Is swimming all you need to do? Every swimmer I’ve ever met has had a huge chest, giant shoulders, a small waist...

Is swimming all you need to do? Every swimmer I’ve ever met has had a huge chest, giant shoulders, a small waist, shredded abs, and great legs/ass. Am I missing something because nobody ever talks about this.

Attached: 3F1418E3-4AE8-479C-AFF0-D4626632ACDD.jpg (780x438, 80K)

It's called swimmers body. You can get a pretty decent body by swimming, but you gotta be really consistent and you've got to swim a whole lot (basically as much as these olympic swimmers)

they work out as well and have a strict diet

ignore this retard
literally just testosterone + swimming

But you have to swim

All wrong.
They look like that because having a body structure like that (in the bones) is beneficial for swimming. You can't compete in swimming without that bone structure, which is genetic. It doesn.t have anything to do with muscles

Lose weight fatty

also it makes your hair sexier cause of the fluoride and bleach

Height, frame, face?

Swimming Pools are fucking gross

Used to be competitive swimmer

Im actually starting to think the swimmer body is shaped by expansion of chest cavity as a result of the breathing more the muscles.

The chest expands to accommodate the increased lung volume. It's a structural change in ribcage that's gives alot of this "look".

I doubled up on my HIIT cardio and noticed that my chest started to barrel out more.
I havent done pullups or latpulldowns in months yet it "looks" like my lats are growing.....its just my chest expanding.

Combo of intensive cardio and deep breath exercises (fill lungs too 100% and hold, try to expand lungs as absolutely much as possible).

Attached: 20190904_133532.jpg (772x1304, 712K)

>More than the muscles

I mean...theres also shoulder work.

Attached: stroke.jpg (2344x780, 285K)

Eddie Hall was a high level competitive swimmer when he was growing up and now he has a ginormous barrel chest.

>swimmers body
Literally ottermode

Attached: otter_1.jpg (448x300, 24K)

i hope so. i can't lift any decent amount of weight any more due to back injuries. so i swim three times a week. try to 1.25 kilometers over an hour. it was lots of fun at first but now i'm almost getting bored with it. but i'm gonna stick with it.

body structure only gives a speed advantage dummy, sure your shoulders may never be as wide and you wont be as competitive but swimming as much as a professional will develop the same aestetic muscles

Why can't blacks swim?

Is Jow Forums really this retarded? Every day someone posts a picture of a buff dude in x sport and asks if x sport is how you get that body. Do you understand that a swimmer can lift weights outside of the pool? Just because he swims doesn't mean that he never does any weight training and just swims 6 hours a day

>denying the existence of swimmer body
“Sure all competitive swimmers have the same physique hallmarks but that’s probably because some of them lift weights also”

>Competitive swimmers don't lift weights
All football and rugby players are strong as fuck. That doesn't mean that they don't lift weights and just play the game. The ones that lift weights have a better physique than the ones who just play. Same with swimming or any other sport

In the case of swimmers and swimmers only, what is their biggest reason for achieving that physique? That’s all I’m talking about.

>Wanting to look good
>Having more muscle(to an extend though because too much could have marginal benefits and even bigger drawbacks)
>Being in better shape
>Have a stronger body will help avoid injuries
Basically the same reason any other athlete would. I'm in rugby and most guys I know lift for one or more of the reasons listed above. Nobody gets a good body by playing x sport

See An user made reference to COPD people having barrel chest as by product of being hard to breathe and having to take deep breaths.

Then it hit me...when I was in swimming I was DYEL but had barrel chest.
When I first started working out, coworkers and inlaws made comment about me having "puffed out chest". I was not doing imaginary lat syndrome.

I just recently realized swimming and HIIT cause deep breathing and have same effect as COPD

Attached: main-qimg-3b3f40d1a7af4fa03495e867c6c812d9.png (486x600, 55K)

Post times.
21.7 50, 47.5 100, 1:43 200, 4:41 500

What stroke? Freestyle I'm assuming?

I specialized in breast stroke.

Havent swam competitively in a loooooonng time (HS). That was like a decade and a half ago.
Literally no idea what times are. I swam recently, would have to check my Samsung app for times.

Attached: 20190826_145742.jpg (3568x2424, 2.73M)

>Watch auto detection*
>25m pool
>havent swam in like a decade

I highly doubt the breaststroke is 11 seconds (failure to detect strokes).

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-210758_Samsung Health.jpg (1080x2280, 305K)

Yup, freestyle SCY. Just graduated and damn I miss competing

Former college swimmer. Had a scholarship and everything.

yards
50 free- 20.1
100 free- 45.0
200 free- 1:39.8
500 free- 4:26
100 back- 48.9
200 back- 1:45.1

Swimming is the kino form of cardio, godly back gains and overall nice body
What a sad cope from a lazy doomer
Indeed m8, swimming develops your chest, i wish i had swimmed during my teen years
Have you tried adding diving to swimming? Of course, if you live near an open water body. I have a great time swimming and diving at the beach.
Coz niggs gonna nigg

I wont take the bite on the "swimmer don't lift" because that's the most stupid shit i have read in the whole day, including the FPH threads.

Try it, anons, you'll have a great time, and bitches love swimmers

Attached: a62.png (680x661, 262K)

That 100 back is dirty. Knew a kid who went 49 once, he was like 5'5 absolutely no muscle on him, no work ethic, but for some reason his underwaters were insane

Yeah short guys can hit those underwaters sometimes. They are only good at SCY and usually arent great at LCM. Sad note: Now I weigh 250 lbs and started swimming again because being this fat is not working for me. I have been to the pool 6 times in the last week now. Haven't swam in a pool since I got cut from my program in 2012. It is super frustrating because people are beating me who should not be beating me. Might join a masters team but idk. I just want to be less fat. I just got back from the pool 2 hours ago and already want to go back. Didn't realize I missed it so much.

People who continue swimming are good because they have that body type. Swimming doesn't give it to you. It's like thinking basketball will make you taller because you only know tall players

Rowing and cycling are superior forms of cardio to swimming. The combination of power and speed build superior chads. Swimmers are just weird.

Attached: uuzLJjmi6kaAdrWBbgJiui.jpg (670x979, 86K)

Cyclists are FAR weirder than swimmers

Thinking about masters too. Hang in there, a ton of swimmers get fat after they retire. Especially since most of us were doing it since we were children, we're too used to being able to get away with the insane calorie intake

Exactly this. My doctor swam at NCAA level too. I saw him last Wednesday and he straight up said, "I think you've hit the wall." Dusted off my goggles n shit the very next day. Feels good to be back. Don't miss competing though.

DYEC here, are elliptical machines as good as exercise bikes?

No

Pretending they don't also lift weights as part of their training.

Rowing yes, I've never seen a cyclist that didn't look like a complete weirdo faggot unless they also lifted.