/fat/ Exercise edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For the caloric elites among us who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise) liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Attached: 1485652341942.png (723x752, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17klg9ypPatyXN1KUL0330wpxStaT9bBkgN9ZTOXtp_Y/edit?usp=sharing
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is the exercise or activity that helped you the most during your weightloss? Cycling everyday for an hour on an indoor bike while watching anime, TV shows, movies, reading or listening to podcasts helped me shed the first 45 kg in less than a year. It was pretty easy to start and I could exercise despite rain, cold or heat.

Attached: agagagag.jpg (1000x1296, 70K)

not sure I can point to any one thing and say 'without this I would have failed'.
good too, because fuck being dependant.

Watching My 600lb Life while going as hard as possible on my stationary bike

>god tier form of cardio training, simple to modify your program to fit any level of fitness
>easy on your joints so you can do it while obese
>sprinting uphill while weighing 300 lbs helps you retain those trained fat guy legs during weight loss
>easily the most functional fitness activity, you can literally save thousands of dollars a year by getting good at it
>actually fun
>literally makes other fat wagecucks in cars seethe at you
Take the bikepill, /fat/

good morning fatties!
it's time to weigh in for week 5 of leg 2 of the fatty contest.

we have one open slot, first come first served. check the rules and reply correctly to join:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17klg9ypPatyXN1KUL0330wpxStaT9bBkgN9ZTOXtp_Y/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1563033361741.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Fat Cat reporting in, some progress this week

353.2 lbs

routine/diet??

Just keto/cico. It makes me feel very filled and I can manage 1500-2000 calories. I haven't done any exercise yet so have to get on that

>eat nutrigrain bars and oatmeal and meat and granola as my diet exclusively for a week
>weight hasn't dropped in a while despite ~1000cal diet
>Haven't really shit much lately
What am I doing wrong? Can this kind of diet cause constipation? Am I gonna shit out 2 pounds next time I crap?

cuts tend to cause constipation, especially big ones like yours. try adding in a bunch of veg or some fibre supplements.
in my experience yes, you will shit unflushable monsters on a weekly basis.

>try adding in a bunch of veg or some fibre supplements.
Really? I thought what I was eating had a good amount of fiber. Is overall quantity more important than the ratio for fiber?
I've eaten lots of junk food before and never had any issues with that but I ate like 3x the calories. It was more mass but no significant sources of fiber.

Guess I'll start looking at veggies.

>in my experience yes, you will shit unflushable monsters on a weekly basis.
Guess I'll save on TP this month.

yeah, since I started keto couple of months back the hunger mostly vanished, I always used to fuck up because of cravings during the night, now sticking to CICO is a piece of cake. When I start reaching my goal weight I'll probably reintroduce some amount of carbs but I'll try to eat low carb forever I think, fuck being hungry all the time

Lonely and fat as fuck but didn't relapse today. Down 26 pounds with a ton to go. Stay strong bros.

Attached: 1568344887058.jpg (600x997, 139K)

it's more the volume of the food you're eating, you need extra fiber to bulk it all out basically, i think there's just not enough of it to move through your system properly. at least that's my experience.

What calorie counter app do you guys recommend?

cronometer

still have manboobs at 180 lbs standing at 6'0 although they dont look typical for gyno and i dont have the hard lumps people talk about
what do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190828-233435_Instagram.jpg (1080x1096, 474K)

lift

fatty contest
bigyt
lowest I've been since high school baby lets get it !

great work this week lads!

SlimJim
144lbs
6'1
130lbs

you're in! see you next week.

>UberEats now operates in my area
well RIP me

>OMADed a tasty fuggin burger

Attached: 1444407475119.png (1228x1502, 61K)

Should I have dedicated cardio days? I hear cardio after lifting can affect gains.

DiggerNicks reporting in
down to 89kg (196.2lbs)
still feel like shit from last week but at least lost something this time around. Shirts are starting to feel a little tight on my shoulders and arms now instead of my gut

>under 200 lbs for the first time in a decade
feels good bros.
getting running shoes today. It's finally not painful to run. Life is good.
Kinda fucked it last night by putting brown sugar in my almond milk, and I still feel a bit of remorse, but honestly, I fuckin' deserve it. It's been living hell for the past few months.

Saw my ex yesterday, she has ballooned the fuck up. When we broke up I got really fat but I've gone from 125 kg to 90 kg. She has a boyfriend, I'm alone. I don't miss her, I'm just pissed that she found someone and I haven't when she looks like the fucking cookie monster.

Attached: 54678914.jpg (1200x1200, 288K)

>been losing ~1.5-2.5 lbs a week last few months
>this weigh in, only down .5
>midweek weigh ins haven't changed
Is this that up to 3 week plateau I've been hearing about?

Attached: EEOnuWuWsAYwkrl.png (800x633, 94K)

Does anyone know how I can make myself SHIT literally everything out of my system? I feel like there's shit in there that's been in there for 10+ years I kid you not. I need to cleanse. I feel like I have beef jerky like ropes stuck all up in my kidneys and guts and shit.

