QTDDTOT

Attached: natty_professor.jpg (636x960, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9CO0866_Eps
thefitness.wiki/routines/r-fitness-basic-beginner-routine/
youtu.be/wRpyvFw1fnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are some good bicep lifts besides dumbbell/barbell curls?

Attached: mfmxkkuv0yjz.gif (450x450, 2.85M)

chin ups

i'm 187cm tall and weigh about 83 kg. How many grams of protein should I eat every day?

You could do one for say, 4 weeks and then switch.
Paused squats and pin squats.

Pelican curls if you have gymnastic rings in gym

Personally I really like doing curls in the cable machine, you have constant tension throughout the entire ROM. There's also a whole lot of different ways to do curls with dumbells.

2 questions:

First, is intra-workout nutrition a meme? I've started an IF in which I have a pre-workout meal, and have the rest of my calories post-lifting, but I'm considering making a intra-workout shake to help reach the nutrition goals without forcing so much food in me in the 5 remaining hours after lifting

Second, my bench is my worst lift. The rep tends to fail around 1/4 of the way up, so the bar comes off the chest but not much higher upon failure. Where does this place the weak point of my bench so I can throw in some accessory work to fix it?

Attached: xfoxdomesticrussian.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oAlMGvGX-P.jpg (620x445, 49K)

If too much cardio prevents you from building muscle, then how much is too much? I'm skinnyfat and want to lose some of the chub in my midsection but at the same time I barely have any muscle and don't want to stretch out the process of gaining them.

I'm not sure if there's any hard rules here. I've heard that you should keep cardio under 30 mins a day, and I've also heard to keep it under half of your total training hours per week. Start with something like 20 mins of LISS 1x per week and titrate up the time each week, then add another LISS session then convert that to a 14 min HIIT session after a week weeks and titrate the time for that up to say, 24 mins or something. If you want to do more you can add third session a few weeks after that. This is just an example, use your own discretion and preferences, the imprtant part is to titrate the cardio instead of going balls to the wall on day one, that way you'll have time to adapt to the cardio so it won't interfere with the lifting as much.

why the FUCK is my squat lacking so much? I am 5'10 145 lbs I can deadlift 315 for 5+ with ease but I struggle to squat 155 for 5 reps. It's pretty embarrassing when I'm squatting as much as cardiobunnies. I injured my back squatting in 8th grade like 6 years ago and it's never healed but doesn't seem to be a affecting me other than confidence. I'm not sure if it is just shit form because the only problem i can tell with my form is I squat too low like ass to grass.

If you squat too low you might be relaxing at the bottom which kills your momentum. You could try doing some pause squats to fix it.

should i just kill myself? soon enough i'll be 22 virgin with no friends and no achievements

Can lactose tolerant people also get diarrhea from dairy if they eat too much of it or is it only intolerant people?
Is it possible that I became intolerant now and wasn't before?
I ate a shit ton of cheese with my eggs and a big bowl of milk with oats, 1 hour later I found myself in the shitter. Could it be that I ate too much or that I am becoming a nigger? Maybe it was unrelated to dairy at all and something else caused it idk.

thanks good advice you may be right now that i think about it.

Lactose intolerance can develop later in life. I think I got mine when I was 18. Try switching to lactose-free milk for a while or buy some lactase pills and see if it helps.

I'm 26, about to turn 27 next month. Lost my virginity earlier this year. Still haven't had a girlfriend. Have had severe depression for years. I am finally getting on track after seeking help. I was on antidepressants in the past and had no benefit or side effects. I finally found something that works for me (300 mg Wellbutrin and 20 mg Prozac). I can now workout and eat healthy since my depression is under control. People say to exercise, be social, and eat healthy to help with depression. I think that is bullshit. If you have severe depression you can't do those things, at least not enough to make a difference. Once you have your depression under control then you can do those things to make you feel better and stave off a recurrence of depression. Good luck.

Is fish / seafood fit?

It's bizarre, I find myself craving fish and seafood - tuna, prawns, salmon, sushi, fucking crab sticks, whatever I can get when I have a choice. Should I start taking fish-oil?

