/mag/ - Martial Arts General

flat edition

Attached: 9bafd1f19f656d85f0ff36cc9dc8c666.jpg (1000x1500, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s08bVnccZRdt
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zqDsZhZPAL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Repost from last thread.
I know mat time is the most important thing for getting good at BJJ, but does it matter if that time is spread out over multiple days (e.g. 1 hour, six days a week) or more compact (e.g. 2-3 days of 2-3 hours)?

Attached: 1564553564246.png (390x348, 125K)

Lord knows I'd smash

Also kickboxing on monday, has been years since I've done MT so I'm hyped finally getting back into a striking sport/art

how do i achieve tyson mode

Attached: images.jpg (272x185, 10K)

How viable are kicks to the head in street fights?

Everytime I feel like sparring gets easier I spar a new dude who's strong as fuck so I get filled to shit with lactic acid.
What do.

this is all I have to add

Attached: 1568141726537.jpg (1920x1010, 696K)

Just as viable as punches. It just depends on where the location is

good enough to kill

enjoy your jailtime

Imagine then inserting it into your own mouth, that would be so disgusting haha

It doesn't matter that much. 1 hour 6 times a week means you'd be more fresh for more of the time and could learn more, but it's hard to fit in a schedule and going for 3 hours straight really builds conditioning. Do what works for you.

I want to do a fighting sport (like win in case anyone picks a fight, hasn't happened yet fingers crossed it doesnt) and for cardio but I'm an engineer so I can't do blows to the head. Any reccs?

haha oh gross :^)

If you do it stand-up it's 5,000% badass

If you kick the guy while he's down it's not a fight anymore but rather nigger-tier assault

Grappling - BJJ, Judo, and/or wrestling. If you can get a combination of all three, do it. If you can only do one, I'd suggest a well-rounded BJJ place that covers takedowns. If you're really worried about blows to the head, avoid judo as throws will occasionally cause concussions.

If you can actually set them up correctly and land them while also keeping your balance, it can end the fight. At the very least it can throw them off enough to allow you to close the distance.
That said, learning how to use kicks properly is very complicated and unless you're confident in your ability to use them under pressure you shouldn't try it.

This pussy doesn't want to win

Poke eyes, knee groin, kick his fucking head off while he's down

I feel like unless you were on your way to the gym your clothes would restrict you from kicking that high.

I'm not even particularly flexible as far as kickboxers go, but I am able to head kick with jeans on easily.

Grappling as the other user said. If you want to do striking, then Muay Thai is still an option. The sparring is generally lighter than Western Boxing in the States, and your entire body effectively becomes a target, so less head hunting during training. Just don’t compete.

Kill yourself.
>i'm an engineer xD
Fuck you, you're not special. You think you're gonna take a couple of jabs to the face and then not be able to do your precious engineering job, fuck you, you pussy stay the fuck away from any martial arts place. Don't waste your time you're never gonna learn to fight to even a slight degree, you're just gonna make the people at whatever gym you drag your pathetic ass to sick. Don't ever post on Jow Forums again. 100 years ago people like you died before you reached a double digit age instead of ending up wasting space in some office engineering dildos, making the world uglier and weaker by your very existence.

vocaroo.com/i/s08bVnccZRdt

Attached: 1568286184347.jpg (226x202, 8K)

Seething college drop out

Which martial arts, or combination of, will get me the closest to learning the kamehameha?
Where is the real Turtle School?

Attached: Goku_DBZ_Ep_31_008.png (1413x1722, 2.16M)

Long time practitioner here.I moved to a small city and there is only one martial arts gym, I tried one muay thai class and it was full of soccer moms and fat people, the instructor was a girl that couldn't throw a punch, I cringed so hard.

I'm still doing my cardio everyday and lifting, but I miss sparring so much and having real challenges. What should I do, bros? And no, I can't leave here, at least for now.

that sucks
nothing to do for now, unless you're willing to help the instructor out
>can't leave
didn't you check the gym before paying membership? do it next time

I meant the city. That class was experimental.

I guess I will just keep building endurance for when I get an opportunity to train again.

Starting Kendo at my uni on monday. How fucking weeb am I?

Attached: kendo.jpg (2550x1713, 3.05M)

Then imagine kissing her while she is panting hard that would be so wierd , hahaxD

>oNlY FiGhT pEoPle As A lAsT rEsOrT
Nah, if people dare test me I will fuck them up. I'm not training for sport

Doing boxing, judo, and kenpo each twice a week, Friday is my rest day so I can go out dancing with my girl. It's a good life brahs

anyone watching fox sports? fucking amerisharts watching a bjj champion doing his trade and booing at him, what a bunch of retards

That's almost as big a meme as HEMA jfc if you're going to do a weapons art at least do kali/arnis/escrima

Your gay sex art isn't impressing anyone faggot

I'm an engineer and have been boxing for 12 years. Don't be a pussy and learn to move your head out of the way of people's punches

quite a weeb
at least you're not doing bujinkan
fuck off lardass

Attached: IMG_20190914_204436~2.jpg (1564x1067, 239K)

real shit, I try to find excuses to put people to sleep too
everything has consecuences tho, live by the sword die by the sword. one day someone will split our wig and we'll get what we deserve lol

What non meme unknown martial art should i do?

