Working out on a 9 to 5 job?

How do people who work manage to go to the gym and have a social life? I am starting a new job soon and will need 2 hours of commute total, so I am free from 6 onwards, but people have told me that I will have no energy to workout after work. Any similar experiences?

Attached: 1568467680260.png (800x800, 215K)

Wow you’re a bitch. Lift before work - zero traffic cuts down on commute. Tbh you’re already a cuck due to commute time though, not living near your occupation is a recipe for failure.

>will need 2 hours of commute total
[spoiler]your 9 to 5 isn't the problem here[/spoiler]

Go to gym near work right after. Leave gym after rush hour traffic. Get home same time or shortly after you would have after sitting in traffic.

It'll be hard but doable. Your first test will be when the motivation wears off and you're tired coming home. You'll be faced with the question to lift or not to lift. If you skip you'll go down to a path that will lead you to gain 60 lbs and look like shit while having no energy to ever get back in shape. If you don't skip and just do a lighter workout you'll be down the right path

I take the train so traffic doesn't matter. The job offer came last minute and I already had a contract on a house. Also commute time is an hour going and an hour back, a bit more than the average (45 mins).

Simple, just don't be a wagie. But most wagies i know workout after work, some scrubs going at peak time, other waiting until like 10-11 when it's empty.

>8:20 wakeup + drive to work
>9:00 work starts (have breakfast at 10:00 while working, usually whey shake with oats)
>16:30 have second lunch at work
>17:15 drive home
>17:45 arrive at home + chill
>18:30 workout in home gym + shower + eating
>20:00 enjoy rest of the day
>00:30 go sleepies

its just werks

Yeah that's a good option ill consider it, tahnks bro

>just dont be wagie
have you ever left you room little man? or do you just not know how the world really works

>real world really works
Only children say shit like this. But yes i'm wagie too unfortunately.

>sleeping less than 8 hours

Ngmi

>all people need the same amount of sleep

I tried 9hours but I dont need that much, 7:30-8h are more than enough for me.

i just gotta fucking do it.. surely some days you wont be on top of the game, but it's fine.

i work 50h per week average and somehow manage 3-4 sessions per week

bout to become a wagie on tuesday. dreadful, wanna kms

I was thinking of taking my preworkout on the train so it kicks in as soon as I get to the gym, but not sure how long thats gonna work before tolerance gets in the way

Get ready for your gains to be killed

jesus christ this isn't gonna work

first job?
the first 6-12months will be horrible. enjoy the ride.
also say goodbye to your gains.

yes
ok comments like this are making me serioulsy consider offing myself, lifting is all i enjoy ffs

My biggest problem is personally sleep
I can't really workput on my work days which is fine since I dont work everyday.
But I sleep like 10 hours a day.
I also only go to the gym twice a week.
Which is inefficeint for gainz.
3 or 4 days Id prefer.
Anybody else ecperiencing this?

>the first 6-12months will be horrible
If anything i found this was the best period (minus the first few weeks). It only gets worse. I wish i was a workaholic or something.

>Social Life

lol,ngma

that wasnt my experience when I started.
at first you are usually the "new guy" and you have to be careful about everything you do/say.

it sucks not gonna lie but its an important experience imho and it will get much better after the first year. I was a neet until I started my first job with 27. (it related, still dont know how)

Get up at 430 gym by 5 to 6 ...run till about 6:40..shower..then off to work...I do meal prep it take me no time to get my lunch together....first week might be rough, but once you get through it, it's a breeze

yep this, get home at 7, warm up post workout meal, then 7:30 to midnight i do whatever.

Also if you have a decent transit system take the bus ..can take a quick snooze and relax and not have to worry about fucking traffic

same. First year is quite okay. After that your exp gains will stall and the true wage slaving begins where you do the same shitty tasks day after day after day...

Attached: 1568265942058.jpg (430x600, 108K)

Damn thinking about starting to work while on law school. Definitely don't think that I'm going to be able to go to the gym if i get a job.

how was neet life compared to what you have now? Do you miss it?

>2 hours of commute total
americans be crazy lmao

faggot i work from 10:00 till 23:00 and i still find time to lift.