Down from 250lb+ as a fat kid to 160+ now, was down to 125 at one point. Is this genetics or just having been a fat kid fucking me over? Do I just have to get face liposuction?

Attached: 20190914_131448.jpg (2172x3862, 401K)

if you're not allergic and can afford it it's fantastic, fish tends to be pricey even if you live by a market. fish oil is a scam though.

Is this a before/after picture? It just looks like you don't have a particularly large jaw. Less BF% will reduce the flabbiness. Do you have any muscle?

Yup, any sort of allergy can pop up at any time in your life. I developed a seafood allergy in the last two years, 25 fucking years old. It sucks.

nah, but please don't do an elliot rodgers, that shit was cringe

Broscience says that cardio kills gains which is total bullshit. Cardio is fucking amazing for you body and every athlete, strength or not, should incorporate it into their routine. All cardio does is burn more calories. If you have burned more than you should, just eat them back. Not hard.

I can't imagine eating anything DURING your workout will help you. If anything it'd just make me feel sick.

For your second question it's very difficult to tell without seeing a video of your form.

Attached: 1456795668975.jpg (877x1920, 206K)

Are dumbbells good for all over body exercise? Limited for space

>Is this a before/after picture?
No, just both sides. This is a before/after from June.

Attached: 20190626_003624.jpg (2896x2896, 349K)

>First, is intra-workout nutrition a meme? I've started an IF in which I have a pre-workout meal, and have the rest of my calories post-lifting, but I'm considering making a intra-workout shake to help reach the nutrition goals without forcing so much food in me in the 5 remaining hours after lifting
I always eat bananas, granola bars, Nutella, honey etc. during workout. Not sure about a shake though, might make you queasy.
>Second, my bench is my worst lift. The rep tends to fail around 1/4 of the way up, so the bar comes off the chest but not much higher upon failure. Where does this place the weak point of my bench so I can throw in some accessory work to fix it?
That's the most common point of failure on bench, just keep hitting chest in general. Some people use resistance bands in order to make the end of the bench ROM harder, but that's always seemed unnecessarily dangerous to me.
Hammer curls and Zottman curls
It's very lean and great for a cut, plus you get the fatty acids bonus.
You're going to quickly reach a level where dumbbells won't be heavy enough to sufficiently work your back and legs.
Read sticky

Goal: muscle loss at allready low bodyfat (~11%)
Method 1: eat on maintenance but only 0,5gr protein/kg bodyweight
Method 2: eat in slight deficite but 1gr protein/kg bodyweight
(assumed 1gr/kgbw is the normally required daily intake, regardless of what it really is)

which should be better in terms of overall bodyfunctions (hormons, neurotransmitters etc)?

Attached: Kimberley-Garner-in-Bikini-554.jpg (1920x2481, 272K)

Pick one, Jow Forums
>DYEL arms, big everything else (like t-rex mode but whole body instead of just big legs)
>Big arms, DYEL body

Big everything else, just wear long sleeved shirt and you'll still mog everyone

I’m sore every time after working out. I thought this was doms but it’s too consistent and I’m no stranger to lifting. I might be overtraining, how can I tell?

I'm about to go to a music concert tonight but I have crippling autism around women what do I do bros

Attached: 1566807385333.jpg (639x620, 122K)

>185cm/72,5kg at a time used to be 69 a month ago
>did some fasting for a year went from fat to skinny fat
>how do i lose the belly fat and get some abs
help anons, i dont know anything

Attached: BCD99B98-0EDF-4410-9ED7-597533DDB9E1.jpg (516x739, 142K)

Fake it till you make it

How long does it take for a pulled trap to heal?

For the past 3 weeks I have been trying to eat healthier but for some reason my shit is never solid. I was pooping fine before.
I don't eat chips or fast food like I used to. I eat 3 times a day. For breakfast I eat eat oatmeal or peanut butter sandwiches. For lunch and dinner I almost always eat rice and sometimes beans or pasta with either chicken, fish, or sliced beef. For snacks I'll eat almonds, peanuts, peaches, apples, and plums.

just keep losing weight

Why does snap city hurt my balls?

Why can't I walk after squatting just 5x3pl8?

There's no acute injury, just the feeling that my lumbar spine has been raped by an orca.

