Be watching arms and armor videos on youtube

>be watching arms and armor videos on youtube
>suddenly saw webm related
>dude is shooting a 160 pound bow like it's nothing lmao
I'm so inspired rn lads, is this even achievable natty?
Should I get into long bow just for the gains?

Attached: agincourt2.webm (1000x563, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DSTvLAhLpgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hGO_-rX70ps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's achievable but the asymmetrical stresses on your body over a long enough period will literally deform your spine and make you look like a Welshman.

Attached: archer-and-skeleton-crop-720x600.jpg (720x600, 87K)

that guy doesn't look deformed tho, just a more natural proportion than pure gymrats. plus you can have an interesting hobby to talk about with qts.
>wow you're ripped
>yea I shoot english long bow, draw weight 160 pounds

Attached: 1564266800375.jpg (611x610, 55K)

>I'm so inspired
Cliche as hell

Heavy rows would help with this kind of stuff, right?

I doubt you will get any deformities by shooting bow once in a while, but professional archers can easily get one
youtu.be/DSTvLAhLpgQ

I'm into woodworking, I remember one week I crafted a crossbow, showed it to my friends for them to shoot with but none of them had enough strength to pull the bow

Am I being retarded or couldn't you just practice on both sides

Reminder that there is a maximum draw tension to bows before the increased acceleration on the arrow causes flight irregularities or structural failure of the shaft.

nice classical sminem

No. It is a weird movement. The only thing I find that helps is pulling a bow.

It's kinda cool, but pointless. A decent compound bow is going to give you more baby for your buck, and you don't have to spend years building strength to shoot it.... I'm going to go shoot my bow now.

This seems like more of a redditism than a fact.

It's not a 160 pound bow. 60 lbs is about the maximum draw weight you can shoot with.

You can practice both sides but like all asymmetric exercises, some deformities will happen. You can try doorframe rows and see for yourself. You use each hand differently depsite doing the same movement.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGO_-rX70ps

one-arm facepulls

Sorta, but the bow arm is resisting and supporting the bow (my compound is about 5 lbs), and that is completely different. I think my bow arm gets it worse than the draw am.

resistance bands

>small brain wojack picture
Im on my work laptop

That would work. I forget about those.

this, true. but that also depends on coordination which takes time.

i.e. I'm right handed but drive better with my left.

At which point you use heavier arrows or shafts made of denser or sturdier material.
Ceteris paribus, more draw weight means more energy going into the projectile, which translates into a more deadly weapon.

Oh come on, I was using a 50lbs Grozer when I was 15.