This. First year is novelty, even somewhat interesting. Then after the stereotype kicks in, it's ogre.

I dont miss it, I lived every day in fear of the future.

Now everything is set-up. I go to work, earn my cuckcoins, lift and enjoy the rest of the day. I usually browse Jow Forums/irc for hours at work, so its not like my usual day is any different than it was before.

I don’t have a social life. It’s literally pointless to go out drinking. For what? What’s the ROI?

I don't know man. I quit my job so I could work out 3 days a week for 90 minutes.

>people tell me i will have no energy to workout after work
>the same people that decide to go drink until 1 am
its just an excuse. What they mean to say is that you will eventually become lazy like them, which is very easy to do. So you can't really blame them but at the same time they are a bunch of liars about not having enough energy

waging just drains energy itself
energy-wise
waging and gym >>> waging alone
normies watch talmudvision and cuckflix, play vidya or commute like OP. Time mismanagement is no joke

Me:
>4:30a: wake up
>5:00a: eat my overnight oats
>5:15a: leave for work with coffee and banana
>6:00a: arrive at job site (electrician)
>11:30a: eat salad, bread, and nuts for lunch
>2:30p: head home
>3:30p: arrive home, eat apple, and foam roll
>3:45p: MFW - cardio; TTS - lift
>5:00p: cook dinner
>5:30p: eat dinner (one sheet meal, one skillet meal, one pot meal, pasta)
>6:00p: clean up and prep tomorrow's breakfast and lunch
>6:30p: daily chore
>7:30p: wind down with tea and a book
>9:00p: fall asleep
I need to find a job that doesn't have such a draining commute out to the exurbs.

Honestly waging drains my energy mentally more than physically. Taking all my mind gains.

yes, its stressful. But you definitely still have the physical energy to go through your workouts. The "man up" phrase applies to the situation

>but people have told me that I will have no energy to workout after work.
yea that sedentary desk job is so physically draining dude your muscles will just be absolutely fucked

This if I can work a 12 hour shift and then go to the gym after so can anybody else. More days off tho is nice.

Me
>530 Wake
>545 Leave house to get on Public Transport
>Around 730/800 - Get to work
>Work until 430
>Get home around 630
>Straight to the gym for about an hour until 8ish
>Eat, sleep

JUST WAGESLAVE LOL
>Can't afford closer to the city due to my own retarded decisions

I have 2hours travel time and still train 4times a week. But I also drink over a liter of coffee with milk and sugar.

by training right after i get home from work.
hell, a lot of companies even have their own gym you can use before you start your commute home.

the no energy thing is just a bad excuse people use not to train.
once you make a habit of training after work it becomes just another routine.

Do you people really work 9 to 5 jobs? Don't you have a lunch break? In Russia it is usually 9 to 6 with an hour break in the middle.

same here in germany. I work 09:00 -> 17:30 with an 30min break.
reality however is I come at 9:15 and go home by 17:15, my breaks are also more in thje 45min-60min region.

It's the same basically everywhere. 9-5 doesn't exist anymore really. Wagie getting even more cucked.

fix your sleep apnea m8

Get up at 5,
Around 7 at the gym next to my work.
Feel cool calm collected on the job and when I get home around 6:30 I get to chill and relax

I work 9 - 5 hard manual labor and the answer is I don't except when I'm off.

It's not really even necessary at that point.

Attached: tpvjfznt7p621.jpg (640x800, 35K)

he could be paid via salary instead if that's what he means

Just do it, thats the secret.

I’m working on that now, best bet is to wake up and start feeling inadequate and hating yourself and keep that up throughout the day. Then when you get home, use those feelings to fuel your workout.

I work 60 hours a week and still find time to go to the gym 3-4 times a week.

The "I have no energy" fib is the only thing holding you back.

This, I work 24hr shifts and still manage to go at LEAST twice a week. Pic related is my usual sleeping pattern due to my job (EMS). As you can see, it’s absolute chaos.