I mean maybe it's my discs, all of them at once.

Maybe I stretched the nerve, like a stinger. That would make sense. And that what's connecting my balls to snap city.

Seriously it ACHES like I just binged after a year of NoFap. What the HELL. Does anyone know this feel?

Attached: 1567977942931.jpg (465x465, 20K)

Sounds like you're getting more fiber. Are you drinking more coffee? Supplementing with magnesium?

but i will continue to be skinny fat

I don't drink coffee and the multi vitamin I take has 100mg of magnesium in it. Should I be taking more?

weighted pullups
1.5g/kg of body mass is usually enough, everyone is different. try out different stuff for 2-3 weeks and see how you feel
i cannot eat during any sort of physical activity, unless i take at least an hour break. as per your second question, i would recommend just benching more, but switch up weight/reps. if you do high weight low reps try doing more reps of a lighter weight. and more doesnt mean to do 8 instead of 5, it means to do 20-30 instead of 5 with as good form as you possibly can. also dropsets to failure. usually when you wanna improve something you want to do it more, be it bench, dancing etc. doesnt matter
dont run marathons and you will be fine. running improves blood flow, that includes blood going to your muscles. being fit is more important than being big for most well adjusted people. so just run, or whatever your cardio of prefference is, it will not slow down muscle building if you are skinny fat.
try working your core more. core is not only abs btw. do back hyperextensions and make sure you strech well enough. other than that, if you wanna up your squat just squat more
if you have nothing to lose go out and find meaning. i mean, you are already rock bottom right? might as well start walking around the world or some shit like this, see what you may find
fish is great. also usually when you crave something like this, maybe you lack certain minerals or stuff that your body needs. so go for it, just dont overdo it
sure, but you get to a poin where they wont be enough for big stuff and then you have to be creative, like with bodyweight exercises. thats not a con necesarly tho.
i pick balanced physique
start doing any sort of axtivity that is actually challanging for you while cutting out all the shit you know you shouldnt eat. learning how to get fit is part of the process, dont skip it

I mean it would only make your shit looser

Is the Navy bodyfat calculator the one I should be using to estimate BF%? Or do people use BMI version when they talk about BF%?

Attached: 1567382326242.png (225x225, 92K)

thanks user

Attached: Ux_FcEqbEoEEpSxW-7G-oY1lqXUTQydtEgmpnuL1Oe0.jpg (500x637, 84K)

How do you run intervals like c25k on a treadmill? Do you manually change the speed every 30 seconds?

Are these handgrips heavier than the usual cilinder ones? Those cilinder ones start at 100 pounds while these only goes up to 90, or is it because it's different?

I bought them because i thought they were good, but now i have doubts.

Attached: 4683642375.jpg (832x832, 37K)

I have those, they're good. Just depends on current grip strength because the pic ones are adjustable so can get a range of reps in. You're just kind of stuck with what the cylinder ones are so might get longer use out of the adjustable ones if you aren't maxing out on the highest setting for a bunch of reps.

The material on the forward finger grip sucks though. Rubbed off a lot and gave me blisters from sweaty hands so I use a small washcloth to squeeze.

What is the point of this?

Attached: battle-rope-exercises-biceps-whips.jpg (620x348, 26K)

Bro, it starts burning your biceps after a while. I typically just use it as a post-workout cooldown, but it's legit m8

My main issue is that the adjustable ones only go up to 90 pounds while the cilinder ones start higher. Am afraid that i'm actually wasting time with the adjustable ones.

Assume a regular bulking diet.

How many raw eggs can I eat on top of that? I like to wash down a meal with 3-4.

Attached: 1568059089886.jpg (395x609, 48K)

Os there any triceps exercise that does not put pressure on the wrist?
My wrist is permanently injured, and most triceps exercises hurt it (rope pull down is fine, though).

Is a diet important?
Can't i throw as much protein and 2000+ calories in my stomach and avoid sugar and fat?

I get sexually harassed at work and when going out to parties and stuff.

Is this normal, I love it btw

I'm going back to college and can only workout monday-friday.
What are some good splits for this schedule?
P-P-L-Upper-Lower? Or is a 4 day split while resting on wednesday better?

