming you wrap the band where the chain would be?

Didn't even think of using these things and didn't assume they could be bought separate from machines.