>Made from vital wheat gluten
>Protein content comparable to chicken/tuna/whey powder
>Cheapest protein source BY FAR
>Nobody here talks about it
>Imagine continuing to buy meat or protein powders

Attached: seitan.jpg (1443x1440, 900K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)#History
amazon.com/Anthonys-Gluten-Natural-Protein-Friendly/dp/B07V8169YS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1751T4MY4XLS8&keywords=vital wheat gluten&qid=1568488720&s=gateway&sprefix=vital wheat,aps,133&sr=8-3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Redpill me on this

Gluten is horrible for you.
Meat contains actual nutrients beyond just protein.

so just make it gluten free like everything else nowadays I don't see the problem

> highly processed weird shit
> only existed in the west since the 18th century en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)#History
> no evidence the body handles it well at all
okay bro, why don't you go ahead and flavor it with sucralose too

>what are micronutrients
>what are minerals
lmao
>Made from vital wheat gluten
>vital wheat gluten
>vital
topkek

Seitan is garbage protein, and it fucks up your digestion. It is in no way comparable to animal protein and is lacking in essential amino acids. Where the fuck do you find this nonsense?

Typical vegan shill thinks protein is the only nutrient

>incomplete protein
Liver is $2/lb just and a superfood of micronutrients just eat that

Attached: Screenshot_20190914-075314_Samsung Internet.jpg (486x1352, 206K)

This is all in 81g of cooked liver.

Attached: Screenshot_20190914-075520_Samsung Internet.jpg (414x1238, 210K)

Heard bacon was good too, is that true?

Shoo shoo ketofag

I'm curious to try liver, what's your personal preference for preparing it? Reading most people just say pan fry it

Apparently so, 28g of raw bacon is 151 calories. That's without draining the fat.

Attached: Screenshot_20190914-080551_Samsung Internet.jpg (500x1590, 257K)

It's similar to gelatin, also an incredibly cheap protein. There was a dad of bodybuilders taking gelatin in the 80s, but they stopped because it is a low quality protein with almost no impact on muscle growth. The main difference between these two is that gelatin isn't bad for you. Gluten is very bad for you.

bread it and fry it like a schnitzel. Served with caramelized onions and gravy

>just eat concentrated poison bro

oh look I found the retard

Where do you get your beef liver? I don't recall seeing it in the offal section at my supermarket, do they only sell it in butcher stores?

I saw it at walmart, cant remember if it was frozen only

dude just eat virus capsids for protein

How do you deal with the hard outer layer and hard veins?

If I'm bulking, I eat 2oz raw every other day for the nutrients. If I'm cutting, I pan 1lb fry it in ghee with onions and peppers. It's the best cutting food, it's around 900 calories after cooking and way more filling than any other food I've ever had. I'm able to maintaining 1500 calories daily no problem. Don't eat a lot of it during a bulk, you'll have a really tough time reaching macros.

Just go to a local farm and get grassfed liver, it's bomb.

>What is 'Gout' for 500 dollars alex!

cringe

>just eat liver, its way more expensive and harder to find

holy fuck im almost vegan (except for eggs and salmon), and even I know that seitan will fuck you up beyond belief in the long run

if you want to stop eating meat, don’t fucking eat “immitation meat” instead

>liver causes gout
>not sugar
>implying there aren't a ton of vegetarians with gout

obviously don't get all your protein from one place?

Just let natural selection happen

>Gluten is bad for you
Can anyone actually provide evidence for this? This is literally soccer mom logic

>pure gluten
>just make it gluten free

Attached: VD09afj.jpg (645x729, 64K)

I bet you think jackfruit is unhealthy too

No farm anywhere close to where I live, but I'll try to keep it in mind, it would be nice to try a new source of protein, thanks.

Order online then brah, they ship it to you refridgerated

whoosh

Intestinal inflammation.
Nuf said

>Nuf said
Is this what suffices as evidence here

Gluten triggers an auto-immune response from your digestive system and is basically classified as an inflammatory food, I don't remember the exact science behind what happens in your gut when you consume gluten, but I'd try to avoid eating any pure plant-based protein, let alone pure gluten.