I don't want to do the regular well known ones bjj,muay thai,boxing,
wrestling, judo

Attached: FB_IMG_1542644811345.jpg (674x960, 82K)

Actually a based reply

LOL everyone who does BJJ at my mma gym is chubby basedboys. Us muay Thai guys stay lean and mean. Cut the estrogen out of your diet gayboy

Stop being an edgy faggot and practice shit that works

beat me to it

But everybody already do that

Attached: 1550726781546.jpg (683x683, 68K)

I mean at my uni it's a choice between kendo and fencing, but I'm not gay enough for fencing.

Yeah because it fucking works dipshit

Worth it

At least fencing is a legitimate sport

this
none of the popular ones teach how to kamehameha, or anything close for that matter
which combination of "real world" martial arts would make you comparable to post-dragon ball pre-Z goku?

OH, it's a weeb. Into the trash it goes

Based haha poster

>complaining about weebs on Jow Forums
keep talking shit faggot and catch a light beam to the chest

Alright so wich one of those is the best dipshit?

Attached: 1550547734631.jpg (1024x645, 94K)

anything but bujinkan

>tfw anime will never be real

Muay Thai+ wrestling + BJJ covers all bases. But the poor man's combo is boxing+ judo.

Well the reason mixed martial arts exist is because none is the outright best. It's best to practice them all but since there's only so much time in the day pick a couple to start with. The standard starter combos are boxing+wrestling and muay thai+BJJ, although honestly judo blends better with muay Thais clinch game. A couple years of good training in either and you'll be able to take 97% of the population, even if you're a fucking manlet

Thanks fren

Attached: 1553901792343.jpg (650x640, 61K)

Boxing and judo is a based combo

>Krav Maga Expert

what combo will cover this? what is the closest to turtle school style?

Attached: goku vs frieza.gif (474x249, 477K)

Thanks based user

Attached: 1559295071408m.jpg (1024x577, 62K)

how can this be achieved in real life?
no technology

Attached: goku broly punch.gif (470x264, 1.13M)

>forearm blocking
Practice wing tsun for a few years then try that on a boxer lemme know how it goes weeb

i'm a bjj guy and i gotta admit, the average athleticism in bjj is pretty embarrassing as far as martial arts go, i mean i get thats the point of bjj but still.

Not really unknown, but Sambo

judo isn't teaching anyone how to fight lol more like tug on someones sleeve and get knocked the fuck out

>he doesn't see the value in being able to throw, toss, trip, and sweep from the clinch.
Found the tard

yeah....muay thai already does that, and better than fucking judo lmao why are weeb fags always trying to push people to play that stupid game in this general

If you honestly believe muay thai is a better grappling art than judo you're even more retarded than I thought

>judo is now clinch fighting
lmao takedowns are judo, the clinch is judo, whats next, left hooks are actually judo too? delusional

gotta wear dem S T R E T C H Y jeans ma boi

>grabs my sleeve
>knock him the fuck out

>Ooooooh nooooooo! That guy accesses the Internet unmonitored!!! He’s gonna shoot up the school!!!!!

Attached: 7CD5ED49-789A-4B56-89B3-E1C2A7CD374E.jpg (780x960, 66K)

>a clinch is a standing grapple
>judo is a standing grappling art
>judo doesn't clinch
Ffs I can't wait for summer to end

fencing is ganster asf, amazing distance management; reaction time; way more fun than slapping someone on the top of the head and running past them in a gay fashion while screaming. (My judo dojo was beside a kendo place).

Didn't happen when jene lebell fought milo savage

don't even try arguing with him, he lives in these threads, will argue with everyone how judo is actually the originator of everything ever, its the best, it's totally not a pushy tuggy pajama game for weeb nerds, and don't you dare mention the fact that you can't even grab legs, it's totally still "grappling". he and it is a joke but he'll never admit it, ever

I'm not that guy, I think the new Olympic rules are bullshit. Doesn't change the fact that old school judo is legit

>clinch
mauy thai
>jerk each other around in pajamas and have stupid japanese names for everything
judo

this.
weebs watch the Ip Man movie than verily believe that a 115lb 5'5 kung fu master could take on a 210 Irish boxer.

you are literally that guy, right now lmao

how hard is to perform in the ufc? there was fat unfit mofo who can't fight for shit getting pounded on in live tv as a pre cerrone fight AND HE JUST WON lmao

let him live in his fantasy

you type like a 14 year old. Are you the rhonda waifu guy?

Love boxing but so many practicioners are fucking insufferable tards, fucking sad man

it depends, stylistically on the fighters and also in the undercards you tend to have fighters who got signed after beating up a bunch of cans in other amateur leagues, like going into a cage after a year or two after training and smashing some dude who's only been training a month or so to inflate your record. so they're really not that good. anything not in the ranked fighters in the ufc is of questionable quality

way to avoid the argument buddy, you're a real genius

lmao try doing stand-up with a national level Judoca, you will find its not as wishy washy as your deluded mind believes.
And do you honestly believe that once a martial artist devotes time into any grappling MA that strikes is this un-answerable kryptonite

you arent wrong, it takes alot of training to get good results compared to boxing

i honestly believe an amatuer boxer would easily ko a national level judoka. easily. judo is a game, not a fighting sport.

How can he even argue this? Got settled pretty decisively in '94

....by a bjj guy proving bjj was the best?

According to most thing I've seen not really
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zqDsZhZPAL8
Grappling is pretty handy.

Watch UFC 1 lemme know how well your pro boxer does

BJJ is a direct derivative of judo

royce gracie does bjj. i don't think bjj sucks i said judo sucks, learn to read

yeah, the one that actually works

Are you the Rhonda guy? Post some more of the pics muh dude.

How would you know? You just eat cheetos powder out of your FAT moms belly button.