Your body needs all kind of nutrient, even fat and carbs. When you don't eat carbs you will burn all your muscle in the gym.

Should I quit working out if I have shoulder impingement? It's been there for years and I haven't been able to treat it.

Can i bench press with an olympic barbell? it's 50mm 20kg 2,20M

Is overtraining a myth? Recovery doesn't seem to be as important as people make it out to be if you're just chasing aesthetics.
Been thinking about doing 3x50 tricep extensions 3x50 bicep curls every day at home after gym.
Specifically, talking about this video: youtube.com/watch?v=9CO0866_Eps
Is it pointless if I'm natty?

Need some earbuds to go jogging with. Currently looking at the chink-fi air dots from xiaomi. Any experience with these or any other recommendations? I want good sound quality and something that won't fall out the ears.

Attached: __konpaku_youmu_and_konpaku_youmu_touhou_drawn_by_dtvisu__012c506bad4deda596164729f08899e0.png (900x1200, 567K)

Every human is different, some heal faster than others. If your muscles ache it's probably a sign you should heal.

>headaches every day around my eyes, nose, forehead
>sleep like shit (3-5 hours a night)
>food tastes bland
>shoulder pain radiating down to my wrist
>back pain radiating down to my ankle
>random aches and soreness in parts of the body that don’t make sense (behind left knee, top of forearm, palm of hand, and jaw come to mind)
>mood swings
>body twitches
>really forgetful

what’s wrong boys

Do you have pain in your shoulder? Which one? And do you know what from? I don't have much advice other than to look up cable exercises for shoulder issues. But I'm asking bc I think I might have the same thing from playing tennis through highschool

After lifting for years, gaining confidence I finally slept with my oneitis and it was a letdown. She fucks like a starfish and is depressed the other 23 hours a day. My dream was shattered. I don’t know how I could of been so blinded by lust. Should I just ghost her? Or tell her depression is a turnoff?

Low T

Depression.

Any of you guys on Depakote? Got it prescribed for my anxiety, of all things, and it does seem to have an overall positive effect on me.
Nah, killing yourself is like plugging off the computer when you're losing the game. Life can be quite unpredictable, who knows where you could be in 20-30 years? Plus once you hit rock bottom there's no other direction to go but upwards

Recently I have absolutely no sex drive or liabo, no morning woods either. Dick is dead and limp everyday and I'm only 20. 17% bf, eat healthy. Not low test cuz I have nice jaw, decent hair and can make muscle gains. Dont need fap, what's the problem

is there even a difference between the two to a man?

been bulking 5 months now (74kg - 82kg) and i'm making gains but also packed more fat than i like on my chest, stomach and waist because i ate too much at first.
should i cut now to lose this fat or keep bulking until i reach my goal weight of 88kg? i don't care about the bulking/cutting seasons. 6' height

Attached: 1554448463084.jpg (570x570, 78K)

who the FUCk knows go to a fucking doctor or eat 3 scoops of mayo after workout retard

pic related

Attached: Curls.jpg (1219x1534, 334K)

gonna need more info and even then no one will really know for sure.
are you eating enough? stress? sleeping enough?
yes, why couldn't you?
is it really sexual harassment if you like it?
fucking gross user but you do you. eat as many as you want within your diet not going over your calories

Attached: 1550502134848.jpg (1080x1082, 131K)

Sleep 8hours, I eat high quality foods like grass fed meat, butter and milk with lots of berries, organic too. I exercise 6 days a week. No stress. No liabo or sex drive, not even enough to fap. Dick is limp and no morning wood. I even take the extra step to reduce testosterone harming products like shampoo and eat lots of high test food likes red onions yet my sexual drive is an old man.

Either is probably fine. 4x week full body with a GPP day on wednesday is another option.

What's your waist size? Not pants size.

about 35.5". it's not a huge gut i just hate the way it looks

Sounds like the life

it's libido not liabo user. if you can't get hard AT ALL then see a doctor, otherwise i don't know man. but try take zinc supplements.

Attached: 1475925222986.jpg (789x433, 27K)

Will doing 30-45mins of cardio 2 hours after lifting negatively effect me in any way? Usually 2-3 hours after lifting I get in the mood to exercise again and I don't have much else to do.