>unironically believing meat causes gout while randomized controlled trials show that people on a ketogenic diet have way less frequent gout episodes

Basic explanation.

don't eat liver then, i don't care

You cant digest gluten proteins it goes straight into your blood

This is all bs. It does not cause an inflammation and it is in fact digestible. Even though it's not a full amino acid profile it can be completed with other foods. Gluten only causes inflamation if you have celliacs. Then gluten is not recognized due to a lack of an enzyme that digests it.

So unless you have celiacs, this is indeed an amazing food and you should add it to your diet. Don't be a soccer mom.

Fucking hell user

Truth is everyone is affected by gluten, only some people notice it more than others.
There is no reason to consume something unnatural that has documented ill effects.

cringe redditfag

>that has documented ill effects
There is no evidence of gluten sensitivity outside of people with celiac disease.

This is like claiming to be phenyalanine sensitive, though you don't have PKU, and recommending everybody avoid meat.

>cheapest protein source by far
>vital wheat gluten costs $14 for 4 pounds
>chicken thighs cost $4 for 4 pounds
Yeah, okay retard.

>ITT anons are all retards that know absolutely nothing about gluten and its effects but continue to posture as if they do

Stop being faggots, fellas.

Attached: 1544462056238.jpg (385x385, 27K)

>wheat gluten
have fun being constantly inflamed and depressed and sore
faggot.
stop eating.

If only it didn't taste like shit.

>just eat liver bro
hello, vitamin A toxicity department?

lmao

>protein content comparable to chicken/tuna/whey powder

Allow me to black pill your ass with the hiroshima nagazaki black pill of nutrition, plants fucking SUCK as protein sources and 1g of protein from dairy is AT LEAST 2x as anabolic as 1g of protein from wheat.

Attached: DIAAS blackpill.jpg (817x586, 59K)

The only person on this thread with an IQ above 80.

>aNAbOliC

Pls provide screenshots of this cheap chicken/expensive gluten. You’ll notice OP has done this and theirs shows that gluten is actually a lot cheaper than $14 per 4 pounds

Topkek

Attached: 1568415599655.png (339x301, 122K)

Also chicken thighs are like half fat so wtf r u on about user

You're full of shit. Actually a lot of people are full of shit when it comes to gluten, like the amino acid profile niggers or bio-available niggers. I'm guessing that you're all shills that don't want people to discover a cheap and easy replacement for whey.
Anyway, I drink wheat gluten shakes and feel 100% fine. Gains have been good too. I take an entire cup of the stuff (about 90g protein) and blend it into milk with a banana and chug it once a day. It tastes and drinks like a regular banana shake.
The only thing is that there is a specific trick to blending it so it doesn't clump. Use powdered gluten (I got a 40lb bag of the stuff) and get the milk spinning in the blender and slowly sprinkle the gluten powder into the middle of the milk vortex. This is the only known way of consuming the powder that isn't painful.

>wheat gluten
Enjoy your leaky gut, obesity, complete lack of energy, death farts, constipation, etc etc etc

the way I prepare it is traditional Hungarian: "resztelt máj"
slice up plenty of onions
put fat in the pan and begin to fry the onions
add the chopped liver
take down to medium flame
add paprika and pepper
don't add salt during, liver absorbs it
add some water
wait till it evaporates and all the liver is brown with no red inside
add marjoram towards the end
lightly salt before taking off of the flame

But I like eating meat

Attached: 1528282705953.jpg (709x800, 494K)

Nobody “likes” eating meat, they’ve just been brainwashed at a young age to do so.

not him but I am southern european

a kilo of chicken thighs where I live cost around 1.5-2€ at a local butcher(around 150-200g of quality protein)
a kilo of chicken liver+heart cost around 0.80€(200-250g of quality protein and a shitload of nutrients)
a kilo of vital wheat gluten costs around 6 euros where I live(750g of shit protein and almost no nutrients)

If I eat gluten it triggers my psoriasis.

{citation required}

Attached: ass.png (1094x558, 53K)

Try eating wheat that is certified 'organic', I have a suspicion it's how it's grown that is the problem.
Also try eating Spelt instead of modern wheat, it's a much older form of wheat, the gluten is different. I have none of the problems with spelt that I have with wheat.

This is a lot of reading. Am I supposed to eating this shit?

turns you gay.

