Can someone explain yoga to me?

Can someone explain yoga to me?
I've done it twice now and I really don't get it. Sure it's good for stretching but why does everyone act like they're in some cult about it and act like they're all spiritual when they do it?
They always go on about how great it is when really it's just normal stretching.
I honestly don't understand why people act the way they do about it?

Attached: hello is this pepe no this is pepe.jpg (717x664, 39K)

Attention

If they mix it with physiotherapy it can be amazing for recovery and getting a closer relationship with your limbs and balance etc.

The sitting and talking about chakras and shit I do not understand.

Giga boomer here. I dont do it enough but its good for flexibility and stability muscle strength which after years of ego lifting and contact sports old fucks like me have muscle imbalances and tendon problems. Its also good for stretching.

Attached: 1566526161460.gif (480x358, 2.25M)

people like to feel like they are doing something important or productive. You never hear someone talk about how much time they have to do whatever, they all want to talk about how much time they are spending on work or something else thats productive. Although yoga is basically nothing, they all want to feel like they are doing something important so everyone treats it like something important. If it was called stretching instead of yoga, no one would talk about it because stretching just doesn't sound important.

Based
It's an excuse for thots to wear skanky clothes and pose in provocative positions doing something non-competitive and social and pretend like it's enlightening.

Indian femanon here.
>Did yoga growing up, its good for flexibility and calming down your mind.
>move to the us and go to a yoga class. Wtf there’s a gong there.
>mfw when teacher starts sprouting bullshit spiel about eastern mysticism and philosophy.
>mfw when Indian devotional music is played in the background.
>mfw when my very white teacher goes by an Indian name.
>mfw when she chats me up after class to talk about muh culture and how much she adores my name.
Tbh she couldn’t be more ignorant about the philosophy she was preaching. Also who plays temple chant while working out? Never been to another yoga class. Never going back as well.

I unironically want to see your bobs and vegene
What kind of cute indian gf do we have posting here?
North indian?
Tamil qt?
Dark skinned dravidian goddess?

Post skin

>my face when when\]
heh, youre alright

Attached: 1568147685531s.jpg (121x125, 3K)

>my mfw face when i go to use the automatic ATM teller machine and there's no money left inside

rest in RIP in piece

Attached: 1555361819253.png (300x300, 80K)

Dammit i knew i couldn’t be one of the cool kids.

you could say the same about the whole "FUCK YEAH BRO WARRIOR MENTALITY SACRIFICE TO WIN!" bodybuilding crowd

“Yoga” means “to unify” in Sanskrit. If you read the Yoga Sutras they say fuck-all about stretching, instead focusing on the process of dissolving the ego and attaining self-realization. Physical yoga was originally developed as a way to prepare the mind for meditation, literally babby’s 1st step.

Now it’s a signal of social status and a cesspool of consumerism just like everything else huwhite American women get their hands on

Oh also the preparedness for meditation is what these slags pretentiously call being “blissed out.” Of course they never actually meditate after yoga, so all they get is a vague feeling of smugness and “stress relief”

you should befriend her and advise her about what she's doing
she should listen to you if she's already giving you this much attention

also mandatory LONDON

no you cant. Because anything involving weights is going to be hard and might need some extra motivation to complete. Yoga doesnt require any effort at all. You aren't at risk of anything. Its actually a form of therapy.

white liberals amirite

Attached: 1566434562361.gif (212x225, 90K)

1. Stretching your shit properly fixes your posture and puts you in way better shape than most people
2. Yoga induces a sort of meditative state for some people that already are able to practice mindfulness
3. Dumb thots looking for attention take classes so they can be half naked with skin tight clothes in front of strangers then blog about how deep and spiritual they are on Twitter
4. Other dumb thots see #3 and join them

I wish we could refer to real yoga as something different from what middle aged alcoholic soccer moms do

White conservatives amirite

Attached: 1567602033481.jpg (470x580, 70K)

>shit skin princess going on about western yoga

Fuck this. I'm with your fellow countrymen here. Post bobs and vagene.

>puts you in way better shape than most people
no it doesn't. It will definitely help with general movement of your body but it doesn't change your physical appearance

This. OP you will understand when you're older

yeah you're totally odin cause you can squat 2pl8 brah

Shape as in general health/fitness, not mogging. Zyzz was ripped but he wasn't fit

Actually based.
For a femanon.

what? it doesnt do that either. ive seen fatties that are flexible as hell, not sure if they do yoga, but they are flexible as hell. But they aren't outrunning anyone. oddly enough though, one fatty was actually really good at the high jump. it was the strangest thing to see because of how smooth it he would clear the bar every time

imagine he was doing it without the weight plates strapped to his body. thats some athlete genetics

Forget the spiritual shakra shit and it's just stretching and core training, which is very good for you. Especially stretching. Do yoga, user.

it’s low-impact, good for mobility and strengthens a lot of little muscles that get missed, excellent for aging people who want to stay functional and not break a hip getting out of bed, great for dancers and similar athletes (figure skaters, some gymnasts, anything where you’re being judged on the shapes your body creates), pretty good for prehab and rehab.
The spiritual shit, well, my layperson’s understanding is that it was a spiritual practice in ancient india, but these days it’s effectively just great marketing. Women in their 20s to 40s eat that shit up. Kinda like how mcdojos with awful diluted versions of genuine ancient martial arts sell the ‘warrior spirit’ and ‘inner strength’ angle to edgy teens and white men with pot bellies going through their midlife crises. Just ignore it like you would any advertising.

They are homosexuals

kek

Flexibility isn't overall health you mong

Attached: deb.png (392x489, 346K)

this. yoga and meditation go hand in hand. western esoteric bitches are pretty cringe desu