Seconding cronometer, but I don't think it even matters that much, the important thing is journaling what you have. Like if you want to eat some pasta you make sure it's there so you can know why you're fat.

Schedule a colonoscopy. They give you shit that'll clear you right out.

yeah it happens, I was stuck at 106 kg the whole last month, it's frustrating but you just gotta work through it

a technique that helped me a couple of times was grounding up 50 to 60 grams of flax seeds and mixing them in my pork/beef patties mixtures then making the patties as usual. Almost all carbs found in flax seeds are fibers. The next day you'll shit out everything and it won't be some diarrhea liquid but real nice magnum size logs

I'm not fat but I'm not fit either. I leave for basic in 59 days my bmi is currently 16 is it possible to drop to 14 or 13 before I ship?

>drive my grandma to big city other end of country for operation
>eat like a fat shit for a few days while we were there
I feel like shit

Attached: 1565974758046.jpg (793x786, 54K)

My bike makes creaking noises uphill and sometimes stalls when I stand up pedal

keep up the good work lad.

Reporting in for the fatty contest
Crono
89.5 kg -> 197.3 lb
Sorry for last week I didn't remember until monday.

no worries mate, good to see you back.
do you have a weight for last week i can record?

On Monday I have 91.2 kg -> 201.1 lb

Daydream2 168.6 lbs.
Im getting laid off next week. Also once i rach my 165 gaol im lowering it to 155. Still got gut and tit fat.

Im also getting laid off fir 3 months. Gonna join the gym to keep my gains and i can focus on eating right again.

Attached: 20190914_092839~2.jpg (596x473, 55K)

I hate phone posting, so many fucking typos.

Attached: 1568083953170.jpg (2590x3624, 597K)

Hogfather

Back on Keto, back to losing weight. Kept you waiting, huh?

>actually look good after working out
>look chubby every other time
How do I perma-pump bros? I can hardly look at myself in the mirror.

Attached: 215412.jpg (567x437, 29K)

Nickname: Nogfat
Current weight: 252lbs - Fatty contest
Current height: 6feet 6inches
Goal Weight: 230lbs

Faustus, 248.8

Question: can we weigh in on Sunday morning??

Try this routine:

Self acceptance x F
Keep improving yourself x F

Its a sweet paradox my man

Attached: IMG-20190912-WA0004.jpg (592x390, 15K)

I use myfitnesspal

Oh and I think this puts me at a bmi of 24.9 according to google, if true I'm no longer classified as overweight.

My bmi before I dieted and started this whole thing was about 36.5

Attached: stats.png (1280x1080, 2.42M)

Never gonna make it.

Fatty contest
Marty

cheers!

you're so close, really great work man.

smashing it lad

great work guys!

sure, sunday is fine. i accept weigh-ins up until midnight on sunday evening/monday morning (need to find a better way to explain that) in central european summer time.

sorry mate, the slot got filled. if you come back tomorrow evening, ~31 hours from now, there might be a couple more free ones.

Thanks for the motivation!

Fatty Contest
Lad here. Sorry about missing last week, I was up in the Canadian wilderness with no access to internet.

We 229 lb

no problem, it's good motivation for me too, and it's fun seeing people come back week after week.

no worries. if you end up being away again let me know the week before and i can make a note to not put you on warning.

i wanna come back, im on the wall o shame, can I?

Cut more. Also do a variety of chest exercise(not just flat bench) to develop the pecs and surrounding muscles. Increasing the size of your arms, shoulders and traps will also make your chest look smaller by comparison.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a burger provided it fits your macros and is made with quality ingredients.

Thats happened to me a couple times and I think it has to do with water retention. Like the depleted fat cells are sucking up extra water or something like that. In my experience if you push thru you'll get a sudden drop in another week or two. This is why its sometimes better to rely on body measurements or weekly pictures to measure progress alongside scale readings. Also make sure you are weighing in at the same time of day every week preferably in the morning before you eat anything but after you evacuate.

Don't do this. Colon and digestive cleansing is a scam if you want to have good digestive health you need to eat leafy green vegetables. I personally don't like leafy vegetables much so I just buy a spinach/kale mix and power down a few handfuls every evening without trying to taste them or dress them up.

>you're so close, really great work man.
Thanks!

Attached: 1568209290454.jpg (4018x2528, 546K)

yo what was that yellow fat burn pill that was like illegal and made you burn like 2lbs of fat a day?

sure. what's your nick?
the rule is you need to weigh in for two weeks running, then you can re-join. if you give me your weight now this can be week one.
it's two strikes and you're out for good though, so keep that in mind.

Might as well just do meth if you want illegal unhealthy weight loss, you should do it right user.

hugo617
94kg

great, thanks. it's good to have you back.
hope to see you next week, always nice to see people who joined right at the start.

>2lbs of fat a day
Nah only flesh eating bacteria or liposuction could do something that ridiculous.