/thread

user, hope you realize you can get it much cheaper than by buying wheat gluten.

just use wheat flour, make a dough and rinse it out five times (the starch is what comes out, save it for chinese liangpi noodles). what's left is the seitan. steam it as is if you like dense seitan. or if you like it airy, mix in some yeast and let it rise before steaming.

good stuff. definitely closest thing to meat in taste. and nutritionally same as lean beef or chicken breast.

this is bullshit. the entire world has been eating it for tens of thousands of years if not longer. the entire roman army conquered the world on almost bread alone.

the worlds been sucking dick for longer desu
wheat has more gluten now than ever

The entire world was eating a much older, much less hybridized version of wheat for tens of thousands of years. The truth about modern wheat is it's been hybridized to maximize yeild (i.e. more profit for wheat farmers) and for it's baking properties, *not* for how biocompatible it is with humans. Add all the pesticides and other shit that ends up as residue on and in it, and you get something that humans shouldn't be eating. Face it: we fucked up, we took something that was okay and made it into shit.

but that doesnt mean its lower quality no?
lower amino acid score doesnt mean its useless, protein itself is used to achieve higher blood nitrogen levels. so even assuming you had no amino acids it still wouldnt be useless.

Attached: f825ff678c1c72a1.jpg (1037x686, 116K)

Attached: 1567350204733.jpg (742x745, 139K)

>T. My ass

>There is no evidence of gluten sensitivity outside of people with celiac disease.
oh dear
google non celiac gluten sensitivity

Attached: 1557402293914.png (226x223, 7K)

I know gluten is expensie because I use it when making bread. This is the most affordable gluten on US amazon. At my local grocery store, the price is higher. amazon.com/Anthonys-Gluten-Natural-Protein-Friendly/dp/B07V8169YS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1751T4MY4XLS8&keywords=vital wheat gluten&qid=1568488720&s=gateway&sprefix=vital wheat,aps,133&sr=8-3
Chicken thighs in my area are $0.99/lb. I don't have a link, but can take a picture.

I really hope this is a false flag

Based

Only if you have celiac disease idiot

youre a nigger. chicken costs about 25-35euro/kig in real europe

>Imagine continuing to buy meat or protein powders
imagine being a low test beta male lmao

Source(s): my ass

Pretty sure nitrogen is just an indirect measurement of systemic cellular level synthesis, elevating blood nitrogen directly by eating protein (if that’s even possible which I doubt) won’t do anything

Chicken liver is as good, every Kroger an food line has it.

>but that doesnt mean its lower quality no?
it literally does
if a protein is less efficient in providing all essential amino acids it is of lower quality.
>lower amino acid score doesnt mean its useless
Did I claim it was useless? It's only useless when you have the option of eating dairy, then it is useless.
not to mention dairy and meat are more nutritious than plant protein sources, so what's the point?
>protein itself is used to achieve higher blood nitrogen levels
so? nitrogen balance doesn't directly correlate with muscle protein balance, which is why no one fucking cares about nitrogen balance in 2019(your guts have a huge turnover of nitrogen, much more than your muscles do), what matters is muscle protein balance

>"Truth is everyone is affected by lactose intolerance, only some people notice it more than others.
There is no reason to consume something unnatural that has documented ill effects."

That's how retarded your blasted celiac ass mumbling reads like.

yeah you are right, my bad. but how is this to be understood then, they just measured amino acid score right, but protein is more than just amino acids or am i wrong? i understand protein as the fuel for muscle repair.
so protein is like the carbs for the body and amino acids like the vitamins

This shit is fucking gross. They serve it at all the vegan places

Lmao

dude just get good at cooking who cares
I've never eaten that shit but I'll fucking do it just to prove that you're a pussy

Protein is amino acid, there are different kinds of amino acids but I don’t know any more than that because I just eat “whole” proteins, meaning they have a complete amino acid profile. I’m of the opinion that you’re really getting into unnecessary minutiae with this crap, that doesn't matter unless you’re a pro bodybuilder

This. Be interesting to see how many "gluten sensitive" people are really "round up ready" sensitive.

>gluten
Haha, Im not a fucking idiot, enjoy your autoimmune problems

>Can anyone actually provide evidence for this?
Why? Would you understand a medical book if I recommend one to you?