Attached: 76821438-1DD2-468D-B73D-4A253326ABA1.png (828x1792, 252K)

I hate those ring things that keep the weight in place. They take forever to put on and hurt your fingers a bit.

lift in the M O R N I N G

you won't have the energy to lift after work. just wake up early. like 4 or 5 am. you have so much more time in the day when you do

wake up early enough to workout/train whatever physical activity you like to do. if you have a full time career the fuck are you doing having a social life what a waste of time health and body come first always. Turn your training and work into the socializing.

damn bro thats unhealthy

I used to work in a warehouse and I worked out even when they called for overtime. I'd usually do it before work but sometimes I felt like I had even more energy after working. This was 3rd shift too, mind you. If you actually care you'll do it regardless of how hard it is.

Buy some barbells and equipment and bring em on the train. Boom 45 min workout.

I work out before work. I work 2 jobs and one starts at 5 in the morning. If I'm not working my other one I go after the first one. I'm only one week into it but so far so good

>Social life
Super overrated. I've had friends but they end up being gains goblins who just want to drink, eat, and watch football.
Do yourself a favor, find and join a local powerlifting/barbell club. Hell, even a crossfit. Make fit friends who will push you.

>he doesn't work a job where you can just walk out and go to the gym in the middle of the day, then have lunch and come back 2 hour later
Get a better job.

This, especially a powerlifting club. People who power lift are often the chillest fucking people to be around.

PLEASE HELP ME FELLOW ELECTRICIAN! WTF is your TDEE? Ever since I got into this trade I cannot gain weight. Currently at 4500.

how do you make time for hobbies while working full time? I want to lift and ride my bike, but also work on my car, play drums, draw, etc., not to mention cooking and other necessary shit

You’re simply not going to get the most out of any aspect of your life with that commute. It can be done, but you’ll win only a Pyrrhic victory.

24 hour gyms. Damn near the only way. Here's an example of the kinda days I've been doing recently
>6am - wake up, mosey about for half an hour, leave the house around 6:30
>8:30 - arrive at the office
>5:00 - leave the office
>6:30 - arrive back home
>6:45-7:00 - go for a quick 2.5k run
>7:00-8:30 - mess around doing whatever I want
>8:30-10:30 - go to the gym now the post office hours rush has ended, do my workout, do some more cardio
10:30-1am - free time

Basically resign yourelf to not having much free time.
I feel your pain on the commuting aspects though, working a job with a variable location sucks ass

How is that difficult? Do the daily things like lifting before or after work. Bike riding depending on the type you're talking about is either alternated with lifting or added to the end of a gym session, otherwise you plan full days out where you go ride on a weekend.
>work on my car, play drums, draw
This is what the weekend is for, as well as doing any extra things that help you advance your career like study.
>cooking
Do a full week cook on a sunday night.

It's difficult, but doable. Once you get a schedule, it's hard to let go of it. For example:
>05:00 wake up
>05:30 get to gym
>06:45 drive home, shower make breakfast
>07:30-40 leave for work
>12:00 maybe skip lunch to go to the gym again (good for cuts)(also, very lucky I have another gym I can go to a block away from my office)
>17:30 leave work
>18:00 get home, make food cook dinner eat
>19:00-20:00 free time
>20:00 get ready for bed, no more electronics, read, lockpick, journal
>21:00 sleep
Yes, social life lacks, but this way you are able to go 5 times a week during the week. But yes, after work it's one of those things where you just wanna eat and relax a bit.

Attached: anytime.jpg (225x225, 4K)

2nd shift master-race reporting in.

>wake up at 9am
>eat breakfast, lift and eat lunch
>go to work, get there at 3pm
>get back from work around midnight
>go to sleep at 1am and start over again

I've never had better gains in my life. Plus I can stay up late on the weekends and it doesn't fuck up my sleep schedule.

Take steroids so you can build muscle without having to work out.

Shift wagie here 6 on 6 off, 12 hour shifts witith 1.5 hour travel each way. After 15 hours the last thing I can get myself to choose over sleep is lifting. 6 days off end up being gym basically every day, but it just doesnt feel too efficient at all. Weh.

>2 hours of commute total

damn bro

hope you got books on tape

this

2 hours total a day is not a lot for most cities.