What you're thinking of is DNP which is not worth it imo. Even used properly it will leave you feeling like shit all day and destroy your sleep and if you fuck up the dosage even slightly not only will you die but going to a hospital will only ensure that they make you comfortable while you die since they can't give you anything to counteract it.

What you really need is a solid diet plan and a little bit of discipline, If you still want some chemical assistance go for an EC stack or even clen which is basically just horse ephedrine.

Attached: dnp.jpg (1240x744, 45K)

I wanna maintain muscle mass but getting 180 grams of protein seems like a huge amount when I should be eating so little.

Attached: 1567649301363.webm (640x640, 857K)

thx lad, thankfully I havent gained much back... but my weight loss has def stalled

chicken breasts, fish, steak, and if all else fails.. protein shakes

How the hell do you guys deal with craving for sweets or junk food?

its 1g/lb LEAN body weight goal
So in your case you probably need more like 140g. Still yeah its not easy to get all them protons which is why most guys do shakes.

I just eat a fun size candy bar or a zebra cake and walk for a few extra miles.

Tbh I actually eat 2000 calories a day but just walk a lot, my diet's not really that limited. You can fit stuff in if you're willing to put the work in to exercise it off, plus you get the added benefit of the exercise.

Attached: 1568208342714.jpg (1956x2750, 1.23M)

Have them, realize how dissapointing they are, hate yourself. There's some shit I have that's basically free for when I want to eat something like brined peppers, but for the most part just remember that tomorrow you're not going to regret not eating shit.

Lol
I've stopped fucking eating except for some nuts, vegetables, fruit and pork rinds, all as small snacks

Eating seems counterproductive to losing weight and yes I feel like I'm developing a new eating disorder

>drink your calories. alcohol
but beer is delicious. :(

GENTLEMEN
AS OF TODAY I HAVE LOST EXACTLY 45.0 POUNDS SINCE AUGUST 5TH 2019

I AM 2.2 POUNDS AWAY FROM CROSSING 300
I FEEL INCREDIBLE AND YOU ALL ARE GREAT

Sorry but caps are because my emotions are as big as I am but I won't be for long

Want to join
Nickname: JimboSlice
Current weight: 276lbs
Height: 6'6"
Goal weight: 200lbs

Fatty contest

Fatty Contest
Henchman 21

I hit 90 lbs down total, but I really dont see much difference. Wish i took more progress pics early on.

Attached: Screenshot_20190914-121511.png (720x1280, 56K)

Fatty contest
>King of the Manlets
>204.6 lbs
No loss this week in spite of no change in diet or exercise. Looks like I need to reduce my intake even lower than my usual 1100 cal.

Meant for

>84.2kg as of this morning
>Still flabby stomach
>Still massive lovehandles
>No sign of abs
>i'm 5'11 / 180cm

How much more is there to lose /fat/bros... I can't possibly have much more fat to lose, where is my ABS? I look like fucking shit, while also feeling like shit from my diet.

Attached: 1525531750179.png (482x427, 79K)

It's fucking over, lads.

I just found out these things are back in stock in every store in my area.

To whomever finds my bloated corpse, just push it into a ditch. I don't deserve a burial.

Attached: fudge demons.jpg (1024x752, 117K)

You only start looking "good" once you get into the 170s.

180 -> 170 is the stretch where the magic happens.

Do anyone know why I lose weight in waves?
pretty sure its not constipation

Attached: P4.png (1908x816, 185K)

Dude just stop

Thank you user. I should have mentioned I'm lifting too and have some muscle. Should my goal weight be like 175?

I'm 68.8kg/6'1 and i still can't see abs and still have love handles. My scale tells me i'm around 15% bf. Apparently you won't see abs until around 12%.

Aim for 170 then maintain for a few months.

Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

Attached: binge aftermath.jpg (500x494, 99K)

user do you have any muscle?

I'm worried i will lose my strength if i go that low, is my fear unfounded?

>is my fear unfounded?

Yes.

Focus on getting lean first, then worry about getting strong. Don't try to do two things at once.

Not very much. I've been doing some resistance training while cutting from 80kg. But i didn't have any muscle to begin with and it's difficult to build any on a 1000 calorie deficit. So maybe i'm not a good comparison.

I hit the so-called intermediate numbers Jow Forums always touts now I'm desperately trying to hold onto them (230lb bench, 135 overheadpress that im primarly concerned with, i know my squat and deadlift has fallen)

to be honest you can get away with it but it's difficult. i go drinking with my friends fairly regularly, but i eat hardly anything on those days. maybe a 200kcal or so snack before i leave. it's really tough to drink your tdee before you pass out drunk, at least for me. and it takes some real mettle to turn down a burger when you're walking home drunk with the lads.

>tfw ~185 to 175 in 1.5 months
still at 18% bf though, it kind of sucks working towards being a skelly

This isn't the last time they'll be on the market. Have some when you're done

its normal, its because water weight, i lose weight with this same pattern too

recorded! nice work.

sorry mate, there's no free slots now. if you come back tomorrow evening there might be one, after i post the week's results.

i'm clocking out for the night, will pick up any weigh-ins tomorrow morning.