Seborrheic Dermatitis

What's the fix?

Attached: 41geSmTeRQL.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/7076aq/ba_i_cured_facial_sebhorreic_dermatitis_using_a/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Either of these worked for me....UK prescription

Attached: 20190914_123503.jpg (4608x2592, 2.72M)

Quitting coffee and doing nopoo worked for me

I had this shit on my head, face and chest, followed regimen described here:

reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/7076aq/ba_i_cured_facial_sebhorreic_dermatitis_using_a/

it seems outlandish, but it helped me when no treatment from my dermatologist could (and it's just honey, so there's no possibility it will hurt you if you try). just remember to use raw honey, otherwise there's no point in doing this

>facial
ive got it on my scalp desu

im in the UK as well how did you explain it to the doc in order for him to write the prescription?

feel like they'll give me the normie shit and tell me to fuck off and eat better or that its probably just dandruff

also what's the application like? any side effects how long does it take

In Ireland not uk but I got a betacap script just by saying I had used it before from a parent and that it worked better then anything i had tried, which is all true.
It's only a mild topical steroid so doesnt have much potential for abuse, they aren't too concerned about it.

Ketoconazole

I used a betametason cream, but it was the wrong form or something for the hair, because most of it got stuck in the hair. I was only allowed to use it for one month without visiting the doctor again, but towards the end it seemed to get better. I wonder if it's actually effective though, because isn't dandruff caused by fungal colonies inflaming the scalp, so if I use antinflammatory then that would just treat the symptom and not the cause?

I had a light purple patch on the scalp that was fairly obvious so the Dr simply prescribed it. As the other user said just try and blag it saying you've had previous success.
after a couple of weeks of bi-weekly doses I'm down to once a month, no side effects.

for years I tried various Ketoconazole shampoos with limited results, wish I'd gone the Drs sooner

Eat only high quality naturally raised meat from a local farm

There's no cure but it can be treated with antifungal shampoo (ketoconazole), omega 3 (I take 7g EPA+DHA a week) and being out in the sun during summer.

Zero lactouse and sugar.
Also use Head n Shoulders shampoo on afected áreas for 5 mins.

I have maybe the worst cases of DS flares here, but thats my secret to control it.

> Steroids
Those make them way worst in the long run.

Really? Why?

it's a symptom of a damaged gut. anything a dermatologist can do for you is a glorified version of making the symptoms disappear or become manageable.

>source: my ass

keep going to the doc week for week, then, always wondering why something would "just" appear randomly and not go away again. not my fucking problem.

>randomly
what are microbes? Do you think plagues are a punishment from god?

Steroids anti inflamatory effect only has a estetic effect, same effect causes skin attrophy if used in prolingued times ( > 2 months ), also make the yeast to develop resistance so when the flares shoot up it gets worst and you get to see the pattern where you put on the cream to get itchy and red, but out of proportions.

SD its basically a yeast, best treathment you could do its basically with azoles , dry cleaning and use head and shoulders ( it has anti yeast proteins ).

I've used 20 mg/g ketoconazole shampoo for a long time and it hasn't really helped

I keep getting and losing it on my scalp periodically with no rhyme or reason I can discern. No shampoos or commercial treatments ever helped. The best result I ever got was when I attempted a self-administered hot oil treatment, which pretty much cured it for 4-5 days (and supposedly has longer time of effect with each next application), but is such a fucking hassle when you've long hair that I didn't bother trying it again.

Check if the same shampoo has corticoids ( beta/hidrocortizone), also said use are mostly to use them continually for 2-3 weeks , then you have to alternate with a regular shampoo.
I may sound like a a HnS shill, but thing does wonders.
Cross out milk and sugar from your diet for a week, with HnS and it does miracles for me.

It doesn't, and this stuff is pretty expensive, like 8 euro for a 120 ml bottle. I might try to cut out milk and sugar, although what do you mean by milk exactly? All milk products? Anything with lactose? Just liquid milk? Are you saying that you need to combine the diet change with HnS?

Yeah, if you has it sounds like you are from the club of premature and alergic babies.
Basically the yeast eats from a protein that its abundant in lactose and in minor proportions sugar.
Alergic and premature people dont synthesize said protein that well and so when sweating it feeds the yeast.
Combine both and yeah it works, in a spam of around 1-2 weeks.

Can you rephrase what you just said? The yeast eats from a protein that exists in lactose? Some people don't synthesize that protein so it sweats out and feeds the yeast? That doesn't make sense biologically, lactose is a sugar, it can't contain proteins, and proteins get broken down in the gut or at least don't pass through the intestinal wall. But this protein is somehow not well synthesized (synthesized means created) but it still feeds the yeast?

For the very same problem i have seen 5 dermathologist, just sharing with you what i was told by the one that worked.

your explanation makes absolutely no sense despite me being educated in biochem, but doing minor dietary changes for a week and buying some HnS is worth a try

cheers

You aren't supposed to use it longer than 40 days, fungi develope resistance like crazy
Also, the problem with steroids isn't really the resistance, but the fact that you are just suppressing your immune system so you don't have any reaction to the fungus (malessezzia fur fur, which is usually living on the skin doing absolutely nothing), so no itching/inflammation, but guess what's gonna happen when you stop since you allowed the fungus to spread?

stieprox works best for me, but it's currently not being sold until november because some supply issues which have been there for the last year basically

From what i've gathered, people with seborrheic dermatitis have an abnormal reaction to a fungus that usually lives on the skin, causing an increased production of oil from the skin cells. This makes the fungus proliferate more since it feed on the oil, causing more inflammation and more (useless) oil production, ending in cellular death and desquamation. There seems to be no idea if it's the fungus randomly becomes more aggressive or simply people having an excessive oil production that causes the proliferation, but since it's cured with antifungals it's certain that the cause is that

exercising everyday + antifungal solved mine