Son, if you want to improve yourself, you shouldn't focus on specific goals or projects...

Son, if you want to improve yourself, you shouldn't focus on specific goals or projects, but focus on the conquest of the Irrational.

Man is not rational. A rational being thinks "I need to stop eating sugar, it's bad for me" and does it immediately. He never tastes it again, he never craves it, he never relapses.

A non-rational being with a drive for pleasure, on the other hand, struggles with this. So does a being with a strong tendency to act based on habit, or evolutionary drives that contradict good jugement (we like food that makes us fat precisely because we evolved this way to store fat in rough circumtances), or anxieties that he learned to relieve by eating, or subconscious associations he made between the act of eating and something else that he isn't even aware of, etc.

You are this irrational being and you need to embrace the chaos. Know yourself. Understand the irrational drives and patterns and manipulate them. Use them. Self-improvement is not the science of getting X done, it's the art of bringing all layers of your brain together for a common goal. It's the art of training the mind like you'd train a dog. Don't overestimate your rational faculties, understand the irrational ones.

Attached: ditavv68cle11.jpg (960x690, 133K)

Sometimes I eat my own shit and my doctor keeps trying to make me stop

Thank you user.

good stuff

impressive. this is the most philosophical thing ever written on this board - you deconstruct old, stodgy archetypes of human behaviour, and offer fucking nothing in return.
it seems profound on the surface, but 5 minutes after reading it you'll realise there's absolutely nothing practical here, nothing that you could actually apply in your life.

fpbp

I know. It just tastes so fucking good and it combined eith toilet eater just makes it so easy to down.

Im genuinely curious how a doctor would react if you told them you ate your shit consistently and didn't want to stop. They probably wouldnt want to touch you.

unironically the best post ive read tonight user

ok. but like how do you do that

>He never tastes it again, he never craves it, he never relapses.
geez, it's almost as if humans, like everything in existence, were dual in nature:
mind/logos vs. animal/feeling, subjective/objective etc. etc.

>he never craves it
you can do what you want, but you can't want what you want. there is no magical "i will reprogram everything primal about me to WANT different things", there is only "i will ignore my given want and accept the tension that arises from that status".

while i do agree with the general sentiment of your thread - that almost everyone is extremely lacking in willpower and that you can improve by consciously reflecting and manipulating the urges - you seem to not grasp painfully elemental aspects of life.
that inner animal isn't going away just because your mind says so, just like the mind isn't going away when it gets in the way of the animal.
putting logos over everything also seems kind of childish when it is apparent that at the end of it, the basic rules of logic just *are* the same way your urges just *are*.
accept your status as the battleground somewhere between pure impulse-driven animal and pure abstract spirit and enjoy the clownworld ride.

cope

COPE

massive cope my dude just admit your pathetic

thats gonna be a yikes from me

I ate too much last night. Do I starve myself today? I have done it before, but I don't know if I should

pretty sure you guys have no idea what i was trying to say. 100% sure i have more willpower than the four of you combined.

go ahead and have another cupcake, chubs

I fell in love with a girl on a webcam, intentionally. I slept in her room every night, I sent her a small offline tip every time she logged out so that she would always log in to it, we remembered eachothers birthday, I bought her flowers a couple of times just to surprise her and show her on camera. She gave me advice and encouraged me to lose weight, and I lost 28 lbs and she watched my progress. She encouraged me to not tip her too much and save my money because she knew my last relationship had gotten me behind financially. She was the reason I stayed home instead of driving to my ex gf's house to give her more money she didn't deserve, cause in the moment when I was about to cave and go do such a suicidal thing, I went and checked to see if Victoria was online and I talked with her instead.

She started going to school to be a hairdresser and she's now finishing that schooling. She will be starting a job at a salon now and leaving the job at the studio. She has chosen not to continue contact with me. I've deactivated my MFC account and that is basically that. It feels good to have a relationship end on a good note.

Victoria, which probably isn't her real name and that's OK, enjoys books about psychology. In one book she learned that jumping is a good way to improve the mood, so sometimes on a slow night she would cutely get up and jump around like a child.

Every day I reminded her that her hair looks nice. I did some things like that, and the offline tips, if only for the sake of consistency. We talked and played sexually from time to time and it was easy to explore a dominant role with her.

Well we said goodbye last night and that's that. She likes Linkin Park a lot and anytime I hear them now I'll think of her, and that shall be my reminder of this intimate time with her. It was really something special and it helped me to move on from a very bad relationship. We're all going to make it

stoicism is gay

you arent an emperor

Not really gay, you don't need to take the entire doctrine and follow it through, just use it as a different perspective for you to find your own world view.

>Don't overestimate your rational faculties, understand the irrational ones.
sounds pretty rational to me bro. also,
>underage detected

you got cucked out of money by an e thot that has plenty of other people doing the EXACT same shit. This should be your rock bottom man, not something to be proud about and cherish

Attached: 61819284_2572676079417565_6349361307430420480_n.jpg (500x557, 24K)

>psychology
>hairdresser
>a literal whore
imagine thinking women deserve rights

Never pay money for egirls unless you can actually meet them in person, or unless there's actually an agreed upon exchange, keep working on yourself, and go to online dating if you must, don't give up on self improvement and don't give up on love. You can and will find a person who will be willing to fuck you. Good luck.

>stoicism is gay
This is why society has gone to shit, because they can't endure anything without making a big deal about it.

You really are a dim one.

not gonna shit on you brother, when we are starved for love we will seek it anywhere. these type of girls, deep inside, seek the same thing. why didn't you try to keep in contact? unless she specifically didn't want it, I think you should have went for it and asked her social media at least.

you'll understand one day

and that's that

>this projection
Says the guy who claims stoicism is gay.

Tell me about practical application of BRUTAL MOGGING threads

Yeah. Now explain how would you measure one's power of will compared to another human.