Running thread

Running thread.

How have your runs been going fellow trekkers of Jow Forums?

Attached: running.jpg (1000x791, 81K)

nice dubs
that said, youre a fag

Last few times i went running i got shin splints but this time no pain.Same route, speed, shoes so idk but feels great not dealing with that shit for once.

I've never had shin splints. What are they like?

Been trying to up my distance this week but it keeps raining and I can't go out.

Attached: images (7).jpg (473x648, 26K)

Running in the rain is glorious though user

Got shin splints ! What do ?

Attached: 1567868808710 (2).jpg (497x604, 52K)

Basically sharp pain in your shins where it hurts when you place weight on the leg. Sucks mostly because the best way to treat them is rest and that can limit how often you run.

Good luck drying out your shoes tho. And for longer distances the water just makes the skin on your feet chafe more easily and it's overall not a good time.

But yes, short runs in the rain are fun.

Good man, fresh back on the trail after 9 weeks of recovery from stress fracture. 2 runs in and I feel good, my cardiovascular is way ahead of my leg stamina it feels like due to swimming but I will slowly get there.

Slight discomfort in my shin but apparently an ache is normal when you are returning (said by my doctor)

I'm trying to improve my pacer test score, and I'm gonna try for a linear progression. Last week I was able to do 78 laps total, and my plan is to cut back to 70 laps and add one per day, five days a week until I'm at least making level 10.

Attached: pacer test.png (1006x626, 53K)

Gonna start the c25k this coming sunday. Tired of being a heartlet.

What running shoes do you guys use? I just ordered a pair of Brooks Glycerin 17's, looks comfy desu.

Attached: Brooks Glycerin 17.jpg (600x279, 28K)

Saucony Echelon 7s, recommended by my running store. Feel great - used them for about a month

Attached: A055A3A9-A39D-47B5-B804-FD0F11A37646.jpg (790x657, 70K)

redpill me on the ideal BMI for running.

I'm currently doing about 7:15 miles while weighing 170 pounds. Will cutting to 155 make me significantly more efficient? Or will consistent training make up for the weight? I already cut 20 pounds since March, and I don' know if I want to keep my cut going another three months.

Attached: bmi-chart.png (852x738, 26K)

170lbs at 5'11, anyway.

I should add they look like gay dad shoes but it’s like running on clouds

That design is lovely

Enjoy the high cortisol

Why jog when you can just sprint

Stretch your shins after runs if you don’t already. It helps prevent splints.

Cardio kills gains fag

Attached: KIVNHiPTlskIl6-6bm_MAcXPUAp3Goq8XI0gqgQBnOs.jpg (540x316, 32K)

HIIT vs LISS only really matters at competitive levels. When you're starting out you 'sprint' at speeds good runners do half marathons at.

I trying to work my way from a 25min 5k to a sub-20min 5k by the end of the year. I basically just get on the treadmill after lifting and set the timer for 20mins and run at a particular speed and every session crank it up like 0.2-0.3 mph. Hoping eventually I'll progress to whatever speed that gets me to 3.1mi in that 20mins. I'm not really experienced in running so I'm just trying to apply progressive overload like in weight training, am I a tard? I also run outside once a week or two at max effort and try to legit test my 5k time on a running trail by my house. Went from 24min flat a couple weeks ago to ~23:10 this week.
Also quit smoking a couple weeks ago for this goal. Thanks for reading my blog.

Sprinting doesn’t

Good job quitting smoking, that shit'll save you a minute off the bat.

>tfw ran and jogged 7.5km in under an hour
I may not be olympic level but it feels good keeping my fitness up nonetheless. Usually don't go to that extent but today was a nice day and I had to walk home anyways. On an unrelated note the fact that I am still leagues above the average person is rather concerning.
They suck the big one, imagine sudden sharp pain the second you put any sort of pressure on your shin/knee. They can be dealt with with rest and stretches but you don’t really have that option in boot camp. Next thing you know you can barely even walk without feeling like you just took a sledgehammer to the leg. Not a fun time that was.
C25K is good shit, especially for beginners. Just remember to pace yourself and control your breathing, in through the nose.
>quit smoking a couple weeks ago
Congrats user. May more wealth, progress, and oxygen come your way.

Attached: 7C9B3C77-ADEF-41A5-814A-BB0977E27DA6.jpg (850x478, 126K)

cardio makes your dick bigger

Been running a trueform treadmill at the gym. It's fucking insane how much it's tuned up my form. Highly recommend to runners and lifters alike. You're like 2 minutes off your normal mile pace on it but it's so nice.

Attached: 1567947589614.jpg (569x760, 59K)

What kind of based gyms stock these?

I'm happy that so many of you are reaching your goals but I must say it's making me a little nervous about my own progress. I started running about 10 months ago for the first time. I have my first 5km in a few weeks and just broke my pr for 5km yesterday. I'm sitting at 29 mins. I thought that was great progress. Am i wrong? Any ways I can improve?

Oshit bro imma start running then.

Very true

Attached: machio__anime___2_by_selma11_ddaur7o-fullview.jpg (400x226, 21K)

I need to run

why you guys do cardio instead of sprinting? sprinting is superior in every way

because

can I run everyday?

>try to get back into running at start of August
>after a handful of sessions I get a sore hip at the end of the month that makes it too painful to go again
>two weeks later and it's only slowly getting better

Always take at least one day off per week, more than that when you're first starting out.

It got so humid the other night I had to stop after 4.25 miles
But then a tornado warning happened and I had to book it another mile to the car

Yeah but it's not a great idea imo. It's heavy on the legs, consumes a great amount of calories and is too tiring to perform at a great level without a rest. The first two are manageable if your lifestyle allows it, but at least give it a day or two of rest.

Stalled at 7:45 mile
Am I supposed to try to not gas out while running faster or am I supposed to go slow and slowly increase speed?

The standard training most professionals who teach runners when they're starting out is to get overall running volume to ~40 miles a week at any pace, then switch to speedwork.

Extremely painful

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 38K)