One arm chinup

Did any of you manage the one arm chin up? How did you train?

I am doing 6x2 with 65lbs, but progress is slow. I can maybe add 2 pounds a month or I get tendonitis, hurt, or just don't make any progress.

So I do this once a week:
6x2 @ 65lbs
3x6 pullups @ bw
1x8 chins

Attached: one-arm-chin.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

once I was able to do 30 consecutive pullups I was able to do one strict one arm pullup with my right arm

I don't know, but I think good routine might be something like
>mantle/uneven chin-ups for couple of weeks.
>Archer chin-ups after that, before you can hit your fist one-arm chin-up.
It puts emphasis on one arm so it should work better, than just doing regular chin ups, I guess.

that sounds about right... when i could do 20, i could nearly do a single one arm.

You can use a resistance band, do negatives or a pulley. It's quite hard though to be fair.

I did. It was a bitch and a half, for very little benefit.

Stats when I had them:
Bw 140lb
Chin ups: 5x5 +135lb added weight
Pull ups: 5x5 +155lb added weight

Don't listen to . Endless pullups won't increase the explosive strength you'll need to get them consistently.

I stopped doing them since I wanted to get bigger, and didn't want 200+lb of force hanging from my shoulder girdle. Regardless, do what you want bro.

>Almost
Yeah, okay.

For assistance work, this is spot on. But weighted pulls should be your bread and butter.

I have literally been doing pull ups all my life.

But I am 200 lbs, so I max at about 14 with strict form.

I can get 0 movement with one arm, though I can hang there forever.

>I did. It was a bitch and a half, for very little benefit.

You can do a one-arm chin. That's amazing. Nothing in life theoretically has "benefit", you should know this.

Anyway, I believe you more than anyone else in this thread.

I can't do anything like the reps you are putting out.

I can dod 5x5 at like +30lbs max.

How often did you train?

You're quite heavy. I am skinny and a climber, there's a difference. All I do is pull myself up.

how is this 15 year old blockhead so big? Do they really start roiding that young? wtf

>Nothing in life has benefit
Okay Mr. Nihilist, what I meant was comparative to other exercises. But I guess it depends on your goals. If you want to be a rock climber twink who can nipple cripple Rebar, more power to you.

As for frequency, I'd progress in the same way as any other compound. Incremental progression, etc...I started through calisthenics, so 2-3x/wk is the standard protocol. Make changes/deload as necessary.

I could do 3, then I tore a muscle in my chest and didn't workout for a month and now I can only do one
What I found that worked best was negatives but do them as slow as possible until you fail, not for reps, for sets of one.
You can make that even better if you strap some bands onto the pullup bar in the side, and holding onto it with one hand and pull it downwards, while performing the pullup with the other hand, and then doing the negative. Every workout place your hand lower on the band. Eventually you'll get there.

As for your wieghted pullups, I think what works best is a 5x5 like program, 3 times a week. I started with 10kg and 2.5kg increacements everyworkout, with minimum rest time. I got until 30kg until I tore that chest muscle.
You can do the same with 1.25kg increacements if you'd like.

Never did any archer pullups or anything by the way.

This is solid, but it should be said the Negative on a one arm chin needs to be respected. Never drop into it, or you can seriously fuck your shit up.

>Programming, etc.
All solid, except for that chest tearing thing. Sounds like a technique issue.

I once almost fucked Whitney Houston's crack-addled corpse right in the left eye socket... Almost.

Nah my chest muscle tore because I benched way too often most likely.

>Larping on an Indonesian Pocket Fishing Image Blog

Isn't that a Japanese anime forum?

You might be right desu

Archer chin-ups are a meme, do uneven chin ups until you hit sets of 10-12 then you're ready.
Also if you intend to do archer pullups / chinups or typewriter pullups, make sure that you keep your non-lifting hand straight. I didn't and pinched my ulnar nerve at the elbow on both hands. Right hand healed in 2 weeks, left is slowly healing 2 months later. It's a bitch to deal with.

Mix in one arm negatives when your tendons are ready.

Personally I'm not there yet. Just hit sets of 9 uneven pullups last week, I'll start negatives next week. I'm doing this 3 times a week.
I'm trying to get there the calisthenics way without adding weight. I think it's achievable, because I'm 5'6, 73kg.

Attached: pullupMonster.jpg (720x720, 204K)

how did you tear it?

ok I'm retarded

Attached: bUrself.png (435x430, 92K)

Nah it's fine dude