I usually go with 3000. 4500 seems really high. It depends on what you're doing. Digging trenches? Maybe 4500 makes sense. Trimming outlets? You're no more active than a waiter.

if you can get out then do it. don’t end up like me
>used to lift often
>get new job to help out the senpai
>go from working 30 hours a week to 55-60
>haven’t touched a weight in 4 years
>my smile and optimism: gone

>i wish i was a workaholic or something
>wishing the equivalent of a drug addiction on yourself, except instead of heroin or cocaine it’s wage slaving
please don’t

what do you do user? i used to do hard scaling and i thought it wasn’t necessary to lift because i was working 7-6:30 6 days a week but all i did was get fat. i do irrigation now and managed to lose the weight but i’m still too mentally and physically exhausted to even think about working out.

I work about 60 hours a week, have a wife and kid and make it to the gym. I don't really have any down time for anything else though. I'm posting this from the gym while I cool down...

>tfw body is putrid as fuck after work sometimes
>shower
>workout
>shower again
this is the only thing that annoys me about waging

Nursing full time.
2 hour commute like you,
All about priorities.
If you wanna train for 3 hours, do it-
If you wanna go 1 hour 3 times a week, do it
Just know that whatever option you choose
You cant have everything 100%, as with everything
Sometimes I ony get to sleep 2-4 hours after a night shift
Still hit the gym. Currently at 220/140/220 SBD, all kgs.

Yeah, but at least it would make wageslaving bearable.

>10 hours of sleep
not normal
>I also only go to the gym twice a week.
ngmi

>not normal
There is no normal with sleep. Everyone's needs are different. Optimal sleeping hours are just a rough guideline.

How many hours does one need to hit the gym to make "reasonable" progress?

I try to do 10 hours in the gym every other week. (Unusual work schedule.) Some minor bodyweight stuff during my work week.

> me
> finish work at 1800
> get home at 1930
> get changed rinse sweat off, rehydrate
> hit the gym by 2000
> finish by 2100
> meal prep for now and whenever else if not done before
> shower do other maintenance bullshit(1000 crunches, face mask), eat
> sleep by 2300
> wake at 0630 almost 8 hrs
> slurp up shaked protons get ready and leave for work by 0730

Use any transition period where you are idle as personal time which you won't otherwise have.
Use long commute to relax, I listen to music but audiobook/podcasts could prob work too or even actual book depending on mode of travel.
Always workout both days on weekend early morning
No social time unless weekends but even then studying and shit to do with family, left with 1/2 hr tops sat/sun depending on work load and how I manage everything.
You either get strict with your time management or you ngmi.

>youll have no energy after work
so many people say this. even my dad, who is my gains cheerleader, told me it would go downhill after i got a 9-5 job.
it doesn't matter. it's not about being tired, or whatever. it's about fucking doing it anyway. even if "abloo bloo i didnt have time to eat", "i had to work overtime", "i just wanna relax", "social gains waah". SACK UP and go to the gym. you wanna make it? you gotta put in the work. do something for future you for once in your life

What? You can oversleep, 10 hours is way too much for the average human being, you at max need 8 hours. Either way you need a routine with sleeping (lets say you go to bed at 22 wake up at 7 or so) 10 hours is just lazy

I'd say 5 hours a week is fine

5 to 5 job here with girlfriend back at home whom I don't want to lose
I've lost all time to lift. I use to do it during lunch but work takes even lunch now.
What do I do

Attached: poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u5.jpg (750x1000, 73K)

Started an IT job a few months back, I finish at 1730 and usually 2/3 weekdays I go gym after work and then work out on the weekend too.
Finally hit 5pl8 diddly a few days back and am so happy.
Regardless of how tired you might feel at the end of the day after work if you want to work out and look forward to it, you'll find yourself pumped and ready to work out when you finally get into the gym.

Based and redpilled

2 hours of commute total

Lol you're fucked. Move next to work. I'm serious.

5 hours of fucking sleep if that

This OP, try to lift before work. Not after. Lifting should actually always be the first exertion you do. At least for me, lifting first gives me energy. But if I lift late and am tired, it's a shitty experience. I also lift first before cardio, never the other way around.

I mean you could go to bed a little earlier and make it 6, 6 and a half hours? I seem to tolerate around 5 hours fairly well though