I think it's reasonable to stop your bulk there. The fatter you get the more likely you are to put on fat instead of muscle when gaining weight. You could do a short maintenance period then cut until you're around 32" or less depending on your personal preference.

This is important pls help

I can't sleep at night, but I don't feel tired, only mi eyes feels little sleepy, I could go to the gym and do a killer leg session if it was open

Is this normal? Maybe I'm eating more than enough for a bulk? It's been like 3 days since I'm in this state, only sleeping for 4 hours

Not an expert or something but if you want to bulk a lot and stuff you will need to eat those calories that you are losing, but doing cardio it's great cause it helps you keep in shape and not being a fat ass bloated fridge

what time do you eat and wtd you go to bed? abstain from food at least 2 to 3 hours before bed, maybe adding a bit of cardio in the afternoon or something could help, calculate your caloric intake to grow don't just eat as much food as you can fit for bulk or you will end up puking , just my humble advice

AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE CREATINE EVERYDAY OR JUDT THE DAYS I WORK OUT

thank

Eating schedule:
6 like 4-6 pancakes
10 some fruits and pb sandwich
12-15 500gr of chicken titties, broccoli and a cup of rice
15-18 some vegetables and pb sandwich
20 1 cup of pasta and maybe a cup of milk with coffee and a little bit of sugar

Maybe the coffee has something to do, I started drinking it like a week ago at 20

Plus, I used to go to bed at 22 while I listened to any NBA content at the lowest volume possible

Why did leddit change phraks? Is it better than the original?

>thefitness.wiki/routines/r-fitness-basic-beginner-routine/
>The version of Phrak’s GSLP on this page is not the original version of Phrak’s GSLP, or GSLP in general – it has been modified from the original to make it simpler to follow and slightly add Deadlift volume. Pulling exercises (row, chinups) were also changed to be performed before pushing exercises (overhead press, bench press) as this can help some people’s shoulders feel better (for everyone else, it doesn’t matter).

Attached: xd.png (1136x689, 435K)

How do i reach the pullup bar as a manlet without getting the manlet stool and having the whole gym laugh?

why the FUCK would you even drink coffe at night or even at all fuck coffe, also your diet doesn't tell much if I don't know your body, calculate the caloric intake and see if you are good

>AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE CREATINE
No

Everyday

Jump up and grab it?

>why the FUCK would you even drink coffe at night or even at all fuck coffe,
Not based, coffee is practically the best thing to be addicted to.
youtu.be/wRpyvFw1fnA

30-3200 calories brah, like 18% body fat, 176 pounds, 5'9 high test manlet alpha, I translate Documents for a fat fuck so I have a "sedentary" job at home

Can I Bench every day?
Can I Curl every day?

I only care about upper body and rest days are so fucking boring.

Attached: download.jpg (800x600, 49K)

Unrelated to weightlifting, I fucked up my right knee while hiking in late May and now it hurts like a son of a bitch when I walk downhill (I'm now avoiding lunges and calves raises out of fear I will worsen the problem).

I went to the GP of course but he only prescribed me anti-inflammatory pills and cream which did jack shit because I most likely damanged a ligament and that will probably require surgery.

I did however manage to get back into hiking with medical knee braces. I'm wondering though, am I making the matter worse by providing support? I was thinking of perhaps getting wraps so I could tighten/loosen them as needed instead.

Attached: knee_wraps.jpg (826x1114, 118K)

Jesus christ man

Do you lift? you are a literal spooky skeleton. All you have is bodyfat and bones!

Does molly affect gains? How often can I drink and still make SOME progress?

you can't work the same muscles every day. Growth occurs at rest, not during work. If you don't let your muscles rest they won't repair and you'll actually get weaker, or worse, get injured.

>because I most likely damanged a ligament and that will probably require surgery.
bruh you need a doctor to actually confirm that. I'm willing to bet a physical therapist can help you.

fuck you buddy, coffee is great

because r/fitness is full of retards, what else is new

When recording weights for deadlifts and squats, do you count the weight of a training vest if you're using one?

...why the fuck would you use a training vest while weightlifting